Pitch Notes - Gameplay Beyond FIFA 19

Comments

• Nadeem
    2 posts Ball Boy
    Please upgrade manager career mode. It’s still the only reason I purchase Fifa every year. Not all of us play FUT.
  • KANFUR66
    3 posts Ball Boy
    please refresh football players' running, walking and turning animations.
  • We just need to improve the following. All other factors are just secondary.

Shooting:- fitness/timed shots outside box,
    Contested shot accuracy (shots squirming past 2 defenders + 1 gk)

Passing: clear cut passes don't go straight to opponent

Tackling: ball retention after successful tackle
  • eladlad
    531 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Please give some attension to manual attacking aswell.
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    The only thing I care about us being presented a solution for the ****, server based gameplay.

Otherwise, you can keep your empty promises..

Oh and btw.: It would also be nice if my 70ish rated silver team wouldn't destroy all icon/tots squads while I struggle to string 2 passes together with my 5 mill squad.. lol
  • Please get rid of kickoff goals. They happen too often to everyone and it is very annoying and unrealistic.
  • Just had an idea for making headers less overpowered, maybe make them semi assist or manual as standard? Right now the game is ridiculous in terms of crossing and headers, way too accurate and powerful. Making them semi assist or manual will also solve the problem of pro clubs 6"5 strikers winning absolutely everything and with how overpowered headers are every match is just spam crosses, at least they'll miss the target or need some sort of skill instead of just being massive and up against a stock cb
  • Hashonthebeat
    46 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Nadeem wrote: »
    Please upgrade manager career mode. It’s still the only reason I purchase Fifa every year. Not all of us play FUT.

100%
  • Hashonthebeat
    46 posts Last Pick at the Park
    KANFUR66 wrote: »
    please refresh football players' running, walking and turning animations.

@EA_Andy THIS.
  • AzarFC
    1 posts Ball Boy
    KJSlayer wrote: »
    In my opinion timed finishing is unnecessary because it wasn't present in previous FIFA's and now a lot of people are complaining about it. It's best to just remove it for FIFA 20. Also, it wasn't mentioned in the article but there is a problem in FIFA 19 about players PACE. It's weird that for ex. Salah having 91 PACE is being caught up by the 60 PACE defender. It's hard to use this atribute of a player to your advantage.
    KJSlayer wrote: »
    In my opinion timed finishing is unnecessary because it wasn't present in previous FIFA's and now a lot of people are complaining about it. It's best to just remove it for FIFA 20. Also, it wasn't mentioned in the article but there is a problem in FIFA 19 about players PACE. It's weird that for ex. Salah having 91 PACE is being caught up by the 60 PACE defender. It's hard to use this atribute of a player to your advantage.

chaining is so unreal if some wants to chain skill moves he can do it in normal matches not online

fifa is more about realistic football

also i think what they mean by goalkeeper movement it will be upgraded like in penalty kicks you choose a side to defend more not actually move the keeper

i hope they do that
  • From the comment about some information of pro clubs please could you consider the potential of adding a fut champions style mode into pro clubs ? i think this would work really well as it would add in a sense of competitive into pro clubs. Also it would show the large growing pro clubs community a glimpse of 11vs11 as an esport. Finally, i think that 11vs11 esports should be introduced and backed by EA and host LAN events as 11vs11 is more realistic then 1vs1 and would be more exciting to watch.
  • saturator
    88 posts Park Captain
    edited June 2
    There is so much to change

- Huge overhaul of manager career mode : loan, transfers, staff, stadium management, ticketing as there was on FIFA 06 I believe with the choice of sponsort

-more pronounced inertia, heavier ball physics, more physics in duels

-no more skating animations

-some animations look really old : the mix with the news ones seems sometimes really strange

-fix headers :the animations are bads and not realist (strange nec mouvements)

- more faults: the big downside of this edition

-more clearly visible games style

-starheads of all licensed teams: OM and OL, Juventus, Manchester United, etc.

-more stadiums and dynamic weather

-Full Package of seria A, Conforama L1 and Bundesliga: full package with referees under license and different severity

-Rescan of PL : so old or Bad starheads : Lukaku, Aguero, DeGea, Hazard, etc...

-possibility to have Legends in career: there is not that FUT in the life !!

-possibility to choose the time and the climatic conditions of the matches in career like on FIFA 18

-correct the HDR which is too dark and no more aliasing in 4K HDR, it is spot on Pro and One X!!
  • Ugur97
    3 posts Ball Boy
    Change Cristiano Ronaldo’s haircut please.
  • Ugur97
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited June 2
    Better remove Timed finishing. It looks and is very unrealistic..
  • Ugur97
    3 posts Ball Boy
    Make a option at career mode that u can begin with your own created team.
  • viniciusrsouza
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    FIFA 19, already in it's demo, introduced a bug where 50% of fouls cinematics/cutscenes are skipped automatically, most times avoiding us and even the AI itself to take a free kick quickly, since the game simply jumps to all players already rearranged in their default positions, destroying that current gameplay moment.

