Pitch Notes - Gameplay Beyond FIFA 19

Comments

• Dear EA_Andy, what about Cross Platform? Because let's face it, is the game that will benefit the most from a cross platform environment since there is no people that has an advantage by playing with a mouse and keyboard.

But honestly what I'm interested in the most is pro club because I think has a massive potential and that is actually competitive, especially since there is a big community despite the fact that the mode has received just a few changes since FIFA 11.

• EA_Andy
    3130 posts EA Community Manager
    Dear EA_Andy, what about Cross Platform? Because let's face it, is the game that will benefit the most from a cross platform environment since there is no people that has an advantage by playing with a mouse and keyboard.

But honestly what I'm interested in the most is pro club because I think has a massive potential and that is actually competitive, especially since there is a big community despite the fact that the mode has received just a few changes since FIFA 11.

This thread is about the gameplay article we released yesterday - I don't have any info about anything else at the moment.
  • Pablofsi08
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    SLOWION wrote: »
    One thing that needs to be addressed is AI movement on the offensive side of the ball. Player movement into open space to receive a pass is very poor.

1. Pressing LB to tell a striker to Get in Behind will often result in the player running straight into single or double coverage rather than making the run into space.

2. When a run is not triggered, players often stand still behind (or next to) a defender instead of making an effort to move into open space.

3. There are also times when players such as a CAM will hit an "invisible wall" and refuse to move into open space, no matter how clear the path to goal.

4. There are also issues with players making "fake runs" where they will full on sprint and then suddenly stop without warning...assuming this is somehow related to the issue above.

These are just some examples but I hope you will look into further tuning of the offensive AI and having them make more realistic, football-like movements off the ball.

1. If you implement that you also have to tweak central defenders to follow the irregular trajectory of the attackers, further tweaking.

2. I agree that SHOULD be changed.

3. That happens due to the vision stat. Should be tweaked to make them use of the chances, but not advance when there's a space they can use ONLY TO get a profile to shoot.

4. That happens due to the vision stat too.
  • Pablofsi08
    edited May 31
    This is my list of suggestions:

-- Input Delay --

- Develop a P2P network code that does not reveal your IP to anyone aside from the server that seldom checks states and results.

I know this is a very tough one but a necessary one at the same time, and I am sure it is possible. Even implementing rollback predicting netcode is possible if you work on it, which would reduce the delay to it's minimum expression.

The server netcode and model is what is capping this game's performance in the eyes of everyone, in all aspects. I know it's there to ensure cheaters don't just DDOS their rivals, but I am sure you can find a solution to use P2P or rollback netcode and still not reveal the IPs of players. If not, devote a lot of resources, time and dedication to develop a P2P or rollback netcode, first in the world, that complies. Devote a portion of the money put on marketing, on a suffering game that is bad mouthed due to the servers model, to develop this alternative. Everyone will win, EA's owner and associates' wallets (by removing all servers for gameplay), the players (who will be able to host their own matches, reducing the travel time of data to a half and thus reducing current input delay to a half and even more, allowing playing Fut Champions locally among the same country, everyone getting from 10 to 30ms latency instead of 100, 150, 250ms latency that they get currently), your marketing efforts, your development efforts, your image, our times, future fifa titles, the competitive scene. Heck even presential tournaments and World Cups will have half the delay they have now. Remove the servers, bring P2P or rollback netcode somehow. This is the main reason everyone complains about the game.

I will explain now how server netcode and P2P/rollback netcode work regarding input delay. When data travels, very simply put, normally it takes only one path, the sending path, you connect to the IP of the server you want to reach and you send input data to it, which reaches it, and it produces a result which is immediately reflected on the webpage you are seeing. But guess what, on Fifa you have to send and then also RECEIVE an answer from the server, which means the data travels towards the server AND THEN HAS TO GO BACK TO YOU, it's a double travel time = double input delay. If reaching the server takes 150ms, one path traveling to it should actually take 75ms. If data only had to travel ONCE, the sending path, input delay would actually be at only 75ms (and this is the reason why the server model is very prehistoric and should be removed). If game developers and studios could get rid of servers in-between they would, it's just that the industry lacks a P2P code that does not reveal the IP still. The amounts wasted on hiring deficient, laggy servers is not economically efficient for EA or any other company.

