Newcastle United - The Takeover

JoshDFC
2006 posts Fans' Favourite
edited May 28
3218DFDE00000578-3487396-Rafael_Benitez_poses_with_the_Newcastle_United_shirt_alongside_t-a-133_1457708236963.jpg

Rafael Benitez has put pen to paper on a new three year deal at Newcastle United. The popular Spaniard has held talks with potential new ownerSheikh Khaled and has said he is excited about the future of the club but admits it could be a long summer before the club start splashing the cash as they await final terms being agreed between Mike Ashley and Sheikh Khaled before league approval will be required but Rafa is excited about the potential of Newcastle United under their new ownership.

Benitez “I am so happy so be extending my deal with Newcastle United. I spoke with the new owner last week and he told me of his plans to make Newcastle one of the top teams not just in England but in Europe as well, obviously we have to wait for the takeover before we can start to really invest in the team but things are looking up for this sleeping giant. Newcastle are a team that should be achieving a lot more with the facilities we have and the support we receive week in week out and I am keen to help take the club to the next level.”

It is expected that the deal won’t be completed until Mid August but the Sheikh will be investing in the club as soon as the takeover is complete and Rafa says it is crucial they sign the right players

Benitez “It would be easy to go out and waste a load of the money on players we don’t need but we don’t want to do that. We are confident that the deal will go through but until then the aim is to try and find our targets and get the ball rolling so when the takeover is complete we can bring two or three players in. The owner wants a marquee signing so it is crucial we bring in the right top player to help push the club.”
Post edited by JoshDFC on

Comments

• JoshDFC
    I've decided to start a new career as I feel my inconsistency with my Fabio career has meant I'm not as motivated on it anymore. This could be a preview of next seasons plans but I'm just hoping to enjoy the career and see where it goes but I'm hoping to remain with Porto for the full career here :)
  • WestardLord
    1364 posts Professional
    sad to hear that, but in a way I'm glad since it seems like we were about to see at least 3 different Arsenal stories lol
  • DB1512
    291 posts Sunday League Hero
    Interesting choice with Porto, launched a lot of talent the last decade. Also like Pepe, despite he was a bit of a lunatic in the past.
  • Ashy
    8838 posts League Winner
    I remember when I did a story in the Portuguese league it was quite enjoyable before I moved on to the bigger leagues (I was with Sporting). Porto you will have the pressure of being demanded to win the title every season, they have quality but they are a selling club at the same time, you can sell well and buy well and progress, a good UCL run is something the fans want though, good luck.
  • JoshDFC
    sad to hear that, but in a way I'm glad since it seems like we were about to see at least 3 different Arsenal stories lol
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Interesting choice with Porto, launched a lot of talent the last decade. Also like Pepe, despite he was a bit of a lunatic in the past.
    Ashy wrote: »
    I remember when I did a story in the Portuguese league it was quite enjoyable before I moved on to the bigger leagues (I was with Sporting). Porto you will have the pressure of being demanded to win the title every season, they have quality but they are a selling club at the same time, you can sell well and buy well and progress, a good UCL run is something the fans want though, good luck.

Cheers guys my plan is to be realistic in that we are a selling club so the plan is that two or three key players will leave this summer so we will be targeting players to replace them.

I expect Marega, Brahimi and Danilo Pereira to leave but will be fighting hard to keep Alex Telles and will be targeting south American and Portuguese players to replace them
  • JoshDFC
    edited May 28
    N/A
    Post edited by JoshDFC on
  • ElMarcos
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good luck with FC Porto!
  • JoshDFC
    edited May 28
    Decided to change my career. With the talk of a Newcastle takeover I feel this career could be a lot more fun. Plan is to wait until mid August before the deal will be announced as completed and then to invest on two or three top players to improve the team including one Marquee signing
  • Ashy
    8838 posts League Winner
    It's a good idea to go with Newcastle so fair enough for changing it, lucky you didn't get stuck into the Porto one I guess. Who knows how Newcastle will spend I'm thinking they'll be spending on the level of a Chelsea not Man City, something like £90m summer budget
  • DB1512
    Newcastle doesn't have a great squad so interesting choice. With a couple quality signings you should be able to prevent regulation and maybe battle for Europa League football.
  • WestardLord
    1364 posts Professional
    edited May 29
    I hope you stick with Almirón in the squad. Will be an extremely important part of play-making for the club going forward.
    Post edited by WestardLord on
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Good idea to switch with Newcastle. A financial takeover could be fun for a club with the fanbase and history as Newcastle.
  • JoshDFC
    It's a good idea to go with Newcastle so fair enough for changing it, lucky you didn't get stuck into the Porto one I guess. Who knows how Newcastle will spend I'm thinking they'll be spending on the level of a Chelsea not Man City, something like £90m summer budget
    Newcastle doesn't have a great squad so interesting choice. With a couple quality signings you should be able to prevent regulation and maybe battle for Europa League football.
    I hope you stick with Almirón in the squad. Will be an extremely important part of play-making for the club going forward.
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Good idea to switch with Newcastle. A financial takeover could be fun for a club with the fanbase and history as Newcastle.

