Pitch Notes - Gameplay Beyond FIFA 19

Comments

  • Pablofsi08
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    It doesn't say anywhere that it will be based on statistics, it's a general nerf like the angle based nerf on ball speed we had in a previous patch, but with action types.

    I complain because I read correctly the patch notes and this is a mistake.

    I can perfectly turn 180º degrees to send a pass, if anything they need to just introduce an animation of you bending then falling towards the opposite side the ball is going to be sent to, that would leave that player out of the play for a second but not affect the pace of the game and the attack.
  • But everything is already based on statistics, just done poorly. The reason EA's fixes never seem to work is people like you complain instantly which makes them second guess themselves and then we'll get a situation where no one is happy.

    What do you mean you can perfectly turn 180 degrees to send a pass? You need to explain what you're saying

    I agree that if it's a general nerf then that's not a long term solution, however I'd argue with both of you that it's still better than what we have currently. Very few players can do it with any degree of accuracy (Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Fabregas)

    Again I think we're saying the same thing, my issue is only when you criticise EA for trying to do a good change just because it might not be 100% perfect then nobody wins.
  • Also the things we see in fifa right now are physically impossible, player usually ice skates to take shot or pass 180 degrees and can do it first time. The world class players I mentioned above can do it first time but only in the right context the pass has to be good and they have to be set the correct way- currently this isn't the case they just do a magic ankle breaking swivel
  • TeamExtreme17
    2291 posts Fans' Favourite
    Im confused about this 180° passing, top players look around off the ball and know where there team mates are, so when they receive the ball they either turn their body or let the ball roll past them and play a first time pass, thats turning 180° from front to back, no? I just hope its more stat based so your Scholes, Carrick, Pirlo, Alonso can still do this type of first time pass, only players with 90+ passing should be able to do it ..It just needs re-animating!!
  • TeamExtreme17
    2291 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 4
    Watch at 2.04:


    Is that not a 180° pass? The animation just needs to let it roll pass, or even take a touch before passing (which you can manually do holding RB). It looks bad in Fifa now because when you first time 180° pass the player un-naturally swings their body right round which looks unrealistic giving the impression of an impossible pass.. A realistic animation would solve that!! But again, only top passers should be able to do it..
  • Pablofsi08
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    But everything is already based on statistics, just done poorly. The reason EA's fixes never seem to work is people like you complain instantly which makes them second guess themselves and then we'll get a situation where no one is happy.

    What do you mean you can perfectly turn 180 degrees to send a pass? You need to explain what you're saying

    I agree that if it's a general nerf then that's not a long term solution, however I'd argue with both of you that it's still better than what we have currently. Very few players can do it with any degree of accuracy (Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Fabregas)

    Again I think we're saying the same thing, my issue is only when you criticise EA for trying to do a good change just because it might not be 100% perfect then nobody wins.

    I used to play a lot of football. I can sprint, stop at a point by setting one foot strongly on the ground then rotate 180º perfectly and the pass I send will have strong enough force to have a high speed. There's no reason why you would break your ankle doing that. The poses you end up in when you do that pass can be many, and none of them involve damaging your biology. Shooting, however, cannot be done with full strength after a 180º turn because you need a momentum to send the ball with higher strength (not enough N) and you cannot do that when you rotate. As a result, THAT needs to be nerfed, and not passes. I just completely proved it to you. You just need to either read it right getting rid of your bias or try both things yourself, you'll see.

    People just want a slower passing game (making the game too excessively slow altogether already with so much delay in our controls, this would become such a boring thing to see and play) because they cannot adequately switch among players fast enough or with enough anticipation and vision to reach the one that can intercept the passing line. They can't be bothered or don't have the vision.

    "Also the things we see in fifa right now are physically impossible, player usually ice skates to take shot or pass 180 degrees and can do it first time. The world class players I mentioned above can do it first time but only in the right context the pass has to be good and they have to be set the correct way- currently this isn't the case they just do a magic ankle breaking swivel."

    I added a period there so you look like you wrote better.

    You are mixing apples with oranges in that last paragraph. 180º passes are perfectly doable in real life, shots are not. Ice skates no longer, as a matter of fact, are a thing in 19, they were in 18.

    And as another point, 180º first touch passes are EVEN EASIER AND MORE VIABLE to do than 180º passes after a sprint.

