Most solid formations at this point?

Lax22
171 posts Sunday League Hero
So what are most people using right now? just went from div 1 to 3... nothing is working for me.

I tried the 4231, but i just cant seem to score with it, its just do defensiv, how do you make this formation more for offensiv play?

Comments

• Pocketsquareguy
    5880 posts Big Money Move
    Have one of your cdms free to attack at will.
  • Grown93
    3556 posts National Call-Up
    Is probably the edition of the game that i dont have yet a formation that make me comfortable to play.

Since fifa 14 i was a 433/4231 but this year i struggle a lot with 4231. Tried 4 or 5 setups and my teams play ****.

433 is a mess bc my wingers dont stay involved to much and annoys me. Tried couple diferent instructions and nada..
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    12143 posts Has That Special Something
    41212 narrow. Was using 4231 narrow for most of the year long before every man and his dog started using it so changed things up as playing against that formation pretty much every game made me sick of looking at it. Haven't looked back since as it opens up more attacking options yet doesn't suffer defensively.
  • Empyrium7
    2832 posts Fans' Favourite
    41212 narrow. Was using 4231 narrow for most of the year long before every man and his dog started using it so changed things up as playing against that formation pretty much every game made me sick of looking at it. Haven't looked back since as it opens up more attacking options yet doesn't suffer defensively.

What about the sides ?
    I love attacking against 4-1-2-1-2 narrow but it's a nightmare to defense against.
  • JohnDoe
    11310 posts Has That Special Something
    Empyrium7 wrote: »

What about the sides ?
    I love attacking against 4-1-2-1-2 narrow but it's a nightmare to defense against.

41212(2) is a bad formation to defend with, full stop. I've been using it since the start, and I am fully aware my goal is to outscore my opponent, because I know I'll end up conceding eventually. It's not a good formation from a defensive standpoint, but attacking with it is easy and it can be a lot of fun.
  • Empyrium7
    I don't see it fun unless your FBs join thr attack. Even with that, I feel the only way to attack is forward and it feels like a ping pong fest. Good skillers (La Croquetta) succeed in this formation.

I'm not that good with skill moves, I prefer to play slow wide playstyle. It gives variety to your attacks but you get hurt hard on the counter
  • juliuscaesar8
    545 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have finally settled on the 4-4-1-1. Lots of goals through the middle, but hardly any goals coming from the wingers. I have one CM free roam and the other stay back while attacking...giving a nice defensive shape while having enough passing options in the final third.
  • JohnDoe
    I don't see it fun unless your FBs join thr attack. Even with that, I feel the only way to attack is forward and it feels like a ping pong fest. Good skillers (La Croquetta) succeed in this formation.

I'm not that good with skill moves, I prefer to play slow wide playstyle. It gives variety to your attacks but you get hurt hard on the counter

People on this forum can vouch for my ineptitude at skilling. I use the 41212(2) because it’s easier to pass the ball around and find players open. I also like having 2 strikers and a CAM, makes it easier to attack.

About the fullbacks thing, that’s definitely an option, but I’m usually attacking with my strikers, CAM and CMs most of the time. I have enough options going forward, and, as such, I set my fullbacks to stay back. I rarely ever cross, though, so if I did, I’d probably prioritize having attacking fullbacks.
  • Empyrium7
    JohnDoe wrote: »

People on this forum can vouch for my ineptitude at skilling. I use the 41212(2) because it’s easier to pass the ball around and find players open. I also like having 2 strikers and a CAM, makes it easier to attack.

About the fullbacks thing, that’s definitely an option, but I’m usually attacking with my strikers, CAM and CMs most of the time. I have enough options going forward, and, as such, I set my fullbacks to stay back. I rarely ever cross, though, so if I did, I’d probably prioritize having attacking fullbacks.

And how do you break the 4-2-3-1 park the bus low width combo ?
    I find it really hard to break opponents that park the bus with a narrow formation. That's why my main formation usually have a LM and RM
  • Empyrium7
    I have finally settled on the 4-4-1-1. Lots of goals through the middle, but hardly any goals coming from the wingers. I have one CM free roam and the other stay back while attacking...giving a nice defensive shape while having enough passing options in the final third.

SBC Hamsik becomes my favorite player in this formation at CM
  • JohnDoe
    JohnDoe wrote: »

And how do you break the 4-2-3-1 park the bus low width combo ?
    I find it really hard to break opponents that park the bus with a narrow formation. That's why my main formation usually have a LM and RM

It’s beatable with passing. Your players always find space one way or another. Having players with good passing everywhere makes this formation easier to use.
  • mway
    1404 posts Professional
    After changing so many times from my point of view the best formation is 4-3-3. With all 3 CM going up and down ( mine are Rabiot, Vidal and Firmino ) Anyway formation depends on the way you play. My wingers are the key in this formation, they also go up and down. Shaqiri Scream ( 99 stamina, 5 skills, so strong, quick, great dribbling ) and Willian joins the midfield too when necessary. My team plays the system "give the ball to the Korean that he will score". God bless Son.