Pitch Notes - Gameplay Beyond FIFA 19

Comments

• scalios
    47 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Dear EA, Dear EA_Andy,
    I play Fifa for 20 years (500 – 1000 games each year) and I know that it is impossible to please everyone. I am really glad that you share so much details. All changes sound really AWESOME, if they are balanced out.

I am especially glad, with the skill changes. I know it looks nice (and a lot of people rely on them), but it’s not realistic. I never saw any player doing 3 croqueta in a row, or a series of dragbacks followed by heal flicks and fake shots. Fifa should be about real football and not only about the craziest skill combinations.

Also the manual defending sounds amazing, which would also make it easier to defend against this skills. Jockey need more agility and manual defending must be more rewarding (no more or at least less balls bouncing back to the attack after a tackle, and better shot blocking and inceptions please!!!).
    Also please rework the AI player marking. It is inconsistent and often like amateur football.
    And also maybe even most important is that player switching gets improved. RS switching is much too slow and inconsistent.

1vs1 / Shooting is mainly this year a big problem. Goalkeepers are too overpowered (also in Penalties by the way since years!!!). Thx by the way for fixing the timed finesse shot!

Flick crosses should be more error prone, I think everyone agrees, just pity that it doesn’t get fix in Fifa 19 anymore.

180° passes and shots are also a problem since years, but I remember at the beginning of Fifa 19 and 18 it was great, but then people complained that passing was hard and it was changed again.

What’s missing in the pitch note from my point of view, is first touches are very inconsistent. I know with L1 (LB), it is more controllable, but in defense it is very hard to touch all the time with L1 especially when under pressure.

The main problem for you EA will be, if you make Fifa more realistic and realize these pitch notes in Fifa 20, people still will complain (it is also in the nature of the internet :smile: ). I hope you have some great testers, who give you constructive feedback (else you can ask me :wink: ).
  • Remember guys, this is FIFA, not Fortnite, not Apex Legends!

Some people want FIFA Street within FIFA it seems, sadly the kids have ruined both Pes and FIFA for me. All about packs and chained skills and magical goals, I remember the days when you scored a long range goal and you'd save it on your memory card to show people, now it's so common it's not even worth watching one replay of it.

Hopefully we can head towards more slow simulation style football, it's a game so obviously should still be fun to play but there needs to be a balance and right now it's way too far on the arcade side. The chained skills and lack of shot error are probably the worst things
  • corotex
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Since I feel that you are actually listening this year, I want to give you another perspecitve to deliver on your promises for next year. Kind of mad that you are not improving this years game though, there are a lot of things that could and should have been fixed months ago. FIFA 19 players should get a huge discount on 20 since this game seems to be a beta. But here we go:

1. Remove timed finishing and goalkeeper movement (you can keep it for free kicks and corners imo). Why is this still a thing? Everyone hates it, just remove it. I don't want you to be working on something that should never have been there to begin with. Don't waste your time on this.

2. Remove El Tornado. Again, just remove it. We don't need every skill move ever to be in this game. It's just too powerful. I like that other skill moves can't be spammed though.

3. The new elevated passing mechanic sounds fun BUT make sure there are enough animations to counter it. Otherwise this will be another OP mechanic.

4. Remove kick off glitch. I know that you haven't mentioned this yet, but it is very, very important. If this is still in next years game, I'm out. Can't deal with this every year man.

I love your new approach, but I've been playing every FIFA since 2003 and to be honest I've heard a lot of this before. Make it more than PR talk this time. Please.
  • Damian145
    1 posts Ball Boy
    You can add draft mode to single player.(form live)
    That would be great to play with friend on couch in same room. Fifa on party :)
  • alencrnalic
    44 posts Park Captain
    I'd like to see LEGACY DEFENDING being available in Online Gameplay.
  • desde ya me gustaria que mejoraran en fut y en especial atencion a las cartas especiales y desde mi punto de vista estoy y sigo observando en el mercado de transferencia unas irregularidades de comprar y venta de jugadores de cartas esepciales en fut desde hace ya varios años que se pasan monedas y en espacialmente sucede en dias de semana y en madrugada que se pasan monedas de otras cuantas de usuarios de pc y eso es perjudicial para aquellos usuarios que nos esforzamos jugando partidas y otros usuarios que hacen trampa pasando monedas en otras cuentas utilizando cartas especiales de jugadores, y es injusto tambien que cuando pongan eventos como ser los objetivos semanales en fut que no lo hagan mas en fut rivals y tampoco en online ya he notado que hacen trampas al jugar partidas en esos encuentros y es injusto ya que siguen con la metologia de hacer trampa en rivals y fut draft en online que hacen trampas ya sea terminando la partida antes del encuantro o haciendo autogol ellos mismos (me refiero a los usuarios contrarios) y que obtienen las recompensas sin haber ganado justamente o legitimamente quisiera en el proxima juego hagan cambios en estas cuestiones desde ya gracias.
  • MisterMiyagi91
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited June 1
    Hello my friends from EA, I am a German boy and I am waiting for a great career mode every year, please please let my wishes come true in Fifa 2020.

