Weekly objectives are really bringing out the worst in people...

Cphilly13
170 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Doin the saudi one atm, 1 guy names his team 1st goal, same as mine. Not surprisingly he doesnt quit...
Second guy same thing except he brings on 3 icons at 1 down... he scored 2 n went ahead, i scored and quit i was actually fuming...never gotten so triggered! Ea can do a lot of things wrong but people like this are whats wrong with the game...

Comments

  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11306 posts Has That Special Something
    Tbh I don't bother with most of these objectives unless there's a player I actually want so don't really care but why do people feel entitled to find a cheap way of doing these objectives?

    Everytime there's an objective there's always threads like these popping up and as much as it's not very good sportsmanship, you can't blame people just for seeing a match out and not quitting. Why not just do the objectives properly?
  • munchie63
    2860 posts Fans' Favourite
    thing is, I called my team 1stgoalwins

    three games i went ahead.....none of them quit. After that I started to think fk it and played the game out.

    I did use 2 Icons, but only used them in games when the oppo paused at ko to do the same.

    not sure how many games this took me, but it wasnt nice. Only had 2 decent games - both times no icons used, and one fella quit when he went behind. The rest were just a slog with some horrible antics
  • Cphilly13
    170 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Tbh I don't bother with most of these objectives unless there's a player I actually want so don't really care but why do people feel entitled to find a cheap way of doing these objectives?

    Everytime there's an objective there's always threads like these popping up and as much as it's not very good sportsmanship, you can't blame people just for seeing a match out and not quitting. Why not just do the objectives properly?

    Not the point though... the point is if you put up golden goal you respect it...
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11306 posts Has That Special Something
    Cphilly13 wrote: »
    Tbh I don't bother with most of these objectives unless there's a player I actually want so don't really care but why do people feel entitled to find a cheap way of doing these objectives?

    Everytime there's an objective there's always threads like these popping up and as much as it's not very good sportsmanship, you can't blame people just for seeing a match out and not quitting. Why not just do the objectives properly?

    Not the point though... the point is if you put up golden goal you respect it...

    It really is the point though. As I said yes it's bad sportsmanship but you have to understand that this is online gaming and you assume because some stranger you have never even spoke to let alone met before has his team named first goal wins that he's actually going to quit if you score? Are you new to online gaming?

    But back to my point why not save yourself the hassle of getting triggered and frustrated by just completing the objectives as intended? Why do you feel you're entitled to a short cut?
  • mhh1981
    2256 posts Fans' Favourite
    Agree with above - I don’t bother with objectives especially if what u need to do is tiresome but I agree, some people just like winding others up
  • Cphilly13
    170 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    munchie63 wrote: »
    thing is, I called my team 1stgoalwins

    three games i went ahead.....none of them quit. After that I started to think fk it and played the game out.

    I did use 2 Icons, but only used them in games when the oppo paused at ko to do the same.

    not sure how many games this took me, but it wasnt nice. Only had 2 decent games - both times no icons used, and one fella quit when he went behind. The rest were just a slog with some horrible antics

    Maybe im just old fashioned, not trying to use it as an exploit i genuinely dont have the time to finish them all so i pick the ones i like... n ill always give someone a win if they deserve it... shame the players are that petty.! Half the posts on this forum are giving out about ea but then u get knobs on the game like this n when u say it u get told to do the objectives properly...
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Cphilly13 wrote: »
    Tbh I don't bother with most of these objectives unless there's a player I actually want so don't really care but why do people feel entitled to find a cheap way of doing these objectives?

    Everytime there's an objective there's always threads like these popping up and as much as it's not very good sportsmanship, you can't blame people just for seeing a match out and not quitting. Why not just do the objectives properly?

    Not the point though... the point is if you put up golden goal you respect it...

