Pitch Notes - Gameplay Beyond FIFA 19

123457

Comments

  • Dmoose79
    11 posts Ball Boy
    My main hope and(
  • Dmoose79
    11 posts Ball Boy
    Meant to say, my main hope is that they sort out my defenders running out of the way to mark nobody when the opposition attacks, and then stand with there hands on their hips once they have scored. Drive me mad to see the defence dissolve when the AI decides its time to score. And as above my team passing sideways and backwards when you trying to get back in the game, despite me pointing the stick forwards.
  • TeamExtreme17
    2905 posts National Call-Up
    glynnerm wrote: »
    SLOWION wrote: »
    One thing that needs to be addressed is AI movement on the offensive side of the ball. Player movement into open space to receive a pass is very poor.

    Pressing LB to tell a striker to Get in Behind will often result in the player running straight into single or double coverage rather than making the run into space.

    When a run is not triggered, players often stand still behind (or next to) a defender instead of making an effort to move into open space.

    There are also times when players such as a CAM will hit an "invisible wall" and refuse to move into open space, no matter how clear the path to goal.

    There are also issues with players making "fake runs" where they will full on sprint and then suddenly stop without warning...assuming this is somehow related to the issue above.

    These are just some examples but I hope you will look into further tuning of the offensive AI and having them make more realistic, football-like movements off the ball.

    agreed, movement off the ball running is poor, there are no diagonal runs by strikers, or running across the defensive line. pressing L1 on PS just involves a straight line run! hopefully spacial awareness will address this.

    Reme
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    I didn't see anything about the attacking runs and opening up spaces in the attack.

    Fix the stupid one dimensional forward runs the players make and make them avoid the defenders while running forward instead of hitting every defender on their way.

    Do you mean Fifa 17's big new feature Active Intelligence?

    Active Intelligence System

    Always making space and chances for himself and teammates, Marco Reus shows what FIFA 17's Active Intelligence System means on the pitch. This brand new gameplay mechanic introduces constant spatial analysis, increases activity off the ball, and changes the way players move, read, and react.

    Constant Spatial Analysis

    Now every player analyzes the proximity of their opponents and the space around them to better identify opportunities in attack. When you are on the ball your teammates understand if you can make a pass and adjust their movement to show for you or make a new run.

    New Run Types

    Smarter players and increased activity off the ball give you new and creative ways to open up the opposition. Orchestrated runs with multiple players, fake runs, stunt runs, and calling a player to show support are just a few ways you take control in the build up.
  • In the career mode as a player, I would like you to change the director's assessment of positioning to something appropriate.
    I think the position changes dynamically while playing.
    It's frustrating because there are too many indications for positioning.
    It seems to be based on the placement of the player at kickoff.
    Sorry, my bad English.
  • shirbavikar
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    It's such a shame they just stopped caring about us and FIFA 19. They lied to us the whole year fixing the game. Look where are we now in FIFA 19! and they expect us to buy FIFA points. This company just doesn't deserve any money from us... It's such a shame.

    I don't even trust FIFA 20's pitch notes. It's just another lie to make a FIFA 20 sale. They just don't know how to make a good game. Fifa 20 Stil has Timed finishing, Manual gk, futchamps, and division rivals.

    And when they make a good game like Pre-patch FIFA 18. They make the game so bad Installing So much AI.

    The real reasons are not servers. Installing so much AI and dynamic difficulty is not comprehending with internet connections with the players.
  • tanokin3
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Please. I want you to be able to manually control the positioning of the air battle!
    It can not be done after becoming a frost bite engine.



    It was a request from distant Japan.
  • No metter what they add in game next, new divisions,new game card new weekend leag its all no metter if i cant play in this in same connection conditions like evereone else in europe who live near game servers! i m frome siberia , my ping its 2 bar connection! how i can comper agains players with 4-5 bar connection? ok mb there is some enather way to play this game online? maybe single online match will help me to get fun of this? No! becaus there are no peopl their playing frome my region! Last year iv played fut with plaser no matter what game bugs was their, becous i could play with same GOOD P2P connection with my region players in divisions atleast. this year i can normaly play with robot, why EA compani dont warned me and people like me befor bying this WHAT THIS GAME ONLY FOR PERSONS WHO LIVE NOT FAR FROME GAME SERVERS (200km, or mls)!!!?
  • Massikiller
    79 posts Park Captain
    glynnerm wrote: »
    SLOWION wrote: »
    One thing that needs to be addressed is AI movement on the offensive side of the ball. Player movement into open space to receive a pass is very poor.

