A message for those who quit after seeing your team in WL

1
MHoney1234
7680 posts League Winner
edited May 10
What the F wrong with you?

If you’re a **** and don’t want to play, then just score an OG and quit. Simple as that.

Comments

  • YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Cowards.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Cowards.

    They lose anyway so why not just score an OG!
  • 3MenandaBebe
    2293 posts Fans' Favourite
    Why would anyone quit?

    Doesn’t matter if I see a 97 rated team.

    I will win if I have the connection
  • Empyrium7
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    my players play better against stacked teams.
    what scares me more is a NIF EPL sweaty team.
  • Clanceypants
    455 posts Sunday League Hero
    I used to get this a lot more when I had 5 icons but not so much now I’ve mixed my team up a bit. I still totally agree with what you’re saying.

    It’s stupid though, I’ve won and lost with some crazy comebacks so I don’t understand quitting WL games at any point.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    How good must your team be to make people quit without even trying?

    I could see a full PIM/TOTY team and would know I have a good chance because of ‘mechanics’

    My team is decent, but much better than mine out there. The last two weeks I’ve had so many quitters. Just play or score an OG and quit.
    Why would anyone quit?

    Doesn’t matter if I see a 97 rated team.

    I will win if I have the connection

    Exactly, I prefer playing god squads to NIF gold teams.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    I used to get this a lot more when I had 5 icons but not so much now I’ve mixed my team up a bit. I still totally agree with what you’re saying.

    It’s stupid though, I’ve won and lost with some crazy comebacks so I don’t understand quitting WL games at any point.

    Exactly mate, just play the game or don’t enter if you’re bothered about a few icons.
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    my players play better against stacked teams.
    what scares me more is a NIF EPL sweaty team.

    100%!
  • CustardHippo
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I always try build karma every week and donate my remaining games to people - usually stop at 11 wins sometimes 14 and have a couple of games left. Start up, score an OG and leave. Am not worried about my multiplier etc so like to help out. I've had people send angry messages after and I don't get it... ive given them a free win. I'd understand if I went at 0-0 or whatever because I'm still getting a loss so why not take the 10 seconds to score an OG and quit!?
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    I always try build karma every week and donate my remaining games to people - usually stop at 11 wins sometimes 14 and have a couple of games left. Start up, score an OG and leave. Am not worried about my multiplier etc so like to help out. I've had people send angry messages after and I don't get it... ive given them a free win. I'd understand if I went at 0-0 or whatever because I'm still getting a loss so why not take the 10 seconds to score an OG and quit!?

    Been doing the same with 5/6 wins after I hit G1
  • DannySTFC
    1030 posts Professional
    Why would anyone quit?

    Doesn’t matter if I see a 97 rated team.

    I will win if I have the connection

    While I agree with most of what you say, you really think the connection makes that much of a difference? You’ve just said you will win if you have the connection, so you think regardless of who your opponent is and what players he has, it only comes down to connection? You’re really far up your own **** if you actually believe that.
  • D Heleteli
    818 posts Semi-Pro
    People are more concerned about giving you a win than taking a loss themselves. They know how valuable each and every win in WL is, so they do this to spite you.

    Loser's mentaltity.
  • Dazzler179
    1146 posts Professional
    I get this at least 3/4 times a weekend league, something needs to be done about it.
  • CharlieC
    6193 posts Big Money Move
    Similar to a lot of responses, if someone is the same skill level but they have a poor team, one of two things is likely. Either the game will boost the lower rated team to ensure a more level playing field (it definitely feels that way sometimes) or the player is very good and can compete with you anyway, otherwise you wouldn't have the same skill level. Either way, I prefer playing against teams which appear better than mine on paper because I feel it gives me an edge (even if it is psychological).
  • ryan217
    2876 posts Fans' Favourite
    Don't have this problem myself but I played a game last weekend where it was 2-2 in the 90th minute, he had the ball in his keepers hands and just quit, wasting both our time.
  • Vezzo
    883 posts Semi-Pro
    Code of honor doesn't exist in this game.
  • CharlieC
    6193 posts Big Money Move
    ryan217 wrote: »
    Don't have this problem myself but I played a game last weekend where it was 2-2 in the 90th minute, he had the ball in his keepers hands and just quit, wasting both our time.