    You are right however, in that the player needs to position himself correctly before a first touch 180º pass. That is easily corrected in Fifa 19 and I'll show you how, without applying a general nerf which makes them impossible. You start rotating the stick before the ball reaches you, at the right time, which could be half a second, and that's it. You don't need to make Fifa too slow on creativity in order to go in parallel with reality.
  • TeamExtreme17
    2291 posts Fans' Favourite
    Are players still going to take a touch on the ball when i press shoot/clearance so it takes like 3 seconds to execute my input? :/
  • Watch at 2.04:


    Is that not a 180° pass? The animation just needs to let it roll pass, or even take a touch before passing (which you can manually do holding RB). It looks bad in Fifa now because when you first time 180° pass the player un-naturally swings their body right round which looks unrealistic giving the impression of an impossible pass.. A realistic animation would solve that!! But again, only top passers should be able to do it..

    2:04 is not a 180 pass at all, but you're right top players can do them within context. In the large majority of cases however it is physically impossible to do it without breaking your own ankle.

    My definition of 180 pass is facing north with the ball and somehow passing south (and no not a backheel)
  • Pablofsi08
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    Watch at 2.04:


    Is that not a 180° pass? The animation just needs to let it roll pass, or even take a touch before passing (which you can manually do holding RB). It looks bad in Fifa now because when you first time 180° pass the player un-naturally swings their body right round which looks unrealistic giving the impression of an impossible pass.. A realistic animation would solve that!! But again, only top passers should be able to do it..

    Not even what you mention is unrealistic. That is what happens when you need to do the turn quicker, due to the increased turn speed you easily move out of your balance center and you can fall, you are also going to need a momentum to send the ball after that so the fall is occupied to send the ball with strong enough force. That's the animation played on Fifa for out of time 180º passes and is probably something captured from Ronaldo himself since this is the first time I remember seeing it on Fifa, which also further proves that it is a real life thing. Proof that isn't really necessary anyway because it's obvious. You can always execute a 180º pass, but almost never a 180º shot.

    To be fair, there are, obviously, your instincts can tell, players who have enough strength on their legs to rotate fully, hit the ball and don't need the momentum to send the ball with strong enough force.
  • Pablofsi08
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 4
    Watch at 2.04:


    Is that not a 180° pass? The animation just needs to let it roll pass, or even take a touch before passing (which you can manually do holding RB). It looks bad in Fifa now because when you first time 180° pass the player un-naturally swings their body right round which looks unrealistic giving the impression of an impossible pass.. A realistic animation would solve that!! But again, only top passers should be able to do it..

    2:04 is not a 180 pass at all, but you're right top players can do them within context. In the large majority of cases however it is physically impossible to do it without breaking your own ankle.

    My definition of 180 pass is facing north with the ball and somehow passing south (and no not a backheel)

    Go to the street, run 10 meters, at the end either perform a small jump with the leg you want to use to set strongly on the ground as support for your body, or just set it directly, rotate on it, then hit the ball to the opposite side. You've got both a momentum and a fast rotation, with no inertia. Try it. And that's the most difficult condition you can do it in.

    When you are at low speed or standing you can perfectly rotate 180º to hit a ball. Why are we in doubt about this? lol.

    I'll leave this clear here again in case EA are reading it closely. EA, if you make first touch passes slower this game is going to play dull, look slow and end up embarrassing itself, especially in front of games with high speed non stop action like Fortnite. If you somehow introduce this I am 100% sure you will end up backtracking on your steps due to community uproar of the game being too slow now for them to be interested.

    Let's imagine Fifa 20 for a second with this needless change on passes. First touch passes, even with the right angle and anticipated momentum on the controller send slow balls. Passes without an angle send slow balls. Human error on the controller pressing the X button for too short of a time (which happens too often to casuals, especially after a series of passes) send a slow ball. Pressured passes will send a slow ball. Strength prediction due to short distances will cause people to send the ball slow. Turning produces a slow ball on pass. WHAT DOESN'T SEND A SLOW BALL AFTER YOUR CHANGE?

    Passes after a full 1 second or half a second ball control will the only ones that go at a normal speed. You are effectively killing the pace of the game, and I just proved it, by listening to whoever, it doesn't matter if he reaches 30 - 0 and got a high position on the World Cup, gave this VERY BAD advice of nerfing first touch passes. Nerf first touch shots. Learn to NOT listen to advice when the pace of the game is affected, and more over, seriously, and when suggestions that say something is not feasible physically actually is. You need to double check that.
  • Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Watch at 2.04:


    Is that not a 180° pass? The animation just needs to let it roll pass, or even take a touch before passing (which you can manually do holding RB). It looks bad in Fifa now because when you first time 180° pass the player un-naturally swings their body right round which looks unrealistic giving the impression of an impossible pass.. A realistic animation would solve that!! But again, only top passers should be able to do it..

