Hey again, so what's new?

1
selb
6120 posts Big Money Move
Hey everybody

Some of you may remember me, some may not, but I was a fairly active member of this community on last years edition and was fairly active at the beginning of this edition, that was until I'd had enough of the **** servers and sold the game back in November.

Thing is, I'm getting a real bad itch to play again, it wont be this edition, more likely next, but I just wanted to say hi again and find out how this year has gone for everyone? Have the servers improved at all?

Comments

  • WarrenBarton
    7071 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 23
    Nah I can’t remember you 😛

    Edit- hi 👋
  • WarrenBarton
    7071 posts Big Money Move
    oh and servers are up and down
  • selb
    6120 posts Big Money Move
    Hey Warren, how's FIFA life treating you?

    I watched a few streams yesterday and the servers actually looked pretty stable, although that is just one side that I saw, so I dunno.

    So, anything interesting happen this year?
  • WarrenBarton
    7071 posts Big Money Move
    selb wrote: »
    Hey Warren, how's FIFA life treating you?

    I watched a few streams yesterday and the servers actually looked pretty stable, although that is just one side that I saw, so I dunno.

    So, anything interesting happen this year?

    Weekend league extensions due to bad servers. Loads of gaffs on sbc’s, wrong flags on cards, wrong players images on cards, wrong teams in marquee match ups. The list goes on lol
  • selb
    6120 posts Big Money Move
    selb wrote: »
    Hey Warren, how's FIFA life treating you?

    I watched a few streams yesterday and the servers actually looked pretty stable, although that is just one side that I saw, so I dunno.

    So, anything interesting happen this year?

    Weekend league extensions due to bad servers. Loads of gaffs on sbc’s, wrong flags on cards, wrong players images on cards, wrong teams in marquee match ups. The list goes on lol

    Some things never change it seems, you still enjoying the game though?
  • selb
    6120 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 23
    Oh and this is for you @WarrenBarton

    27565ee3-ffc0-4a4d-af63-ce8731b65f26.jpg
  • WarrenBarton
    7071 posts Big Money Move
    selb wrote: »
    Oh and this is for you @WarrenBarton

    27565ee3-ffc0-4a4d-af63-ce8731b65f26.jpg

    <3
  • the_bad_seeds_fc
    575 posts An Exciting Prospect
    selb wrote: »
    Hey everybody

    Some of you may remember me, some may not, but I was a fairly active member of this community on last years edition and was fairly active at the beginning of this edition, that was until I'd had enough of the **** servers and sold the game back in November.

    Thing is, I'm getting a real bad itch to play again, it wont be this edition, more likely next, but I just wanted to say hi again and find out how this year has gone for everyone? Have the servers improved at all?

    We're in the Europa League final B)

    COYG
  • CharlieC
    6097 posts Big Money Move
    @selb What are you thinking by coming back you madman!
  • selb
    6120 posts Big Money Move
    CharlieC wrote: »
    @selb What are you thinking by coming back you madman!

    @CharlieC my wife said the same thing, the only way she'd let me get it again was to promise to buy her a 5ft tank to get a bearded dragon, needless to say, I agreed.

    I don't really know why I'm getting that itch to play though, it's been 7 months since I last played but it just randomly popped into my head the other day and I remembered all the good times I actually had playing it.
  • CharlieC
    6097 posts Big Money Move
    selb wrote: »
    CharlieC wrote: »
    @selb What are you thinking by coming back you madman!

    @CharlieC my wife said the same thing, the only way she'd let me get it again was to promise to buy her a 5ft tank to get a bearded dragon, needless to say, I agreed.

    I don't really know why I'm getting that itch to play though, it's been 7 months since I last played but it just randomly popped into my head the other day and I remembered all the good times I actually had playing it.

    It’s worse than ever mate. We hope for the best but....
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    13977 posts Has That Special Something
    Missed ya selb good to have u back
  • selb
    6120 posts Big Money Move
    CharlieC wrote: »
    selb wrote: »
    CharlieC wrote: »
    @selb What are you thinking by coming back you madman!