This would be so nice. <3 :D :D
  • Dangerge
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Firstly I'm happy with your modifications if it is so within the game.

But should review other important aspects to make the game more real and healthier.

About skills, it is something that needs to be improved to become more real, has skills that to do them, the player needs to be stopped, but in real life it is in motion. Example "Neymar stepover exit" a skill that can also do in movement and a correction in this skill ... the ball leaves front while the correct one would be the ball to leave the diagonal.
    Another skill "Okocha Stepover" a skill that the player does not have to do just being stopped.

1 example:
    2 example:

To make the player more identical to himself (at least with top players) both in his movements and in his skills. More specifics player skills, something like did with Neymar with his "Neymar Rainbow Flick" skill, so I feel like I'm really playing Neymar! Because in all others players 5-star skills i can hardly differentiate them, they all do the same! (Its was wrong to put el tornado in all 5-star players' skills. Should be like fifa 18, only a few had this ability.)

Improve speed differences. It's ridiculous to see a player of pace 95 ... lose to a player of 60! (I know this was done so there is no "pace abuse", but it can not be that way!)

And many other corrections must be made that have already been spoken here ..
  • We have serious problem in Fifa 19 with Goalkeepers. I must say that all Goalkeepers in Fifa 19 (Regardless on skills) can be very easily beaten (even on Legendary level. I played with my friends and I could score a lot of goals (mainly on World Class and Legendary) not only De Gea but also Neuer and other very good Goalkeepers (min. 6-8 goals in each 6-minutes match). Almost every shot in the penalty area and beyond it ended with scoring.

Please fix this problem with Goalkeepers and their skills (best already in Fifa 20), because my friends and me want to play in match and we want to have some serious challenges (real match football/soccer results and hockey results). We never did not have 1:0 or 2:0 result in Fifa 19.
  • scalios
    I'd like to see LEGACY DEFENDING being available in Online Gameplay.

PLEASE NO!!! Everyone wants a skill gap, no legacy defending!!!
  • scalios
    We have serious problem in Fifa 19 with Goalkeepers. I must say that all Goalkeepers in Fifa 19 (Regardless on skills) can be very easily beaten (even on Legendary level. I played with my friends and I could score a lot of goals (mainly on World Class and Legendary) not only De Gea but also Neuer and other very good Goalkeepers (min. 6-8 goals in each 6-minutes match). Almost every shot in the penalty area and beyond it ended with scoring.

Please fix this problem with Goalkeepers and their skills (best already in Fifa 20), because my friends and me want to play in match and we want to have some serious challenges (real match football/soccer results and hockey results). We never did not have 1:0 or 2:0 result in Fifa 19.

Then play online against others (rivals) and not against computer, and you will see that goalkeepers are too good. Especially 1vs1.
  • scalios

Improve speed differences. It's ridiculous to see a player of pace 95 ... lose to a player of 60! (I know this was done so there is no "pace abuse", but it can not be that way!)

You are kidding me, first you want realistic dribbling and then you want pace abuse which is not realistic at all.
    Hummels or Pique for example have around 60 pace. How often you see them get outrun?
    A player with the ball is slower than without the ball, even with high dribbling. So a 90 pace should be 80 or less when running with the ball.
  • EthanZ
    2 posts Ball Boy
    Remember guys, this is FIFA, not Fortnite, not Apex Legends!

Some people want FIFA Street within FIFA it seems, sadly the kids have ruined both Pes and FIFA for me. All about packs and chained skills and magical goals, I remember the days when you scored a long range goal and you'd save it on your memory card to show people, now it's so common it's not even worth watching one replay of it.