    2:04 is not a 180 pass at all, but you're right top players can do them within context. In the large majority of cases however it is physically impossible to do it without breaking your own ankle.

    My definition of 180 pass is facing north with the ball and somehow passing south (and no not a backheel)

    Go to the street, run 10 meters, at the end either perform a small jump with the leg you want to use to set strongly on the ground as support for your body, or just set it directly, rotate on it, then hit the ball to the opposite side. You've got both a momentum and a fast rotation, with no inertia. Try it. And that's the most difficult condition you can do it in.

    When you are at low speed or standing you can perfectly rotate 180º to hit a ball. Why are we in doubt about this? lol.

    You really struggle to comprehend things and think you've proved things when you haven't. Nobody said it's impossible full stop, I'm talking about what happens in FIFA IS impossible without hurting yourself because they don't have the correct animations for it. If they add in realistic animations and have a suitable error and power based on stats that's fine

    This is what I posted earlier -"Also the things we see in fifa right now are physically impossible, player usually ice skates to take shot or pass 180 degrees and can do it first time. The world class players I mentioned above can do it first time but only in the right context the pass has to be good and they have to be set the correct way"

    So yes it's not impossible in real life as you can adjust your body, nobody is disputing that. It's impossible to try in real life what fits currently has- the adjusting animation doesn't exist so they play perfect 180 no look passes which is annoying

    Stop with the strawman and read what I'm actually saying instead of proving how good you are at football and how you can hop around
  • TeamExtreme17
    2291 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Watch at 2.04:


    Is that not a 180° pass? The animation just needs to let it roll pass, or even take a touch before passing (which you can manually do holding RB). It looks bad in Fifa now because when you first time 180° pass the player un-naturally swings their body right round which looks unrealistic giving the impression of an impossible pass.. A realistic animation would solve that!! But again, only top passers should be able to do it..

    2:04 is not a 180 pass at all, but you're right top players can do them within context. In the large majority of cases however it is physically impossible to do it without breaking your own ankle.

    My definition of 180 pass is facing north with the ball and somehow passing south (and no not a backheel)

    Go to the street, run 10 meters, at the end either perform a small jump with the leg you want to use to set strongly on the ground as support for your body, or just set it directly, rotate on it, then hit the ball to the opposite side. You've got both a momentum and a fast rotation, with no inertia. Try it. And that's the most difficult condition you can do it in.

    When you are at low speed or standing you can perfectly rotate 180º to hit a ball. Why are we in doubt about this? lol.

    You really struggle to comprehend things and think you've proved things when you haven't. Nobody said it's impossible full stop, I'm talking about what happens in FIFA IS impossible without hurting yourself because they don't have the correct animations for it. If they add in realistic animations and have a suitable error and power based on stats that's fine.

    Exactly the point i was trying to make.

  • Pablofsi08
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 4
    THEN APPLY THE CORRECT ANIMATIONS BUT DON'T AFFECT THE GAMEPLAY'S PACE REMOVING A KEY FACTOR TO IT BECAUSE THERE ISN'T A GOOD ANIMATION lol. Are you for real? come on man.

    Let's go at this once more. YOU DON'T NEED TO BE A TOP PLAYER TO TURN YOUR BODY 180º DEGREES lol. So if, according to you, the animations are incorrect and show a dynamic that would break your ankle, change them.

    Don't, touch, the first touch passes or this game is going to suffer.

    Making first touch not viable, THAT would be unnatural.
  • TeamExtreme17
    2291 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 4
    P.S. This is the problem with EA listening to Casual, Core and Pro players opinions, no one is ever going to agree and why the game is so random. I dont play Online but i can imagine how frustrating it is. But most people ive heard want Timed Finishing and Manual GK removed. So why don't EA just remove it for Online matches and leave it as a setting for Offline gamers, just like Legacy/Tactical Defending.

    Online

    Tactical Defending: On by default
    Timed Finishing: Off by default
    Manual GK: Off by default

    Offline

    Tactical/Legacy Defending: On or Off
    Timed Finishing: On or Off
    Manual GK: On or Off

    P.S. On Manual Defending, isnt that just Legacy Defending? :D i said all along Tactical Defending that they introduced in Fifa 12 was the problem. Even for Offline players, it's unrealistic. LD was fine if they give players a massive fatigue hit (just like players get for knocking the ball on) for pressuring for 90 minutes and introduced a tackle button. So Press would be Hold X and Tackle Would be Tap O (Hold O for retain possession from tackle).