P2P netcode WORKS WITH THE SENDING PATH ONLY, and yes, instead of 150ms you are going to get 75ms input delay with it. How?

When you directly connect to another player without a server in the middle, you and your rival send data to each other, at the same time, effectively taking out the RECEIVING part of the connection from the equation. When your opponent receives your data, you are receiving his at the same time, and right at that moment the action is ready to be displayed on the screen. Your console or PC does not have to wait for a second travel time. It GREATLY REDUCES INPUT DELAY. That is why Single Match feels SO MUCH LESS DELAYED THAN RIVALS OR CHAMPIONS, and why Seasons felt so much better than Rivals, BECAUSE THE OLD SEASONS AND NOW SINGLE MATCH USE P2P. The game has a P2P network code already implemented. It doesn't have to be developed from scratch, it just has to be improved with something to mask your IP, and we will be play with way less input delay than we are experiencing now.

Rollback netcode is the most advanced networking code developed in recent years. A lot of shooters make use of it to improve the accuracy of the actions displayed on screen and bullets hitting their targets, players complaining less about delay. It takes things one step further to compensate for travel time and latency by predicting how a specific action taken that is a result of a button press will turn out through a heavy state-processing and predicting model. Explaining that goes more into depth of how game states work but it would allow to reduce input delay even further, even lower than P2P.

It is a law nowadays to use it on fighting games and those that use it, such as Street Fighter 5, allow players that have a 150ms latency to play with only 1 or 2 animation frames of input delay, compared to 9 input delay frames from P2P, and about 18, 19 from servers-based netcode.
  • forearms
    4707 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 31
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Thanks for all the feedback so far.

I actually addressed some of the feedback in another post here.

Keep your thoughts coming.

I still dont understand why contain hasn't been removed entirely. It makes no sense whatsoever that a game that is supposed to be competitive, allows players to defend using the AI to completely control your players. If one uses contain, what input are they actually using to influence their defending? Strictly the AI, therefore not one user controlled input is being used.

I do understand that second man contain has to be involved or players could theoretically run time effectively by passing around without fear of a second defender pressing. It does need a slight nerf, but it is a necessary evil.

• The proclub mode has been the same for years now, especially with regards to the player's growth system and the increase in statistics, the bugs of the defense and the goalkeeper also present today. Please renew this method.
  • Pablofsi08
    There's another extra reason why servers are a deficient model in 2019. Peering is VERY bad or non-existent in most countries.

From Wikipedia:

"Peering:

In computer networking, peering is a voluntary interconnection of administratively separate Internet networks for the purpose of exchanging traffic between the users of each network."

That's it, peering is an interconnection between Internet Service Providers (such as your local communications company that gives you your internet connection and one from another country) which among other things, reduces input delay between the two companies, making communication way more efficient between those two countries. P2P takes advantage of this, servers do not most of the time. Why?

When it comes to the server based model, the ideal would be that the server and the players are equidistant to each other, but that never happens, the data has to travel to the server, and it has to wait for your opponent's data to reach it, then it has to send data back to both of you. If your opponent has a 250ms latency to the server, and you have 50ms to it, guess what, both players have 250ms because the actions on screen are displayed ONLY WHEN THE LAST OF YOU BOTH RECEIVES THE DATA, when both have received it.

Meanwhile, the action is waiting on your system until your opponent can display it on his. Add to this deficiency the fact that the input delay is double because the data has to travel forth and back, and it is equal to the input delay we have right now on Fifa. THAT IS WHY THE CONNECTIONS FEEL SO POOR AND SLUGGISH EVEN IF YOU HAVE A FIBER/FTTP CONNECTION. And add, on top of all this terrible ineptitude of the servers model, the fact that servers LAG ON PEAK HOURS and have INADEQUATE CONFIGURATIONS many times, as well as local bandwidth limitations in many countries due to high-traffic costs. This is exactly what Fifa is right now. You feel it every weekend. I too am completely tired of feeling like I can't defend, or create the offensive plays that I can in Squad Battles or playing against a friend on Friendly Matches. Add to this the irrational bounces, the still in works gameplay and we have Fifa.

