The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

La croqueta is the most obnoxious fifa move in any fifa

fifaplayerbol
4372 posts National Call-Up
Give me back low drivens, anything but this ridiculous move.

People who spam it are sc*m of the earth, enabled by stupid EA developers who are either ignorant or incompetent.

Comments

• JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move
    Completely agree, like they're ice skating, ridiculous.
  • aladdin
    1424 posts Professional
    i could not agree more mate. it’s infuriating and complete bollocks
  • Dazzler
    1998 posts Fans' Favourite

People who spam it are sc*m of the earth, enabled by stupid EA developers who are either ignorant or incompetent.

You’ve just been done over in a match by a spammer haven’t you???

However I agree it is far too OP
  • fifaplayerbol
    4372 posts National Call-Up
    Dazzler wrote: »

You’ve just been done over in a match by a spammer haven’t you???

However I agree it is far too OP

Lost elite in the last game to it :D Gave away 2 pens
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6434 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 2019
    Yeah it's literally impossible to deal with, i was watching Gorilla stream yesterday and someone asked him how he deals with La Croqueta and even he said honestly i just stand in the way with my defender and pray that it goes my way
  • H_Mus
    589 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This and the pull back go to one side. Why are they in the game and so easy to do
  • tezmacfifa
    1899 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lowest of the low doing that. Played someone a moment ago who did it all game, so chatted to him and he felt nothing was wrong with doing 50 plus per match
  • Sykesy
    4458 posts National Call-Up
    I managed to do 6 in a row to win a game on the 120th. Absolutely ridiculous but got me my 17th win so was happy
  • tezmacfifa
    1899 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sykesy wrote: »
    I managed to do 6 in a row to win a game on the 120th. Absolutely ridiculous but got me my 17th win so was happy

❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Retro_G
    31982 posts National Team Captain
    Sykesy wrote: »

:joy:
  • ChrisMagicman13
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    Same happened to me yesterday. He had CR7 up top and basically just gave it to him and did la croqueta about 3-4 times in a row before finessing it into the top corner. Having conceded 3 nears identifal goals I quit out. It was clear he didn’t want to play Fifa/football and just wanted to screw with people. To his credit, he was the best user of the skill I’ve played against that I can remember. His timing and situations where he did the love . I hate it, I do the move now and again when trying beat a player, but I probably do it 2-3 times a game not 20+ like what it feels like I have to face. The move needs nerfing for sure!
  • Mmandras
    2974 posts National Call-Up
    They will nerf it 100% but don't get why is it so popular in the first place. It's very slow, clumsy move, not that easy to pull in all directions. Looks kind of pointless just like drag back or el tornado.

It would be great if EA could make better use of body feint.

• balErik
    946 posts Professional
    JamieT96 wrote: »
    Completely agree, like they're ice skating, ridiculous.

Yeah what joke it is, and the drag back too.
  • Ranamir10
    23 posts Park Captain
    Ruined the game
  • Jezzaaa
    422 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mmandras wrote: »
    They will nerf it 100% but don't get why is it so popular in the first place. It's very slow, clumsy move, not that easy to pull in all directions. Looks kind of pointless just like drag back or el tornado.

It would be great if EA could make better use of body feint.

Lol. If they were going to it would’ve been done long ago
  • freakjas
    7614 posts League Winner
    Feel like the drag back is more annoying. I know its not as op and all but far more annoying
  • SimenHP
    2101 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 2019
    I don't even know how to do it :confused:
  • lastfifa
    2088 posts Fans' Favourite
    Don't the guys who abuses mechanics ever get bored. Every game they try same over and over. Hate the most guys who let the ai defend and spams long balls to attacker. They are easy to beat but as boring as playing ai on beginner.
  • Sykesy
    4458 posts National Call-Up
    lastfifa wrote: »
    Don't the guys who abuses mechanics ever get bored. Every game they try same over and over. Hate the most guys who let the ai defend and spams long balls to attacker. They are easy to beat but as boring as playing ai on beginner.

I don’t speak for everyone. The way I use it is only late on in the game do you apply. If your level or a goal behind and applying pressure your opponent will be a bit tetchy. Can always read someone’s mood from how they tackle. You then throw a la croquet or whatever it is you then catch them off guard and opens up space or they give you a foul.

If you know an opponent is struggling against it. After playing 30 games over a weekend your going to use whatever method possible. We all want them packs, I would happily get rid of it from the game, I concede many times to it also.

Can’t beat them. Then join them.
  • Fatmanc
    1295 posts Professional
    Seeing as it is a real skill move I can understand why it is in fifa, but I do think the controls to initiate the move should be harder, just holding a stick one way is too easy and that is why it is spammed.

If it was harder to do you would only see it being used by the best and thus creating a skill gap, but when an old man like me can do it with ease, then you know it is too easy.
  • Swissy
    1916 posts Play-Off Hero
    Needs to be a cool down or something on skill moves especially this one, even when you play the computer they can’t defend this
  • Smiley_Utd
    1827 posts Play-Off Hero
    aladdin wrote: »
    i could not agree more mate. it’s infuriating and complete bollocks

• Dutch3723
    601 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Guy just scored (to be fair a quality little chipped finish) but after spamming down the line balls to Mbappe and Mane then doing 5 or 6 in a row along the byeline. Pathetic - doubt anything will be changed in 19 but it must be out of 20 please!!!
  • Retro_G
    31982 posts National Team Captain
    I just played some kid in the draft final who tried to spam La Croqueta against me, found it easy to deal with. Just hold jockey, pull back, move to the left/right, it's all about the spacing. Don't hold contain, or you will get burned. It must be why so many people find it difficult to defend, because the majority of y'all hold contain.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9984 posts Has That Special Something
    Retro_G wrote: »
    I just played some kid in the draft final who tried to spam La Croqueta against me, found it easy to deal with. Just hold jockey, pull back, move to the left/right, it's all about the spacing. Don't hold contain, or you will get burned. It must be why so many people find it difficult to defend, because the majority of y'all hold contain.

All I do is jockey and it's a nightmare to defend against, it's really not that easy against high end players that mastered the la croqueta abuse.
  • SimenHP
    2101 posts Fans' Favourite
    So after seeing this tread, I had to find out how to do it and I can say I know atleast 90% of the skill moves and have no problem doing any of them, but I just can't seem to figure this one out. I can do the move easy, but I feel like when doing it against my opponents they always react before I can execute the move and when doing it when sprinting I always seems to chip the ball instead :confused: