Maldini or VVD?

NonFlyingDutchman
435 posts Sunday League Hero
edited May 2019
Really need your advice guys - not sure what to do.

Want a new CB, and either building Maldini or VVD seems like the two best options.

My back line is:
Telles TOTS - FB David Luiz - Sol Campbell Prime - SMS Birthday
Cech 91 in goal.
Two icons in front of them.

I’ve got a spare icon to put in Maldini sbc, but he would still be more expensive than VVD. If I go VVD i need another option on rb, I guess - my OCD won’t allow me to play with anyone on less than 10 chem.

Pretty please with sugar on top - Help! :)

Edit: got 2.2 mill to spend

Comments

• AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Change your keeper first
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class
    AFC_95 wrote: »
    Change your keeper first

EoE Cech is one of the best keepers in the game. Like all keepers he will let goals in but he makes some unbelievable saves.
  • NonFlyingDutchman
    AFC_95 wrote: »
    Change your keeper first

EoE Cech is one of the best keepers in the game. Like all keepers he will let goals in but he makes some unbelievable saves.

Thanks for replying, guys.

Not my first priority to swap Cech, he’s been really good for me - although if it’s necessary to do so to fit in a top CB next to David Luiz, then fine.

Primarily want to swap CB (and perhaps RB, if necessary).

Anyone with experience from using Maldini or VVD?
  • NonFlyingDutchman
    Bump - Maldini or VVD, anyone? 👏👏
  • NonFlyingDutchman
    Ok - i managed to add a link to a picture of my squad, but having a difficulties adding the picture itself to the thread. :(

Build Virgil?
    Build Maldini? (have got the icon, but little else).
    Wait for a TOTS CB, (Militao, if he gets one)?
    Or something else?

https://futhead.com/19/squads/742345/
  • SayBz
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If I was you, i'll buy Rio Ferdinand prime + CR7 for Ibrahimovic with the 2.2mill.
  • NonFlyingDutchman
    edited May 2019
    SayBz wrote: »
    If I was you, i'll buy Rio Ferdinand prime + CR7 for Ibrahimovic with the 2.2mill.

First; thanks for replying.

But can’t really se the point in that tbh - rio is slightly better than sol, yes - but way of VVD or Maldini, is he not?

Price is good though, atleast compared to Maldini.

World rather fix my defence than touch Zlatan - goals are pouring in in both ends atm 😁
  • 3MenandaBebe
    3067 posts National Call-Up
    I’ve got both in my team and vvd is the one you can’t replace.

Defensively they are both outstanding. Hard to pick. But vvd brings the height and jumping.

• SayBz
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special

But can’t really se the point in that tbh - rio is slightly better than sol, yes - but way of VVD or Maldini, is he not?

World rather fix my defence than touch Zlatan - goals are pouring in in both ends atm 😁

Well, I've tried Maldini & Rio and actually preferred Rio.
    I just upgraded Rio for Varane TOTY but he feels almost the same as his NIF so im probably back to Rio.
    PM Blanc is also a good option, 400k + packs if you already have the icon.
  • KinggHuss
    2057 posts Fans' Favourite
    get vvd and then trent tots
  • NonFlyingDutchman
    I’ve got both in my team and vvd is the one you can’t replace.

Defensively they are both outstanding. Hard to pick. But vvd brings the height and jumping.

VVD looks amazing - really tempted to just go for it. If he gets a TOTS, it cant be that much better/cheaper. Who do you play on LB/RB?

Well, I've tried Maldini & Rio and actually preferred Rio.
    I just upgraded Rio for Varane TOTY but he feels almost the same as his NIF so im probably back to Rio.
    PM Blanc is also a good option, 400k + packs if you already have the icon.

I guess we all have our preferences, but this looks ... odd, to me. Toty Varane gets praised in all the threads on this forum! Looked at Blanc as well, but just doesn’t look end game quality.
    KinggHuss wrote: »
    get vvd and then trent tots

Think he’s a certain TOTS pick? If so, I think this is a very tempting solution! Only worry then is the height difference to SMS when defending back post, but he might get a jumping boost and hold his own I guess... 🤞you’ve got his future star?