Remove servers from the equation EA. Everyone will win.

P2P and rollback network code take full advantage of Peering. When you connect to a player through P2P or rollback netcode you do so directly, and if data would take 100ms to reach the server, it would take 50ms to reach your opponent directly under this model. A lot of ISPs nowadays connect to each other to simplify and make traffic cheaper, and faster. So, what happens when you have someone who lives in your country and you both want to play Fut Champions? Under P2P you connect to each other directly, with half the input delay, at speeds that are very close to offline (5 to 15ms). Data travels only one way, doesn't have to go back to you double traveling. Input delay is at 1 or 2 animation frames, which is absolutely almost unnoticeable.

What happens with Peering if you and your opponent are in the same country, say, Spain, and the servers are in the Netherlands, or if you both are in Argentina and the servers you connect to are in the USA or Brazil? That PEERING DOESN'T MATTER, DATA HAS TO TRAVEL TO THE USA AND THEN GO BACK TO SPAIN OR ARGENTINA AGAIN. This is happening to more people than we can find out, right now, and they don't know it's happening because they don't know that the game connects them this way.

Or say you are in New York and want to connect to someone in Oklahoma, and the servers are in Texas. Guess what, a server in between is apparently an efficient way to connect to your rival but NO, because you are still getting DOUBLE THE INPUT DELAY YOU WOULD GET BY CONNECTING DIRECTLY TO YOUR RIVAL EVEN IF THE CONNECTION WENT THROUGH A TEXAS TELECOM FIRST, because of how P2P network code works, as I explained above. Data travels only one way, doesn't have to go back, effectively making input delay less than if a server was in-between you both in Dallas.

Add to all this, the fact that a direct P2P connection to your opponent is only affected by both of your connections, and never by peak hour traffic or server configuration inadequacy. P2P connections are immune to peak hour lag, or lack of optimization on server configurations, or hardware limitations, or costs, or bandwidth limitations. You don't have to wait until night or have to get up early in the morning on saturdays and sundays hoping that not a lot of people are clogging the servers. You connect directly to your opponent and it is up to you and your opponent's network to be in normal conditions for the match to flow perfectly.

Even if one of the players is lagging and it is not optimal for both this way, the input delay should be less or nearly equal to what you experience with server based netcode. Most of the matches you play are against opponents who don't lag or are having packet loss, why should we also eliminate from our potential of playing comfortably, the higher frequency of having a good match with less delay, in favor of eliminating the possibility of one or two matches lagging due to having an opponent with an not optimal connection?

In the same tone, why would we eliminate P2P connections from the equation that favor a more frequent concurrence of lower input delay in more matches, in favor of eliminating the very, very rare possibility of someone finding out the IP of their rivals and DDOSing them?

Okay, after reaching this point of my exposition I would like to say this: If, in the case it is not possible to develop a P2P netcode that does not reveal the IP of your opponent: GIVE US THE OPTION TO CHOOSE WHICH MODEL OF CONNECTION WE WANT TO PLAY UNDER, SERVERS OR P2P, THROUGH AN IN-GAME OPTION, in all game FUT game modes.

Simple. If I am a player that often reaches Gold 3 or 2, I am not going to get DDOsed. Hundreds of thousands of people will not risk their contracts with their ISPs in order to win 10 Champions matches. And if I know this, I can take the risk. I can choose to play my matches, with adequate matchmaking (another suggestion I have) that looks for people near me or preferably from my country/states close to mine only or firstly at least, taking advantage of local peering, with a P2P connection, by choosing so on the matchmaking options menu screen. Then I can go back to servers for safety if I go past, say, Gold 2 and I'm at Gold 1, nearing Elite 3 by choosing the servers option. Of course, if such an option was to be implemented, it would have to display a warning on-screen clearly stating that it is under my risk to choose to play on P2P with my IP revealed.

But ideally, you can develop a P2P netcode that somehow masks the IP, at least to the common DDOS brat. I know you can with so much devoted to marketing. Devote some of that to research on this P2p code.
  • Hashonthebeat
    46 posts Last Pick at the Park
    What about CPU fouls? Absolutely absent in 19, absolutely! I almost throw a party every time I get a free kick.
  • mfmaxpower
    74 posts Park Captain
    I really appreciate this communication. Of what's mentioned, my biggest concern is that the changes to the AI and defending will make Career Mode and playing single player even easier than it already is.

For several years now, a number of us have quit playing the game soon after release because there's no challenge playing CM. We've provided feedback and been told it would be looked into, without any improvement.

Now hearing that defending and the AI will be a focus of change going forward, I just hope our feedback isn't ignored again. For me, the ease of being able to score against the CPU in CM is a massive issue, and I hope these changes don't make that even worse.
  • Hashonthebeat
    mfmaxpower wrote: »
    I really appreciate this communication. Of what's mentioned, my biggest concern is that the changes to the AI and defending will make Career Mode and playing single player even easier than it already is.

For several years now, a number of us have quit playing the game soon after release because there's no challenge playing CM. We've provided feedback and been told it would be looked into, without any improvement.

Now hearing that defending and the AI will be a focus of change going forward, I just hope our feedback isn't ignored again. For me, the ease of being able to score against the CPU in CM is a massive issue, and I hope these changes don't make that even worse.

I strongly agree. Then again, if the CPU decides it wants to win the game, you're losing - it's inevitable. That's another issue for me.
  • b00st88ch
    57 posts Park Captain
    @Pablofsi08 wow finally a guy that knows how it should be. Great posting.

Little annotation to your text EA should upgrade the tickrate min. 60hz I see it in my router and it's far away from like "Battlefield" tickrates for smoother gameplay experiience I'm not sure if tickrate is also involved in P2P but when you decide to stay dedicated upgrade tickrates at least min. 60hz
  • Pablofsi08
    edited May 31
    -- Input Delay --

- Include an optional numerical latency indicator that we can toggle on/off from the main options menu to replace the 1 to 5 bars indicator.

I don't know how in 2019 there is not an option for this. Probably because people would find out what their real latency to the less than optimal servers is -exactly-, but it is a very necessary feature that needs to be in for us to optimize our connections, for example, choosing when to play and knowing exactly when we are getting less latency at what time of the day, or which local ISP is giving us less latency (ideally through P2P to local rivals...).

If P2P is brought back:

- Provide an indicator of how many frames of input delay we are getting before each button press under that latency.

For when we are in doubt if our opponent is trying to purposefully lag the match and we want to know on the lobby whether to accept the match or not:

- Provide an indicator, contrasted between his connection and a check server, if his latency is varying wildly, with a red warning: "Opponent is having a bad connection/is losing packets", when he is.

-- Connection --

- Create a reconnection feature for all FUT modes, with a 2 or 3 minutes leniency time to get back to the game, while the AI takes control of the disconnected players.

I still don't understand why this has not been introduced yet and even you, EA, said it would be but you stepped back and didn't explain why. It HAS TO BE IN THE GAME, otherwise, competitive is not really competitive, if players are losing Champions wins just because they can't reconnect to a lost game due to a temporary packet loss.

-- Gameplay --

- Remove contain and/or automatic defense from Central Defending Midfielders (CDMs)

This fulfills two important objectives:

- Decreases the gap between skilled players using formations other than 4-2-3-1 and beginners who use it, reducing also the frustration and desperation that this position creates in all creative offensive plays.
    - If they want to have 6 defenders, forces people to learn how to defend with at least two, which will result in a higher skill standard for the common user.

It also makes playing other formations way more viable, balancing the 4-2-3-1 formation which is pretty broken. Most players, including people who have no idea of how to manually defend, as well as many pros and competitive players, use the 4-2-3-1 formation because of how abysmally great it is just due to the positioning of the players on the pitch to defend, not even needing to touch them much. This is clearly broken and along with the already recognized as such, broken automatic defense and contain, make this formation too good and others too poor or risky.

This change would go hand in hand perfectly with the contain nerf and tackling from the back nerf you are already implementing in Fifa 20. CDMs are too good currently at tackling and getting from behind. Couple this with a card like Van Dijk or Militao tackling you from behind, driven automatically. It would be best to remove automatic defense from CDMs and CMs altogether.

If it cannot be removed for X or Y reason, at least nerf it further for CDMs more than you will for the first line of defense.
    Post edited by Pablofsi08 on
  • forearms
    4707 posts National Call-Up

That's what sliders are for?
  • Pablofsi08

The AI in Legendary and Ultimate difficulty can be completely different in limitations from the AI displayed by the regular automatic defense.
  • Hashonthebeat
    EA, just keep offline players in your thoughts when you develop 20. Thanks.
  • b00st88ch
    57 posts Park Captain
    Little suggestion about "Reconnect Mode"? you have 2min. to reconnect to the game if you don't then you get the lose and your opponent gets the win. Because so many glitch disconnects are little bit too much.
  • Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Amazing update, hopefully EA actually stick to their guns here and implement things properly. Fully agree with everything they posted, can't believe people are complaining about the skills, go play fifa street. How many times have you seen a "chained skill" in a real match?

Additional points

1) remove timed finishing, no point having it
    2) for pro clubs especially do something about stock defenders competing Vs 6"5 99 rated pros in the air, every match is just a spam cross and header fest
    3) stamina! Again for pro clubs, high pressure from 99 rated pros running up and down the pitch all game long

A lot of times I've seen and I do chained skills. Mobility as well as vision aside from running speed should be favored, not prevented. I agree that the Croqueta should be individually nerfed to have a higher chance of failing instead of making executing one skill after the other more error prone. You are killing one side of depth of the game if you forbid it it in general.

In real professional football you've seen chained skills? I think we're saying the same (or I hope I do) I don't think it should be banned or stopped, if I've got a 5 star skillful player then there's no reason I can't do a step over and roulette, but that's not my point, when have you ever seen a roulette to rainbow flick to perfect volley like this game is so far from simulation it's ridiculous, and even a stepover to roulette should have way more error even with a 5 star skiller, especially if they're under pressure from a defender
  • Pablofsi08
    -- Gameplay --

- Reduce a little bit (emphasis on a little bit) the explosive acceleration of running forward when a through pass is sent

Right now it's a little bit too fast so it causes defenders, and especially slower than the fastest ones to not be viable to use. I know casuals need to get some goals but everyone needs to learn a little bit more creativity to be able to score. Right now, and in many situations, I have to actually start running (earlier and very earlier before or during a through pass, and pair this with the fact that players take a little bit too long time to turn around their backs when the pass has already been sent or even before it is sent), with my defender. This needs to be addressed.

- Improve the speed at which you can switch from one player to another one using the right stick, especially when cycling through defenders.

Too often I know where a goal assist is going to go, but there is a 1/2 second delay included in the game, when I switch to a player using the right stick, before I can move to the cursor to the next player, and I can't reach my defender in time. I suppose this is to prevent input delay from making the cursor to slide towards an unwanted defender far from the one you need. You can remove that delay before moving to the next player with the cursor using the right stick completely, or give us an option (for people who know and when to stop pressing the right stick under delay) to fast switch through defenders.

Another scenario where this affects is when you are defending a pair or more of players that are passing constantly hoping for one of them to start running forward. You have to quickly go and cover the passing line then quickly switch back to contain the player with the ball, and there can be successive changes of direction and possessor of the ball which you need to cover in time switching with the right stick, which we have discussed in previous pages.

I don't know why the right stick has a delay but the L1 button doesn't when switching players.

- Allow Central Midfielders to occupy the Central Defender Midfielder position dynamically

Be it through a team tactic, an individual instruction, or only through the analog directionals, but I want to be able to instruct my CMs to act defensively as a CDM does, only temporarily, while my team is on the back. Is there a reason why we can't assign defensive tactics to our CMs/CAMs? All teams in the world of real football instruct the CMs to act as CDMs, it's a common thing. It would make the 4-4-2 formation which I use, viable defensively.
  • Pablofsi08
    edited May 31
    In real professional football you've seen chained skills? I think we're saying the same (or I hope I do) I don't think it should be banned or stopped, if I've got a 5 star skillful player then there's no reason I can't do a step over and roulette, but that's not my point, when have you ever seen a roulette to rainbow flick to perfect volley like this game is so far from simulation it's ridiculous, and even a stepover to roulette should have way more error even with a 5 star skiller, especially if they're under pressure from a defender

