The Great Pack Weight Scam - Proof Inside

MHoney1234
7680 posts League Winner
edited May 25
I saw a few posts on twitter starting to gain traction and thought I’d share it. Now we all know the TOTS pack weight is nothing short of disgusting, but here’s the proof of how bad.

On PS4. There were 120,000 packs during lightning rounds at 7/8pm and other “offers” in store too.

It doesn’t take a genius to work out that the prices are absurd for these players, but the reason is they’re just not being packed. The drop rate is borderline illegal.

Reus - 75 games on PS4. Half a million packs + opened and Reus has played 75 games - WTF.

i812rom1w0h.jpeg

Lewi - 100 odd

nkufqt7tjv6bt.jpeg

Sancho - 100 odd

tpc2rrmhefnd5.jpeg

Havertz - 100 odd

k40cgjk.jpeg

Even someone who should be more obtainable and would have been 150k-200k tops last year has just 200 games played - Jovic

pyh7m1ajt5wo.jpeg

I know I’m a moaner, but I can’t get my head around the fact it’s almost June and EA are getting away with this! You have little to no chance of ever using these cards. I just don’t understand why?

Comments

• Mizzle
    564 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I agree with this, prices are absolutely absurd. Yeah they are high rated cards but most people would rather spend 2 mil or more on an icon than a random tots card
  • Markman007
    2646 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 25
    This really just puts it into focus. It’s a weekend and those cards have been in packs for almost a full day. Only 70 odd matches for Reus?! WTF
  • BaccaTheNet
    896 posts Professional
    The stats take a while to update and only count the cards that are listed on the market I think
  • Dmb75
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    Probably the only reason they included lower leagues. “Hey 20% chance of a TOTS.” Opened 400 packs the other day and got 4 alissons, 1 ederson, and 1 Maddison.
  • Bags
    715 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I love how this year they have added the percentage change to the store bought packs but it just says "TOTS" not "top league TOTS". We all know that if is says 10% change of a TOTS what is really means is 9.99% change of a POR1 TOTS and 0.01% chance of a GER1 TOTS.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Markman007 wrote: »
    This really just puts it into focus. It’s a weekend and those cards have been in packs for almost a full day. Only 70 odd matches for Reus?! WTF

I’ve never seen it this bad.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Bags wrote: »
    I love how this year they have added the percentage change to the store bought packs but it just says "TOTS" not "top league TOTS". We all know that if is says 10% change of a TOTS what is really means is 9.99% change of a POR1 TOTS and 0.01% chance of a GER1 TOTS.

You have a 14% of packing the GK with the 70k min bin and 10k discard and 1%> for the rest.
  • HullCity1904
    1873 posts Fans' Favourite
    its never been this bad...

last year it was left right centre

and there wasn't such a gulf between the good and bad blues...

and remember the years where people packed loads in one pack?

my mate packed TOTS reus and Lewandoski in one single pack fifa 15 i think, it was an amazing pull but nowadays it probably won't even happen.

• MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner

my mate packed TOTS reus and Lewandoski in one single pack fifa 15 i think, it was an amazing pull but nowadays it probably won't even happen.

If you believe @James Libby logic, TOTS is no longer the “end of season event” (despite it being the end of the season) :D and something else is coming after. Yeh mate it’s called futties and that ain’t crashing the market
  • Just_Unfair
    3936 posts National Call-Up
    Well I have no idea if the pic is real or not but a guy named swissy posted a pic with 3 PL players in 1 pack
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Well I have no idea if the pic is real or not but a guy named swissy posted a pic with 3 PL players in 1 pack

It was fake mate
  • mark1089
    475 posts Sunday League Hero
    Futties/festival of football was so much fun last year. The way things are going this year I'm expecting the opposite. The greed is at an all time high.
  • Jobiwan
    3069 posts National Call-Up
    I believe they're worried about this fp ban in belgium being implemented across the board so they'll bleed the customers for every penny while they still can. Thats why they're not even trying to hide how greedy they are...
  • James Libby
    5261 posts Big Money Move
    MHoney1234 wrote: »

If you believe @James Libby logic, TOTS is no longer the “end of season event” (despite it being the end of the season) :D and something else is coming after. Yeh mate it’s called futties and that ain’t crashing the market

Is it REALLY that hard to believe - with all that we've witnessed - that TOTS isn't being treated in the same way by EA as in previous years? That was really my only point.

Now, I do think we could see something BEYOND just Futties so as to continue to milk us of as much FP as possible. Perhaps more PIMS? Another promo we've never had before? Note I framed this as merely a hunch, and it was not stated as fact.

Is that really that crazy of a prediction?
  • lastfifa
    1598 posts Play-Off Hero
    73 packs since bundes release and only packed blue Rafa, Seferovic and Zorbas. over 500 packs since tots started and not single blue from major leagues.
  • Just_Unfair
    3936 posts National Call-Up

It was fake mate

How do people determine it was fake...i saw pic but did not study it...always wondering how people know if it's real or not
  • James Libby

And by the way, I didn't say "end of season" I said "end of play cycle" - you should use quotes when you are, uhm, actually quoting someone verbatim you filthy casual.
  • Dmb75
    393 posts Sunday League Hero

I don’t want anything special. Just give me last years tots. Packed 5 TOTS in 50 upgrade packs. I feel like that is reasonable. There has to be a FIFA point ban incoming.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5456 posts Big Money Move
    Bags wrote: »

Pretty much what it is. EA have done it all year with every promo and people believe that TOTS would be different.

Pack weight has been awful all year, very few special cards hit the market between the millions of players on each platform so the prices are crazy.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner

And by the way, I didn't say "end of season" I said "end of play cycle" - you should use quotes when you are, uhm, actually quoting someone verbatim you filthy casual.

Wario avatar :D :D :D :D :D
  • CharlieC
    6199 posts Big Money Move
    I doubt those Futbin stats are accurate but even if they’re estimated it’s atrocious.
  • BaccaTheNet
    896 posts Professional
    Still had the same stats now can’t be accurate
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    CharlieC wrote: »
    I doubt those Futbin stats are accurate but even if they’re estimated it’s atrocious.

They have access to the database, I’d say they’re pretty accurate
  • Matt_Cornwall
    2914 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think it's a good insight, it won't include anyone who bought and is currently using them. Only the ones put on the market or if a player uses that import function
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner

Is it REALLY that hard to believe - with all that we've witnessed - that TOTS isn't being treated in the same way by EA as in previous years? That was really my only point.

Now, I do think we could see something BEYOND just Futties so as to continue to milk us of as much FP as possible. Perhaps more PIMS? Another promo we've never had before? Note I framed this as merely a hunch, and it was not stated as fact.

I think you’ve had too much PIMs mate. I’d get back on the shandy if I were you.
  • James Libby

I think you’ve had too much PIMs mate. I’d get back on the shandy if I were you.

For some reason, I find your unique brand of obnoxiousness relatively funny. Carry on, mate.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner

For some reason, I find your unique brand of obnoxiousness relatively funny. Carry on, mate.

And I find your fan boy antics, equally hilarious.