    Legacy Defending

    Press: Hold X
    Tackle: Tap O
    Possession Tackle: Hold O
    Sliding Tackle:
    Possession Sliding Tackle: Hold

    Problem solved.
  • Pablofsi08
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 4
    EA has to listen to logical reasons, filtering through that filter, all feedback received, either from pros or non pros who are also suggesting things with a base, which are logical and needed.

    Legacy Defense was just chasing your rivals with almost 100% effectiveness combining the actions of the X and the L2 button in only one. As many said automatic defense is a necessary evil to compensate for input delay (which should be much more mitigated in 2020, (for God's sake lol, 2020 and we are still server netcode from the 90s?) by P2P or predictive netcode) so long as we have a considerable amount of it due to server netcode, but should be kept to a minimum of effectiveness, only enough to block an linear offensive, which is what they are doing for next year, to an extent.

    Defense should never be based on just pressing a button while the attacker has to perform all sorts of predictive creativity. That's manual defending, just moving the left stick, then pressing circle to take the ball when you really have to. Anticipation, knowledge, timing.
  • TeamExtreme17
    2291 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 4
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    EA has to listen to logical reasons, filtering through that filter, all feedback received, either from pros or non pros who are also suggesting things with a base, which are logical and needed.

    Legacy Defense was just chasing your rivals with almost 100% effectiveness combining the actions of the X and the L2 button in only one. As many said automatic defense is a necessary evil to compensate for input delay (which should be much more mitigated in 2020, (for God's sake lol, 2020 and we are still server netcode from the 90s?) by P2P or predictive netcode) so long as we have a considerable amount of it due to server netcode, but should be kept to a minimum of effectiveness, only enough to block an linear offensive, which is what they are doing for next year, to an extent.

    Defense should never be based on just pressing a button while the attacker has to perform all sorts of predictive creativity. That's manual defending, just moving the left stick, then pressing circle to take the ball when you really have to. Anticipation, knowledge, timing.

    Again, using Press would result in a fatigue hit just like knock-on does so it wouldnt be able to be done for 90 minutes and youd have to pick when and where to use it. The problem with LD was you could just Hold the Press button and just "Homing Missile" in to the attacker to tackle him and show no signs of fatigue in 90mins, but if EA introduced a tackle button it would of fixed this, if timed correctly, as just pressing into your attacker would then just result in a foul by smashing in to him, timing tackles would be important.

    OR

    Remove Pressing from LD!! That way you can only use sprint and the Tackle Button (Tap O)

    Tactical Defending (Auto Defending) was unneccessary. But then again i play Offline not Online.
  • Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    THEN APPLY THE CORRECT ANIMATIONS BUT DON'T AFFECT THE GAMEPLAY'S PACE REMOVING A KEY FACTOR TO IT BECAUSE THERE ISN'T A GOOD ANIMATION lol. Are you for real? come on man.

    Let's go at this once more. YOU DON'T NEED TO BE A TOP PLAYER TO TURN YOUR BODY 180º DEGREES lol. So if, according to you, the animations are incorrect and show a dynamic that would break your ankle, change them.

    Don't, touch, the first touch passes or this game is going to suffer.

    Making first touch not viable, THAT would be unnatural.

    I didn't say it was my ideal solution did I? But it is better than what we have currently that's for sure, because it is too fast and powerful too often. Hopefully they'll fix it properly but if not I'll take slowing down the pace so it can't be abused.

    I never said you had to be a top player to do it, to do it accurately against 11 professional footballers is a bit different to standing outside on my own under 0 pressure. I don't want it to be impossible, I want it to be contextual, with stats mattering and less fake ankle break animations. If EA's first step towards changing it is slowing down how fast the passes are then I'm all for it because CURRENTLY THE ANIMATIONS ARE UNREALISTIC AND PLAYERS DO 180 PASSES AND SHOTS THAT IF ATTEMPTED IN REAL LIFE WOULD LITERALLY INJURE YOU.

    First time passes is a different situation, they do need to change them and introduce more error and make them more manual. You just want fast paced ping pong arcade, every team and every player can constantly hit perfect tiki taka passes and play, that's fine that's your opinion. It's an awful opinion but fair play to you. When I play someone online I don't want to come up against that, i can beat it but the enjoyment isn't there.

