Anderlecht - The Prince Is Back

WelshWizard
343 posts Sunday League Hero
Title.png
Full name :- Royal Sporting Club Anderlecht
Nickname(s):- Purple & White, Sporting (Dutch:- Paars-wit; French:- Les Mauves et Blancs)
Founded:- 27 May 1908
Ground:- Constant Vanden Stock Stadium Anderlecht, Brussels Capital-Region
Capacity:-22,500
Chairman:- Marc Coucke
Sports Director:- Michael Verschueren
Technical Director:- Frank Arnesen
Manager:- Vincent Kompany

History.png

Founded in 1908, the club first reached the highest level in Belgian football in 1921–22 and have been playing in the first division continuously since 1935–36 and in Europe since 1964-65. They won their first major trophy after World War II with a championship win in 1946–47. Since then, they have never finished outside the top six of the Belgian first division. They are ranked 12th amongst all-time UEFA club competition winners, tenth in the International Federation of Football History & Statistics continental Clubs of the 20th Century European ranking and were 41st in the 2012 UEFA team rankings. In 1986, they achieved their best UEFA ranking with a joint first place with Juventus.

They are the most successful Belgian football team in European competitions, with five trophies, as well as in the Belgian domestic league, with 34 championship wins. They have also won nine Belgian Cups and hold the record for most consecutive Belgian championship titles, winning five between the 1963–64 and 1967–68 seasons

Last-Season.png

table.png

Comments

• WelshWizard
    edited May 21
    Squad.png
    GK
    23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png #1 Thomas Didillon - 23yrs 78OVR
    23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png #13 Davy Roef - 25yrs 75OVR
    23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png #23 Yehvann Diouf - 19yrs 67OVR
    Defenders
    23px-Flag_of_Honduras.svg.png #2 Andy Najar - 26yrs 74OVR
    23px-Flag_of_Senegal.svg.png #6 Kara Mbodji - 29yrs 75OVR
    23px-Flag_of_The_Gambia.svg.png #16 Bubacarr Sanneh - 24yrs 71OVR
    23px-Flag_of_Croatia.svg.png #15 Antonio Milic - 25yrs 71OVR
    23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png #5 Sebastiaan Bornauw - 20yrs 72OVR
    23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png #4 Vincent Kompany - 33yrs 82OVR
    23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png #22 Elias Cobbaut - 21yrs 71OVR
    23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png #3 Tyrell Malacia - 19yrs 72OVR
    22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png #24 Dodo - 20yrs 73OVR

Midfielders
    20px-Flag_of_the_Democratic_Republic_of_the_Congo.svg.png #14 Edo Kayembe - 21yrs 68OVR
    23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png #21 Leander Dendoncker- 24yrs 80OVR
    23px-Flag_of_Austria.svg.png #8 Peter Zulj - 26yrs 75OVR
    23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png #25 Albert Sambi Lokonga - 19yrs 70OVR
    23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png #20 Sven Kums - 31yrs 76OVR
    23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png #18 Yari Verschaeren - 17yrs 73OVR
    23px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png #28 Takefusa Kubo - 18yrs 69OVR
    23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png #10 Angel Gomes - 18yrs 72OVR

Fowards

23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png #17 Alexis Saelemaekers - 20yrs 74OVR
    23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png #7 Francis Amuzu - 19yrs 74OVR
    23px-Flag_of_Croatia.svg.png #9 Bruno Petkovic 24yrs 75OVR
    23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png #11 Zakaria Bakkali - 23yrs 72OVR
    23px-Flag_of_the_Republic_of_the_Congo.svg.png#24 Silvere Ganvoula - 23yrs 71OVR
    23px-Flag_of_Ghana.svg.png #33 Mohammed Dauda - 21yrs 68OVR

Transfers.png

19/20

In

Bruno Petkovic - Bologna - £9.75m
    Charly Musonda - Chelsea - £11.5m
    Dodo - Shakhtar Donetsk - £5m
    Angel Gomes - Manchester United - £5m
    Yehvann Diouf - ESTAC Troyes - £1.35m
    Takefusa Kubo - F.C. Tokyo - £1.85m
    Tyrell Malacia - Feyenoord - £5m