Cheers guys hopefully will be a fun career to follow as well :)
  • JoshDFC
    KkqQNFy.jpg

Rafael Benitez has been told he until Newcastle’s takeover is complete the only money he has to spend is money he manages to generate from selling players. The takeover is unlikely to be complete until mid August but Sheikh Khaled has warned Mike Ashley that he expects that the club will be allowed to spend any funds brought in from player sales but understands him not investing his own money into the team. Newcastle have already agreed to sell French centre back Florian Lejeune who has signed for Sevilla for £12,500,000 whils striker Joselu has signed for Celta Vigo for £5,700,000 with Ciaran Clark joining West Ham for £8,500,000. Rafa has expressed frustration at how long it has taken for his deals to be secured with two of his top targets moving on already with Otavio signing for Leicester City from Porto whilst young midfielder Ludovic Blas has signed for Brighton.
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Poor Rafa, new owner but still no money. I wonder how long he will stay with the club without backing.
  • JoshDFC
    lOR4Tun.jpg

Newcastle United have completed the signing of England striker Daniel Sturridge from Liverpool for £8,500,000. The striker has struggled for game time in recent seasons after suffering with injuries and played twenty seven games last season scoring just four although a majority of his games did come from the substitutes bench. Sturridge was a massive part of the team that lost the league after Steven Gerrards famous slip in his best season where he scored 24 goals in 33 games and he is hoping to show he still has a lot to offer at Newcastle.

Sturridge “I’m really happy to have secured a move to a club like Newcastle, they’re a team with some of the best fans in the world and I can’t wait to play in front of them in a Newcastle shirt. These last few years have been really hard on me both physically and mentally but this is a fresh start for me and I know what I am capable of it’s just about getting myself back in the best physical condition and then helping the team by scoring goals and creating chances for my team mates. I know there’s a new owner coming in and I’m excited by the plans he has after speaking to the gaffer.”

Benitez added “I am happy that Daniel agreed to join the club, he is a player who is a proven goalscorer but he has had issues with injuries which is unfortunate but I know he still has the ability to score goals on a regular basis. I think Danny will prove to be a bargain this season if we can get him fit and he can start scoring goals like we know he is capable of doing, hopefully the takeover will be completed in the next couple of weeks and we can start to invest in our team.”

Newcastle have also confirmed the sales of Javier Manquillo who has signed for Watford and Christian Atsu who has signed for Southampton in a £7,400,000 deal.
  • Ashy
    8838 posts League Winner
    Hopefully the takeover moves faster and sorts itself out before the window slams shut, right now you are doing smart business getting rid of some deadwood and investing smart, Sturridge when fit will be good for you
  • JoshDFC
    tbWEpK0.jpg

Sheikh Khaleds takeover of Newcastle United has officially been confirmed by the Premier League and Newcastle United. It is understood the deal is worth just over £350,000,000 and the Sheikh is readying a transfer kitty in the region of £60,000,000 for his first summer in charge of the club with Benitez targeting a left back, a centre back, a centre midfielder and a left winger. The Sheikh has said he is excited by the potential of Newcastle and has a four year plan for the team to be fighting for the Premier League title.

Sheikh Khaled “I believe this club has the potential to play Champions League football, the facilities here are incredible and don’t require any work on them it is purely about improving the team and we are ready to invest in the team straight away so the team can improve its quality. I have sat down with the manager who is a great manager and is somebody who knows a lot about this league and we are keen to move forward with him as our leader. I think the team is a sleeping giant and with the fantastic fans supporting us I am sure before to long we will be fighting for trophies but the fans must have patience because it won’t happen over night we want t make sure we comply with the fair play rules and we will be successful.”
  • DB1512
    Great to see the takeover being official, hopefully there is time enough to strengthen the squad. The squad really needs improvement and 60 million should be enough to make some quality signings.
  • Ashy
    8838 posts League Winner
    £60m is a decent amount but I would have thought it would be closer to £100m, you need 4 players and on average you are wanting to spend £15m on each position, let's see how you do that, unless you add player sales to the £60m then we are talking!
  • Stlducks
    1349 posts Professional
    Good luck. Takeovers are fun to do but require some good investment on transfers. Though, it is Newcastle so signing anyone will probably get fans excited.
  • JoshDFC
    Great to see the takeover being official, hopefully there is time enough to strengthen the squad. The squad really needs improvement and 60 million should be enough to make some quality signings.
    £60m is a decent amount but I would have thought it would be closer to £100m, you need 4 players and on average you are wanting to spend £15m on each position, let's see how you do that, unless you add player sales to the £60m then we are talking!
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Good luck. Takeovers are fun to do but require some good investment on transfers. Though, it is Newcastle so signing anyone will probably get fans excited.

