rivals is significantly harder than weekend league

aladdin
1733 posts Play-Off Hero
i feel like this is simple facts tbh. rivals is so flipping hard atm. every team is stacked and every single game is an absolute challenge. personally find weekend league games way more fun and balanced

Comments

• ELSALCFC
    493 posts An Exciting Prospect
    There doesn’t seem to be any balancing on the matchups in rivals.

I built a really cheap french team to try gomis on full chem and save my main team fitness for WL.

I got smashed 7-1 the first game and then 2-1 by vastly superior teams. I thought it would match me up with a team more like the one I had.
  • BeardGang
    1879 posts Fans' Favourite
    ELSALCFC wrote: »
    There doesn’t seem to be any balancing on the matchups in rivals.

I built a really cheap french team to try gomis on full chem and save my main team fitness for WL.

I got smashed 7-1 the first game and then 2-1 by vastly superior teams. I thought it would match me up with a team more like the one I had.

Doesn’t work like that unfortunately bro
  • ELSALCFC
    493 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Sorry 7-2 the first game😂 not that it matters, I still got ruined😂
  • iRusty_yo
    4011 posts National Call-Up
    I mentioned this in another thread.

Glad I’m not the only one noticing the increased difficulty.
  • ASHERLAUYY
    1005 posts Professional
    The format of weekend league makes it a lot more difficult imo
  • iRusty_yo
    4011 posts National Call-Up
    ASHERLAUYY wrote: »
    The format of weekend league makes it a lot more difficult imo

I’m actually looking forward to WL now, I like the each game matters approach.
  • Gnomenclature
    5918 posts Big Money Move
    I'm at the bottom of d5 atm... it's insane how good my competition is. So many prem red picks... when I lose its only 25 skill points which tells me they are well above me in ranking...

I'm gaining 8 - 11 skill points on draws too... matchmaking seems broken right now. Usually a win or lose is like 33 skill points.
  • oneskyworld
    1027 posts Professional
    I found wl much more difficult simply because of the time constraints.
  • LMCarlo
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I’m comfortable in division 1 on rivals but can’t get past gold 3 in WL so cant agree there!
  • JayyThunder
    5051 posts Big Money Move
    DR is the worst mode ever. Not only is every game a sweatfest, the game play is SEVERELY more inconsistent compared to WL. I almost NEVER play DR unless I absolutely have to
  • n2j2000
    2503 posts Fans' Favourite
    Also find rivals harder than WL and the gameplay always feels worse on it as well.
  • Satch85
    1167 posts Professional
    I can comfortable get gold 3 in WL but only in div 5 in rivals
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    LMCarlo wrote: »
    I’m comfortable in division 1 on rivals but can’t get past gold 3 in WL so cant agree there!

This is very hard to believe, not saying you're lying btw but it just seems very strange that someone would be in Div 1 yet can't get past 14 wins in WL.
  • Insan0
    571 posts An Exciting Prospect

This is very hard to believe, not saying you're lying btw but it just seems very strange that someone would be in Div 1 yet can't get past 14 wins in WL.
    I believe him .. same here 10 games out of my 30 games on WL i lose to bs like lagg,unresponsive, and dead players , cant do nothing about thats how it is everyweekend league for me ..div 1 too ., WL is way worse than rivals
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    Insan0 wrote: »

I believe him .. same here 10 games out of my 30 games on WL i lose to bs like lagg,unresponsive, and dead players , cant do nothing about thats how it is everyweekend league for me ..div 1 too ., WL is way worse than rivals

I find rivals just as bad as WL when it comes to unresponsive and delayed gameplay, players suddenly forgetting how to play football for a few games and all the bs that goes on. It's in the game.
  • Boysie91
    11368 posts Has That Special Something
    WL a lot easier than Div 1 imo
  • Mjo_010
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Insan0 wrote: »

I find rivals just as bad as WL when it comes to unresponsive and delayed gameplay, players suddenly forgetting how to play football for a few games and all the bs that goes on. It's in the game.