Total 39.45m

Out

Isaac Kiese Thelin - Real Sociedad - £4.25m
    Pieter Gerkens - Besiktas - £10m
    Josue Sa - SM Caen - £5.5m
    Frank Boeckx - Norwich - £1m
    Dennis Appiah - Hellas Verona - £2.35m
    Adrien Trebel - Sevilla FC - £8.1m
    Knowledge Musona - Standard Liege - £2.45m
    Ognjen Vranjes - OGC Nice - £3m
    Luka Adzic - Sheffield Wednesday - £1.6m
    Yevhen Makarenko - Burnley - £3.15m
    James Lawrence - RB Salzburg - £2.2m
    Ivan Santini - Cagliari - £3.8m
    Ryota Morioka - Genoa - £3.9m

Total £51.3m
    Post edited by WelshWizard on
  • WelshWizard
    edited May 20
    news-1.png
  • WelshWizard
    tran-1.png

Charly Musonda has emerged as the number one target for new Anderlecht manager Vincent Kompany. Born in Brussels to Zambian parents, Musonda started his career at Anderlecht's youth setup before joining Chelsea in June 2012 along with his two older brothers. On 29 January 2018, Musonda joined Celtic on an 18-month loan deal. The loan agreement was terminated in May 2018, as Musonda had not received sufficient playing time. On 31 August 2018, Musonda joined Eredivisie side Vitesse on a season-long loan after missing out on his parent club Chelsea's 23 man squad for the Premier League but has sat out the entire season with injury,

Isaac Kiese Thelin is the first player sold this summer by Anderlecht but he is not expected to be the last as Anderlecht begin major overhaul after missing out on European football for the first time in 56 years. Kiese Thelin joins Real Sociedad for £4.25m.

Frank Arnesen expects to have a very busy summer with ins and outs as well as the battle to keep some players from the clutches of clubs around Europe. he said "There has been months of planning for this summer and they will be some movement from us, There is a budget and funds from outgoings have been made available. Talks with Vincent have been very productive and we all agree on the direction we have to take, as everyone can see this will be a huge summer for us but I believe the work we have put in really puts us in a good position to deliver what Vincent will need. Ask on the potential interest in Dendoncker Arnesen said "If the interest amounts to serious offers we will have to consider them with Leander and do what's best for the club."
  • WelshWizard
    tran2.png

Charly Musonda has rejoined the club on a 5 year deal for £11.5m. The exciting winger is hopeful of getting game time and becoming a first team regular after struggling with injury last season. Technical Director Arnesen said "Charly has returned and most probably left too early but at this vital point in his development and career we feel we can give him the chance to kick on and for him to be a key part of how we want to play going forward. He fits the profile we are looking for."

Bruno Petkovic has joined from Bologna on a 4 year deal for £9.75m The 6'4 striker had spent last season on loan at Dinamo Zagreb where he manage to score 9 goals in the league. Kompany said on the transfer "Bruno is hard working and of course offers a great deal physically in both boxes but he is much more than that. A great dribbler and team player he will be a great addition and complement what we have in our other forwards."

12 players have been sold with Gerkens the surprise transfer. Arnesen said "Pieter Gerkens was in our plans and we were very reluctant to sell but Besiktas were very determined and Pieter wanted to go when we let him know about the offer. It leaves a hole in our plans so we are working towards filling the gap we feel we have in the role with current injuries and a lack of players who we feel can fill the role currently at the club. Many of the sales were months in the planning as many were away on loan last season with the view of sales this summer for various reasons."

Pieter Gerkens to Besiktas £10m
    Josue Sa to SM Caen £5.5m
    Frank Boeckx to Norwich £1m
    Dennis Appiah to Hellas Verona £2.35m
    Adrien Trebel to Sevilla FC £8.1m
    Knowledge Musona to Standard Liege £2.45m
    Ognjen Vranjes to OGC Nice £3m
    Luka Adzic to Sheffield Wednesday £1.6m
    Yevhen Makarenko to Burnley £3.15m
    James Lawrence to RB Salzburg £2.2m
    Ivan Santini to Cagliari £3.8m
    Ryota Morioka to Genoa £3.9m
  • WelshWizard
    transfer-3.png

Angel Gomes signs for £5m from Manchester United. Gomes made his first-team debut for Manchester United back in 2017 but has since had very little chances he feels. Gomes is keen to develop as a player and feels that more outings for United's Under 23s is not helping him. The lure of first team has been enough to persuade him to join Anderlecht. Frank Arnesen said "When Angel became available we had to make a move, we feel he will suit us very well. It was a battle as you expect, there was loads of interest in him but we managed to present a package that interested him with the main part of playing time."