    Have to agree. Was once a time when people respected the golden goal rule. Now people would sell their nan to stop you getting an objective done, those guys are an embarrassment
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11306 posts Has That Special Something
    Cphilly13 wrote: »
    munchie63 wrote: »
    thing is, I called my team 1stgoalwins

    three games i went ahead.....none of them quit. After that I started to think fk it and played the game out.

    I did use 2 Icons, but only used them in games when the oppo paused at ko to do the same.

    not sure how many games this took me, but it wasnt nice. Only had 2 decent games - both times no icons used, and one fella quit when he went behind. The rest were just a slog with some horrible antics

    Maybe im just old fashioned, not trying to use it as an exploit i genuinely dont have the time to finish them all so i pick the ones i like... n ill always give someone a win if they deserve it... shame the players are that petty.! Half the posts on this forum are giving out about ea but then u get knobs on the game like this n when u say it u get told to do the objectives properly...

    I hate EA just as much as the next person mate but this one really isn't their fault at all.

    All I'm trying to say is why not save yourself the hassle of getting wound up and just do the objectives properly and if someone decides to quit when you go a goal up then that's a bonus. You can't just rely on the word of some stranger online and especially in the FIFA community.
  • Cphilly13
    170 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Cphilly13 wrote: »
    Tbh I don't bother with most of these objectives unless there's a player I actually want so don't really care but why do people feel entitled to find a cheap way of doing these objectives?

    Everytime there's an objective there's always threads like these popping up and as much as it's not very good sportsmanship, you can't blame people just for seeing a match out and not quitting. Why not just do the objectives properly?

    Not the point though... the point is if you put up golden goal you respect it...

    It really is the point though. As I said yes it's bad sportsmanship but you have to understand that this is online gaming and you assume because some stranger you have never even spoke to let alone met before has his team named first goal wins that he's actually going to quit if you score? Are you new to online gaming?

    But back to my point why not save yourself the hassle of getting triggered and frustrated by just completing the objectives as intended? Why do you feel you're entitled to a short cut?

    If two people agree to something they agree to something... if i had the time to complete the objectives i wouldnt be fussed but its a game, supposed to be fun... everyone complains about us all getting screwed with overpriced sbcs n ludacris objectives n then we get something we can work with, but when people who dont have the time to put into the game get screwed because someone wont honour their word it triggers me... u dont have to agree dude just low in my opinion
  • Thunder001
    470 posts Sunday League Hero
    Cphilly13 wrote: »
    Not the point though... the point is if you put up golden goal you respect it...

    The trouble is you can't find a game if you don't put it as everyone quits out before you start.
  • Murphdogz
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's a game.you play to win.YOU might have a golden goal rule don't mean the person your playing does.to get me to quit you would have to go 4 up.as always possible you can come back.you can't blame or moan because people won't quit when you score a goal.its a football game you play to win.you play until the final whistle.the only person in the wrong here is you for expecting people to quit because of your user name and your golden rule.

  • CBrueggs15
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    5 games I scored first, they all quit - have some faith!
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11306 posts Has That Special Something
    Cphilly13 wrote: »
    Cphilly13 wrote: »
    Tbh I don't bother with most of these objectives unless there's a player I actually want so don't really care but why do people feel entitled to find a cheap way of doing these objectives?

    Everytime there's an objective there's always threads like these popping up and as much as it's not very good sportsmanship, you can't blame people just for seeing a match out and not quitting. Why not just do the objectives properly?

    Not the point though... the point is if you put up golden goal you respect it...

    It really is the point though. As I said yes it's bad sportsmanship but you have to understand that this is online gaming and you assume because some stranger you have never even spoke to let alone met before has his team named first goal wins that he's actually going to quit if you score? Are you new to online gaming?

    But back to my point why not save yourself the hassle of getting triggered and frustrated by just completing the objectives as intended? Why do you feel you're entitled to a short cut?