Do you leave matches if you know there is no chance in winning? I am also in div 1 and finish gold 1 most of the times. I do not get gold 1 if i leave matches and sometimes even struggle to get gold 2 if i leave to much. I think the matchmaking in WL does not count games you left based on my experience.
  • Mjo_010
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Lol i am asking the wrong person the reaction was for @Satch85 see my reaction on top of this comment
  • oneskyworld
    1027 posts Professional
  • JohnDoe
    11842 posts Has That Special Something
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    WL a lot easier than Div 1 imo

Straight fax, no printer.
  • Salvatori
    2041 posts Fans' Favourite
    Part of the reasons Rivals feels so hard, for non Div 1 plaers, is all the ****s who deliberately get relegated so they can play below their level.

Just had it now, I am Div 4, and thats probably fair for my level (although really, who knows, since about 1 in 5 of my games is an actual fair game where we both have working gameplay.......). I played a guy with a full turkish league squad, against my Icon / TOTS laden team. It was like playing a pro. He was untouchable. 4 v 0 at HT and 13 shots to 1 (and he was not spamming long shots).

Really, what do people get out of doing this ****
  • alvchong
    1590 posts Play-Off Hero
    i find WL difficult to play because winning mentality. Especially i get emotionally affected when dramatic twist and glitch happened. I play better at DR as i can test some new playing formation, styles, testing new players. Don't mind lossing the game and play casually.
  • JWNYsg
    2448 posts Fans' Favourite
    fully agree
  • truegunn3r
    10271 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 2019
    It’s the weekly objectives. More and more people are dropping down the divisions to complete the objectives with ease.
  • Mmandras
    3417 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2019
    While I do understand that every system is imperfect and can be exploited, EA can learn from this and make much more of a difference in rewards. 5k coins between div 4 and div 3, and some minor if any difference in packs. That's nothing, no incentive for people to stay in higher divisions as weekly objectives are hard and more valuable than difference in rewards. I can't imagine hell in division 1. Weekly objectives also need dynamic targets based on division.
  • aladdin
    1733 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 2019

that’s true to a point but honestly rivals is such a ball ache. i like that weekend league matters more (in terms of rewards) and it feels ever so slightly more consistent
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    14349 posts World Class
    I find WL a lot harder than Rivals....I'm in division 3 at the minute, mostly play division 4 tho, which I think is my level tbh, never got higher than gold 3 in WL (twice I got G3) most of the time I get silver 1. I always finish 1 won away from G3 it's ridiculous....

I just don't cope well in a sweaty environment that is the WL.... the BS that goes on for me, is a joke...if that was the only mode I'd have quit the game.... it's EA's fault....they've made every mode so competitive ....it brings out the worst in people and takes all of the enjoyment out of the game for me...
  • Koolfashion
    2777 posts Fans' Favourite
    I find WL a lot harder than Rivals....I'm in division 3 at the minute, mostly play division 4 tho, which I think is my level tbh, never got higher than gold 3 in WL (twice I got G3) most of the time I get silver 1. I always finish 1 won away from G3 it's ridiculous....

I just don't cope well in a sweaty environment that is the WL.... the BS that goes on for me, is a joke...if that was the only mode I'd have quit the game.... it's EA's fault....they've made every mode so competitive ....it brings out the worst in people and takes all of the enjoyment out of the game for me...

Blaming others... with that mentality you will always lose lol. Everyone face bs in WL, not only you. If you want non competetive fifa than play offline mode or something
  • BorussenBernie09
    1823 posts Play-Off Hero
    Never had the feeling, that WL is easier than DR. WL has always been the same for me: starting with 7-1 and lost 8-10 Games in a row to end up finishing at G3. These 8-10 Defeats are always close like 1-0 or 2-1. Very rarely Pens.
  • CharlieC
    7388 posts Big Money Move
    Its interesting to see the different opinions but for me, the gameplay is smoother in DR and therefore I enjoy the experience more. I say that in the loosest possible way because they are both really bad at times.