    Just a reminder people this is what EA actually said

    "180 degrees, first-time, and pressured passes situations will now result in slower/weaker balls, making them less effective and easier to get intercepted by the opposing team"

    You're picturing they're just randomly gonna slow down passes that should be fast and make it impossible to do fast passes which I can't believe a grown adult believes EA will do based off what they actually said. Reading that I don't believe for a second that every first time ball will be slow and weak, they said slower and weaker- to explain it for you because you clearly don't understand, this doesn't mean slow and weak in general, just slower and weaker than it is currently- which is overpowered
  • Pablofsi08
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    EA has to listen to logical reasons, filtering through that filter, all feedback received, either from pros or non pros who are also suggesting things with a base, which are logical and needed.

    Legacy Defense was just chasing your rivals with almost 100% effectiveness combining the actions of the X and the L2 button in only one. As many said automatic defense is a necessary evil to compensate for input delay (which should be much more mitigated in 2020, (for God's sake lol, 2020 and we are still server netcode from the 90s?) by P2P or predictive netcode) so long as we have a considerable amount of it due to server netcode, but should be kept to a minimum of effectiveness, only enough to block an linear offensive, which is what they are doing for next year, to an extent.

    Defense should never be based on just pressing a button while the attacker has to perform all sorts of predictive creativity. That's manual defending, just moving the left stick, then pressing circle to take the ball when you really have to. Anticipation, knowledge, timing.

    Again, using Press would result in a fatigue hit just like knock-on does so it wouldnt be able to be done for 90 minutes and youd have to pick when and where to use it. The problem with LD was you could just Hold the Press button and just "Homing Missile" in to the attacker to tackle him and show no signs of fatigue in 90mins, but if EA introduced a tackle button it would of fixed this, if timed correctly, as just pressing into your attacker would then just result in a foul by smashing in to him, timing tackles would be important.

    OR

    Remove Pressing from LD!! That way you can only use sprint and the Tackle Button (Tap O)

    Tactical Defending (Auto Defending) was unneccessary. But then again i play Offline not Online.

    Such a broken thing should never return to Fifa. It's like getting all gems on a Marvel SH game, it's a completely broken mechanic even if used only twice per match to stop two attacks. It breaks the game.

  • Pablofsi08
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 4
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    THEN APPLY THE CORRECT ANIMATIONS BUT DON'T AFFECT THE GAMEPLAY'S PACE REMOVING A KEY FACTOR TO IT BECAUSE THERE ISN'T A GOOD ANIMATION lol. Are you for real? come on man.

    Let's go at this once more. YOU DON'T NEED TO BE A TOP PLAYER TO TURN YOUR BODY 180º DEGREES lol. So if, according to you, the animations are incorrect and show a dynamic that would break your ankle, change them.

    Don't, touch, the first touch passes or this game is going to suffer.

    Making first touch not viable, THAT would be unnatural.

    I didn't say it was my ideal solution did I? But it is better than what we have currently that's for sure, because it is too fast and powerful too often. Hopefully they'll fix it properly but if not I'll take slowing down the pace so it can't be abused.

    I never said you had to be a top player to do it, to do it accurately against 11 professional footballers is a bit different to standing outside on my own under 0 pressure. I don't want it to be impossible, I want it to be contextual, with stats mattering and less fake ankle break animations. If EA's first step towards changing it is slowing down how fast the passes are then I'm all for it because CURRENTLY THE ANIMATIONS ARE UNREALISTIC AND PLAYERS DO 180 PASSES AND SHOTS THAT IF ATTEMPTED IN REAL LIFE WOULD LITERALLY INJURE YOU.

    First time passes is a different situation, they do need to change them and introduce more error and make them more manual. You just want fast paced ping pong arcade, every team and every player can constantly hit perfect tiki taka passes and play, that's fine that's your opinion. It's an awful opinion but fair play to you. When I play someone online I don't want to come up against that, i can beat it but the enjoyment isn't there.

    Just a reminder people this is what EA actually said

    "180 degrees, first-time, and pressured passes situations will now result in slower/weaker balls, making them less effective and easier to get intercepted by the opposing team"

    You're picturing they're just randomly gonna slow down passes that should be fast and make it impossible to do fast passes which I can't believe a grown adult believes EA will do based off what they actually said. Reading that I don't believe for a second that every first time ball will be slow and weak, they said slower and weaker- to explain it for you because you clearly don't understand, this doesn't mean slow and weak in general, just slower and weaker than it is currently- which is overpowered

    Pressured passes are already affected by Composure on the direction, why would you also affect the pace of the game by introducing speed error EA?