    If two people agree to something they agree to something... if i had the time to complete the objectives i wouldnt be fussed but its a game, supposed to be fun... everyone complains about us all getting screwed with overpriced sbcs n ludacris objectives n then we get something we can work with, but when people who dont have the time to put into the game get screwed because someone wont honour their word it triggers me... u dont have to agree dude just low in my opinion

    I'm not disagreeing that it isn't low and I've said numerous times that it's bad sportsmanship but this is the FIFA community so what do you really expect?

    For what it's worth if it was me I would honour the agreement but that's just the type of guy I am. The last time there was one of these threads it actually ended up with me going on and putting my team name as first goal wins and giving out 20 free wins just to help others out. Messed with them a bit aswell having my main team load up on the loading screen when they were using Serie A common golds but scored an OG at KO and quit.

    All I'm saying is in the future be prepared to do the objectives properly as they're up for a full week and if others decide to quit and help out then its a bonus. Will save alot of hassle and frustration and you will probably find it easier to complete.
  • Mizzle
    620 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Murphdogz wrote: »
    It's a game.you play to win.YOU might have a golden goal rule don't mean the person your playing does.to get me to quit you would have to go 4 up.as always possible you can come back.you can't blame or moan because people won't quit when you score a goal.its a football game you play to win.you play until the final whistle.the only person in the wrong here is you for expecting people to quit because of your user name and your golden rule.

    Did you even bother to read any of the posts? Or did you just assume you know what you're talking about?

    OP is complaining that the other players he faces that have Golden Goal or whatever as THEIR name, arent quitting. They have it as theres and expect the person to quit if they score, but they arent doing it themselves
  • 3MenandaBebe
    2652 posts Fans' Favourite
    What if One person has it and one doesn’t?

    Is the one not named first goal wins expected to quit?
  • Mizzle
    620 posts An Exciting Prospect
    What if One person has it and one doesn’t?

    Is the one not named first goal wins expected to quit?

    No I wouldn't say so
  • Cphilly13
    170 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What if One person has it and one doesn’t?

    Is the one not named first goal wins expected to quit?

    If we dont both have the same name or agreement its fair game if u accept the match...
  • Cphilly13
    170 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Cphilly13 wrote: »
    Cphilly13 wrote: »
    Tbh I don't bother with most of these objectives unless there's a player I actually want so don't really care but why do people feel entitled to find a cheap way of doing these objectives?

    Everytime there's an objective there's always threads like these popping up and as much as it's not very good sportsmanship, you can't blame people just for seeing a match out and not quitting. Why not just do the objectives properly?

    Not the point though... the point is if you put up golden goal you respect it...

    It really is the point though. As I said yes it's bad sportsmanship but you have to understand that this is online gaming and you assume because some stranger you have never even spoke to let alone met before has his team named first goal wins that he's actually going to quit if you score? Are you new to online gaming?

    But back to my point why not save yourself the hassle of getting triggered and frustrated by just completing the objectives as intended? Why do you feel you're entitled to a short cut?

    If two people agree to something they agree to something... if i had the time to complete the objectives i wouldnt be fussed but its a game, supposed to be fun... everyone complains about us all getting screwed with overpriced sbcs n ludacris objectives n then we get something we can work with, but when people who dont have the time to put into the game get screwed because someone wont honour their word it triggers me... u dont have to agree dude just low in my opinion

    I'm not disagreeing that it isn't low and I've said numerous times that it's bad sportsmanship but this is the FIFA community so what do you really expect?

    For what it's worth if it was me I would honour the agreement but that's just the type of guy I am. The last time there was one of these threads it actually ended up with me going on and putting my team name as first goal wins and giving out 20 free wins just to help others out. Messed with them a bit aswell having my main team load up on the loading screen when they were using Serie A common golds but scored an OG at KO and quit.

    All I'm saying is in the future be prepared to do the objectives properly as they're up for a full week and if others decide to quit and help out then its a bonus. Will save alot of hassle and frustration and you will probably find it easier to complete.

    Fair enough... n i dont usually have a go about these things on the forum, but it got to me tonight. With regards to the time it takes to do them, i work 50+ hours a week n have a family, all i wanted was to get like minded people to do the objective with me so it didnt take too long for something that will be gone in 4 months, just wanted to have fun...
  • Cphilly13
    170 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Murphdogz wrote: »
    It's a game.you play to win.YOU might have a golden goal rule don't mean the person your playing does.to get me to quit you would have to go 4 up.as always possible you can come back.you can't blame or moan because people won't quit when you score a goal.its a football game you play to win.you play until the final whistle.the only person in the wrong here is you for expecting people to quit because of your user name and your golden rule.

    Both teams have golden goal mate, if one doesnt n i play i dont expect someone to quit after going down...
  • RascalinHere7
    2062 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yea OP I agree ....the fifa community is soooo toxic man ..... I had 3 guys out of the 5 games do the same to me. When I went up by 1/2 goals they subbed on their icons to try and prevent me from winning. I was a step ahead of them and my Saudi team is a full TOTS team so their icons had no success doing nothing, I just made them rage quit i after I went up by 3/4 goals. SMH pathetic people.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11306 posts Has That Special Something
    Cphilly13 wrote: »
    Cphilly13 wrote: »
    Cphilly13 wrote: »
    Tbh I don't bother with most of these objectives unless there's a player I actually want so don't really care but why do people feel entitled to find a cheap way of doing these objectives?

    Everytime there's an objective there's always threads like these popping up and as much as it's not very good sportsmanship, you can't blame people just for seeing a match out and not quitting. Why not just do the objectives properly?

    Not the point though... the point is if you put up golden goal you respect it...

    It really is the point though. As I said yes it's bad sportsmanship but you have to understand that this is online gaming and you assume because some stranger you have never even spoke to let alone met before has his team named first goal wins that he's actually going to quit if you score? Are you new to online gaming?

    But back to my point why not save yourself the hassle of getting triggered and frustrated by just completing the objectives as intended? Why do you feel you're entitled to a short cut?

    If two people agree to something they agree to something... if i had the time to complete the objectives i wouldnt be fussed but its a game, supposed to be fun... everyone complains about us all getting screwed with overpriced sbcs n ludacris objectives n then we get something we can work with, but when people who dont have the time to put into the game get screwed because someone wont honour their word it triggers me... u dont have to agree dude just low in my opinion

    I'm not disagreeing that it isn't low and I've said numerous times that it's bad sportsmanship but this is the FIFA community so what do you really expect?

    For what it's worth if it was me I would honour the agreement but that's just the type of guy I am. The last time there was one of these threads it actually ended up with me going on and putting my team name as first goal wins and giving out 20 free wins just to help others out. Messed with them a bit aswell having my main team load up on the loading screen when they were using Serie A common golds but scored an OG at KO and quit.

    All I'm saying is in the future be prepared to do the objectives properly as they're up for a full week and if others decide to quit and help out then its a bonus. Will save alot of hassle and frustration and you will probably find it easier to complete.

    Fair enough... n i dont usually have a go about these things on the forum, but it got to me tonight. With regards to the time it takes to do them, i work 50+ hours a week n have a family, all i wanted was to get like minded people to do the objective with me so it didnt take too long for something that will be gone in 4 months, just wanted to have fun...

    Try again tomorrow night and hopefully you have better luck. Anyway good luck with the objective and hope you get it done before it expires.
  • SinkXI
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    The honouring of the golden goal rule goes right out the window when the opponent la croquets from the kick off into the net.
  • Saiber_Summia
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Cphilly13 wrote: »
    Tbh I don't bother with most of these objectives unless there's a player I actually want so don't really care but why do people feel entitled to find a cheap way of doing these objectives?

    Everytime there's an objective there's always threads like these popping up and as much as it's not very good sportsmanship, you can't blame people just for seeing a match out and not quitting. Why not just do the objectives properly?

    Not the point though... the point is if you put up golden goal you respect it...

