Simple solution for home players only

iRusty_yo
3921 posts National Call-Up
Once you enter the play match screen, if you backout you get a loss however the other guy does not get a win.

Should deter people from cherry picking.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Boysie91
    8177 posts League Winner
    I honestly don't get all the fuss I don't struggle to find a game 😕
  • DasPonyboy
    199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I’d think the simple solution is for EA to actually fix it
  • SanderFC
    2646 posts Fans' Favourite
    Then they could simply just remove all those pre-match screens (except with the opponent's squad) and automatically start the match, as the only real decision you make in them is choosing whether you want to play with/against your home or away kit
  • '96dc2
    9009 posts League Winner
    2 years to look at it, another 2 it might be fixed.
  • Retro1989
    4407 posts National Call-Up
    At the moment we have 3 screens.

A Home and Away ready up screen (Pointless, get rid)
    A kit selection screen (Obviously needed)
    A team management ready up screen (Pointless)

Should be you press start to find a match > Kit selection (with latency indicator and you can't tell if your home or away) > Opponents team screen (load screen) > Match.
  • sheffutd87
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    They should just be able to make both join the screen at the same time so there’s no way to tell.

Would be incredibly harsh to get a loss if you saw a less than perfect connection, your phone rang or the menus were lagging.
  • Bags
    714 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    DasPonyboy wrote: »

It's something we're looking at.

Its been a "thing" literally all year
  • Headshrinker363
    4807 posts National Call-Up
    Is this not how it works just now?
  • iRusty_yo

No I’m afraid.
  • iRusty_yo
    Delvinho wrote: »
    What if you back out because of a poor latency?

Tough but still should be given the loss
  • Nervous_Nick
    5090 posts Big Money Move
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    DasPonyboy wrote: »

It's something we're looking at.

While you're at it, please also make it possibile to remove the goddam info box on the upper left corner (nobody cares if it's Mark Noble 100th game, especially when it's covering your wingers).

And remove of nerf La Croqueta because it's destroying the game.

• Renamed123456
    3995 posts National Call-Up

My suggestion I think is simple...

EA makes it so that each player will play a equal amount of home/away games regardless.

For example, out of 10 games 5 will be home 5 will be away. So no matter what you do, you'll be matched with someone who has a home game to play.

People's thoughts???

@EA_Andy ??
  • iRusty_yo

EA makes it so that each player will play a equal amount of home/away games regardless.

For example, out of 10 games 5 will be home 5 will be away. So no matter what you do, you'll be matched with someone who has a home game to play.

People's thoughts???

@EA_Andy ??

I like this
  • SanderFC
    2646 posts Fans' Favourite

People's thoughts???

@EA_Andy ??

Why does it matter whether you play home (or away)?
  • gizzzzy
    305 posts Sunday League Hero
    SanderFC wrote: »

People's thoughts???

@EA_Andy ??

It doesnt but if you and me only play games at home we would never face eachother, this is how lots of people dodge eachother.
  • ASHERLAUYY
    740 posts Semi-Pro
    They could literally just make it like they do in h2h seasons
  • Porsgaard85
    925 posts Professional
    If I play every match without backing out because I wanna play home. Then I would play 1 home and 3 away. Don’t know why. But it’s like that in rivals in div 2.
    I’m backing out like the rest in wl
  • Renamed123456
    3995 posts National Call-Up
    SanderFC wrote: »

People's thoughts???

@EA_Andy ??

It's just annoying being able to get a match because idiots back out on everymatchup for 10 minutes.

It's stupid people that think there's some advantage to it or just copying idiot YouTubers.

Personally I like playing a mix of home and away. It should just be fixed that you will play as many home and away games and there's no avoiding it.

So... if Someone backs out 5 times to get 5 home games, no matter how many times they back out there next games will be away games.
  • tezmacfifa
    1899 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you back out you cannot try again for 30 seconds.
  • D Heleteli
    818 posts Semi-Pro
    I'd rather be able to see opponents badge and kit. Avoid all German and Dutch players. Would make my WL 3x longer but thoroughly more enjoyable.
  • Deano2508
    2435 posts Fans' Favourite
    Does it say if you’re away? I always seem to be the home team
  • Headshrinker363
    4807 posts National Call-Up
    iRusty_yo wrote: »

No I’m afraid.

I’m thinking about when you see the other players team. Silly me.
  • Porsgaard85
    925 posts Professional
    D Heleteli wrote: »
    I'd rather be able to see opponents badge and kit. Avoid all German and Dutch players. Would make my WL 3x longer but thoroughly more enjoyable.

So true! Just lost my chance of elite this wl because of German monkeys playing only on good connection to the servers.

That really pisses me off
  • sheffutd87
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 27
    Deano2508 wrote: »
    Does it say if you’re away? I always seem to be the home team

You are always on the left side of the lobby screen whether you are home or away.

There is a way to tell, but I’m not going to write it on here because it’s annoying and pointless.
  • '96dc2
    9009 posts League Winner
    edited May 27
    Load In 1st you’re home
  • SuperSonicSean
    5941 posts Big Money Move
    All they need to do is implement an artificial delay for when you load up. Don't show the screen until both players are present. Make every match look like an "away" match.
  • Recoba
    3594 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 27
    D Heleteli wrote: »

@EA_Andy

This is also true. I have 4 bars, I'm from Portugal and get matched alot with the 5 bars Germans. I cant do nothing all game. I have messaged alot of these players just to ask how was there gameplay and they always say "perfect, no delay".