    Pressing LB to tell a striker to Get in Behind will often result in the player running straight into single or double coverage rather than making the run into space.

    When a run is not triggered, players often stand still behind (or next to) a defender instead of making an effort to move into open space.

    There are also times when players such as a CAM will hit an "invisible wall" and refuse to move into open space, no matter how clear the path to goal.

    There are also issues with players making "fake runs" where they will full on sprint and then suddenly stop without warning...assuming this is somehow related to the issue above.

    These are just some examples but I hope you will look into further tuning of the offensive AI and having them make more realistic, football-like movements off the ball.

    agreed, movement off the ball running is poor, there are no diagonal runs by strikers, or running across the defensive line. pressing L1 on PS just involves a straight line run! hopefully spacial awareness will address this.

    Reme
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    I didn't see anything about the attacking runs and opening up spaces in the attack.

    Fix the stupid one dimensional forward runs the players make and make them avoid the defenders while running forward instead of hitting every defender on their way.

    Do you mean Fifa 17's big new feature Active Intelligence?

    Active Intelligence System

    Always making space and chances for himself and teammates, Marco Reus shows what FIFA 17's Active Intelligence System means on the pitch. This brand new gameplay mechanic introduces constant spatial analysis, increases activity off the ball, and changes the way players move, read, and react.

    Constant Spatial Analysis

    Now every player analyzes the proximity of their opponents and the space around them to better identify opportunities in attack. When you are on the ball your teammates understand if you can make a pass and adjust their movement to show for you or make a new run.

    New Run Types

    Smarter players and increased activity off the ball give you new and creative ways to open up the opposition. Orchestrated runs with multiple players, fake runs, stunt runs, and calling a player to show support are just a few ways you take control in the build up.

    They really have to change their communication style, because as you say, they tell us the same things over and over. On E3 this year they said they have a new physics ball:

    "Ball Physics
    The new Ball Physics System elevates gameplay in FIFA 20 to a new level of realism, offering new shot trajectories, more realistic tackle interactions, and physics-driven behaviour.
    Football Informed Motion: an overhauled motion system introduces more authentic ball spins and bounces that play out with more realism than ever before, creating a more true-to-life football experience.
    New Shot Trajectories: with the new ball motion system a variety of realistic shot trajectories are unlocked, from technically dipping shots to knuckleballs, to swerved set-pieces and first-time rising shots."

    We already read this in previous fifa installments, so yes, it's hard to believe that things will change this year. we can only hope...
  • Frolix4
    8 posts Ball Boy
    Let's see,
    I'm not a pro, but I can compete at Wolrd Class level.
    When you play FUT single mode against, let's say, a professional team, and you get kicked like there's no tomorrow, you get injured players every other match, but no foul (and many many times the player who did that foul scores or assists a goal) and when you get past all these kicks you hit the post like 5 times from inside the box or the small box or the keeper makes a superhumane save, and this happens like 50% or 30% of the games you know, without doubt, that the people who made this game are really not nice guys and you keep playing, feeling what you do is kinda pointless, and only because there's no competitive alternative..
    And really, why fouls aren't fouls and how does EA feels rewarding the most dirty playing? It's kind of ethical question
  • Inasacu
    1 posts Ball Boy
    In reference to Dynamic formation, could you add the option to allow changes thru the companion app, as a second option to actually making changes when on the game only?
  • Pablofsi08
    460 posts Sunday League Hero
    I will say again, if you don't remove servers and bring P2P somehow to all online modes this game will never have a quick enough input delay responsiveness for most players.
  • GL9
    4 posts Ball Boy
    Happy with the adjustments announced so far. Timed finishing is a great concept, but I think more for Volleys, Headers and First timed shots, and not so much for 1 on 1 with the keeper 6 yards from the goal i.e equivalent to lay ups in NBA Live. Additionally hope more realistic player off the ball runs can be implemented, curved runs etc instead of straight line all the time, also stop start when necessary, instead of AI teamates continuing runs long after the oppurtunity of receiving a pass has elapsed. More manual passing would be great too. Too often it seems the AI assist overides the direction a users joystick is pointing when attempting to pass/kick into space in order to avoid an opponent interception. More and better/realistic animations for heading are needed not everytime players cocking their complete upper torso back then forward regardless of the scenario i.e glancing header etc. Improved servers for online play, in more locations to serve those not in what I guess you percieve to be your primary markets would be great. I.e West Africa, Nigeria where Im from connections are most often really bad.
  • GL9
    4 posts Ball Boy
    Remember guys, this is FIFA, not Fortnite, not Apex Legends!