We are saying the same thing in fact. I don't think you should be able to do a tornado then a heel to heel but you should be able to croqueta twice, then heel to heel, then standing fake shot, then L1 fake shot, shoot, or heel to heel then do an elastica without any problem. It's up to EA to find out, under a logical basis, which skills cannot be chained. But we cannot forbid chaining them all.
  • Unemesis
    50 posts Park Captain
    All these changes look really exciting!

I would like to hear if these changes will impact the CPU in all single game modes, especially in Squad Battles, at the moment the AI is not affected by many things a human player does, ie:

- Stamina drain. You can see full backs, cdms, cms and wingers running from one side to the other, tracking runs, most of the match playing with drop back or that kind of team press that only the AI can play with, but their stamina is not impacted as the players controlled by humans.
    - Perfect positioning on the pitch during the whole match, especially near and inside the box where defenders press every attacker and seems to have more than 99 reactions/interceptions.
    - Full backs and cdms coming back to defense at more than 99 acceleration/pace.
    - Difficulty tune. Playing on professional difficulty against a low chemistry/rating squad, sometimes seems like playing on legendary difficulty. Also the fourth team with 98/100 chemistry on professional difficulty is hard as any other of the teams on legendary, even for squad of only gold rare players.

PS: please add more single player modes and rewards, let us play in the small and big leagues with our FUT teams, something like career mode with all the progression through the local leagues and qualification to all different cups like the Champions League, not like seasons which is linear and static.

Keep up with the good job!
  • Pablofsi08
    edited May 31
    -- Gameplay --

- Fix the bug that makes any player override their instructed defensive position.

When you instruct a player to Don't go offensive and Stay behind they still often go on the offensive leaving a nice hole on your defense, particularly when they have the Offensive work rate High. It happens a lot with CMs, CBs and LB/RBs.

- Allow CAMs and MCs to incorporate a new tactic: Constant Position Variation when on the third quarter of the pitch.

A tactic that allows a Cruyff-like varying constantly the position of these players from left to right, covering open spaces constantly, would allow extreme creativity and very distinct outcomes for matches, and their "choreographies", these positions constantly looking for a profile to shoot or to get a pass, automatically, going from up to down if you want on the pitch, and not just always running forward in a straight line, where you can't quickly vary the attack positions of more than one player by controlling him and moving towards the desired direction. When you control a player that goes to the left/up side, your other teammates position themselves on the other side, or dynamically looking for an action radius where they are free, in open space, in reference to the rivals. This would easily balance further CDMs nerfing the prevalence of their positioning, precisely because AI can't dynamically look for chances moving to opposite directions on the pitch. It would also bring full beautiful creativity on chances, and their outcomes. Pair that with a better bouncing system and the fact that tackling from behind will be nerfed, and we have a beautiful Fifa next year.

- As someone already mentioned, make runs look for open space and a free "action radius", not always run in a straight line.

This would make for way more delicious offensive plays and thus, fun. Although, the defenders have to track the player that is running in irregular trajectories adequately and both works need to be made to implement it.

- Make header outcomes more position and timing based than height based, Reduce the effectiveness of height.

- Improve the position and ability to fast switch to a defender that is going to go mark an attacker going for a header, both on a run.

This is being covered already, but unless we have a fast, no delay player switching with the right stick as I suggested, it still won't work as you intend. We need to be able to switch players with the right stick immediately, as fast as possible, with no delay in-between like the half second there is right now. Needs to work like L1 speed but with the right stick.

- Create a dribbling mechanic that does not involve the right stick, that is only executed with the left stick, that increases in efficiency and ball control speed and accuracy through the Dribbling and Ball Control stats.