    @CharlieC my wife said the same thing, the only way she'd let me get it again was to promise to buy her a 5ft tank to get a bearded dragon, needless to say, I agreed.

    I don't really know why I'm getting that itch to play though, it's been 7 months since I last played but it just randomly popped into my head the other day and I remembered all the good times I actually had playing it.

    It’s worse than ever mate. We hope for the best but....

    Tbf mate, the same was said this time last year! What's making worse than ever then?
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    13977 posts Has That Special Something
    You need to get tots rice before time runs out
  • selb
    6120 posts Big Money Move
    Missed ya selb good to have u back

    Thanks @Claret_n_blue_blood, I actually missed being part of this forum, hows FIFA treating you? You got any Icons this year?
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    13977 posts Has That Special Something
    selb wrote: »
    Missed ya selb good to have u back

    Thanks @Claret_n_blue_blood, I actually missed being part of this forum, hows FIFA treating you? You got any Icons this year?

    I sort of gave up for a bit until tots rice was in the weekly objectives lol, only got PIM van Basten
  • selb
    6120 posts Big Money Move
    You need to get tots rice before time runs out

    I haven't got 19, probably wont either now, I'll get 20 when it comes out though :) Rice does look good though
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    13977 posts Has That Special Something
    selb wrote: »
    You need to get tots rice before time runs out

    I haven't got 19, probably wont either now, I'll get 20 when it comes out though :) Rice does look good though

    He's quality, just needed a tots Anderson tho lol
  • selb
    6120 posts Big Money Move
    selb wrote: »
    You need to get tots rice before time runs out

    I haven't got 19, probably wont either now, I'll get 20 when it comes out though :) Rice does look good though

    He's quality, just needed a tots Anderson tho lol

    Lol Anderson has been pretty good for you guys, he's being linked with Liverpool now though but I hope for you Hammers he stays.

    Why'd you stop playing then? Is this version really that bad?
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    13977 posts Has That Special Something
    selb wrote: »
    selb wrote: »
    You need to get tots rice before time runs out

    I haven't got 19, probably wont either now, I'll get 20 when it comes out though :) Rice does look good though

    He's quality, just needed a tots Anderson tho lol

    Lol Anderson has been pretty good for you guys, he's being linked with Liverpool now though but I hope for you Hammers he stays.

    Why'd you stop playing then? Is this version really that bad?

    Yeah riddled with so many problems, just look through some other threads and to top it off ea couldn't give a flying **** about their loyal customers
  • Killer_Snake2017
    1608 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hiya,
    Anyway I'd recommend playing seasons if you're playing next year.
    They've killed the fun in ultimate team to the extent of once you get a TOTY or a Prime icon it doesn't matter because EA will make cards that exceed those. Eg.
    Van Dijk ToTy 95 Van Dijk POTY 96.
    Prime icon George Best 93,
    Two weeks later EA announces Prime icon moments featuring (you guessed it)
    94 Best so anyone who did the 93 is screwed.
    So besides killing league sbcs (Lanzinj as opposed to KDB) killing Tots upgrades and removing everything good about the game it has been nearly as good as PES.
  • selb
    6120 posts Big Money Move
    Hiya,
    Anyway I'd recommend playing seasons if you're playing next year.
    They've killed the fun in ultimate team to the extent of once you get a TOTY or a Prime icon it doesn't matter because EA will make cards that exceed those. Eg.
    Van Dijk ToTy 95 Van Dijk POTY 96.
    Prime icon George Best 93,
    Two weeks later EA announces Prime icon moments featuring (you guessed it)
    94 Best so anyone who did the 93 is screwed.
    So besides killing league sbcs (Lanzinj as opposed to KDB) killing Tots upgrades and removing everything good about the game it has been nearly as good as PES.

