@@@ penalties @@@

Richie827
385 posts Sunday League Hero
edited May 9
I think myself as a decent pen shooter.Started from FIFA 09 haven't missed many playing online.Ever since I played current gen FIFA.CPU GKs have saved tons of my pens.I have an accuracy around 20%.πŸ˜‚

Played my career mode with Wednesdays,Fletcher missed his first 5 pens in a row.Yes,he probably wet himself facing gk next time.

What have I done wrong?I don't use stutter a lot but most of time I aim to angles which gks are hard to reach to(well in real life).

Do I need to change my pace quite often before I shoot?I start doubting myself now.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚Perhaps my football knowledge is basic EA could you teach me the right way to shoot?Or maybe make a tutorial vid before new game releases?

Ps guys don't talk about the S word here EA doesn't permit thank you!

Comments

• MaldinisHeir
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    The penalty conversation rates are completely out of whack.

I only get about 5 penalties per season and I miss 4 of them.....

But I play matches through Exhibition Mode and use Football Manager to sim seasons. This allows me to basically do what I want with the games. I don't cheat: if I lose I lose no matter how outrageously.

However because I believe the penalty conversation rates are just plain wrong I actually count a missed penalty as a goal (provided it doesn't change the result of the game). I do lots of silly things like that.

Years ago in PES they forgot to have any penalties in the game but it was really easy to intercept goal kicks. So any time I intercepted a goal kick I recorded it as a penalty....

Yes I'm weird.
  • Richie827
    The penalty conversation rates are completely out of whack.

I only get about 5 penalties per season and I miss 4 of them.....

But I play matches through Exhibition Mode and use Football Manager to sim seasons. This allows me to basically do what I want with the games. I don't cheat: if I lose I lose no matter how outrageously.

However because I believe the penalty conversation rates are just plain wrong I actually count a missed penalty as a goal (provided it doesn't change the result of the game). I do lots of silly things like that.

Years ago in PES they forgot to have any penalties in the game but it was really easy to intercept goal kicks. So any time I intercepted a goal kick I recorded it as a penalty....

Yes I'm weird.

First off thanks your comment.
    I read about your post man,It's not weird at all.In fact I think It's kind of inspiration for me.For the reason that football games are not only about winning but having fun and be creative.Keep doing what u doing.I hope one day a football video game combines all the good elements from both fifa and fm.

EA should work on slider settings in which give us more choices to adjust the game.Something like penalty convertIon rate.
  • Richie827
    Miss again this time Robben.
  • MaldinisHeir
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    First off thanks your comment.
    I read about your post man,It's not weird at all.In fact I think It's kind of inspiration for me.For the reason that football games are not only about winning but having fun and be creative.Keep doing what u doing.I hope one day a football video game combines all the good elements from both fifa and fm.

EA should work on slider settings in which give us more choices to adjust the game.Something like penalty convertIon rate.

Thanks.

I just find doing it this way I'm able to fix things on the fly. One of the biggest frustrations I have with all games is not that they make mistakes but they then prevent the player from doing anything about it.

For example in Career Mode you cannot edit other teams no matter how badly they are set up tactically. Sure we could go through every single team in edit mode before we start a Career Mode however it would lack context. You need to be able to actually edit teams as you go along so you can set them defensively or attacking or whatever. You might even need to jump in at half time and change things which is another thing I am able to do outside of Career Mode. If they just let us at it we could do it ourselves.

Things like the penalty stats are just a silly mistake that they made when they developed the game. So I have a silly work around which I am able to do because I am not tied to one rigid game mode.

In my "career mode" I am now in 21/22 and the Qatar World Cup is in November/December. Football Manager have done an amazing job re-arranging the fixtures so that the season started in July and I presume there'll be a knock on effect the following season. Apart from being a nice detail it's also really mixed things up. It's changed the usual order of fixtures and just freshened things up.

Some might say this is an excellent attention to detail but I actually just think it's a pretty basic thing for a company that is developing a football game to think abut. Obviously it didn't even dawn on EA to factor this in. And forget about Brexit!