Prime Gullit at CAM?

DanValletta
1555 posts Play-Off Hero
So he is a CF but I have only ever played against him at CDM.

Is there a reason I never see him at cam or striker?

Could I use him as Cam if I decide to do his SBC?
Where is he most effective in your opinion?

Comments

• DanValletta
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    up
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7920 posts League Winner
    He can play anywhere but goalie. That is the main thing that makes him appealing (besides obviously being a monster in game. As tots goes on, I would build my team with tots cards you get. Play gullit wherever you have a hole. Cm, cdm, cam, striker. He will perform anywhere.
  • Professor
    4202 posts National Call-Up
    I use him at Cm mostly since he dominates the game from there. I sometimes use him as a 2nd CDM or striker. I've used him as a Cam but I prefer Neymar there who is more nimble and Gullit up front if needed.
  • Vezzo
    1674 posts Play-Off Hero
    U go to the dark side. 4231 with Gullit and Ibra as wide CAMs and Haller as ST and cross it all night long.
  • CharlieC
    7429 posts League Winner
    I only opened this thread up to see what madness was inside.
  • DanValletta
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    CharlieC wrote: »

A sensible opinion from yourself would be appreciated.
  • tfadgreef
    576 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I am facing the same problem. Have 3 million and could either go for Gullit (cam) and PIM Cruyff (st) or PIM Cruyff (cam) and toty Mbappe (st). What should I do?
  • RebelRob
    7268 posts Big Money Move
    That’s because he’s most effective there imo.

There’s better strikers and cams, but at cdm no one is like him.

5*4* huge and excellent passing, good shooting with decent balance and agility and strength mean he’s an absolute beast despite the 80 odd defending. Being taller means longer legs to get to tackles.
  • Joe
    4587 posts National Call-Up
    Due to his pace and shooting, which everyone loves upfront. Obviously he's still top notch at both, but there are better options for that price.

As above though he dominates the midfield like no other.
  • madwullie
    6444 posts Big Money Move
    I use him at lcm in my main squad and cf in my second squad. He's unstoppable in both positions
  • Enzfut
    375 posts Sunday League Hero
    In my opinion Gullit is wasted anywhere but CAM, he is so powerful and it would be a shame not to make use of his 5star wf and wonderful passing!

His late runs into the box means you will always have someone to put their head on a cross and pick up and rebound.

But as always each to their own.
  • sheffutd87
    3441 posts National Call-Up
    He can play absolutely anywhere.

You don’t see him at cam or striker often because people who have him tend to have loads of coins for the Ronaldos, Cruyff, Eusebio, Neymar, Mbappe etc so they use him as CDM in the op 4231 as the deeper lying playmaker.
  • Dmb75
    997 posts Professional
    Enzfut wrote: »
    In my opinion Gullit is wasted anywhere but CAM, he is so powerful and it would be a shame not to make use of his 5star wf and wonderful passing!

His late runs into the box means you will always have someone to put their head on a cross and pick up and rebound.

But as always each to their own.

Cosign. The late runs and shots from the edge of the box are excellent.
  • CharlieC
    7429 posts League Winner
    CharlieC wrote: »

A sensible opinion from yourself would be appreciated.

Ok, I love his hair.
  • Noviembre17
    623 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited May 2019
    He is not agile for cam and he is not good at fast attacks but when you keep possesion in opposition half he makes crazy runs into the box and ruins balance of defence.

So play him at cm or dmc and let him create wonders when everybody forgets him.

• Dmb75
    997 posts Professional
    Go
    Vezzo wrote: »
    U go to the dark side. 4231 with Gullit and Ibra as wide CAMs and Haller as ST and cross it all night long.

Gotta get that Moments Socrates in there.
  • Foxsake
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    I use him at cam think he is wasted at cdm
  • Mbape
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I play mid gullit at cam with hawk chem ,he is perfect on cam.
  • Liam W
    2820 posts Fans' Favourite
    I haven’t used him this year but last year he was best CAM I’ve ever used.
  • DanValletta
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ok, so a lot of love for him at cam, that's positive. Also that one comment that mentioned his hair. How can you not play him CAM with that hair right?
  • mark1089
    935 posts Semi-Pro
    I've had him since the first week the game dropped and I've never played him anywhere besides cf/cam/St. One of the best shots in game if not the best. Why waste him at cdm? There's plenty of guys that can pass and defend. Plus he's a total nightmare at winning the ball back in the opponents half of the field for easy goals. Just a tank. Buy prime Viera if you want a cdm.
  • GeTRiGhT
    13056 posts Has That Special Something
    Best chem style for him?!