Pitch Notes - Gameplay Beyond FIFA 19

Comments

• Empyrium7
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    I didn't see anything about the attacking runs and opening up spaces in the attack.

Fix the stupid one dimensional forward runs the players make and make them avoid the defenders while running forward instead of hitting every defender on their way.
  • vante
    3 posts Ball Boy
    If you want to add manual defending then you should add rotating the defender.....in real football you do not face your opponent directly ....you try with the way you stand to push him to the touch line......whatever

I am disappointed by the online game. There are games that whatever you do ....you just cant score...1vs1...fake shots...make shots....and then the opponent scores from 30 yards....This momentum is just disappointing. And you mention nothing in these pitch notes which is devastating..........As a player in Fifa 18 I made over 1000 games in online mode....and still could not afford a great ICON....only baby one. Opened so many packs and only one De Bruyne around April which was not even close to 100k selling price......This year I played 500 games....+Count the time I spent on the market to enjoy a lineup which costs around 2m coins.......I will enjoy next year not buying it. Thank you for convincing me not to waste my time anymore. It took you about 10 years. Congrats!
  • ralleius
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Sorry for my english.

Career mode!

Remove max potential and make players growth on their performance on the pitch. A 29+ year old can bang in 50 goals a season and still get downgraded massively. I can buy a 90 potential wonderkid and put him on the bench for the rest of his career and he will still reach 90 overall, that's so unrealistic.

Needs a lot more face scans for major leagues ( bundesliga, serie a, ligue 1) and some of the big european clubs like ajax ect.

Full brodcast graphics for serie a.

Needs a lot more real life stadiums in bundesliga, serie a, ligue 1 and other major european clubs.

The ability to change the stadium for generic clubs stadiums or buy/upgrade new stadium. If I take the challenge to start in lets say league 2 in england and I gonna play in champions league at a point, it's frustrating to play home games in town park. Also goes the other way, I can change the generic stadium to a bigger before starting the career, but playing league two in a full 50.000+ is unrealistic.

Remove moving the goalkeeper and timed shot.

It's not okay that you have to spend money to compete e sport level. The skill gap is for most part money spend and for me that's not real e sport. How many fut players can buy with coins the best starting 11? I think it's less than 10 in the world.

• Karamell
    3 posts Ball Boy
    After I saw the LIVE about fifa, now in 8 june, all sounds soo good. Thanks for the news ( new mechanics, new penaltyes and freekicks, new system for ball and more 1 v 1, and more). All sound good, keep doing ur work and the fifa 20 will sexy. 🤩🤩
  • Verdi42
    221 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’d like to mention that I’d love an option to play skill games on full manual. I prefer to play the game that way, and the skill games would be brilliant for practicing, but in FIFA19 most of them are always on assisted controls.
  • Pablofsi08
    407 posts Sunday League Hero
    We don't really want a new physics system for the ball to stop it from always going towards the rival attacker, we just want you to stop it from going to another player at a convenient speed so often, in other words, stop catering to casuals with it and make it real.
  • Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    We don't really want a new physics system for the ball to stop it from always going towards the rival attacker, we just want you to stop it from going to another player at a convenient speed so often, in other words, stop catering to casuals with it and make it real.

Just like all of your posts, this one didn't need to be posted. Do you really think EA would implement a system where the ball ALWAYS wouldn't go to the rival team? They said physics based and natural, that's basically what you're asking for. Anything else is in your head and only gonna make EA second guess themselves and ruin it. Starting to think you're just a Konami/Pes shill now. There's even leaked gameplay that proves what you're worried about doesn't exist if you bothered to do 5 seconds of research instead of talking rubbish
  • Pablofsi08
    edited June 9
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »

Just like all of your posts, this one didn't need to be posted. Do you really think EA would implement a system where the ball ALWAYS wouldn't go to the rival team? They said physics based and natural, that's basically what you're asking for. Anything else is in your head and only gonna make EA second guess themselves and ruin it. Starting to think you're just a Konami/Pes shill now. There's even leaked gameplay that proves what you're worried about doesn't exist if you bothered to do 5 seconds of research instead of talking rubbish

"We don't really want a new physics system for the ball to stop it from always going towards the rival attacker, we just want you to stop it from going to another player at a convenient speed so often"

Your posts are the ones that are not needed.
    Post edited by Pablofsi08 on
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »

"We don't really want a new physics system for the ball to stop it from always going towards the rival attacker, we just want you to stop it from going to another player at a convenient speed so often"

Your posts are the ones that are not needed.