    Fair enough, cheers for the info @Killer_Snake2017, I've keeping a fairly loose eye on the new cards and events that have been going throughout the year and I agree with what you've said, it looks like the majority have been a shambles, especially that Icon issue, seems totally ludicrous to pull that stunt! Although how much better can a 1 point increase overall be? In my experience not much. Is there any major differences between Prime and Moments Icons?
  • Renamed123456
    3881 posts National Call-Up
    Servers get worse and worse and worse.

    Content gets more of a troll and a joke.
  • bberger
    5141 posts Big Money Move
    selb wrote: »
    Hey everybody

    Some of you may remember me, some may not, but I was a fairly active member of this community on last years edition and was fairly active at the beginning of this edition, that was until I'd had enough of the **** servers and sold the game back in November.

    Thing is, I'm getting a real bad itch to play again, it wont be this edition, more likely next, but I just wanted to say hi again and find out how this year has gone for everyone? Have the servers improved at all?

    Hi, stay away. Shambolic treatment of the community, servers lag beyond imagination and constant **** promos..
  • WarrenBarton
    7071 posts Big Money Move
    And yeah, I’m kinda enjoying the game. Atleast more than looking at the wall or
    selb wrote: »
    Hiya,
    Anyway I'd recommend playing seasons if you're playing next year.
    They've killed the fun in ultimate team to the extent of once you get a TOTY or a Prime icon it doesn't matter because EA will make cards that exceed those. Eg.
    Van Dijk ToTy 95 Van Dijk POTY 96.
    Prime icon George Best 93,
    Two weeks later EA announces Prime icon moments featuring (you guessed it)
    94 Best so anyone who did the 93 is screwed.
    So besides killing league sbcs (Lanzinj as opposed to KDB) killing Tots upgrades and removing everything good about the game it has been nearly as good as PES.

    Fair enough, cheers for the info @Killer_Snake2017, I've keeping a fairly loose eye on the new cards and events that have been going throughout the year and I agree with what you've said, it looks like the majority have been a shambles, especially that Icon issue, seems totally ludicrous to pull that stunt! Although how much better can a 1 point increase overall be? In my experience not much. Is there any major differences between Prime and Moments Icons?

    Moments Cruyff got a 12 point boost to balance for his +1 overall.

    Some of the pim boosts are pointless though
  • selb
    6120 posts Big Money Move
    bberger wrote: »
    selb wrote: »
    Hey everybody

    Some of you may remember me, some may not, but I was a fairly active member of this community on last years edition and was fairly active at the beginning of this edition, that was until I'd had enough of the **** servers and sold the game back in November.

    Thing is, I'm getting a real bad itch to play again, it wont be this edition, more likely next, but I just wanted to say hi again and find out how this year has gone for everyone? Have the servers improved at all?

    Hi, stay away. Shambolic treatment of the community, servers lag beyond imagination and constant **** promos..

    Hey @bberger, I'm guessing it's not been a good year from your pov? What's the difference in treatment compared to last year then? As far as I'm aware it's always pretty bad!

    And I am staying away from 19, will more than likely get 20 though.

    I also saw some pitch notes on Twitter that said something about upgrading or changing the servers or something, anyone know what that's about?
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Play clubs. It's fun!
  • bberger
    5141 posts Big Money Move
    selb wrote: »
    bberger wrote: »
    selb wrote: »
    Hey everybody

    Some of you may remember me, some may not, but I was a fairly active member of this community on last years edition and was fairly active at the beginning of this edition, that was until I'd had enough of the **** servers and sold the game back in November.

    Thing is, I'm getting a real bad itch to play again, it wont be this edition, more likely next, but I just wanted to say hi again and find out how this year has gone for everyone? Have the servers improved at all?

    Hi, stay away. Shambolic treatment of the community, servers lag beyond imagination and constant **** promos..

    Hey @bberger, I'm guessing it's not been a good year from your pov? What's the difference in treatment compared to last year then? As far as I'm aware it's always pretty bad!