    It really is the point though. As I said yes it's bad sportsmanship but you have to understand that this is online gaming and you assume because some stranger you have never even spoke to let alone met before has his team named first goal wins that he's actually going to quit if you score? Are you new to online gaming?

    But back to my point why not save yourself the hassle of getting triggered and frustrated by just completing the objectives as intended? Why do you feel you're entitled to a short cut?

    I see your point, but honestly this type of objective are time consuming, rarely enjoyable and in general with visible side effects to your WL or DR reward quality.

    I do not see anything wrong in trying to make them easier or -more important- quicker. Could be a bit naive but I tend to say that even from people u never were in touch before u could expect a minimum of fairness in respecting the explicit proposal made in their “team name”...

    But indeed, it’s probably a bit naive ;)
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13250 posts Has That Special Something
    Had similar issues myself, people not honouring the "1st goal wins" even though they're suggesting they would...

    If they refuse to leave, I hold onto the ball at the back until I give up a goal, if my opponent makes it 1-1 I just quit out so none of us get it....if they're gonna be ****, then tough luck eh...waste my time and I'll waste yours
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11306 posts Has That Special Something
    Cphilly13 wrote: »
    Tbh I don't bother with most of these objectives unless there's a player I actually want so don't really care but why do people feel entitled to find a cheap way of doing these objectives?

    Everytime there's an objective there's always threads like these popping up and as much as it's not very good sportsmanship, you can't blame people just for seeing a match out and not quitting. Why not just do the objectives properly?

    Not the point though... the point is if you put up golden goal you respect it...

    It really is the point though. As I said yes it's bad sportsmanship but you have to understand that this is online gaming and you assume because some stranger you have never even spoke to let alone met before has his team named first goal wins that he's actually going to quit if you score? Are you new to online gaming?

    But back to my point why not save yourself the hassle of getting triggered and frustrated by just completing the objectives as intended? Why do you feel you're entitled to a short cut?

    I see your point, but honestly this type of objective are time consuming, rarely enjoyable and in general with visible side effects to your WL or DR reward quality.

    I do not see anything wrong in trying to make them easier or -more important- quicker. Could be a bit naive but I tend to say that even from people u never were in touch before u could expect a minimum of fairness in respecting the explicit proposal made in their “team name”...

    But indeed, it’s probably a bit naive ;)

    Definitely naive mate it's the FIFA community we're talking about here 😂
  • Cphilly13
    170 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yea OP I agree ....the fifa community is soooo toxic man ..... I had 3 guys out of the 5 games do the same to me. When I went up by 1/2 goals they subbed on their icons to try and prevent me from winning. I was a step ahead of them and my Saudi team is a full TOTS team so their icons had no success doing nothing, I just made them rage quit i after I went up by 3/4 goals. SMH pathetic people.

    See i dont mind either having a full saudi tots or pause at the start n bring on icons or whoever (i have neither just a standard crappy saudi league team)... its the not honouring the fact that both teams say golden goal. 4 out of 5 now, hopefully i get back on before friday! Good luck everyone hope u dont have the toxic experience ive had ;)
  • you're supposed to complete the objectives fairly and competitively .

    don't have the time to do them ? then tough !

    it's supposed to be a reward for achieving something not a free hand out .

    You are cheating the system and then complaining about it .

    wonderful .

    cheating is not acceptable .
  • TheArchitect
    941 posts Professional
    Cphilly13 wrote: »
    Doin the saudi one atm, 1 guy names his team 1st goal, same as mine. Not surprisingly he doesnt quit...
    Second guy same thing except he brings on 3 icons at 1 down... he scored 2 n went ahead, i scored and quit i was actually fuming...never gotten so triggered! Ea can do a lot of things wrong but people like this are whats wrong with the game...

    I dont even want to play against teamnames like first goal wins. I skip that immediately
  • Sterve
    602 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I really enjoyed doing this objective. I get time is a factor - your own mindset is what you can control. If they quit fine if not you already 1-0 up so most of these games you should be able to close out.
Sign In or Register to comment.