    His mum called him for his bathtime.
  • Idek
    10087 posts Has That Special Something
    I always try build karma every week and donate my remaining games to people - usually stop at 11 wins sometimes 14 and have a couple of games left. Start up, score an OG and leave. Am not worried about my multiplier etc so like to help out. I've had people send angry messages after and I don't get it... ive given them a free win. I'd understand if I went at 0-0 or whatever because I'm still getting a loss so why not take the 10 seconds to score an OG and quit!?

    Lol what sort of angry messages have you got for giving a win?
  • BombSquadPuppy
    1427 posts Professional
    Idek wrote: »
    I always try build karma every week and donate my remaining games to people - usually stop at 11 wins sometimes 14 and have a couple of games left. Start up, score an OG and leave. Am not worried about my multiplier etc so like to help out. I've had people send angry messages after and I don't get it... ive given them a free win. I'd understand if I went at 0-0 or whatever because I'm still getting a loss so why not take the 10 seconds to score an OG and quit!?

    Lol what sort of angry messages have you got for giving a win?

    I gave an own goal and was about to quit, but he started shushing and wasting more time so i just “had” to play and beat him, came back 4-1 and he sent a message to “kill myself because im trash” 🤷‍♂️
  • CustardHippo
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Idek wrote: »
    I always try build karma every week and donate my remaining games to people - usually stop at 11 wins sometimes 14 and have a couple of games left. Start up, score an OG and leave. Am not worried about my multiplier etc so like to help out. I've had people send angry messages after and I don't get it... ive given them a free win. I'd understand if I went at 0-0 or whatever because I'm still getting a loss so why not take the 10 seconds to score an OG and quit!?

    Lol what sort of angry messages have you got for giving a win?

    Been told I'm trash, waste of space, afraid of him or his team. I have very rarely received messages this year but have had numerous from WL for giving a win 10 seconds in. Call it mad or absurd, maybe sums up the community. I'd gladly take a free win on this game but it seems others would rather use it as an opportunity to gloat or be a bit of a "insert choice word".
  • DIXON THFC
    2472 posts Fans' Favourite
    Blocking random messages this year has been the best thing I've done.
  • Nervous_Nick
    5092 posts Big Money Move
    I don’t give away wins anymore because 80% of the people i play against are ****...
  • I don’t give away wins anymore because 80% of the people i play against are ****...

    are dead ?
  • Diggy
    13618 posts Has That Special Something
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    my players play better against stacked teams.
    what scares me more is a NIF EPL sweaty team.

  • Nervous_Nick
    5092 posts Big Money Move
    I don’t give away wins anymore because 80% of the people i play against are ****...

    are dead ?

    9 letters. Starts with D
  • I don’t give away wins anymore because 80% of the people i play against are ****...

    are dead ?

    9 letters. Starts with D

    Dastardly :joy:
  • keronc
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    I am more wary of the regular rare gold teams I meet in WL. Those with the regular rare gold teams are usually way better players than most of those with the stacked teams.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    keronc wrote: »
    I am more wary of the regular rare gold teams I meet in WL. Those with the regular rare gold teams are usually way better players than most of those with the stacked teams.

    You played Mario Kart? All I’m gonna say is those NIF teams get given a red turtle lol
  • BombSquadPuppy
    1427 posts Professional
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    keronc wrote: »
    I am more wary of the regular rare gold teams I meet in WL. Those with the regular rare gold teams are usually way better players than most of those with the stacked teams.

    You played Mario Kart? All I’m gonna say is those NIF teams get given a red turtle lol

    Or a star
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    keronc wrote: »
    I am more wary of the regular rare gold teams I meet in WL. Those with the regular rare gold teams are usually way better players than most of those with the stacked teams.

    You played Mario Kart? All I’m gonna say is those NIF teams get given a red turtle lol

    Or a star

    Or that yeh :joy:
Sign In or Register to comment.