Anyone else given up on Rodri objective?

Comments

• Staxdoobie
    2302 posts Fans' Favourite
    CharlieC wrote: »
    I have Mata in my team and he pops up now and again but I’m not doing it specifically. I have 2 more wins to go but won’t be busting my balls.

I'm not great in Rivals, but I generally have the patience of a saint when it comes to getting these done. Persistence and determination always sees you through. But after 2 wins in about 20 attempts, nah, can't be arsed.
  • FrankFrank
    4785 posts National Call-Up
    Geez, d1 sounds like a complete nightmare... how does anyone enjoy that type of gameplay? If I was good enough to play there I'm sure I'd be breaking controllers lol. D4 and 5 are pretty chill.

Not trying to start ****, but do you have to have a 4/5 skills player to score goals in that division? Seems like scoring with Spanish players shouldn't be a problem as there are a ton of great Spanish attackers... I'm assuming EVERYONE abuses la croqueta and tornado in that D...

@Gnomenclature This team looks like a beginners team compared to most of the guys I play in div1 around 2200 skill points.

Sk-rmbillede-2019-05-14-kl-15-03-05.png

• Torn4do
    1170 posts Professional
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    Torn4do wrote: »
    If anyone really wants Rodri bad enough then buy butra for this challenge and sell him after, mind you I’d advise to keep butra as he is awesome!

You’d lose more in tax than the cost of Rodri on the market

That’s true, that’s why I was saying if you are desperate for him then this is a viable and easy way to get him. It just sounded like some people were desperate to do the challenge and were struggling.

I was lucky and already play with Butra in my team, I found the challenge very easy with him.

I ended up throwing Rodri back into the TOTS SBC and pulled Zlatan.
  • Saiber_Summia
    1764 posts Fans' Favourite
    The 3 totw was much harder for me...
    Butra made this pretty easily.
  • Jonboyparker
    6432 posts Big Money Move
    FrankFrank wrote: »
    Geez, d1 sounds like a complete nightmare... how does anyone enjoy that type of gameplay? If I was good enough to play there I'm sure I'd be breaking controllers lol. D4 and 5 are pretty chill.

Not trying to start ****, but do you have to have a 4/5 skills player to score goals in that division? Seems like scoring with Spanish players shouldn't be a problem as there are a ton of great Spanish attackers... I'm assuming EVERYONE abuses la croqueta and tornado in that D...

@Gnomenclature This team looks like a beginners team compared to most of the guys I play in div1 around 2200 skill points.

I still rock that Futmas Lukaku from the bench 👌
  • Delvinho
    2207 posts Fans' Favourite
    Delvinho wrote: »
    Going to give it a go with FB Villa tonight

Done in 9 games in Division 1.
    Forgot how good Villa was
  • Delboy13710
    8425 posts League Winner
    After yesterday finally done it Brought IF Callejon seemed to score a goal a game .

My skill rating from all these objectives has crashed hard (mainly down to me quiting or giving away goals ) from 2450 down to 2100 lol

Last 1 I'm doing all year in Div1 people are ruthless had a guy foul me 1v1 with Callejon I was winning 2-1 he took the red then quit before I could score the penalty.
  • ImAtrocious
    2219 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm finally at 5/6 after playing it hard last night. Doing this without buying upper end players is a real challenge, but NIF Williams and NIF Morata have served me pretty well. I fell briefly out of div 3 back to 4 while working on it, but I think that helped a little as I won a few games and quickly hit 4 again.
  • SpiderMonkeybpg
    1329 posts Play-Off Hero
    Took me 2 days 12 games division 3 freaking brutal as I only had mina IF anytime I tried squeezing any more Spaniards in my lineup I was getting destroyed Mina scores nice outside bangers
  • Staxdoobie
    2302 posts Fans' Favourite
    Took me 2 days 12 games division 3 freaking brutal as I only had mina IF anytime I tried squeezing any more Spaniards in my lineup I was getting destroyed Mina scores nice outside bangers

I really think they've misjudged some of these objectives. Surely the whole purpose of these is to engage people with the game - to offer a nominal challenge that requires effort but is ultimately achievable for everyone who puts in a reasonable amount of time. I've gone waaay beyond a 'reasonable amount of time' in pursuit of this objective, and have resigned myself to not getting it. As much as it might irritate some (the better players), these objectives should major on engagement with the game, not skill level.
  • Guvnor
    1986 posts Fans' Favourite
    I used the nif Williams ! Was very easy, just score and sub him off !! I’m div 3 though so that may be why!! Keep at it!
  • Ecr8on
    1551 posts Play-Off Hero
    85 Mina and NIF Williams made it fun. I enjoy these objectives to change up the squads. had Muniain at CAM too, he even bagged a couple. Honestly, makes the game fun, but I am in the lower tier of Div 1 and Div 2 consistently. Not sure it would be fun at a higher level
  • KinggHuss
    2057 posts Fans' Favourite
    Luckily I have butra from the base icon pack
  • KRANG00
    1869 posts Play-Off Hero
    KinggHuss wrote: »
    Luckily I have butra from the base icon pack

Last month i threw my van Nistelrooy into the Best sbc 2 hours before you needed to score with Dutch players :D
  • Nervous_Nick
    6530 posts Big Money Move
    The problem with these objectives in rivals is that you also play against people who’s not doing the objective...and they don’t have to use spanish strikers or whatever. So it is no fun, especially in div.1.
    They should be only in online singles and SB.
  • ImAtrocious
    2219 posts Fans' Favourite
    The problem with these objectives in rivals is that you also play against people who’s not doing the objective...and they don’t have to use spanish strikers or whatever. So it is no fun, especially in div.1.

