Fifa 19 Banter Bus is now 8 months old

MHoney1234
7680 posts League Winner
edited May 16
And tacking is still a mess.

Neymar 21 standing tackle. 49 strength.
Mbabu 91 standing tackle. 89 strength.

If you even contemplate trying to get into position and manual tackle, then 9 times out of 10 you lose. The tackling is pure banter. Games are decided by this utter mess of a mechanic.

Ignore the 4 la croqueta back to back. Stand with POTY VVD, and 49 strength Neymar breaks through him like he’s a poppadom.

I JUST WANT TO TACKLE AND WIN THE BALL. Every game, giving away goals to this coin toss of a game. La croqueta is OP because you can’t tackle without it bouncing back to your opponent or giving away a pen

Comments

• Renamed123456
    4070 posts National Call-Up
    MHoney1234 wrote: »

Neymar 96 dribbling, 95 ball control, 94 reactions

Maybe ¿
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    edited May 16

Maybe ¿
    Dribbling is a more desirable defending stat than tackling? D :D :D . Jesus Christ!
  • Salvatori
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    Wouldnt matter if you won the tackle though, it just bounces back to the opponent if the RNG came up with that pre game.

Just played one where its obvious from moment one. Guy has nothing, keeps running into my defenders and scores 3 goals, every single one after 2 tackles from me. Yet at the other end, everything bounces clear and Messi cannot hit the target in 3 chances 1 v 1. Pointless game
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Salvatori wrote: »
    Wouldnt matter if you won the tackle though, it just bounces back to the opponent if the RNG came up with that pre game.

Just played one where its obvious from moment one. Guy has nothing, keeps running into my defenders and scores 3 goals, every single one after 2 tackles from me. Yet at the other end, everything bounces clear and Messi cannot hit the target in 3 chances 1 v 1. Pointless game

This is my issue. Tight game decided by this kind of rubbish. What’s the point playing someone in a close game, at my level, if it’s decided by a beach ball tackle. Waste of time.
  • rohyah
    215 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Maybe ¿

🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • rohyah

If you even contemplate trying to get into position and manual tackle, then 9 times out of 10 you lose. The tackling is pure banter. Games are decided by this utter mess of a mechanic.

Ignore the 4 la croqueta back to back. Stand with POTY VVD, and 49 strength Neymar breaks through him like he’s a poppadom.

I JUST WANT TO TACKLE AND WIN THE BALL. Every game, giving away goals to this coin toss of a game. La croqueta is OP because you can’t tackle without it bouncing back to your opponent or giving away a pen

Key to tackle is not pressing tackle.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    rohyah wrote: »

So true. Getting in good defending positions manually is overrated.
  • rohyah

I'm not saying its correct but it's what you have to do now to stop the Skilling. Just hold l2 and let them run into you.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner

I'm not saying its correct but it's what you have to do now to stop the Skilling. Just hold l2 and let them run into you.

The problem with holding jockey against skill moves is the high % chance of giving away a penalty.
  • forearms
    4721 posts National Call-Up

That's what makes FIFA a joke.
  • Robben
    315 posts Sunday League Hero
    When it's all said and done fifa 19 will easily go down as one of the worst games ever made, the least skilled game ever and one of the most broken fundamentally.

Its so bad the of things wrong with it is too long to count.
    Awful game.
  • BernaLeo87
    344 posts Sunday League Hero
    Robben wrote: »
    When it's all said and done fifa 19 will easily go down as one of the worst games ever made, the least skilled game ever and one of the most broken fundamentally.

Awful game.

• Purplejacket
    2395 posts Fans' Favourite
    Robben wrote: »

Awful game.

• Renamed123456
    4070 posts National Call-Up

Maybe ¿
    Dribbling is a more desirable defending stat than tackling? D :D :D . Jesus Christ!

Nah but because despite being someone who experiences tonnes of this nonsense I'm very observant and aware and noticed a lot of the time players with high dribbling stats - Neymar, Marcelo, Costa, Hazard etc - the ball tends to "stick" to their feet a little more in situations like this.

I used to notice it against me, but as I added more players with nice dribbling stats I noticed sometimes they get that glue when being tackled.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner

Maybe ¿

Nah but because despite being someone who experiences tonnes of this nonsense I'm very observant and aware and noticed a lot of the time players with high dribbling stats - Neymar, Marcelo, Costa, Hazard etc - the ball tends to "stick" to their feet a little more in situations like this.

I used to notice it against me, but as I added more players with nice dribbling stats I noticed sometimes they get that glue when being tackled.

You’re right mate, shouldn’t be that way. I think the tackling stat on this game is useless. I had Futmas KDB at CDM earlier I the game and he was a defensive monster despite the low stats.

It’s so frustrating making a clean tackle that causes a goal. You manage to stop a la croqueta and it still somehow allows a shot.

People want high rated TOTS cards but stats are useless.
  • Grifan
    1199 posts Professional
    Mate I feel your pain. The tackling in this game is genuinley terrible. I would love a game where you could get some good tackles in even things like pulling the shirt ect. Imagine a game that’s a fiery game like a Manchester derby with loads of tackles flying in, it’s completely impossible on Fifa because they’ve forgot about that side of the game and just made so much of it ai based
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Grifan wrote: »
    Mate I feel your pain. The tackling in this game is genuinley terrible. I would love a game where you could get some good tackles in even things like pulling the shirt ect. Imagine a game that’s a fiery game like a Manchester derby with loads of tackles flying in, it’s completely impossible on Fifa because they’ve forgot about that side of the game and just made so much of it ai based

That side of the game is dead. As someone said above, the key to tackling is to not press tackle. Lunacy