Have you seen those players like Messi that have a great control of the ball, being able to constantly change the direction of the ball, stop it many times, and change again, and again direction, within a small space? You could create a mechanic of dribbling that worked this way, allowing you to dribble and leave the rival behind only with the left stick, constantly changing the directions and moving forward at the right time, and he would need to select the right direction with timing and press the circle button to stop you. I would LOVE something like this on Fifa and it would make the game feel way more realistic when dribbling. This kind of dribbling should be based on the Dribbling and Ball Control stats and Agility should be removed, that way, only players with a high Dribbling and Ball Control stat would have a better possession and perform this dribbling much better, compared to roadrunners/sweaties who are getting high agility stats and good control of the ball without really having ability.
    Post edited by Pablofsi08 on
  • Pablofsi08
    -- Gameplay --

- Further increase the stamina drain from using High Pressure and doing long runs/constantly pressuring with CDMs.

- Increase the penalization for each chemistry point lost, and using less than 10 chemistry. At the same time, keep the substitute players with 8 chemistry when they come in, and allow people to make substitutions with 10 chemistry.

I'm often turned off from using substitutes just because I feel my players react sub-standard when they have less than 10 chemistry. Why not remove the restriction of 8 chemistry for any substitute when the substitute does achieve 10 chemistry with his teammates around?

- Important: Base your shooting accuracy on your possession + passing accuracy.

This comes to balance many things:

- People who clearly have less understanding of the game mechanics, getting a goal through one or two only shots to the goalie, that came from a bounce, from an overly explosive run, or a inexplicable bounce of the ball, be it because it stumbled on one of your CBs the wrong way after an offensive play that got intercepted but the ball was sent towards an rival attacker. This way, if the rival has played poorly the whole match, if he has 35% possession and 82% pass accuracy (and you can make it even based on the number of shots he has taken), his shooting accuracy should be reduced automatically to a coefficient of a reduction calculus made based on that.

This:

- Differentiates further between skill gaps
    - Introduces a sense of justice and competitiveness to the game
    - Reduces frustration by A LOT
    - Improves matchmaking efficiency
    - Improves the image of the game
    - Forces people to learn things other than running, passing once then shooting
    - Compensates for other current or future issues regarding irrational bounces, tackles, defending issues, delay

The formula is up to you to create. It could be possession + passing accuracy + a set number = shooting accuracy.

For those wondering if simply keeping possession most of the match would defeat your opponent, comes my next suggestion, and also, we have High Pressure to take the ball back quickly.

- Make it so passing accuracy is greatly reduced when more than 12 or 15 passes have been sent only and exclusively on the second quarter of the pitch, behind your opponent's side, or make it based on the number of passes made by the defenders towards other defenders.

For when people want to "reset this count" by sending one pass to a midfielder on your opponent's side then back to the defenders, the defenders "passes count" shouldn't reset/we have High Pressure to get the ball back.

- Make a lower stamina reduce shooting accuracy and power.

This penalization to people who just run and run all match should be boosted by a penalization sooner, in a lesser degree, when you are at 40% percent of your stamina. This way, people will be forced to take a way closer look at their stamina usage.

- Make all actions in the game use stamina up, not just running.

Shooting, passing, losing the ball, falling, being knocked partially to the side by a defender, missing a huge scoring chance, should all bring a stamina use. Your stamina should be a way more key factor in the game, as it is in real football. You see Messi saving his explosive energy by walking on the pitch, midfielders often advancing with the ball slowly instead of sprinting, CAMs slowly approaching the line of defense, and there are many other examples of how stamina in the real world is kept and saved way more than in Fifa, it plays a key factor and is not something that you can just spam. Any professional player knows this well.

• Pwe
    1 posts Ball Boy
    These changes are a great start, but I want to see them go back to a more personalized career mode much like the one they abandoned after Fifa 16.
  • Simon345
    1 posts Ball Boy
    If this turns out to be true OMG 🔥🔥 firee (we want new pro clubs features also please😃)
  • Pablofsi08
    -- Gameplay --

- Create more pass animations, looking to make the flow of the plays more dynamic and different.

You see players use the side of the foot to send a pass quicker, or because the ball is closer or is coming towards that side of their foot and they need to send a first attempt pass, why not increase the flow of the game introducing new pass animations such as this one? animations with the heel, sliding (but more than the ones we have now), with the tip of the foot, with the weak foot, there are many possibilities and you even have some that were on previous Fifas that are not on the newest one that you can bring back to increase the variety and create new situations and possibilities.