Jesus Christ you literally said "We don't really want a new physics system for the ball to stop it from always going towards the rival attacker"- and I asked you whether you thought that really needed saying, do you actually think you had to say that? In your head you think what EA were going to do was design a system where the ball would always be stopped from going to the rival attacker?

Yes I know you've asked for the right thing, that's my whole point why are you bolding that as if I've missed it lmao...?

To give an easy to follow example of what you're doing

1) Let's say in Fifa there's an issue with overhead kicks always going in 100% of the time

2) EA release a patch notes for the new FIFA saying "we're going to make sure overhead kicks don't go in that often"

3) In comes Pablofsli08 "Omg EA don't make it so no overhead kicks go in ever!!!11one, that's not realistic either!!! Please just make it realistic and contextual"

4) Everyone else- That's basically what EA are saying, you didn't really need to post that at all? Where did you get the idea they'd shift from one extreme to the other?

It's all in your head mate. All you're gonna end up doing is make EA second guess themselves and implement things badly, which is ironically what you're trying to avoid
  • Pablofsi08
    "They said physics based and natural, that's basically what you're asking for."

Dude what a poor, uninformed judgment you have. Get in context. They said at the beginning of Fifa 19 that the physics system was a pretty natural and convincing one that they were satisfied with. Of course their intention was not for the ball to always go towards another player.

Is that how it works?

No, most of the time it bounces right into a player, and even into a player's head off the post (ridiculous really). So what they claim it will be like is not what we are getting.

So you supporting them still sustaining that the bouncing physics will be natural, when what we get is completely driven to please casuals is just, sad and funny.

I repeat, MAKE IT, AND ENSURE that the ball way less often than now, goes right towards a player, please, EA.
    "They said physics based and natural, that's basically what you're asking for."

Dude what a poor, uninformed judgment you have. Get in context. They said at the beginning of Fifa 19 that the physics system was a pretty natural and convincing one that they were satisfied with. Of course their intention was not for the ball to always go towards another player.

Is that how it works?

No, most of the time it bounces right into a player, and even into a player's head off the post (ridiculous really). So what they claim it will be like is not what we are getting.

So you supporting them still sustaining that the bouncing physics will be natural, when what we get is completely driven to please casuals is just, sad and funny.

I repeat, MAKE IT, AND ENSURE that the ball way less often than now, goes right towards a player, please, EA.

That's what I'm saying though, they struggle to get it right at the best of times always trying to take everyone's opinions on board instead of just having a solid vision. Your kind of feedback would just serve to confuse them. I know they're not going to introduce any of these features perfectly, maybe you're just expecting too much from them whereas I'll just be happy if there's a genuine improvement from FIFA 19

• MartinKusev
    47 posts Park Captain
    edited June 10
    vante wrote: »
    If you want to add manual defending then you should add rotating the defender.....in real football you do not face your opponent directly ....you try with the way you stand to push him to the touch line......whatever

I am disappointed by the online game. There are games that whatever you do ....you just cant score...1vs1...fake shots...make shots....and then the opponent scores from 30 yards....This momentum is just disappointing. And you mention nothing in these pitch notes which is devastating..........As a player in Fifa 18 I made over 1000 games in online mode....and still could not afford a great ICON....only baby one. Opened so many packs and only one De Bruyne around April which was not even close to 100k selling price......This year I played 500 games....+Count the time I spent on the market to enjoy a lineup which costs around 2m coins.......I will enjoy next year not buying it. Thank you for convincing me not to waste my time anymore. It took you about 10 years. Congrats!

Totally agree, bro! I have 5 mil team because i trade and some games they've missed everything... I've achieved same results with my 500k untradeable. EA can promise everything but if they don't remove or adjust their dynamic difficulty adjustment the game will remain same trash. If you don't have consistently good gameplay, there is no point to add new features...
  • Pablofsi08
    edited June 10
    Any kind of dynamic difficulty adjustment there may be, if there is, is just clear proof of how savage capitalism is. It derives on these malformations in games where in a competitive game, a machine is messing with who wins and who loses, more than skill. That's pathetic to say the least. If there is any percentage it has to be completely wiped out from the game in online human vs human play, if you want Fifa to have a competitive scene.
  • The game is a joke and it will be update after bloody update until the pathetic momentum change is taken off and people stop getting so much help and lose because there rubbish , instead of getting draws when only manage 6 shots the whole game and the better player has 20 , shooting is a joke with its bull timed finishing , you time shots and keeper makes save after save yet your useless opponent cant use timed finishing and gets goals from shots that should only be scored with timed finishing like 25 -30 yarders , EA greed trying to fix matches and i thought the fixing was gone with sepp blatter was i wrong , disgusting company , oh and with over 2000 games played a 90 rated side , div 1 rank 1 , gold 2 at the least in weekend league every week i know what im talking about. DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND DONT BUY FIFA 20 nothing is going to change and will only get worse with the introduction of the pathetic street mode and will be implimented into the 11 a side with the skills so i would save your money
  • bberger
    5165 posts Big Money Move
    Any news yet on how they are going to fix the server problems and stuckinthemud sloooow gameplay?
  • Duncan1972
    304 posts Sunday League Hero
    Oh **** off EA.

