The secret best RB in the game is...

MHoney1234
7680 posts League Winner
edited May 7
FB Luiz. 7 chem, with a shadow, I watched this dude catch TOTY Neymar, beat TOTY CR7 at the back post and defensively never ventured out of position. A monster at FB

I only used him there for 1 WL when I sold OTW Cancelo to fund POTY VVD. Small full backs are not the one this year, big, bulky tanks are the way forward.

Comments

• JT_cfc
    276 posts Sunday League Hero
    Gutted I didn't do his sbc. Used so many rbs like Dumfries cancelo aurier taa but none of them are nearly as good as ff mendy on the left.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    JT_cfc wrote: »
    Gutted I didn't do his sbc. Used so many rbs like Dumfries cancelo aurier taa but none of them are nearly as good as ff mendy on the left.

So versitile. A bargain if you think back to his cost being around 250k
  • Jeyj38
    1215 posts Professional
    NIF Aurier is amazing if you ask me.
  • Rookie_Gold1
    362 posts Sunday League Hero
    Best one is STILL Juanfran FB
  • D0lvl
    1465 posts Play-Off Hero
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/477050/fb-luiz-as-rb#latest

I’ve also had great result using him at RB.

I’m glad I didn’t sacrifice him into POTY VVD sbc.
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    14233 posts Has That Special Something
    Ramos
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    D0lvl wrote: »
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/477050/fb-luiz-as-rb#latest

I’ve also had great result using him at RB.

I’m glad I didn’t sacrifice him into POTY VVD sbc.

Tbf mate, it was this thread that made me try him there. He’s very solid. You can’t get past him
  • Nelmser
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I fully regret not completing flasback Dan Alves way back.

I have sbc Florenzi right now and he’s decent enough.
  • HollyweedFC
    16 posts Ball Boy
    Any la liga RB worth getting that's not tiny? Or someone to sub in that's similar to Luiz? someone available in the market. I love using IF Semedo but he does get beat
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Any la liga RB worth getting that's not tiny? Or someone to sub in that's similar to Luiz? someone available in the market. I love using IF Semedo but he does get beat

IF de Marcos
  • NonFlyingDutchman
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    FB Luiz. 7 chem, with a shadow, I watched this dude catch TOTY Neymar, beat TOTY CR7 at the back post and defensively never ventured out of position. A monster at FB

I only used him there for 1 WL when I sold OTW Cancelo to fund POTY VVD. Small full backs are not the one this year, big, bulky tanks are the way forward.

Now, this is interesting!
    Currently using SMS with shadow (have the impression I’m the only one using him RB, everyone else seems to wanna move him to midfield). He is by far the best RB I’ve tried this game, mostly because of his ability to win headers both in attack and defense.

If I ever get the coins to get a better CB than Luiz (there aren’t many), I might try this! Thanks!
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner

Currently using SMS with shadow (have the impression I’m the only one using him RB, everyone else seems to wanna move him to midfield). He is by far the best RB I’ve tried this game, mostly because of his ability to win headers both in attack and defense.

If I ever get the coins to get a better CB than Luiz (there aren’t many), I might try this! Thanks!

No worries dude. SMS RB is a great shout too. All weekend I had dudes loving CR7, Ibra and Gullit to wide CAM. First WL I haven’t conceded a back post header. Nerfed El Tornado with POTY VVD at CB and Luiz at FB
  • Gripbrah
    530 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited May 7
    Fut Swap Da Costa considering how easy he was to get
    6'2 88 jumping 87 strength
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Gripbrah wrote: »
    Fut Swap Da Costa considering how easy he was to get
    6'2 88 jumping 87 strength

Yep! He’s solid too
  • Delboy13710
    4725 posts National Call-Up

No worries dude. SMS RB is a great shout too. All weekend I had dudes loving CR7, Ibra and Gullit to wide CAM. First WL I haven’t conceded a back post header. Nerfed El Tornado with POTY VVD at CB and Luiz at FB

The back post headers to Gullit and Cr7 were real this weekend never noticed it that much before tbh .
    Got done 3 times resulting in 3 losses this weekend . Had to sub out Florenzi for SMS . Might give SBC Manolas a run out at RB 😂
  • RebelRob
    5039 posts Big Money Move
    Florenzi for me is quality, the only obvious flaw is height, but the pace is good enough to catch most, tacking enough to hold his own and his passing, crossing and shooting is what makes him stand out imo.
  • limjitwe
    6739 posts Big Money Move
    Might try this. The back post header Is infuriating
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner

The back post headers to Gullit and Cr7 were real this weekend never noticed it that much before tbh .
    Got done 3 times resulting in 3 losses this weekend . Had to sub out Florenzi for SMS . Might give SBC Manolas a run out at RB 😂

This is why I’m not gonna bother with Valencia. Anyone 85 pace can’t catch a 99, and with a 6ft 2 + FB with good jumping takes the back post out the game. It’s beautiful watching the ball lobbed up with the big man with the perm head it away lol
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Florenzi for me is quality, the only obvious flaw is height, but the pace is good enough to catch most, tacking enough to hold his own and his passing, crossing and shooting is what makes him stand out imo.

Good player, better at CM though?
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Might try this. The back post header Is infuriating

It’s the reason you see so many pro players with TOTY Ramos and Varane at FB. Completely nerfs one of the most OP moves in the game. Must have had 100 crosses into the back post and Luiz didn’t lose one.
  • JT_cfc
    276 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fut swap da costa is terrible for me. His positioning is way off as a fullback. I still use Dumfries and he rarely lose any header but he still feel sluggish against some of the quicker wingers
  • NonFlyingDutchman
    With shadow he gets pace boost, off course, but u might wanna consider anchor for slightly better defence, and more importantly - boosted jumping!
  • cboz18
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    POTM Goretzka swapped with Florenzi is another good shout
  • NonFlyingDutchman
    cboz18 wrote: »
    POTM Goretzka swapped with Florenzi is another good shout

Goretzka is probably a decent rb, but no way near the aforementioned. Jumping and strength way to low, won’t win you a single header against top players
  • Ishibum
    12267 posts Has That Special Something
    I am currently using 87 Vrsaljko. FB Alves is great but getting caught far too often on those headers. Still, Alves on as a super sub at cdm is still more than decent.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    That Vrsaliko was a ball ache to get. Fair play to anyone who did him, I just couldn’t be bothered to grind him
  • RVN_10
    294 posts Sunday League Hero
    Anybody looking to do similar with that fut birthday Kyle Walker from the fut swaps??
  • Glass0nion
    3937 posts National Call-Up
    Alonso
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    RVN_10 wrote: »
    Anybody looking to do similar with that fut birthday Kyle Walker from the fut swaps??

Tbf another solid shout.
    Glass0nion wrote: »
    Alonso

He’s got 99 pace in game, catches Best or R9 every time from 10 yards behind
  • Ishibum
    12267 posts Has That Special Something
    RVN_10 wrote: »

Depending on the swaps I get, he's on my radar.