Prem defenders weekly assist challenge

Dochter
152 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I am really going to struggle with this one as I have an average EPL team in Div 5.
Looking from some advice on the best way to approach this. Any useful ideas on strategies, tactics, formations or players would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Dochter
    Argh double post. Can a mod delete one please
  • Gnomenclature
    3624 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah, this is a tough challenge. Honestly, I was shooting at will to get as many corners as possible - I had my fullbacks take the corners. Also, i was using the "attacking fullbacks" tactic on the d-pad in game. Just spamming in crosses to fb ibra lol. Took awhile, but got it done.
  • LiamSully
    6187 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah, this is a tough challenge. Honestly, I was shooting at will to get as many corners as possible - I had my fullbacks take the corners. Also, i was using the "attacking fullbacks" tactic on the d-pad in game. Just spamming in crosses to fb ibra lol. Took awhile, but got it done.

:joy: took a while?!?

It’s only been live 15 hours
  • Gnomenclature
    3624 posts National Call-Up
    LiamSully wrote: »

:joy: took a while?!?

It’s only been live 15 hours

Lol, good point. I played a **** ton of Dr today though... didn't have points for weekend league - submitted them last week and didn't play lol.

I like playing division rivals during weekend league - the gameplay is slightly better and the competition is a lot less sweaty.
  • Recoba
    4009 posts National Call-Up
    41212-2 with fullbacks on join the attack
  • Zambo9
    5190 posts Big Money Move
    Also take your defenders to pick up corners
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13615 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 18
    I did it using NIF Luke Shaw :D
    Put him at left ST in a 41212(2) (swapped IG obv)

Put him on my corners too, which helped. I managed it in about 8 games, division 3/4
  • grabberpresident
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Lukaku 💪😁
  • Zambo9
    5190 posts Big Money Move

Put him on my corners too, which helped. I managed it in about 8 games, division 3/4
    Does it work swapping them ingame?
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13615 posts Has That Special Something
    Zambo9 wrote: »

Does it work swapping them ingame?

Of course it does? I just started delefau at RF, swapped to my desired formation...swapping him and shaw in the process and then subbing him straight off for my 87 kurzawa ....leaving shaw up top next to PIM kluivert...job done
  • Al_HFX
    288 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited May 18
    Move one of your defenders with good passing stats on CAM position. I'll use loan Valencia, hope to get it done in 10 games, also div 5.
  • Pacey3_16
    2042 posts Fans' Favourite
    Play full backs as wingers s2itch with in game tactics
  • Insan0
    571 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Questions guys .. prob a stupid one . Arent cdms consider deffenders too? Can you do the assist with cdms??
  • Liam W
    2578 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have Birthday Salah to swap IG with Alaba but still not looking forward to this.
  • maksi
    6616 posts Big Money Move
    Insan0 wrote: »
    Questions guys .. prob a stupid one . Arent cdms consider deffenders too? Can you do the assist with cdms??
    No, CDMs are midfielders not defenders.

• DFC1983
    729 posts Semi-Pro
    Zambo9 wrote: »
    Also take your defenders to pick up corners

I can't recommend this enough.
  • grabberpresident
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Insan0 wrote: »

Lol, no. I've never played a game where CDM is defender.
  • Boerieboys
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    88 Robertson with 99 crossing might do the job..
  • Dochter

That's a decent plan cheers
  • Greezyweezy101
    1313 posts Professional
    Played TOTS Doherty at CAM done it in 7
  • young_volki
    246 posts Sunday League Hero
    its gonna be a real though one for me in div2 with only wan bissaka lol gonna need 50 matches
  • Renamed123456
    5225 posts Big Money Move
    Your FullBacks don't get assists??
  • Alexvdven
    182 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If you have rttf Alonso it's piece of cake. Just take every corner with him and put him lm in-game to cross the ball. First time this year that I was happy heading is so OP.
  • CBrueggs15
    550 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Just did it in 6 games, used IF Robertson and brought Scream Mings/Mendy off the bench into the midfield
  • Pocketsquareguy
    5769 posts Big Money Move
    I would sub a epl defender with good passing in at cam and cm along with having all of your full backs take your corners.
  • 3MenandaBebe
    2652 posts Fans' Favourite
    Going to play tots Trent and rttf alonso as my wide cams. Will be fine
  • Futfanatic
    13378 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 18
    I’m playing a team with 9 pl defenders a goalkeeper and R9 just won a game 1-0 R9 got the assist ffs
  • Matt_Cornwall
    2976 posts National Call-Up
    I'm going to use fb salah and 89 florenzi as wingers with fb dani alves and fut birthday meunier as cm's. Toty mbappe at striker
  • oldboiler
    2032 posts Fans' Favourite
    Won 2 out of 3 so far. POTY VVD up front, UEL Alonso and loan EoE Valencia on the wings.
  • calcio12
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Lukaku 💪😁

Your talking about futbday Lukaku? Good idea but he scores on corners for me. From the back or do you use him uptop?