I get where you're coming from, but I hate online single. At least by having it in Rivals you're pretty much assured that you're going to get Rank 1 and get some rewards for your trouble. If you have to grind in singles, then there's no time to earn rewards from SB or Rivals.
  • FrankFrank
    4785 posts National Call-Up
    FrankFrank wrote: »

I still rock that Futmas Lukaku from the bench 👌

One of the few cards I haven't sacrificed in an SBC as well! :D Swapping him with Savic and play him rb.
    Very fun card. Just using players I enjoy atm. Might go 5 atb to fit the birthday version in for the upcoming weekend league. Wanna go for 17 wins at least to get the premier league tots pick. Could play him or Sissoko rb and move Gullit to cam (4231).

Sk-rmbillede-2019-05-15-kl-15-22-16.png

• MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    MEARLEY87 wrote: »
    How have people found this so hard? I used aspas league sbc and did it in 9 games with 2 draws and 1 loss...

Im rebuilding my team around aspas after using him for the first time

Might be the 2500+ skill points dude
  • MHoney1234
    If anyone really wants Rodri bad enough then buy butra for this challenge and sell him after, mind you I’d advise to keep butra as he is awesome!

You’d lose more in tax than the cost of Rodri on the market

That’s true, that’s why I was saying if you are desperate for him then this is a viable and easy way to get him. It just sounded like some people were desperate to do the challenge and were struggling.

I was lucky and already play with Butra in my team, I found the challenge very easy with him.

I ended up throwing Rodri back into the TOTS SBC and pulled Zlatan.

Nice pull mate.
    After yesterday finally done it Brought IF Callejon seemed to score a goal a game .

My skill rating from all these objectives has crashed hard (mainly down to me quiting or giving away goals ) from 2450 down to 2100 lol

Last 1 I'm doing all year in Div1 people are ruthless had a guy foul me 1v1 with Callejon I was winning 2-1 he took the red then quit before I could score the penalty.

Twice I had take off the Spanish players and bring on TOTY CR7 or TOTY Mbappe and get draws. Are these guys that desperate. Unreal
  • TheDreamer
    3173 posts National Call-Up
    I gave up, its just not possible at 2.5k skill points. You are not beating players with these high rated defenders and midfielders with some bad spaniards. Everyone is running a 5 mil+ team.
  • MHoney1234
    TheDreamer wrote: »
    I gave up, its just not possible at 2.5k skill points. You are not beating players with these high rated defenders and midfielders with some bad spaniards. Everyone is running a 5 mil+ team.

I haven’t seen a team under 10 million for 2 months. It’s so tough.
  • KRANG00
    1869 posts Play-Off Hero

Plus people literally go out of their way to try and stop you, you know because the Fifa community is toxic as ❤️❤️❤️❤️!

The Colombian one i had someone spend the whole game fouling my Falcao till he got injured and the Dutch one i was winning 2-0 and got a pen, soon as i switched to Cryuff he quit
  • MHoney1234
    KRANG00 wrote: »

Plus people literally go out of their way to try and stop you, you know because the Fifa community is toxic as ****!

The Colombian one i had someone spend the whole game fouling my Falcao till he got injured and the Dutch one i was winning 2-0 and got a pen, soon as i switched to Cryuff he quit

Yep, some of the guys who play this game need help
  • Pocketsquareguy
    6510 posts Big Money Move

Plus people literally go out of their way to try and stop you, you know because the Fifa community is toxic as ****!

I have said this often. The breakdown of fut players.

50% normal human beings.
    30% try hard teenagers.
    18% adults that still live with their parents.
    2% serial killlers.
  • Invincibility
    4739 posts National Call-Up
    Almost stopped went down to 1700 SR! finished Rodri with Scream Costa instead of FB Torres.. Luckily I'm up to 1919 for next week div 1 rewards
  • Delboy13710
    8425 posts League Winner

I have said this often. The breakdown of fut players.

50% normal human beings.
    30% try hard teenagers.
    18% adults that still live with their parents.
    2% serial killlers.

Hahaha nice breakdown .

I hate try hards I find it so much easier for my mental state if I just quit early even at 0-0 .

• Clanceypants
    455 posts Sunday League Hero
    I very nearly gave up at 3/6, but decided to buy RTTF Moreno and now I’m quite enjoying it. One more to go.