Hopefully we can head towards more slow simulation style football, it's a game so obviously should still be fun to play but there needs to be a balance and right now it's way too far on the arcade side. The chained skills and lack of shot error are probably the worst things

Are you delusional or are we not playing the same game??? There has never been more shot error in the history of fifa and you want more of it?

I do However 100% agree with your statement on long range shooting. it used to be an amazing thing when you pulled it off back in like fifa 11 or 12 but slowly over the years began becoming way too common.

i want to say that It wasnt until this year that skill moves were a problem and that is only because of the addition of ridiculously easy ones to pull off like la croqueta for example. Any idiot can spam la croqueta and that needs to be addressed but your attack on skillers is misplaced as skill moves are no where near as powerful as they used to be a few years back and if you do manage to learn all the skill moves you should be rewarded if you pull off skill runs that make sense and that are realistic
  • EthanZ wrote: »

Are you delusional or are we not playing the same game??? There has never been more shot error in the history of fifa and you want more of it?

I do However 100% agree with your statement on long range shooting. it used to be an amazing thing when you pulled it off back in like fifa 11 or 12 but slowly over the years began becoming way too common.

i want to say that It wasnt until this year that skill moves were a problem and that is only because of the addition of ridiculously easy ones to pull off like la croqueta for example. Any idiot can spam la croqueta and that needs to be addressed but your attack on skillers is misplaced as skill moves are no where near as powerful as they used to be a few years back and if you do manage to learn all the skill moves you should be rewarded if you pull off skill runs that make sense and that are realistic

Just because you can't read doesn't mean I'm delusional, where did I mention previous FIFA's having less or more shot error? Also how can you disagree with my opening comment and then agree with the following comment? Which is it? Shot error is the highest it's ever been or long shot goals are way too common now? Talk about a contradiction! I was mainly referring to Pes in the past anyway in terms of saving goals to memory card but it's all relative to the time, in Fifa 2002 I wasn't going to complain about shot error when football games were constantly improving in so many ways.

You sound like a tiny little kid scared that if the game doesn't auto assist help you you won't be able to score anymore.

Look at the stats for the top strikers in the world, including Messi and Ronaldo and see their shot accuracy. Messi 2018- 17.3% conversion rate. Now that's real life and this is a game, my point isn't match real life completely, my point is FIFA (and Pes) do an awful job right now of simulating football, just watch a FIFA match and try to count the amount of times you see something that wouldn't happen in real life.

"Skill runs that are realistic" see that every week in the premier League don't we? What we actually see is one or two skills, usually one of them being the initial one to escape a defender and then mainly body feints ball rolls or stepovers. But that's not a fair comparison because skills are mainly 5 star, so let's compare it to the champions League. In fact there's a little match tonight, we'll see how many "skill runs" there are?

Delusional skill people predictions- Son will do 20 roulettes and then scoop turn, Blanco hop and then shoot so realistic!!!11

Everyone else- we'll probably see stepovers, feints, ball rolls, attempted meg or two, Son may try something a little extra and Firmino loves a fancy pass or two but mainly its body feints, turns and fake shot/fake passes
  • Why for the fourth year in a row are you paying no
    Attention to the most underrated game mode in your game PRO CLUBS,

For years you’ve done small tweeks to it and never really done anything else which is frustrating as it brings so much fun to Fifa if only you implemented major changes to it

1. Let teams go up against computer teams in their own league
    2. Let teams earn money to buy better ANY players
    3. Implement a proper XP ladder with challenges and bonuses so that players have to play in every position eventually
    4. Make it more accessible and fair for solo players who just want to increase their rating. And not have to fight some ball greedy assassin in a drop in match
    5. Make it easy for players to recruit other players instead of using social platforms

Just a few ideas I’m sure others who love pro clubs may add to them

• Halftheroast123
    20 posts Ball Boy
    edited June 1
    The discussion about whether the keepers are too good or bad is funny, for years FIFA keepers are superhuman, making impossible saves BUT they've always had massive kryptonite style weaknesses that almost guarantee a goal. So both sides are right, they're simultaneously too hard and too easy to score against. It's just about using exploits. If you're playing cpu on hardest difficulty maybe they're too hard? I only play online and for me it's too easy to score

Off the top of my head what is missing-keepers diving to save a shot that goes just wide. I think right now even if it's a tiny bit wide they magically know and won't dive.