This happens even in offline gameplay. Lots of career gamers just let all cinematics go on to take a breath or drink some water, but this year some fouls are taken just immediately, after the game skips the cutscenes.

This NEVER happened before FIFA 19. Some reports here and on Reddit were just ignored. I even tried to call Andy and Zaro attention on Twitter back when game was released, but also was totally ignored.

Unfortunately I have a feeling nothing will change for FIFA 20, but can this please be adreesed?

Not only because you should have an appreciation for the hard work from cutscenes creation guys, but also because this affects gameplay drastically! The game is skipping cutscenes even when balls are extremely near the players after a foul is called!

Please, fix this. This was never a problem before FIFA 19!
  • Prafer
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Careermode: Premier league matches are terrible, sometimes after two days you have to play another match. The players are already tired from the earlier match.
  • eladlad
    531 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Fix this bug in manual controls: the gk can't roll the ball on the ground when you pass to a teamate.
    It was never a problem untill fifa 19.
  • Yaaqov
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    @EA_Andy You want examples:
    here is one for you, a faultiest outside the box, yet conceded a penalty:
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgJlsO5Gz1uyp1VNZqB9ySq60ERx

and how about this one:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApX0zKJohh8-be4P-W3ot87hmuU

this is a faultiest, should not be a goal. According to the rules, the ball is in possession of the GK if the ball is between his hand and an other surface (either ground or foot). This is attacking of a GK with ball in possession and attacker should receive a yellow card for that.

Btw, I am on XBOX
  • AllenWalker
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited June 3
    The gameplay changes sound awesome :) .

But please know that the only mode I ever played in FIFA 19 was online friendlies against a friend, and after 2-3 months, it became extremely stale, having to play in randomized weathers and stadiums.

So, can you please bring these changes to Fifa 20:
    1. Ability to select stadiums, weather and time in online friendlies
    2. Overhaul online friendlies with multiple modes like the offline play’s new kick-off modes
    Just these 2 additions will make the online gameplay so much more fun.

I hope you do overhaul online friendlies 🙇🏻‍♂️. Otherwise we cannot enjoy another year of random weather, stadiums and same ol’ rules 😢😔
    Post edited by AllenWalker on
  • Fifa
    Could you please improve the pack luck in FUT because wow! Its really horrific .
    Hope you can understand
  • And also the tackling , its very slow & unresponsive .
    Could you please improve those
    These latency lags are out of control to be honest
  • I'm a beginner. In April I completed one year of FIFA. I concentrate on Ultimate.

After 3,500 matches I was able to map all types of hadcaps and momentums.

However, I have also identified that the game is programmed to generate various manipulations, both for and against. I took the time to understand these manipulations. They consist of:

1. Reduce / increase player stats
    2. Change the type of assistance configured in the control
    3. Reduction / increase in the accuracy of passes, kicks and especially, standing
    4. Changes in the actions / reactions and dispositions of players controlled by IA

I also noticed in which situations the EA activates these manipulations:

1. Transition games (rising from division in Rivals; Moving from Silver 2 to Silver 1 in the Weekend League, for example)
    2. In Rivals games with opponents who are not ranked for WL when you are ranked
    3. In games with beginning opponents, who are starting to play FIFA,

Sometimes we are able to overcome this manipulation, sometimes we can not.

This practice used by EA, which is likely to have commercial justifications, has exceeded its limits.

It affects the sense of justice that prevails in the concept of competitiveness of any human being.

As a consequence of this, you can not enjoy yourself, because in several situations, you do not accept what happened.

This reality implemented by EA has the main subject in the most diverse forums of the FIFA community, with importance equal to the problems of performance of the Servers, especially in the games of weekend.

I would like to ask: is this practice of manipulating games not being changed in FIFA 20?
  • I'm a beginner. In April I completed one year of FIFA. I concentrate on Ultimete. After 3,500 matches I was able to map all types of hadcaps and momentums. However, I have also identified that the game is programmed to generate various manipulations, both for and against. I took the time to understand these manipulations. They consist of:
    1. Reduce / increase player stats
    2. Change the type of assistance configured in the control
    3. Reduction / increase in the accuracy of passes, kicks and especially, standing
    4. Changes in the actions / reactions and dispositions of players controlled by IA

I also noticed in which situations the EA activates these manipulations:

1. Transition games (rising from division in Rivals; Moving from Silver 2 to Silver 1 in the Weekend League, for example)
    2. In Rivals games with opponents who are not ranked for WL when you are
    3. In games with beginning opponents, who are starting to play FIFA,

Sometimes we are able to overcome this manipulation, sometimes we can not.

This practice used by EA, which is likely to have commercial justifications, has exceeded its limits.

It affects the sense of justice that prevails in the concept of competitiveness of any human being.