You haven’t even fixed the servers this year and you come at us with announcements like this as if we should be pleased to PAY for the patch we should have received this year.

AND at a time when gameplay is trash because of your **** servers?

You truly have taken the **** out of your customers this year.
  • Massikiller
    78 posts Park Captain
    First word for you guys that are trying to make it more transparent to us players your intentions and are also listening to our opinions and suggestions.

Now, I read your pitch notes and I was much pleased with it, great improvements I foresee. But there are two things I want to point out.

The 180 degrees passes/crosses/shots/etc for some time that you say it's accuracy is deceased, I remember reading about it in some fifa 18 update and again in some fifa 19 update. Why is this constantly being mentioned, but nothing is really done? I hope this time is for real :wink:

One major that concerns me is player stamina. I'm a pro clubs player, and it's ridiculous the amount of stamina players have. I see every match every player can run all match, going forward, backwards, can be defending and attacking on every play, for the entire match. One big important thing on 11 player football is the stamina management throughout a match, something that doesn't exist in fifa and is of extreme importance as it is a complete game changer.

I hope you guys can deliver a great gameplay experience on fifa 20 :smiley:

PS: bring back gameface to pro clubs :blush:
  • glynnerm
    47 posts Park Captain
    SLOWION wrote: »
    One thing that needs to be addressed is AI movement on the offensive side of the ball. Player movement into open space to receive a pass is very poor.

Pressing LB to tell a striker to Get in Behind will often result in the player running straight into single or double coverage rather than making the run into space.

When a run is not triggered, players often stand still behind (or next to) a defender instead of making an effort to move into open space.

There are also times when players such as a CAM will hit an "invisible wall" and refuse to move into open space, no matter how clear the path to goal.

There are also issues with players making "fake runs" where they will full on sprint and then suddenly stop without warning...assuming this is somehow related to the issue above.

These are just some examples but I hope you will look into further tuning of the offensive AI and having them make more realistic, football-like movements off the ball.

agreed, movement off the ball running is poor, there are no diagonal runs by strikers, or running across the defensive line. pressing L1 on PS just involves a straight line run! hopefully spacial awareness will address this.
  • George_Cook_Over60
    284 posts Sunday League Hero
    My hopes for FIFA 20 are simple. Sort out the ridiculous passing element we have to endure. If i point my left stick to wards my winger, then that is where I want to pass the ball. NOT square to my full back. Passing is poor, especially in the final 3rd when attacking, the final what should be defence splitting pass always seems to go astray.
    I know there are lots of gripes and wants for the next instalment, but please fix the basics first.

Oh, and please do something with that annoying drop down info pane that appears beneath the score and timer.
    Either change it to a tickertape type of thing, or at least let us choose to have it on or not.I know there is an option now but it turns off the timer as well. Keep the clock, switch off the info.
  • Dmoose79
    5 posts Ball Boy
    My main hope and(
  • Dmoose79
    5 posts Ball Boy
    Meant to say, my main hope is that they sort out my defenders running out of the way to mark nobody when the opposition attacks, and then stand with there hands on their hips once they have scored. Drive me mad to see the defence dissolve when the AI decides its time to score. And as above my team passing sideways and backwards when you trying to get back in the game, despite me pointing the stick forwards.
  • TeamExtreme17
    2419 posts Fans' Favourite
    glynnerm wrote: »
    One thing that needs to be addressed is AI movement on the offensive side of the ball. Player movement into open space to receive a pass is very poor.

Pressing LB to tell a striker to Get in Behind will often result in the player running straight into single or double coverage rather than making the run into space.

When a run is not triggered, players often stand still behind (or next to) a defender instead of making an effort to move into open space.

There are also times when players such as a CAM will hit an "invisible wall" and refuse to move into open space, no matter how clear the path to goal.