Can't really feel the difference between a world class keeper and an average one because they mostly all make the same saves and concede to the same type of goal

• Didako
    1 posts Ball Boy
    It's good to see that you listen to the community, but the best thing you can do to reach more simulation and less arcade is play some soccer and compare it to your game. Do 1st time passing is very dificult in real life, for top teams too. Because this you can't allow that all players have a good 1st touch pass every time in every position. Skills must be nerfed because in real life is so strange to see more than 5 dificult tricks, and in fifa19 is the way to play. All first touch movememts (shoot, cross, etc) must be more real and fail more often. Out of the box shoots must be more failing rating too, also is very rarely see big goals from any player out of the box in a single game, less spectacular goals and more realistic ones. And you must configure a play tempo more realistic and slow, not fast and 1rst touch based. Defense must can react to all attackers movement if you want to do it manual, and if the defender is near from ball trajectory try to intercept it and no only look the ball passing, in reall life its very dificult pass or shoot the ball between a lot of well positioned defenders. Also the refree must be more strict with some tackles from behind and for continuous fouls. Thanks and do your best and continue improve the game!
  • Hashonthebeat
    46 posts Last Pick at the Park

I totally agree with you, mate! EA, read this, please!
  • Karamell
    3 posts Ball Boy
    Also , the penalty kicks are so unrealistic , I`m sure I`m not the one who wants to have more possibilities to penaltyes . Ex: Driven shots with LB+RB+B to penalty , just because you can not shoot strong at the bottom . Another thing is that the penalty kicks are too easy to defend .. You just have to do <- or -> with the controller .. man .. if the ball goes up or down you save it .. doesn`t matter where u point with controller .. EX: If the opponent want to shoot straight up right , if you are goalkeeper you just have to point with the controller -> ( right) and the ball is defended .. man , normally is to point the controller RIGHT UP to save it .. I`m hoping you understand .
  • Pablofsi08
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 1
    Didako wrote: »
    It's good to see that you listen to the community, but the best thing you can do to reach more simulation and less arcade is play some soccer and compare it to your game. Do 1st time passing is very dificult in real life, for top teams too. Because this you can't allow that all players have a good 1st touch pass every time in every position. Skills must be nerfed because in real life is so strange to see more than 5 dificult tricks, and in fifa19 is the way to play. All first touch movememts (shoot, cross, etc) must be more real and fail more often. Out of the box shoots must be more failing rating too, also is very rarely see big goals from any player out of the box in a single game, less spectacular goals and more realistic ones. And you must configure a play tempo more realistic and slow, not fast and 1rst touch based. Defense must can react to all attackers movement if you want to do it manual, and if the defender is near from ball trajectory try to intercept it and no only look the ball passing, in reall life its very dificult pass or shoot the ball between a lot of well positioned defenders. Also the refree must be more strict with some tackles from behind and for continuous fouls. Thanks and do your best and continue improve the game!

I don't believe passing dynamics should be nerfed. The game does not need to be extremely equal to football reality, it has to be as good as a simulator as it may possibly be without affecting dynamic so that it becomes boring and dull.

I also don't believe it should be slower in other dynamics, for the same reason. I do think that first touch shots are a little bit too effective right now, though. The skill gap to execute those shots should be more steep in relation to player statistics, same goes for long shots, which should lose a little bit more precision when executed with shooting at 80ish.

Interceptions should not be boosted, just one little, little bit, or else, you are affecting the possibility of creativity in favor of more, and more power for automatic defense which we already have too much of.
  • henryclay1844
    914 posts Semi-Pro
    edited June 1
    Something that does not seem to be addressed here, is that for me the biggest problem with gameplay and the enjoyment of actually playing (I don't play online have have no interest in FUT) is the transition from purely stick based player movements, which I think are pretty good, to animation sequences that involve pressing a button. So an action on offense passing or shooting or on defense primarily tackling. There is a huge cut in the visuals when you start a pass or shot or tackle buttons that distorts the natural position you got into with the stick. This can lead to , unnatural actions where the animation breaks the game in a sense. The players foot goes through a ball or another player. The ball can even go through players some times. When tackling a player will teleport their feet to be in a position to make a tackle that they weren't in good position for. A player with their back to net can absurdly twirl and whip a shot in. It's these unnatural animations that upset us so much. The coding seems old here and the sequences too long. They haven't kept up with the improvements made with normal movement. You need to find a way to do transitions better more natural. There needs to be more error. If me or importantly the AI is not in a good position to shot or tackle, don't reward me or them with a poor quick transition in the animation that "fixes" a bad position. Hopefully then can cut some of the time for shooting and passing where I make an input and it seems to take too long to get the ball off costing me a chance. Hopefully we can restore character integrity and stop animations overriding the position of defenders by allowing the ball to pass through legs or even torsos via the animation process. Hope this makes sense.
  • Fabracher
    1 posts Ball Boy
    You should put the possibility of looking for opponents who play full maunuals in Fut, otherwise for fans of this way of playing they are penalized and often abandon fut immediately, like me .....
  • eladlad
    529 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Please give some attension to manual attacking aswell.
  • Cerbius
    5 posts Ball Boy
    @EA_Andy any chance the team could look at ball collision this is beyond a joke.