As a consequence of this, you can not enjoy yourself, because in several situations, you do not accept what happened.

This reality implemented by EA has the main subject in the most diverse forums of the FIFA community, with importance equal to the problems of performance of the Servers, especially in the games of weekend.

I would like to ask: is this practice of manipulating games not being changed in FIFA 20?
  • please please please remove legacy defending once and for all
  • AgainGool
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Please put the server in Russia,enough to mock .We pay the same money as the others.
  • Valasco
    2 posts Ball Boy
    "Increased Error on Difficult Position Passing - 180 degrees, first-time, and pressured passes situations will now result in **slower/weaker balls**, making them less effective and easier to get intercepted by the opposing team"

This is both unrealistic and misguided from a gameplay balance point of view. Every player over the age it 14 can make any ground pass as hard as they'd like, what is difficult, what separates bad good and great players, is their ability to pass accurately in these situations. Under pressure passing accurately is very difficult as is making controlled first touches under pressure. This is the direction the game should go.

Slowing down (rather than making less accurate) difficult passes is A. Unrealistic. B. Encourages unrealistic and annoying defensive strategies. A sprinting defender may run faster than the ball itself (which has been the case in some past FIFAs). This discourages passing and interesting build-up play, and encourages extremely aggressive defending. "The ball moves faster than you can run" is a fundamental part of soccer strategy, reversing this to penalize one-touch and difficult passes is not the answer.

Handling this situation realistically has many benefits. A. Differentiates players with high passing and ball control ratings from lesser players, meaning FUT users may not choose players based solely on speed. B. Pressure and smart defending are rewarded by disrupting passes and first touches through a higher error rate.
  • Valasco
    2 posts Ball Boy
    "Increased Error on Difficult Position Passing - 180 degrees, first-time, and pressured passes situations will now result in **slower/weaker balls**, making them less effective and easier to get intercepted by the opposing team"

This is both unrealistic and misguided from a gameplay balance point of view. Every player over the age it 14 can make any ground pass as hard as they'd like, what is difficult, what separates bad good and great players, is their ability to pass accurately in these situations. Under pressure passing accurately is very difficult as is making controlled first touches under pressure. This is the direction the game should go.

Slowing down (rather than making less accurate) difficult passes is A. Unrealistic. B. Encourages unrealistic and annoying defensive strategies. A sprinting defender may run faster than the ball itself (which has been the case in some past FIFAs). This discourages passing and interesting build-up play, and encourages extremely aggressive defending. "The ball moves faster than you can run" is a fundamental part of soccer strategy, reversing this to penalize one-touch and difficult passes is not the answer.

Handling this situation realistically has many benefits. A. Differentiates players with high passing and ball control ratings from lesser players, meaning FUT users may not choose players based solely on speed. B. Pressure and smart defending are rewarded by disrupting passes and first touches through a higher error rate.
  • Pablofsi08
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 4
    Valasco wrote: »

100% agreed. You need to backtrack on this one EA.

1. 180º passes are perfectly doable with full strength in real life, while 180º shots are possible only if you want to break your hip.

2. You are undoing what you are changing from automatic defense by nerfing first touch passes. Why would a first touch pass be slower? if anything it always comes out fast in real life. Play some god damn football before you think about your changes to contrast coherence please, whoever is in charge of gameplay balance. The reason why first touch passes come out fast in real life (please try them) is the same reason why first touch shots get so powerful: the ball is coming at a speed already from the last pass, if the new pass is sent using the same strength as before the ball will always increase it's acceleration and movement speed in real life. If you increase the strength, you greatly increase the speed.

I can send strong passes back and forth in Fifa 19 and the speed keeps increasing as I keep resending the ball. In Fifa 20 I suppose the ball is actually going to become slower and slower up to a point that it is barely moving? lol, that is going to look so ridiculous. People will laugh and think you guys are totally out of touch with football.

3. You are penalizing people for creating quickly with passes which will greatly diminish the depth of this game.

4. Instead of changing first touch and 180º passes, nerf first touch shots, which ARE IN FACT BROKEN.
  • It's interesting that you both assume they'll completely nerf it, when I read that news I'm happy because I'm tired of seeing the type of passes and shots that if done in real life would literally break ankles or hips, let alone smashing into the top corner. You talk about unrealistic strategies, how about seeing someone do perfect first time passes 180 degrees, and then finish off with an incredibly powerful first time 180 degree shot?

I agree that for example if Pirlo is standing alone in the middle of the pitch and attempts a 180 degree pass that should be faster and have less error than if I tried that with a defender but I don't think there's any reason to assume that won't be the case so I think your worries are unwarranted for now.

Re the first time passes being slower, again I think you're reading into this wrong. It's to stop ping pong passing, every team can easily play like prime Barcelona just ping ping ping ping, perfect touches and perfect passes.

Complaining like you guys are before we even see anything is the reason nothing ever gets fixed, give it a chance. The current state is awful, the current situation is unrealistic.