PM Maradona appreciation thread

EekAlaska
1648 posts Play-Off Hero
No idea if one of these exists but he is the most fun card to use in this game 2 years running (yes imo).

If you like to slow things down on the dribble and just toy with opponents who dive in he is the player for you. Of course rocket of a shot too and when you skill only Neymar is close, but its the close control that no other player in the game has.

Cost me 2 mil somehow even with 2 Icons and plenty of other players but I was tired of waiting for him. Down to one team now and will just build that one strong and use other players for my MLS bench brigade.

Comments

• EekAlaska
    1648 posts Play-Off Hero
    Also really want to save packs for when players are re-released but may just end up blowing through them Friday.
  • Joestoe
    4643 posts National Call-Up
    Prefer PIM Cruyff. 5* 5* as well.
  • EekAlaska
    1648 posts Play-Off Hero
    Joestoe wrote: »
    Prefer PIM Cruyff. 5* 5* as well.

Haven't noticed a problem with weak foot, and as I said the thing that makes Maradona one of a kind is the close control. Even Messi cant do what Maradona does.
  • holdenwait
    55223 posts National Treasure
    hated his prime so much last year, but this year anytime I played against him he was unreal, even his baby. If i had kept my coins til his SBC was released, would've done him over Socrates for sure. glad you're enjoyin him
  • EekAlaska
    1648 posts Play-Off Hero
    holdenwait wrote: »
    hated his prime so much last year, but this year anytime I played against him he was unreal, even his baby. If i had kept my coins til his SBC was released, would've done him over Socrates for sure. glad you're enjoyin him

Did you use his Prime or the Prime loan? I used the loan and hated him and then got the actual card and loved him.
  • Nicku32
    2166 posts Fans' Favourite
    Eusebio >

I had Prime Maradona early on in this game and for ages he was one of my favourite players to use. I then changed it up and eventually got 91 Eusebio and he's been one of the best players (Used both at CAM). I then got the PIM Maradona loan and Eusebio was still more effective to my surprise.
  • TakeItSlow
    7180 posts Big Money Move
    This is the PIM Maradona appreciation thread and the OP things Maradona is the best player he's used. Its his opinion, not sure why people instantly come in and go on about Eusebio and Cruyff :joy:

Only ever used Mara myself in draft and loved him. Actually quite tempted to do him myself but wouldn't be till towards the end of FIFA.

Enjoy OP.
  • Hibee
    11849 posts Has That Special Something
    Using his Prime and my favourite player in the game. There are probably more efficient players, but for me it’s more fun playing with Maradona than anyone else.
  • Nicku32
    edited May 15
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    This is the PIM Maradona appreciation thread and the OP things Maradona is the best player he's used. Its his opinion, not sure why people instantly come in and go on about Eusebio and Cruyff :joy:

Only ever used Mara myself in draft and loved him. Actually quite tempted to do him myself but wouldn't be till towards the end of FIFA.

Enjoy OP.

Just sharing my opinion of him and who i found better 🤷🏽‍♂️

Before I got the PIM loan I was dead certain id do the SBC if I was able to afford him as soon as he was released because of how much I enjoyed the 97.
  • Diggy
    13618 posts Has That Special Something
    I did him at the end of 18 I like to try the new ones

I won’t be getting him this year too many other new options

He was fun but I felt the combo of 3* weak foot & his height let him down best left finesse shot in the game though
  • EekAlaska
    1648 posts Play-Off Hero
    I had every top player last year and only got him at the very end and regretted not doing him b4 the likes of Pele, R9 and even Gullit. He is just a lot of fun to use.

Certainly not saying he is "the best player" because there are more clinical or powerful or whatever players, but to me he is the most fun.
  • Nicku32
    edited May 15
    Do you use him at CAM @EekAlaska? What is your team?
  • EekAlaska
    1648 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nicku32 wrote: »

Only used him for a few games this year but Im thinking Center CAM in 4231. Im kinda in a transition period right now as I have about 6/11ths of my final team right now but i have...

FB Ibra
    PM Bergkamp, PM Maradona, CL Pogba
    Prime Rijkaard, TOTS Sissoko
    TOTS Telles, 84 Jesus, PM Blanc, 86 Yedlin
    PM Schmeichel
  • Nicku32
    EekAlaska wrote: »

Only used him for a few games this year but Im thinking Center CAM in 4231. Im kinda in a transition period right now as I have about 6/11ths of my final team right now but i have...

FB Ibra
    PM Schmeichel

Who else are you going for? Team looks decent - o think my main issue would be Pogba out wide and maybe Bergy.

Im struggling who to go for myself right now!
  • EekAlaska
    1648 posts Play-Off Hero
    EekAlaska wrote: »

FB Ibra
    PM Schmeichel

Who else are you going for? Team looks decent - o think my main issue would be Pogba out wide and maybe Bergy.

Im struggling who to go for myself right now!

I was just looking at Prime Icons SBCs last night thinking who I could realistically add. I always like having CR7, but I think I want to go for Prime Eusebio, Prime Cruyff and a couple better midfielder and defensive options.

Only way I will have enough for that though is if some high rated TOTS players are less than 30k like last year and Im patient enough to wait for it.