Is 4-1-2-1-2 any good this year??

DIXON THFC
2483 posts Fans' Favourite
Not really seen anybody use it, anybody on here have any joy with it?

Any guides anywhere at all?

Comments

• TitanX
    305 posts Sunday League Hero
    Narrow?
  • Jrutts
    704 posts Professional
    Narrow is good!
  • SpiderMonkeybpg
    368 posts Sunday League Hero
    I usually switch to it in the second half works for me
  • DIXON THFC
    Just the standard one with LM and RM, seems a really good fit for the players I have.
  • TheTataGuy
    1202 posts Professional
    Yes, but use backs that go forward
  • Raider
    3616 posts National Call-Up
    narrow is op as every year
  • CustardHippo
    588 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Narrow plays a bit like a more attacking 4231 narrow, swapping a CDM for a ST. Or that's how it felt for me.

41212 wide depends on your custom tactics, you can set it so its solid defensively with wingers coming back in or playing 5 staying back and 5 staying forward, which is actually quite effective if you are a good defender.
  • DIXON THFC
    edited May 27
    I'm thinking like this...

Screenshot-20190527-153142-Companion.jpg

Once I have PIM Kluivert, Skriniar isn't banned and Bernardo is on 10 chem :joy:

It feels like the only formation I can get Bernardo into with full chem, any other formation suggestions with this team??
  • Bags
    825 posts Semi-Pro
    I tend to use this formation in SB but online the boring 4-2-3-1 is definitely better (for me at least).

I've just picked up TOTY Kante so might try it again online. I think the key is to have a mobile CDM
  • DIXON THFC
    edited May 27
    Bags wrote: »
    I tend to use this formation in SB but online the boring 4-2-3-1 is definitely better (for me at least).

I've just picked up TOTY Kante so might try it again online. I think the key is to have a mobile CDM

Just doesn't fit what I have (all untradeable)

And that's why I'm going with Bona over RTTF MVS, he's good (not great) at everything including defending.
  • TheArchitect
    941 posts Professional
    every tactics work in this game. you either win 7/10 or 4/10. depends on the mood of the game. And yes this game has a mood like a jealous wife when going out with the gf
  • DIXON THFC
    every tactics work in this game. you either win 7/10 or 4/10. depends on the mood of the game. And yes this game has a mood like a jealous wife when going out with the gf

Partly true Haha, however some formations I just cant use to save my life.

Been using 4-4-2(2) for a while now but want Bernardo in the team!
  • Stianrams
    191 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I play 4-1-2-1-2 narrow with 6 depth 8 wide, press on heavy and balanced attack.
    Front 3 stay forward and aggressive interceptions, the rest is standard.
    It's alot of fun when the game lets it be.
  • TheArchitect
    941 posts Professional
    DIXON THFC wrote: »

Partly true Haha, however some formations I just cant use to save my life.

Been using 4-4-2(2) for a while now but want Bernardo in the team!

The the others are just not fit to your playstyle.
  • Wooly1203
    2440 posts Fans' Favourite
    I really enjoy 41212 this year. CDM helps out the defense and the CAM helps link with the attack. Let’s me fit in some wingers so I can play the ball out wide. Not bad at all IMO
  • Satch85
    1100 posts Professional
    I’ve enjoyed using it recently, nothing fancy on cts, just obvious ones like cdm stay back etc although I do tell my LM/RM to stay wide whereas others suggest telling them to cut inside
  • CustardHippo
    588 posts An Exciting Prospect

Once I have PIM Kluivert, Skriniar isn't banned and Bernardo is on 10 chem :joy:

It feels like the only formation I can get Bernardo into with full chem, any other formation suggestions with this team??

How is Izzo at CB?
  • DIXON THFC
    Wooly1203 wrote: »
    I really enjoy 41212 this year. CDM helps out the defense and the CAM helps link with the attack. Let’s me fit in some wingers so I can play the ball out wide. Not bad at all IMO

Nice to hear good feedback @Wooly1203 can I ask what division etc you are in? I'm div 2 and normally get gold 2/3.
  • DIXON THFC

How is Izzo at CB?

@CustardHippo my favourite CB on the game, I know it sounds silly but he never messes up.
  • DIXON THFC
    Satch85 wrote: »
    I’ve enjoyed using it recently, nothing fancy on cts, just obvious ones like cdm stay back etc although I do tell my LM/RM to stay wide whereas others suggest telling them to cut inside

@Satch85 what's your full set up mate? Any tactics you can share? I'm a direct player, I play for fun, I hate a boring possession game.
  • JohnDoe
    11300 posts Has That Special Something

@Satch85 what's your full set up mate? Any tactics you can share? I'm a direct player, I play for fun, I hate a boring possession game.

Then you'd love the narrow 41212.
  • DIXON THFC
    JohnDoe wrote: »

Then you'd love the narrow 41212.

Should I just switch? I honestly hate the thought of it though.
  • Wooly1203
    2440 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wooly1203 wrote: »

Nice to hear good feedback @Wooly1203 can I ask what division etc you are in? I'm div 2 and normally get gold 2/3.

I’m sitting in D5 this year. Haven’t played anywhere near as much as normal due to work and didn’t start the game until probably February/March this year. I’ve been playing a mix of Divisions and SB. I’m usually a Div1/2 player in a normal year.
  • Dmb75
    413 posts Sunday League Hero
    Narrow is good but you need to have your cms cover wing. You can be badly exposed on the wings if your fbs are on balanced or join attack. Haven’t tried 4231 but might try it.