Cheers looking forward to it. I think £60million is enough as there isn't long left in the window we will spend in January as well I'm sure
  • JoshDFC
    PHUMXFO.jpg

Newcastle United have confirmed their first two signings since their takeover with the double signing of winger Ryan Fraser and centre midfielder Lewis Cook from Bournemouth for £15,000,000 each. Scotland international Fraser has been a stand out performer for Bournemouth in recent times enjoying the best season of his career to date last season scoring even goals in thirty seven games whilst England midfielder Lewis Cook who has one cap for the national team played just fifteen times last season after suffering a torn cruciate ligament injury. Fraser has put pen to paper on a four year deal whilst England midfielder Cook has penned a five year deal on Tyneside.

We spoke with both players about the move

Q: Ryan after the takeover being the first signing does that add pressure to you to be a success?
    Fraser: No I don’t think so, when a team spends money on you there’s always going to be pressure on you its just about how you handle it. I am very happy to be a Newcastle player the takeover obviously shows the team have an ambition to grow and the fact the team have signed me shows that they believe in me and obviously Lewis as well and I’m excited to get started and helping this team reach the levels it should be at.

Q: Lewis after such a difficult campaign last season with your injury how happy are you with this fresh challenge you have with Newcastle?
    Cook: I’m delighted, I just really want to put that injury behind me and move in with my career and Newcastle have given me that opportunity with this new challenge. To be one of the first players signed after such a huge takeover is actually really pleasing and I can’t wait to get started as Ryan said Newcastle are a top team who should be much higher up the league with the fanbase and the facilities and hopefully we can push on I think the future is bright here.
  • WestardLord
    1364 posts Professional
    Two players with incredible promise, who could be the future stars of England. Great signings.

The Magpies could follow a trajectory similar to City if the cards are played right.
  • JoshDFC
    Two players with incredible promise, who could be the future stars of England. Great signings.

The Magpies could follow a trajectory similar to City if the cards are played right.

The plan is to reach their level but I feel it will be harder now then it was when City were building up
  • JoshDFC
    rYk6ne6.png

Tottenham HOME
    Newcastle (4-4-1-1): Dubravka, Yedlin, Schar, Lascelles, Dummett, Ritchie, Shelvey (Ki Sung Yueng, 78), Cook, Fraser (Kenedy, 78), Almiron, Sturridge (Perez, 84)
    Tottenham Hotspur (4-1-2-1-2): Gazzaniga, Almeida (Vertonghen, 78), Alderweireld, Sanchez, Alex Sandro (Rose, 84), Sissoko, Eriksen, Winks, Alli, Jansson (Llorente, 58), Kane

Q: Rafa an opening day defeat buy how devastating is it to concede so late?
    Benitez: I have one question, how long was added on for injuries? Two minutes and they score after five minutes so I say well done for scoring three minutes after the game should have ended. We deserved a win we played exceptional all game and to have it snatched he way it was hurts so much. The new players were so good today they were exceptional and Matt (Ritchie) on the right caused Alex Sandro problems all afternoon and he was deservedly voted man of the match.
  • Stlducks
    1349 posts Professional
    Bad luck giving up the goal in the final minute. The good news is you held a top4 team for 94 minutes. Hopefully the ending is not a sign of bad luck to come.
  • JoshDFC
    iOrBCwl.jpg

Newcastle United manager Rafael Benitez says he doesn’t expect to buy any more players this summer but admits the club could sign a midfielder on loan. Newcastle have confirmed the arrival of centre back Simon Kjaer and left back Junior Firpo from Sevilla and Real Betis respectively. Simon Kjaer joins the club in a deal worth £15,300,000 on a three year deal after Manchester City had beaten them to the signing of Roma centre back Kostas Manolas whilst Junior Firpo joins on a five year deal for £12,500,000. Junior played 21 games for Betis last season scoring three goals whilst Simon Kjaer played in played 32 games with out scoring a goal. Rafael Benitez had this to say on their arrivals

Benitez “I am pleased that Simon and Junior have both agreed to join our club, Simon is very experienced and has been linked with a move to a top English side for many years and we’re happy he has decided to join Newcastle. Junior is an attacking full back who is fantastic at defending but even better at forcing the winger back into their own half. We are happy with the business we have conducted this window and we probably won’t be buying anymore players, we are working on a loan signing but we will see with that deal but we don’t feel we have to spend any more money this window.”
  • Stlducks
    1349 posts Professional
    I'm sure Rafa is very excited about making a few signings. That's more then he is used to at Newcastle.

I don't really know the players but if they turn into starters then the fees paid are very good. A Premier League starter now a days is usually £20m for a big team.
  • JoshDFC
    Stlducks wrote: »
    I'm sure Rafa is very excited about making a few signings. That's more then he is used to at Newcastle.

I don't really know the players but if they turn into starters then the fees paid are very good. A Premier League starter now a days is usually £20m for a big team.

Simon I know a little bit about he is supposed to be a very good player. But Firpo I don't know much about to be honest