    And I am staying away from 19, will more than likely get 20 though.

    I also saw some pitch notes on Twitter that said something about upgrading or changing the servers or something, anyone know what that's about?

    Year started promising with pitch notes, attribute explainations, etc. but went downhill fast.

    Overpriced SBCs, totally in disconnect with the community. Artificially trying to keep 83-86 rated players and IFs high while they're unusable at this stage of the game..

    That server blah blah is just marketing BS.. nothing changed. In fact, it's gotten worse..
  • selb
    6120 posts Big Money Move
    bberger wrote: »
    selb wrote: »
    bberger wrote: »
    selb wrote: »
    Hey everybody

    Some of you may remember me, some may not, but I was a fairly active member of this community on last years edition and was fairly active at the beginning of this edition, that was until I'd had enough of the **** servers and sold the game back in November.

    Thing is, I'm getting a real bad itch to play again, it wont be this edition, more likely next, but I just wanted to say hi again and find out how this year has gone for everyone? Have the servers improved at all?

    Hi, stay away. Shambolic treatment of the community, servers lag beyond imagination and constant **** promos..

    Hey @bberger, I'm guessing it's not been a good year from your pov? What's the difference in treatment compared to last year then? As far as I'm aware it's always pretty bad!

    And I am staying away from 19, will more than likely get 20 though.

    I also saw some pitch notes on Twitter that said something about upgrading or changing the servers or something, anyone know what that's about?

    Year started promising with pitch notes, attribute explainations, etc. but went downhill fast.

    Overpriced SBCs, totally in disconnect with the community. Artificially trying to keep 83-86 rated players and IFs high while they're unusable at this stage of the game..

    That server blah blah is just marketing BS.. nothing changed. In fact, it's gotten worse..

    Ah fair enough, doesn't sound like much has changed since November then!

    I'm still hopeful (as I'm sure we all are!) that FIFA 20 will be better.
  • bberger
    5141 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 23
    selb wrote: »
    bberger wrote: »
    selb wrote: »
    bberger wrote: »
    selb wrote: »
    Hey everybody

    Some of you may remember me, some may not, but I was a fairly active member of this community on last years edition and was fairly active at the beginning of this edition, that was until I'd had enough of the **** servers and sold the game back in November.

    Thing is, I'm getting a real bad itch to play again, it wont be this edition, more likely next, but I just wanted to say hi again and find out how this year has gone for everyone? Have the servers improved at all?

    Hi, stay away. Shambolic treatment of the community, servers lag beyond imagination and constant **** promos..

    Hey @bberger, I'm guessing it's not been a good year from your pov? What's the difference in treatment compared to last year then? As far as I'm aware it's always pretty bad!

    And I am staying away from 19, will more than likely get 20 though.

    I also saw some pitch notes on Twitter that said something about upgrading or changing the servers or something, anyone know what that's about?

    Year started promising with pitch notes, attribute explainations, etc. but went downhill fast.

    Overpriced SBCs, totally in disconnect with the community. Artificially trying to keep 83-86 rated players and IFs high while they're unusable at this stage of the game..

    That server blah blah is just marketing BS.. nothing changed. In fact, it's gotten worse..

    Ah fair enough, doesn't sound like much has changed since November then!

    I'm still hopeful (as I'm sure we all are!) that FIFA 20 will be better.

    The only reason you think like this is because you've missed out on the "experience" this year.

    EA gave us loyal customers/their community the finger. They're overrun by greed and they made it clear they won't change as long as the community puts up with it.

    I sincerely urge you to reconsider giving them your money for 2020.. it will be the same BS and customer milking/shafting as FUT19.. and that's coming from a die hard FIFA fan since their first title in 94/95.. haven't missed a single one, but enough is enough.

    I was hopeful and giving them the benefit of the doubt after they installed the EA_Gang and started what looked like communication and transparency. 2 years later I can assure you it's only a facade.
Sign In or Register to comment.