There are also issues with players making "fake runs" where they will full on sprint and then suddenly stop without warning...assuming this is somehow related to the issue above.

These are just some examples but I hope you will look into further tuning of the offensive AI and having them make more realistic, football-like movements off the ball.

agreed, movement off the ball running is poor, there are no diagonal runs by strikers, or running across the defensive line. pressing L1 on PS just involves a straight line run! hopefully spacial awareness will address this.

Reme
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    I didn't see anything about the attacking runs and opening up spaces in the attack.

Fix the stupid one dimensional forward runs the players make and make them avoid the defenders while running forward instead of hitting every defender on their way.

Do you mean Fifa 17's big new feature Active Intelligence?

Active Intelligence System

Always making space and chances for himself and teammates, Marco Reus shows what FIFA 17's Active Intelligence System means on the pitch. This brand new gameplay mechanic introduces constant spatial analysis, increases activity off the ball, and changes the way players move, read, and react.

Constant Spatial Analysis

Now every player analyzes the proximity of their opponents and the space around them to better identify opportunities in attack. When you are on the ball your teammates understand if you can make a pass and adjust their movement to show for you or make a new run.

New Run Types

Smarter players and increased activity off the ball give you new and creative ways to open up the opposition. Orchestrated runs with multiple players, fake runs, stunt runs, and calling a player to show support are just a few ways you take control in the build up.
  • In the career mode as a player, I would like you to change the director's assessment of positioning to something appropriate.
    I think the position changes dynamically while playing.
    It's frustrating because there are too many indications for positioning.
    It seems to be based on the placement of the player at kickoff.
    Sorry, my bad English.
  • It's such a shame they just stopped caring about us and FIFA 19. They lied to us the whole year fixing the game. Look where are we now in FIFA 19! and they expect us to buy FIFA points. This company just doesn't deserve any money from us... It's such a shame.

I don't even trust FIFA 20's pitch notes. It's just another lie to make a FIFA 20 sale. They just don't know how to make a good game. Fifa 20 Stil has Timed finishing, Manual gk, futchamps, and division rivals.

And when they make a good game like Pre-patch FIFA 18. They make the game so bad Installing So much AI.

The real reasons are not servers. Installing so much AI and dynamic difficulty is not comprehending with internet connections with the players.
  • tanokin3
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Please. I want you to be able to manually control the positioning of the air battle!
    It can not be done after becoming a frost bite engine.

It was a request from distant Japan.
  • No metter what they add in game next, new divisions,new game card new weekend leag its all no metter if i cant play in this in same connection conditions like evereone else in europe who live near game servers! i m frome siberia , my ping its 2 bar connection! how i can comper agains players with 4-5 bar connection? ok mb there is some enather way to play this game online? maybe single online match will help me to get fun of this? No! becaus there are no peopl their playing frome my region! Last year iv played fut with plaser no matter what game bugs was their, becous i could play with same GOOD P2P connection with my region players in divisions atleast. this year i can normaly play with robot, why EA compani dont warned me and people like me befor bying this WHAT THIS GAME ONLY FOR PERSONS WHO LIVE NOT FAR FROME GAME SERVERS (200km, or mls)!!!?
  • Massikiller
    78 posts Park Captain
    glynnerm wrote: »

Reme
    Empyrium7 wrote: »

Do you mean Fifa 17's big new feature Active Intelligence?

Active Intelligence System

Always making space and chances for himself and teammates, Marco Reus shows what FIFA 17's Active Intelligence System means on the pitch. This brand new gameplay mechanic introduces constant spatial analysis, increases activity off the ball, and changes the way players move, read, and react.

Constant Spatial Analysis

Now every player analyzes the proximity of their opponents and the space around them to better identify opportunities in attack. When you are on the ball your teammates understand if you can make a pass and adjust their movement to show for you or make a new run.

New Run Types

Smarter players and increased activity off the ball give you new and creative ways to open up the opposition. Orchestrated runs with multiple players, fake runs, stunt runs, and calling a player to show support are just a few ways you take control in the build up.

They really have to change their communication style, because as you say, they tell us the same things over and over. On E3 this year they said they have a new physics ball:

"Ball Physics
    The new Ball Physics System elevates gameplay in FIFA 20 to a new level of realism, offering new shot trajectories, more realistic tackle interactions, and physics-driven behaviour.
    Football Informed Motion: an overhauled motion system introduces more authentic ball spins and bounces that play out with more realism than ever before, creating a more true-to-life football experience.
    New Shot Trajectories: with the new ball motion system a variety of realistic shot trajectories are unlocked, from technically dipping shots to knuckleballs, to swerved set-pieces and first-time rising shots."

