BETA TESTER

andersace
24 posts Last Pick at the Park
How do I become a beta tester for the next FIFA? I would gladly pay to do it, because I can't go another year with all these little bugs and **** play that could have been ironed out.

If somebody have any connections please reply.

Comments

• Daveofwales01
    8343 posts League Winner
    It's selected at random, the bugs etc get reported, it's the fixing where it falls down
  • andersace
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    That's stupid if it's random. They should pick gamers who have actually played football, because people who have actually played knows more about how it should look.

And if they have any experts consulting on the game, they need new ones.
  • Carswell
    8171 posts League Winner
    andersace wrote: »
    That's stupid if it's random. They should pick gamers who have actually played football, because people who have actually played knows more about how it should look.

You’re acting like EA make good decisions...
  • DutyHarry
    4906 posts National Call-Up
    We're all beta testers for FIFA 20 by playing this POS 19 dude. :trollface:
  • ITSSPENO
    1951 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fifa was brilliant for the first week, the fixes broke it :lol:
  • Joestoe
    4613 posts National Call-Up
    They probably won't do anything with the feedback you provide anyway.
  • Daveofwales01
    8343 posts League Winner

If it were a football SIM then yes but this is an arcade game, it bears very little resemblance to real football, for better or worse, of it was like real football then most games would be low scoring and very few players would use skill moves for starters
  • Joestoe

If it were a football SIM then yes but this is an arcade game, it bears very little resemblance to real football, for better or worse, of it was like real football then most games would be low scoring and very few players would use skill moves for starters

Yup. Imagine if it was a realistic game. With only 12 real-time minutes of game time, you'd barely have any time to score.

However, that doesn't mean it's right for the game to have this many errors, glitches and horrible animations. Tackling when trying to shoot, players taking massive touches after ball rolls sometimes, and players opening their legs when trying to intercept a pass, or control a pass to just name a few. The complete inconsistency this game provides is just dumb and wouldn't happen with any other "e-sport". I can't imagine the beta-testers of last year didn't notice it or bring it to EA's attention. They just do not care whatsoever and don't bother fixing it.
  • Daveofwales01
    8343 posts League Winner
    Joestoe wrote: »

Yup. Imagine if it was a realistic game. With only 12 real-time minutes of game time, you'd barely have any time to score.

However, that doesn't mean it's right for the game to have this many errors, glitches and horrible animations. Tackling when trying to shoot, players taking massive touches after ball rolls sometimes, and players opening their legs when trying to intercept a pass, or control a pass to just name a few. The complete inconsistency this game provides is just dumb and wouldn't happen with any other "e-sport". I can't imagine the beta-testers of last year didn't notice it or bring it to EA's attention. They just do not care whatsoever and don't bother fixing it.

All those were present and reported in the thread for beta testing, the tackle when shooting/crossing was even worse of you can imagine that, if the ball was more than a few cms from your foot you would slide tackle
  • Joestoe
    edited May 13

All those were present and reported in the thread for beta testing, the tackle when shooting/crossing was even worse of you can imagine that, if the ball was more than a few cms from your foot you would slide tackle

Hard to imagine, but I belief you. Still, it's nothing less than shocking that they are incapable of solving these issues within a year. It's even worse that we can expect those issues to still be present in FIFA 20. The ball roll glitch was there in FIFA 18 as well.
  • Daveofwales01
    8343 posts League Winner

Hard to imagine, but I belief you. Still, it's nothing less than shocking that they are incapable of solving these issues within a year. It's even worse that we can expect those issues to still be present in FIFA 20. The ball roll glitch was there in FIFA 18 as well.

Until they overhaul the game engine these issues will continue to be present
  • Markiegj
    12 posts Ball Boy
    The issue with how they pick is that a friend of mine was picked last year and never bothered downloading it. There should be some sort of register or maybe a year long beta, like xbox do.

Complete waste on him
  • Azof
    16351 posts World Class
    Markiegj wrote: »
    The issue with how they pick is that a friend of mine was picked last year and never bothered downloading it. There should be some sort of register or maybe a year long beta, like xbox do.

Complete waste on him

I was picked this year on two accounts and didn't bother :dab:
  • Finesse_4days
    6817 posts Big Money Move
    ITSSPENO wrote: »

That's a myth it was completely **** to start with but looked better becuase not as many people did all the exploits, for example volleys could be scored by the likes of Manolas , power shots were sidefooted with **** technique, horrible time finesse meta, AI blocks worse than now, all in all Fifa 19 was horse **** from the very start.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9286 posts League Winner
    ITSSPENO wrote: »

That's a myth it was completely **** to start with but looked better becuase not as many people did all the exploits, for example volleys could be scored by the likes of Manolas , power shots were sidefooted with **** technique, horrible time finesse meta, AI blocks worse than now, all in all Fifa 19 was horse **** from the very start.

Haha, actually remember watching a clip on Reddit of Manolas scoring a red timed volley on his weak foot from fully 30 yards in the first few weeks :joy:

Gk’s we’re garbage from what I recall as well. Like beyond useless which was one of the first in a long list of things EA patched.

Load of good it did. Took an already pretty trash game and made it worse.
  • Edu
    6544 posts Big Money Move
    Is the beta finished?
    I tried to connect today and it was down
  • Andy1999
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Edu wrote: »
    Is the beta finished?
    I tried to connect today and it was down

Yep ended on 22nd
  • TORZADO
    5159 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 26
    You are just in time for fifa 20, beta test for 21 and so on
  • Hippyboy6
    16864 posts World Class
    TBF they would be "beta" off having a registration to get the chance. I got a beta code this year but didn't play 19 at all so never downloaded it. It's account specific so I couldn't even pass it on.