    Why also make first touch passes weaker when it's only natural when you kick a ball that is coming with speed to send it with a higher speed? Why not just adjust the margin of error on the direction?

    Why make 180º passes slower when they can be executed with enough strength in real life situations?

    Whoever gave you this advice doesn't understand the meta.

    Btw, slower and weaker very probably means 50-60% speed, which is slow. I would accept a 80-85% speed reduction regulated by the Pass statistic, for a situation where the animation played and the position are of an extreme inconvenience to kick the ball. More than that and you are killing this game's creativity.
  • TeamExtreme17
    2291 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    EA has to listen to logical reasons, filtering through that filter, all feedback received, either from pros or non pros who are also suggesting things with a base, which are logical and needed.

    Legacy Defense was just chasing your rivals with almost 100% effectiveness combining the actions of the X and the L2 button in only one. As many said automatic defense is a necessary evil to compensate for input delay (which should be much more mitigated in 2020, (for God's sake lol, 2020 and we are still server netcode from the 90s?) by P2P or predictive netcode) so long as we have a considerable amount of it due to server netcode, but should be kept to a minimum of effectiveness, only enough to block an linear offensive, which is what they are doing for next year, to an extent.

    Defense should never be based on just pressing a button while the attacker has to perform all sorts of predictive creativity. That's manual defending, just moving the left stick, then pressing circle to take the ball when you really have to. Anticipation, knowledge, timing.

    Again, using Press would result in a fatigue hit just like knock-on does so it wouldnt be able to be done for 90 minutes and youd have to pick when and where to use it. The problem with LD was you could just Hold the Press button and just "Homing Missile" in to the attacker to tackle him and show no signs of fatigue in 90mins, but if EA introduced a tackle button it would of fixed this, if timed correctly, as just pressing into your attacker would then just result in a foul by smashing in to him, timing tackles would be important.

    OR

    Remove Pressing from LD!! That way you can only use sprint and the Tackle Button (Tap O)

    Tactical Defending (Auto Defending) was unneccessary. But then again i play Offline not Online.

    Such a broken thing should never return to Fifa. It's like getting all gems on a Marvel SH game, it's a completely broken mechanic even if used only twice per match to stop two attacks. It breaks the game.

    If something is broken you fix it, not remove it. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it if you do the simple fixes ive suggested. It would be more realistic and manual than TD. But maybe its me being an Offline gamer.

    Player switching also wasnt a problem until TD onwards.
  • Affect the pace of the game, it's currently an end to end arcade fest resembling basketball more than football. If you don't see an issue with the current pace of the game then there's no hope for you.

    Just admit you're pulling that 50-60% speed figure out of your ****?

    To end this debate I don't know what they'll do in regards to slowing things down, neither do you. What I do know is currently it's too fast and too assisted. You're worried it'll be too slow, which is a stupid sorry. The rest of us in the real world are worried it'll stay too fast as it has been for years
  • Pablofsi08
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 4
    What can you get from reducing the speed of each offensive play by 5 or 6 seconds? I can currently foresee most passes that go past the first half of the pitch. Pace is perfectly fine right now and in fact, strong passes using the R1 button should be less penalized in order to create other faster possibilities to obtain a surprise factor. I think it is too fast for people who don't understand how to defend. When they should switch to the defender next to the player with the focus on him currently, or when to move the cursor three players behind the one focused in that moment.

    And to add to this, Fifa does not need to be exactly like real life. It needs to be fun, and is meant yes a simulator, but also as a simulator where you can apply some ideas, within more or less realistic margins, which can result in a deeper football game, making it even more interesting than football itself. Player's don't necessarily need to dominate every ball before sending a competent pass.

    Making the passes more prone to error regarding direction doesn't affect me and in fact I think the direction is still too automatically corrected.
  • Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    What can you get from reducing the speed of each offensive play by 5 or 6 seconds? I can currently foresee most passes that go past the first half of the pitch. Pace is perfectly fine right now and in fact, strong passes using the R1 button should be less penalized in order to create other faster possibilities to obtain a surprise factor. I think it is too fast for people who don't understand how to defend. When they should switch to the defender next to the player with the focus on him currently, or when to move the cursor three players behind the one focused in that moment.

    And to add to this, Fifa does not need to be exactly like real life. It needs to be fun, and is meant yes a simulator, but also as a simulator where you can apply some ideas, within more or less realistic margins, which can result in a deeper football game, making it even more interesting than football itself. Player's don't necessarily need to dominate every ball before sending a competent pass.