We already read this in previous fifa installments, so yes, it's hard to believe that things will change this year. we can only hope...
  • Frolix4
    2 posts Ball Boy
    Let's see,
    I'm not a pro, but I can compete at Wolrd Class level.
    When you play FUT single mode against, let's say, a professional team, and you get kicked like there's no tomorrow, you get injured players every other match, but no foul (and many many times the player who did that foul scores or assists a goal) and when you get past all these kicks you hit the post like 5 times from inside the box or the small box or the keeper makes a superhumane save, and this happens like 50% or 30% of the games you know, without doubt, that the people who made this game are really not nice guys and you keep playing, feeling what you do is kinda pointless, and only because there's no competitive alternative..
    And really, why fouls aren't fouls and how does EA feels rewarding the most dirty playing? It's kind of ethical question
  • Ballerson
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    On the one hand I want to commend EA for posting here and trying to communicate to its constituency. I don’t expect perfection from this game and I appreciate the efforts EA occasionally makes re input.

Perhaps I have missed it, but I have not seen any intelligent nor sensible explanation for why some of the worst features of FIFA 19 were in the game to begin with or allowed to perpetuate. This paucity of response as well as the built-in flaws of the gaming experience – server issues ---etc—can lead to conspiracy theories (see other forums or the reaction by EA folks on this forum to people “getting out of control”) or with me, my overall frustration with EAs version of soccer/football.

1) Restart goals are still a problem, despite EA’s attempt to neg or reduce them. Why was this restart mechanic ever included in the game to begin with? Most of us think EA included it to make a more competitive experience and keep players on the edge of their seat—drama until the last play of the game. Instead, for me, its made playing this game significantly less enjoyable, definitely more frustrated, and more prone to breaking a controller. I don’t like being manipulated…it feels like that is happening.

2) Why is it so many teams get last second or overtime goals to come back and tie a game? Why does the losing team--more often than not--win many more 50 50 balls, the winning team suddenly cannot pass, slide tackles—obvious fouls are not called… All of us have been on both sides of this, winning over an inferior opponent and then the game completely changes, or losing against a better opponent & suddenly we are back in the game when we shouldn’t be…… Since EA has not explained this obvious & observable mechanic, we are left to conclude either Russian conspiracy (that’s an attempt at humor) or EA built this into the game – which means we are again being manipulated.

3) Why is the gameplay so utterly inconsistent? One game the team moves well and is quick, intercepting passing, making runs, other games the team is in concrete? Is this due to the complications of their mechanics and different people around the world having different connectivity, ea servers not being up to task?

4) I heard EA head of development for FIFA say “they listened to the community and will address how fast center backs have been” in FIFA 20. This has been a constant complaint of mine from day 1, that center backs run down forwards who have 2 meters on them…..why did EA build this into the game in the first place and why did they wait to change it?

The ball and tackles – we’ve all experienced it – on defense one make a series of tackles and the ball will repeatedly go back to the offense…..or one makes a clean slide, both players go down only for the offensive player to get up faster and retake the ball and dribble away. The head of development said they were going to address ball dynamics and tackles….but could they not have changed this months ago?

5) Connectivity. I played FUT yesterday (Sunday) and today and got cut off 5 times at halftime….few times my opponent got wins and my division scores decreased when there was 70 mins or a half to go. Question, why does this only happen with EA servers on FIFA? No other gaming experience on xbox disconnects me in the middle of games. None. I am not a techy and I am sure creating an online gaming experience is very challenging, but this connectivity and gameplay has been an issue from day one. What more can be done to change this and why is it peculiar to EA FIFA?

6) Intuition and gameplay
    In the box defending, kicking, passing, bodying……are heinous. You never know what’s going to happen, an attempted volley kick that would be routine in the box turns into a lame lunge and slide tackle or it can become a bonehead foul. Point is that the actions are not at all intuitive and one would expect the game to be more intuitive after all the years of iterations.

Lastly, I have acted with my $$ for this season as I refused to do anything more than pay for FIFA 19 one time, then spend about $60 total for various packs. Past years I would have spent much more but opted not to invest any additional $$ to this game because the game felt arbitrary, the gameplay at times seemed just ridiculous….so the decisions EA makes into how they create the game and not address my continued concerns has a financial impact at least from my pocket book.
  • Inasacu
    1 posts Ball Boy
    In reference to Dynamic formation, could you add the option to allow changes thru the companion app, as a second option to actually making changes when on the game only?