Is now a good time to start FUT19?

BC_United
1001 posts Professional
Haven't touched FIFA after opening my loyalty packs back in late Sep (obviously didn't get anything worthwhile) as my Xbox died and my newborn arrived so didn't bother getting it fixed.

Now that TOTS is here, and that i'm taking a month break between jobs, am i better off getting a PS4 pro now or might as well hold it till FIFA 20 launches? (my Xbox won't power up but the power supply is fine so i would need to get the xbox repaired which, without warranty, would probably cost half of a new one)

I don't mind buying some FPs and ripping some packs to build a 1-league TOTS team, but would it be too late to be competitive? Even if i rip tons of promo packs during TOTS, i probably would only get several mil coins at most vs at this point last year i was having 10M+ worth of players and coins.

My only concern is whether or not i'll get addicted to it again and regret later on that i haven't spent enough time with my kid.

Comments

• TSpiers1UK
    345 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited May 11
    **** NO!

Game is a joke
  • IAIK7
    3434 posts National Call-Up
    No
  • Ruffy
    479 posts Sunday League Hero
    Your last sentence should answer your question.
  • MEARLEY87
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    No awful game.

I was a regular buyer of fifa points but I can honestly say I haven't spent a penny on them since last year.

It's that bad I'm considering not buying fifa 20.

Hitting EA where it hurts is the only way to get the game aimed back towards the player and not just about making more money
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    TSpiers1UK wrote: »
    **** NO!

Game is a joke
    IAIK7 wrote: »
    No
    Ruffy wrote: »
    Your last sentence should answer your question.

Thanks guys for the reassurance. I'll stay strong and say no for now and would only change my mind if FUT20 turns out to be something entirely different.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11511 posts Has That Special Something
    Seriously mate don't go anywhere near this game. If you have stayed away all year definitely don't start now as the game is a complete mess. Most of us are only still here because we have put alot of time in during the year and want to see the year out.

Enjoy the time with your kid and maybe pick up FIFA 20.
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    MEARLEY87 wrote: »
    No awful game.

I was a regular buyer of fifa points but I can honestly say I haven't spent a penny on them since last year.

It's that bad I'm considering not buying fifa 20.

Hitting EA where it hurts is the only way to get the game aimed back towards the player and not just about making more money

ya coz i know once i started again i'd have a problem to stop spending on FPs, but now that i've taken such a long break, i find myself more rational by seeing that there is really no point spending and going thru the same kinda things year after year
  • Wi1son73
    2221 posts Fans' Favourite
    The game has too much flaws to get addicted to it mate.. The only thing you will have is a rage free life lol
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    Seriously mate don't go anywhere near this game. If you have stayed away all year definitely don't start now as the game is a complete mess. Most of us are only still here because we have put alot of time in during the year and want to see the year out.

Enjoy the time with your kid and maybe pick up FIFA 20.

ya i guess i've gone through the toughest part which is to stay out of it so no point opening a new can of worms
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    edited May 11
    Wi1son73 wrote: »
    The game has too much flaws to get addicted to it mate.. The only thing you will have is a rage free life lol

ya my last few years with FIFA has always been about rage, then spent on FPs hoping for a better outcome, but got sucked deeper and deeper

guess at this point $ is better spent on my kid than FUT
  • HishamAyman
    2869 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 11
    I’ve played FUT since September and stopped playing it in Feb, and it was the best decision I’ve ever made. Don’t do the opposite action you are going to regret it :D I have been addicted to fifa since 1999, and Fifa19 was my rehab
  • Lkane
    929 posts Professional
    edited May 11
    Everyone needs some time to themselves watching footy and playing fifa is how I unwind after work .