    Making the passes more prone to error regarding direction doesn't affect me and in fact I think the direction is still too automatically corrected.

    I'm pretty sure I'd beat you easily in a game of fifa, I don't think skill level has anything to do with deciding whether it's fast or slow. I can defend just fine thank you, that's not the issue either. Again you're not understanding the real issue, it isn't speed from a to b, its speed in the actions within a to b such as pong pong passing. I agree R1 passes should be better, I also think intricate through balls and lofted through balls should be better (right now in most cases it's very easy to defend against these but with defending more manual hopefully the game opens up)

    I agree it shouldn't be too simulation focused, but right now it's too arcadey for me. You disagree, that's fine
  • Pablofsi08
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    Well man, if you haven't seen the whole picture I'm describing here yet, I am worried about the speed from a to b because that comprehends speed in actions from action to action b.

    And your desire to improve through balls and lofted through balls shows the type of player you seem to be.

    There's a clear reason why those were nerfed, those were too broken all throughout 5 or 6 consecutive Fifas.

    Btw, I don't think there are many situations where you can call a through/lofted through ball an intrincate play, haha. The build up is where intrincate is, the passing play, where you need creativity, and for creativity to exist you need variety of viable ways to circulate the ball, slow, faster, diverse directions, methods, surprise factors, varying distances, escalation, cycling, dragging the opposing defense towards where you want them to be then sending the ball to the opposite side, passing back and forth to drag and defeat automatic positioning, then passing quickly around then shoot, risky passes beyond the area then back then down to shoot, different geometric figures and plans created with passing, mix between passes and through balls, fake through balls, mix of positioning, skills and passes in order to open spaces. That's intrincate, through balls are never intrincate, just passes forward.
  • Halftheroast123
    20 posts Ball Boy
    edited June 4
    You want chained skills and ping pong passes and 180 degree passes with the current pace which you think is realistic, shows what kind of player you are

    I said intricate passes (through balls) and you spend your whole post talking about me saying intricate play. Not very smart are you, learn to read man.

    And yes through balls need to be balanced, they're either overpowered or underpowered, I want a balanced system where the best players succeed whether it's manually passing or manually defending

    We have three options for you my friend 1) English isn't your first language
    2) you're an idiot
    3) all of the above
  • Pablofsi08
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 5
    "You want chained skills"

    I want chainable in real life skills to be chainable in the game, unchainable ones impossible to, here.

    "ping pong passes"

    The players already need a positioning in the game in order to avoid sending weak balls due to the angle, but they are by default always in a good position to receive the ball. Those two things are what make first touch passes possible in real life. As a matter of fact I believe you should be able to position yourself manually in this game so that the position you receive the ball in will depend on your timing and precision to get ready in the right position before the ball reaches you, mitigated a little bit by auto-correction so that you can't deviate too much from it. As long as those two conditions are met, what you call ping pong should be possible, and it is how the game is right now. Ping pong when it is logical regarding positioning and timing.

    - You want a general nerf so that even with good positioning and timing a weird penalization takes place on the ball speed. It doesn't work that way irl. You are wrong.

    "180º passes with the current pace"

    - The way they work now, sans the animations and auto-positioning is faithful to reality.

    "I said intrincate passes (through balls)"

    - Yes. Such a thing doesn't exist. Prove a through ball is ever in any situation a deep play, ball is in your court.

    Through balls underpowered? exactly when? Ball's in your court again. If anything they are still overpowered so that casuals can take advantage of the broken explosive acceleration that stills persists after all these years when you send ANY through pass.

    "I want a system where good players succeed at passing"

    - You want turtles to turn on their backs after 2 seconds, look around, then and only then be able to send their passes. Otherwise the ball takes 2 extra seconds to reach the next player. No. You know nothing. You don't want to see how that kills this game.

    I guess tiki-taka is all about dominating the ball for 2 seconds before making a pass. No first touch passes right? or heel passes, or side of the foot ones, all of them quick enough.

    Or quick building a counterattack, that's also about dominating the ball for 2 seconds on each pass before sending the next one.
    Post edited by Pablofsi08 on
  • forearms
    4745 posts National Call-Up
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    EA has to listen to logical reasons, filtering through that filter, all feedback received, either from pros or non pros who are also suggesting things with a base, which are logical and needed.