• Arch95
    1 posts Ball Boy
    REDENTE LA CARRIERA BELLA DI NUOVO
  • Ratomike
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Hi guys,

Being a console football player since the very first FIFA, I thought I would share my concerns about the FIFA title here.

1 - Online Friendlies
    As you know, it's great to play a game with your friends, even if they are not close. The most annoying thing in the latest FIFA's is that you cannot prepare (formation, tactics) your team in advance and you only have one minute to do it. You are able to do it in other online modes (FUT, Seasons) but not against your online friends, which is somehow nonsense.

2 - Online Seasons
    It's great to pick up you favourite team and play against other FIFA players to climb through the Divisions, but some more "realistic" rules should be applied. Locking your season to a team would allow to enable injuries and cards throughout the season, taking the Online Seasons to another level of planning.

3 - FUT
    What is better than picking up your favourite players and make a great team? The only setback is the quantity of overrated players. Football should be enjoyable, and you can't enjoy a game where a striker scores 4 of his 4 attempts with a one time shot, or a defender blocks/steals the ball every time. We have/had great players that can do magic, but converting every single player in a football master, leaves no room for actual football skills.

4 - Gameplay Pace

This is probably a more personal opinion, but I do feel the pace of the FIFA is becoming more and more like an arcade game than a simulation. In real football you do have fast counter strike teams but you also have slow paced teams, which will build up the game. Nowadays seems quite impossible to build up, due to the frenetic gameplay in place. Somehow this should be balanced, maybe by making the field "bigger"?

Thanks for your commitment to the game, which I do believe will go towards the direction we all want, or at least will give you options to choose from: Simulation Football vs Arcade Football

Rgds,

Ratomike
  • Fifagang
    2 posts Ball Boy
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    rim6uwp5cr32.png

Hello everyone,

We have just released a new pitch notes articles talking about updates on FIFA gameplay transparency.

You can read the full article here.

Let us know any thoughts you have about this in this thread.

• Fifagang
    2 posts Ball Boy
    On ne pourra plus enchaîner par exemple un hocus pocus suivit d une virgule ou meme d une roulette? J espère pas car j adore skillé c est ce qui me donne du plaisir a jouer au jeu
  • Wow seen so many chained skills in the first half of the champions League final so far, I take it back, they are very realistic!
  • Emroth wrote: »
    As an offline player, Im delighted to see Career Mode getting some love. Its long overdue.
    One thing - I know that you have to prioritise online and adjust your gameplay to mostly suits online players. And thats fine.. but I would love to see more options to edit gameplay for offline players.

I played Fifa19 Career with adjusted sliders, on slow speed. Even on slow it felt too fast. I would love to have an option to choose Very Slow speed, to make the game more realistic.

Also - my biggest issue this year was lack of AI fouls and physicality. AI tackles were near perfect and rarely resulted in fouls.
    Football game needs fouls. Its one of the basic things in football. I would love to see more physicality on the pitch.
    I understand that you have fluid, fast gameplay to suit online players.
    But it would be absolutely amazing to see few more slider options, that we could use to resolve the issue.
    If we had "COM Aggression slider", or something similar, everyone would be happy.

All the best.

All of this is precisely correct. I hate having to adjust sliders and gameplay speed with each game. Such a hassle. I know that FIFA tries to cater to three types of players (pro, experienced, casual or whatever they call them), but it would be extremely nice to see different gameplay styles to fit those. Similar to madden. Simulation style would be for pro and experienced. Arcade style would be for those casual players.

And a little off that topic, I would love to see some drastic changes to career mode. Needs to get me through a 4th season. I haven’t touched the game in about a month because it’s so repetitive (I only play CM). Hope to see some drastic, crucial changes here.