I'd jump back in tbh people say games broken etc etc but here they are still on a fifa forum so what's that say. I'm a dad with 2 kids and play once they go to sleep (not every night though)

You're a parent now you'll surprise yourself how little you'll take fifa seriously as your priorities have changed. Just my opinion though.
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    I’ve played FUT since September and stopped playing it in Feb, and it was the best decision I’ve ever made. Don’t do the opposite action you are going to regret it :D I have been addicted to fifa since 1999, and Fifa19 was my rehab

Ya surprised everyone is saying this.... especially those who has played for so long.... and this year's complains seem a lot more serious than the previous years (ppl used to just whine about it in the last 2 years but this year ppl seem to really just stop playing?)
  • Whufc
    1357 posts Play-Off Hero
    I was given the fifa 19 beta and just after that I knew I would not be getting 19 I posted on here how bad it was and tbh I was given a bit of stick for it people were saying it's good and not to judge the game going on the beta and that the actual game will be alot different to the beta.
    But I knew it was going to be a **** game I waited for the release of 19 and the reviews few friends got it all all said it's terrible so I was glad I never got it. Low and behold all I've heard all year is bad things about it I still don't have it and am playing 18 still

Oh and I got a warning for talking about the beta 😂🤣
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    Lkane wrote: »
    Everyone needs some time to themselves watching footy and playing fifa is how I unwind after work .

I'd jump back in tbh people say games broken etc etc but here they are still on a fifa forum so what's that say. I'm a dad with 2 kids and play once they go to sleep (not every night though)

You're a parent now you'll surprise yourself how little you'll take fifa seriously as your priorities have changed. Just my opinion though.

interesting... did you take a break back then when they were newborns? Most of my friends did eventually jump back but would wait till their kids are at least 2 yrs old +.... as they mentioned that you wouldn't wanna miss their first 2 years when they grow the fastest

my other option is maybe to jump back few years later when my boy can actually play FIFA together with me
  • BombSquadPuppy
    1567 posts Play-Off Hero

Thats the right mindset for any videogame, but addicts get sucked right in and leave reality behind
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    Whufc wrote: »
    I was given the fifa 19 beta and just after that I knew I would not be getting 19 I posted on here how bad it was and tbh I was given a bit of stick for it people were saying it's good and not to judge the game going on the beta and that the actual game will be alot different to the beta.
    But I knew it was going to be a **** game I waited for the release of 19 and the reviews few friends got it all all said it's terrible so I was glad I never got it. Low and behold all I've heard all year is bad things about it I still don't have it and am playing 18 still

Oh and I got a warning for talking about the beta 😂🤣

i wish i can still play 18 which i've invested so much on, but my xbox won't turn on!
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    edited May 11

Thats the right mindset for any videogame, but addicts get sucked right in and leave reality behind

i guess being a parent you are kinda forced in a way to be less serious with video games... i still rmb playing my friend online last year and he had to pause multiple times during a game whenever his daughter woke up and called him... and usually he won't be back before the game resumed so he basically had to take a lost...

can't imagine being a parent playing WL and have to pause and give the opponent a win as the baby is crying
  • BombSquadPuppy
    1567 posts Play-Off Hero
    BC_United wrote: »

i guess being a parent you are kinda forced in a way to be less serious with video games... i still rmb playing my friend online last year and he had to pause multiple times during a game whenever his daughter woke up and called him... and usually he won't be back before the game resumed so he basically had to take a lost...

can't imagine being a parent playing WL and have to pause and give the opponent a win as the baby is crying

I have one of my friends whos mad addicted, you can hear his kid crying in the background and he starts yelling to his girl to take care of the baby and his son while he plays; as if the game is more important
  • Lkane
    929 posts Professional
    BC_United wrote: »

Thing is when you're a parent you stop taking the game that seriously and wins and losses are irrelevant especially in rivals as there no fixed amount of games. If I'm awake and hear one of them on the monitors I just have to stop playing.

Get a few rage messages asking why I've just randomly quit but can't be helped 😂
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11511 posts Has That Special Something

Like I already explained most of us are only still here because of the time or in some cases money we have put into the game so far and want to see the year out.

Would I start playing the game from scratch now with the state it's in? Hell no.
  • Invincibility
    3884 posts National Call-Up
    Just do it!