    Legacy Defense was just chasing your rivals with almost 100% effectiveness combining the actions of the X and the L2 button in only one. As many said automatic defense is a necessary evil to compensate for input delay (which should be much more mitigated in 2020, (for God's sake lol, 2020 and we are still server netcode from the 90s?) by P2P or predictive netcode) so long as we have a considerable amount of it due to server netcode, but should be kept to a minimum of effectiveness, only enough to block an linear offensive, which is what they are doing for next year, to an extent.

    Defense should never be based on just pressing a button while the attacker has to perform all sorts of predictive creativity. That's manual defending, just moving the left stick, then pressing circle to take the ball when you really have to. Anticipation, knowledge, timing.

    Again, using Press would result in a fatigue hit just like knock-on does so it wouldnt be able to be done for 90 minutes and youd have to pick when and where to use it. The problem with LD was you could just Hold the Press button and just "Homing Missile" in to the attacker to tackle him and show no signs of fatigue in 90mins, but if EA introduced a tackle button it would of fixed this, if timed correctly, as just pressing into your attacker would then just result in a foul by smashing in to him, timing tackles would be important.

    OR

    Remove Pressing from LD!! That way you can only use sprint and the Tackle Button (Tap O)

    Tactical Defending (Auto Defending) was unneccessary. But then again i play Offline not Online.

    Such a broken thing should never return to Fifa. It's like getting all gems on a Marvel SH game, it's a completely broken mechanic even if used only twice per match to stop two attacks. It breaks the game.

    If something is broken you fix it, not remove it. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it if you do the simple fixes ive suggested. It would be more realistic and manual than TD. But maybe its me being an Offline gamer.

    Player switching also wasnt a problem until TD onwards.

    Why not make defenders actually use the left stick to control their player? I dont care how you phrase contain or press. It's still relying entirely on the AI to position your player for you.
  • shirbavikar
    14 posts Ball Boy
    Truly appreciate the implementations EA! love you loads.

    1) JUST REMOVE THE MANUAL GK, it doesn't make any sense of keeping it, doesn't matter how much you
    nerf it, R3 button shouldn't register any command.

    2) Time finishing shouldn't be in this game at all. Why make things complicated. If you are nerfing the green time window there is no point in keeping, it would only make things even worst.

    You are just over coding the game with so many useless features! like:- Time finishing and manual gk.

    3) If you are really monitoring forums Please read this:-

    Every time EA tries to fix certain things they make is so overpowered. For eg:- Manual gk and Timed finishing.

    And now they made manual defending more rewarding. MARK MY WORDS:- THEY WILL MAKE MANUAL DEFENDING VERY EASY THAT EVERY NOOB'S GONNA BE AN EXPERT DEFENDER!

    Just try to make a balanced high skilled game where a skilled player who breaks someone's defense and wins 9 out of 10 times without crossing the ball that's all we want.

    " What EA didn't mention in the patch (maybe they will mention later) "

    The Fut champs game mode is useless. It is stressful it's been 3 years of hell! Every competitive game mode should be removed. Open matchmaking is fun!

    I still loved the pitch note beyond FIFA 19! But everything has been mentioned is an honest review of the pitch notes beyond FIFA 19.
  • imeshach
    1 posts Ball Boy
    this is good news that you guys are listening to the FIFA community so i have to thank and appreciate you guys for doing that. but also i’ll like for y’all to solve the problem with the
    1: game lagging and stuttering.
    2: when i’m pressing the X button (which is to tackle or take the ball away) on my ps4 pro controlling doesn’t work and if it work the AI gets the ball back
    3: players with 87 ball control in the game doesn’t really control the ball that well. the ball leaves there feet or the player exposes the ball which makes it easier for the AI to win the ball back
    4: in certain situations when i pass the ball to another player they seem to not react or if they react and receive the ball the ball will just bounce off the player which will lead to the AI winning the ball back
    5: i hope y’all don’t decrease the goalkeepers abilities so badly that it’s so easy to score because i think the goalkeeper abilities in FIFA 19 is just about right and accurate. for example goalkeeper like de gea, and thibaut courtois are harder to get passed or to score a goal on which is very realistic so please don’t dramatically change anything
  • WaiWai
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Dear Fifa game team
    I very expect fifa 20 to come also grateful your team create beautiful fifa game for us. Please let me give some opinion to coming fifa 20 game, can you increase camera zoom and height level specially add height level over to 20 also when choice broadcast camera will be insight both side penalty area not balance(that is little imperfect). Left side penalty area small than right side area, since fifa 16 had appear this problem. can you correct both side penalty area back to balance such as right side penalty area.
    Best regard.


Sign In or Register to comment.