Malacia and Dodo join to compete at Full back each costing 5mil. Kompany said "We had limit options at the club with only 2 full backs at the club. Dodo and Malacia were right at the top of our targets and we are please to be able to have them at the club, we hope they will be successful for a long time at the club."

Anderlecht look to the future with Yehvann Diouf and Takefusa Kubo signing. In August 2011, Takefusa Kubo had been invited to join FC Barcelona’s youth Academy, La Masia, and had been progressing up the youth levels until he became ineligible to play for the club due to Barca violated FIFA’s international transfer policy for under-18 youths. He returned to Japan on March 2015 in search of playing time, He joined FC Tokyo U-18 team in 2016. Diouf has represented the France U19s at the 2018 UEFA European Under-19 Championship.

• Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    I didn't know Vincent Kompany was a Sith lord. ;) All kidding aside, good luck with this story and looking forward to learning a little bit about Anderlecht.
  • WelshWizard
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    I didn't know Vincent Kompany was a Sith lord. ;) All kidding aside, good luck with this story and looking forward to learning a little bit about Anderlecht.

Thanks. Being a United fan he definitely has been on the dark side for most of his career. :)
  • WelshWizard
    AUG.png

• WestardLord
    1366 posts Professional
    Some good-looking results and goals.

I'm unable to see the images in this thread. Is that happening to anyone else?

Problem with the upload?
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Good start to the season, it looks like Gomes is fitting in nicely.

@WestardLord I am able to see the images on my phone.
  • Danimal5981
    2092 posts Fans' Favourite
    I was thinking of picking up with Ajax in the summer of 2019 with the already known mutations, but chose to do a smaller league for now. Glad to see somebody picked up on the idea. Anderlecht and Ajax are bonded somewhat, so in Belgium they have my sympathy.
  • Ashy
    8838 posts League Winner
    I've been expecting someone to do a player manager story with Kompany and see you got onto that quickly haha, he's a natural leader, a big game player and will be massive for the club, some interesting signings I like Musonda and Gomes coming in, talents and will light up this league.
  • WelshWizard
    Some good-looking results and goals.

Thanks.
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Good start to the season, it looks like Gomes is fitting in nicely.

He's quickly becoming the main man especially with his late run in the box.
    I was thinking of picking up with Ajax in the summer of 2019 with the already known mutations, but chose to do a smaller league for now. Glad to see somebody picked up on the idea. Anderlecht and Ajax are bonded somewhat, so in Belgium they have my sympathy.

Ajax would be very interesting. Their current recruitment seems to filling the high profile expected sales.
    Ashy wrote: »
    I've been expecting someone to do a player manager story with Kompany and see you got onto that quickly haha, he's a natural leader, a big game player and will be massive for the club, some interesting signings I like Musonda and Gomes coming in, talents and will light up this league.

Took a while to decide what I wanted to do but the Kompany story really caught my eye.
    Hope I can keep Musonda and Gomes for a bit but will be allow them to move on to bigger clubs if the offers come in.
  • WelshWizard
    month-2.png

• Dean
    840 posts Semi-Pro
    Always good to see a story from a lesser known league. Very nice start on the pitch, should definitely be looking towards the title with no distractions of European football.
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Good start for Kompany's managerial career. I'm curious how FIFA will handle the playoffs in the Belgium league?
  • WelshWizard
    Dean wrote: »
    Always good to see a story from a lesser known league. Very nice start on the pitch, should definitely be looking towards the title with no distractions of European football.

Thanks. It's very different to what I'm used to. Games seem nicely spread out and no cup till December.
    Good start for Kompany's managerial career. I'm curious how FIFA will handle the playoffs in the Belgium league?

They seem to be spot on which is surprising. Will be interested when they start but does make it weird knowing your points will get halved.
  • bjornini
    3391 posts National Call-Up

If you end up in the first 6, it is spot on.

However, finishing 7th or lower just ends the season after 30 games in FIFA. Completely negating the play-off system
  • DB1512
    291 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good transfers you made and great start of the season. Very talented squad, especially in midfield with Verschaeren, Kubo and Gomes.
  • Ashy
    8838 posts League Winner
    edited May 26
    All seems to be going well, top of the league after 8 games and by the looks of it you could well dominate the league, I'm not quite sure how the play-off thing works in Belgium I know a lot of these smaller leagues have weird end of season play-offs instead of a proper consistent table with a winner at the end.