    Some people want FIFA Street within FIFA it seems, sadly the kids have ruined both Pes and FIFA for me. All about packs and chained skills and magical goals, I remember the days when you scored a long range goal and you'd save it on your memory card to show people, now it's so common it's not even worth watching one replay of it.

    Hopefully we can head towards more slow simulation style football, it's a game so obviously should still be fun to play but there needs to be a balance and right now it's way too far on the arcade side. The chained skills and lack of shot error are probably the worst things

    Spot On Mate
  • ijsbeerrr
    50 posts Last Pick at the Park
    i have a great question. can you remove the patches from earlier,so the game does work again? every patch made it worse. im not saying it .the community agrees:)
  • Pablofsi08
    460 posts Sunday League Hero
    GL9 wrote: »
    Happy with the adjustments announced so far. Timed finishing is a great concept, but I think more for Volleys, Headers and First timed shots, and not so much for 1 on 1 with the keeper 6 yards from the goal i.e equivalent to lay ups in NBA Live. Additionally hope more realistic player off the ball runs can be implemented, curved runs etc instead of straight line all the time, also stop start when necessary, instead of AI teamates continuing runs long after the oppurtunity of receiving a pass has elapsed. More manual passing would be great too. Too often it seems the AI assist overides the direction a users joystick is pointing when attempting to pass/kick into space in order to avoid an opponent interception. More and better/realistic animations for heading are needed not everytime players cocking their complete upper torso back then forward regardless of the scenario i.e glancing header etc. Improved servers for online play, in more locations to serve those not in what I guess you percieve to be your primary markets would be great. I.e West Africa, Nigeria where Im from connections are most often really bad.

    The true problem with asking for more servers is that they definitely cannot cover all countries with servers because it's immensely expensive and there isn't even infrastructure and services available to rent good enough servers in ALL countries, and monitoring servers in all the countries in the world would also be near impossible. That is why, among other things, the only real option to have EVERYONE access to low latencies plus half the delay of servers, is to bring P2P as an option, that way, people host LOCALLY (city based, not even country based), you'll be playing people at 10, 15ms (about 1 input delay frame) instead of 100, 150ms (about 20 input delay frames).
  • b00st88ch
    58 posts Park Captain
    Do you guys heard feedback from "xxxinception" or "italianstallion"?

    Best persons for a true feedback system that we need for fifa but you got millions of telemetry datas and that is the result at the end?

    Do me a favor and remove all Patches let us play Fifa how it was it at the beginning a good game with some tiny bugs but It was playable.
  • MartinKusev
    55 posts Park Captain
    b00st88ch wrote: »
    Do you guys heard feedback from "xxxinception" or "italianstallion"?

    Best persons for a true feedback system that we need for fifa but you got millions of telemetry datas and that is the result at the end?

    Do me a favor and remove all Patches let us play Fifa how it was it at the beginning a good game with some tiny bugs but It was playable.

    They know about inceptionxx :) He was invited by EA in June-July for FIFA 19 GAMEPLAY RESPONSIVENESS.
  • and the most obscene quality of the game, is that it makes you, so often, feel that there's no need to try. When the AI feels like it, it will kick you to death and you just sit there watching it with your players unable to perform the simples of tasks -no control, no protect the ball, no pass, no shoot and no run.
  • Disgraceful game play i have experienced this weekend. 99 passing players not able to make simple passes with passing power of a Powder Puff Girl, Attacking AI only works when it wants even if your triggering runs, Shot power is variable depending if the engine wants you to score or not, unresponsiveness within 8 yards passing instead of shooting when there is an easy goal.

    That's just FUT Champs have a 100 chem team for icons swaps and see the best bronze team you ever saw on the pitch.