- Motion capture the movements of all players that can get a board/are walkouts.

Just like you did with Ronaldo, Messi, Sterling and others. This should take a looong time to implement, but when you finish, this will be the greatest football simulator ever, the g.o.a.t. This is A WORLD of change, and brings another world of uniqueness to Fifa. Many cards with unique moves, unique speeds and ways to protect the ball, unique dribbling, passes, speeds on passes, on dribbling, shooting poses, speeds, even accuracy allocated to each type of animation, timing for the defenders, the variety and the creativity would be awesome. AWESOME. Ask that player to perform dribbles that they believe are unique to them, so that you can capture them. And in the same tone as this, comes the next suggestion.

- After each card gets a unique set of motion capture, establish a unique skill move for each card.

Can you imagine how AWESOME and how much more value a card, even a non-rare gold or a silver card, would have if each card, of the most renowned, skillful players in the world, had a UNIQUE DRIBBLE OR SKILL only that card could execute? do you imagine the richness and variety that would bring to the gameplay?
  • Why is timed finishing still in.I get what you guys are saying...finishing requires skill..ok yes it does...so does giving a good pass.....might as well add timed passing too?....you see why it doesnt make sense to have timed finishing in the game....the whole point of stats is that depending what stats your player has, thats how good he will do whatever command you’re asking him to do...rather that be shooting passing tackling whatever it may be. If your saying you add time finishing because finishing requires skill, so does almost anyting else you do on the pitch. You guys might as well add timed everything🤷🏻‍♂️

Goalkeeper movement...first of all before you added this in you should have fixed goalkeepers to begin with because they are terrible. The amount of times the ball is moving so slow but my goalie decides to push it out for a corner(we all know what happenson corners) instead of just catching it. Or even on crosses where he should have been easily able to catch it...nope he just punches it for no reason even if hes by himself with no attackkers around him...and of course the ball lands right to another attacker to just shoot it in. Also the amount of times you replay a goal just to see the goalie bend his wrists backwards to feel like he purposely let the ball in is ridiculous. If goal keeping is tuned properly it might be all right...the key is tuned properly. The thing is realistically goalies react to the shoot they dont move around and leave the striker space...the most of a guess a keeper does is a slight lean towards one side. Adding goal keeper movement makes it that much harder for a striker to score...in real life a decision is taking with in a split second of where you plan to shoot...well in fifa with timed finishing and all the button combinations we dont have a split second to perform the action we want like we do in real life...thats why i would remove goalkeeper movement and again let them just work based on their stats like any game with stats should work.

• Ehh i like the patch ideas, but i havent found an idea about Kick off glitches.
    Is that gonna have also a patch in fifa20
  • Karamell
    3 posts Ball Boy
    1. I want in the next FIFA less hackers.( in the fut drafts )
    2. The speed between players to be more visible.
    3. The free kicks are not so realistic .. and it`s so hard to score from free kicks .. the effect of the ball almost can not be seen . I remember the free kicks from FIFA 07 , those free kicks was awesome .
    SO, I`m hoping the FIFA 20 will be better from all points of view .
  • Hashonthebeat
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Amazing update, hopefully EA actually stick to their guns here and implement things properly. Fully agree with everything they posted, can't believe people are complaining about the skills, go play fifa street. How many times have you seen a "chained skill" in a real match?

Additional points

1) remove timed finishing, no point having it
    2) for pro clubs especially do something about stock defenders competing Vs 6"5 99 rated pros in the air, every match is just a spam cross and header fest
    3) stamina! Again for pro clubs, high pressure from 99 rated pros running up and down the pitch all game long

A lot of times I've seen and I do chained skills. Mobility as well as vision aside from running speed should be favored, not prevented. I agree that the Croqueta should be individually nerfed to have a higher chance of failing instead of making executing one skill after the other more error prone. You are killing one side of depth of the game if you forbid it it in general.

THIS^
  • Hashonthebeat
    Remember guys, this is FIFA, not Fortnite, not Apex Legends!