Danimal5981
2092 posts Fans' Favourite
edited May 12
MIzKPWq.png
Post edited by Danimal5981 on

Comments

• Stlducks
    1349 posts Professional
    Excited to see who you pick. I'm guessing an unknown team? Someone in Belgium or a small European country?
  • Danimal5981
    HAhvi0a.png
  • Danimal5981
    gNad7Ag.png

GgBbwQd.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited May 12
    4GARyVT.png
    Post edited by Danimal5981 on
  • ElMarcos
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good luck getting this club out of their current situation. Financially it will be a huge challenge
  • Danimal5981
    ElMarcos wrote: »
    Good luck getting this club out of their current situation. Financially it will be a huge challenge

Thanks. We'll take it month for month, with cup games and hot games being picked out (just to keep the pace up somewhat).
  • Danimal5981
    edited May 13
    PLbxUot.png

Wisła - Arka
    xxM03H3.png
    W22FK6p.png

Wisła - Miedź
    5ZIIC9d.png
    s9VTZKk.png

EKSTRAKLASA
    ucsCtyP.png
  • DB1512
    291 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good to see you back with another story! Don't know anything about the Polish league despite some Dutch managers have been working their in the last decade (Robert Maaskant at Wisla Krakow if I remember correct), but quit interesting to get to know more about the smaller leagues in Europe.
    It looks like you were quit lucky in your first match at the club (the stats say Arka was the better side) and you had to take a loss in the second game while you were slightly the better side, wonder where this will end. Are you investing in the Youth Academy already? Might be a valuable asset for the club if some talents are produced in there.
  • Danimal5981
    edited May 13
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Robert Maaskant at Wisla Krakow if I remember correct

In fact, I live in Cracow and I was the guide/interpreter for Maaskant while he (and Jaliens, Boukhari and Lamey) were here.

Moreover, tomorrow I'll meet with the current manager and squad for something special. But until any official announcement, I am legally bound to remain silent about it.

But it's why I chose this club.

• DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    Interesting choice. I read about it when Kuba moved to Poland but have never been into the Polish league.
    However I can say that you have a huge challenge in hands, this budget scares a lot :lol:

Good luck, man!
  • Wyojasond
    10140 posts Has That Special Something
    Excited to see how this plays out. Pretty cool that you have a personal attachment with the team
  • WestardLord
    1364 posts Professional
    Looking forward to this

My only remote familiarity with this club is being an FC Dallas fan and hoping Zdenek Ondrasek's move here from Wisła will be worth it, lol
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    It is pretty cool that your are affiliated with the team in real life. I expect you'll be inserting yourself in this story somehow?
  • Danimal5981
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    It is pretty cool that your are affiliated with the team in real life. I expect you'll be inserting yourself in this story somehow?

Marzec is the maternal side of my family :wink: Uncle Dariusz Marzec was long time head of the academy, now he tries as head coach of a smaller team, Kalisz.

But I am on quite good terms with the current head of the academy, Miroslaw Szymkowiak. He was captain of Wisla in their peak years (2002-2004), taking three titles, a quarter final UEFA Cup and nearly missed out on the Champions League thanks to Spurs (always them Spurs, standing in my way...., be it Wisla or Ajax). He was also Poland's #10 of the 2006 World Cup squad.

So, the club stands close to me, I live in Cracow too, but I'm born Amsterdam and Ajax remains my club :wink:
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    Daniel Marzec. Nobody ever accused me of being quick on the uptake. :D
  • Ashy
    8838 posts League Winner
    Good luck I am part Polish but I know nothing about the league, not even seen a single story on it on here before so you will be the first, glad to have you back
  • Danimal5981
    Ashy wrote: »
    Good luck I am part Polish but I know nothing about the league, not even seen a single story on it on here before so you will be the first, glad to have you back

Really: part Polish? Then, you and I have something in common
  • WelshWizard
    343 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited May 22
    Love to see different leagues and get more info about them. Good luck, I'm looking forward to this.
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I really like Polish sausage. That's my only connection but still interested in the story.
  • Danimal5981
    edited May 22
    Love to see different leagues and get more info about them. Good luck, I'm looking forward to this.

@WelshWizard Cool! Glad to have you around!
    @LAboog4 Kiełbasa is indeed quite good. Better than Ekstraklasa football for sure :wink:

Xs2GWDO.png

ojSHZcL.png
  • Ashy
    8838 posts League Winner

Really: part Polish? Then, you and I have something in common

Yeah my Grandad was Polish and fled to England during WW2 when he was young, I still follow the Polish National team a bit and keep an eye on some up and coming Polish talent so hopefully you uncover some gems in this story
  • Danimal5981
    GTgq5qb.png

ockj6R1.png

Tl23aF2.png
  • Ashy
    8838 posts League Winner
    It's hard to find the right style at first it can take time, playing 5 at the back and conceding like that isn't good, something is wrong, maybe a more counter-attacking style using 4-5-1 or something, packing the midfield, depends if you have the players for it.
  • LAboog4
    I have found in FIFA playing 5 at the back is harder than playing 4 with an extra defensive midfielder. But maybe I'm just bad at defending...
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sometimes it takes a while to click especially with a team you are not used to hopefully the team can stop conceding so many goals as the strikers are doing their job
  • Danimal5981
    @Ashy @LAboog4 @JoshDFC
    It's hard to find the right style at first it can take time, playing 5 at the back and conceding like that isn't good, something is wrong, maybe a more counter-attacking style using 4-5-1 or something, packing the midfield, depends if you have the players for it.
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    I have found in FIFA playing 5 at the back is harder than playing 4 with an extra defensive midfielder. But maybe I'm just bad at defending...
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Sometimes it takes a while to click especially with a team you are not used to hopefully the team can stop conceding so many goals as the strikers are doing their job

I'm still looking for a system that works. I'm very used to the oiled machine that is Ajax and this is just kick and rush, league one level football.
  • Danimal5981
    BxUbm4C.png

DesqvCc.png

rnp1J73.png

ubl5Tpg.png
  • Danimal5981
    So, language class here: an Ł is pronounced like an English W
    It's Vees-wha, not Wiss-la
  • DB1512
    291 posts Sunday League Hero
    Strange that a system with five defenders won't add more defensive stability. Are your wingbacks back in time or are you defending with three most of the time?

• LAboog4
    So, language class here: an Ł is pronounced like an English W
    It's Vees-wha, not Wiss-la

Very interesting. Thanks for the information. Any other knowledge you can share about the league or the country would be appreciated.