    Incredible and you wonder why people like me stop buying points? IDK the logic.
  • I got an email warning which was like "a bald guy saying that the word bald is forbidden and also that baldness does not exist". So what word do we use here to describe that mode when your players become unable to win any battle no matter what? There must be a word for it. I also want to point out here that at the well respected (by EA too) youtube channel "The Guide" they have a video where they ask something like 20 pro players if "baldness" exist and 19 answer "yes" and one says "I would like to believe that it does not exist". Now what? Bann the pro players and the guide.
  • There must be an answer to why you pass to your left (the game mechanics says so anyway) to an open player to score but the AI decides to help you and make the pass to your right and straight to the squad battle team's defenders. We could say that the AI (as well the ones who programmed it) are really shortsighted, but on the other hand the AI never does such idiotic decisions when it is attacking. Maybe the point is that you have to overcome all these traps to be a great player.. But then again when your decicions don't matter what is left for you to do? Watch the AI play by itself?
  • shirbavikar
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I promised myself that I wouldn't give feedback here because it's just a waste of time but I have to write something again because of the current state of the game.

    FUT Champs and Rivals Ruined this beautiful game of FIFA.

    The inconsistent gameplay was always an issue in Fifa but at least we were not mentally ill playing Fut champs and rivals.

    Just remove these two Sh*t game modes and add online seasons and online tournament mode in FIFA 20 and in the upcoming Fifa game. Otherwise, there's no hope.

    I have already downloaded pes 2020. This is my last FIFA. I can't play this madness anymore.

    It's been 4 years of torture.

    Goodbye FIFA.
  • baerentoeterR
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I promised myself that I wouldn't give feedback here because it's just a waste of time but I have to write something again because of the current state of the game.

    FUT Champs and Rivals Ruined this beautiful game of FIFA.

    The inconsistent gameplay was always an issue in Fifa but at least we were not mentally ill playing Fut champs and rivals.

    Just remove these two Sh*t game modes and add online seasons and online tournament mode in FIFA 20 and in the upcoming Fifa game. Otherwise, there's no hope.

    I have already downloaded pes 2020. This is my last FIFA. I can't play this madness anymore.

    It's been 4 years of torture.

    Goodbye FIFA.

    Best you can do mate. Hopefully more people to join and leave this pain and trash alone. EA gets what they deserve. :)
  • shirbavikar
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    @EA_GZaro You guys wanted honest feedback Just look at the feedback I gave on June 16, 2019, on FIFA 20.

    I was 100% Correct.

    @EA_GZaro It's not your fault. I think you are great but it's the company that just don't know how to make a good video game.

    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/comment/8699507/#Comment_8699507
  • baerentoeterR
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You can give them so much feedback you want Mate, doesnt matter for them. They are trainees. EA wont listen to their Community. Never change a winning Team.
  • shirbavikar
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I just wanted to say nothing will change even in FIFA 21 the damage has already been done.

    This company just doesn't know how to fix inconsistent gameplay.

    We have to relegate ourselves to do these objectives, play FUT champs and rivals every time, Every noob thinks he is such a good player, Stress and mental health are at the top.

    And the best part is EA will still make money every year by making people mentally ill.

    They can still make the matchmaking open for rivals in FIFA 20 but I know they won't.

    SUCH A DIVINE JOB! making people mentally ill Right?

    congratulations EA.
  • MartinKusev
    55 posts Park Captain
    First game after the update and i played vs opponent with 10 men in his box... ive counted 22 passes through my players legs and 15 perfect tackles where the ball remains in my opponent. My players do tackles when the ball is in my possession. My opponent ai perfectly covers every pass and do tackles instead of my opponent. His 49 pace players run faster than my 99... My 95 dribbling players turn slower than his 60 dribbling CBs wft! FInal result 2-2 and the guy CAN'T EVEN PASS THE BALL. He tries passes through me ffs. Broken game!!! Incompetent company!!! You all should be fired!!!
  • MartinKusev
    55 posts Park Captain
    edited April 7
    Every player plays with 10 men behind the ball, but we all play with different tactics LMAO. This game is more random than ever if you play vs person at your level... You don't get rewarded for good and beautiful football skills or combinations, but the game ends 5-4 with 9 rebound goals... EA, EA, EA that patent is killing you :)
Sign In or Register to comment.