Goalkeepers and basic chem style

NonFlyingDutchman
435 posts Sunday League Hero
edited May 2019
Originally asked in “best goalie”-poll, but no answers:”.

Question: With basic chem style my Cech is almost maxed out statwise, with exception of kicking and speed (imo the 2 least important ones). Wouldn’t that mean that most keepers above 90 would be similar with basic chem, and that it’s their height and traits that make the real difference?

Edit: Cech 91, that is.

Comments

• Jovand1988
    644 posts An Exciting Prospect
    For some reason some GKs play better/worse with other chem styles
    Like my PIM Schmeicel was quite poor with Basic but for me best GK in game with Wall chem for some reason
    Tried most of the top 10 GKs too
  • CustardHippo
    3284 posts National Call-Up
    In theory yes. When you view the stats with basic almost all keepers 84+ are maxed out however reality is you wouldn't touch some with a barge pole.

Also worth noting, whilst some people might say they used Navas for example and he was invincible, others will say he couldn't catch a cold.

Personally I liked a tall keeper with a long throw and reasonable weakfoot. But as above mentioned, some do play better with certain chem styles. I'm using Courtois on basic and for the most part he is solid. Still concedes the usual BS goals but that's fifa.
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    i used to use Glove but i use basic nowadays, i honestly can't feel the difference

hence my own thread of "disadvantage of chem cards"
  • NonFlyingDutchman
    Just sorted keepers over 196 cm on futbin, and figured that the tall options are courtois 199, van der sar 197, and Cech/donnarumma at 196.

Van der sar will never come anywhere near my team, so I guess I’ll stick with Cech for a while, and if I swap to say a la liga defense during tots I’ll just buy courtois.
  • nextqprmanager
    3760 posts National Call-Up
    Forster ?
  • NonFlyingDutchman
    Forster ?

Haha 😂 you are right, I see now that I messed up the search (had it sorted by ovr, and missed the lower rated ones).

Forster must be the best keeper in the game then I guess, at least if he gets an IF or ToTS 🤞🤞
  • Bigfootisblurry
    2375 posts Fans' Favourite
    You need to look at the reactions stat, it doesn't get updated with special cards
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    I explained why, reactions don't get upgraded. And reactions are just as important as any other GK stat. You just chose not to listen to me.
  • alex1987
    5906 posts Big Money Move
    Just sorted keepers over 196 cm on futbin, and figured that the tall options are courtois 199, van der sar 197, and Cech/donnarumma at 196.

Van der sar will never come anywhere near my team, so I guess I’ll stick with Cech for a while, and if I swap to say a la liga defense during tots I’ll just buy courtois.

89 Van der Sar has been the best goalkeeper i have used by far.
  • NonFlyingDutchman
    AFC_95 wrote: »
    I explained why, reactions don't get upgraded. And reactions are just as important as any other GK stat. You just chose not to listen to me.

Nope, didn’t choose not to listen - just didn’t see your reply in the other thread until now. And, was off course joking about Forster being the best keeper 😁

Your point about reactions not being upgraded is massive, and finally understand now why, Cech in my instance, isn’t and can’t ever be the best goalie in the game (his reactions is 75-76 I think).

Yashin has 92 reactions, but is a bit low with his 189 cm. I guess de gea is a solid option with both strong height and reactions - to bad he plays for man u.. 😕

Thank you for enlightening me btw 🤘

• AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    AFC_95 wrote: »

Nope, didn’t choose not to listen - just didn’t see your reply in the other thread until now. And, was off course joking about Forster being the best keeper 😁

Your point about reactions not being upgraded is massive, and finally understand now why, Cech in my instance, isn’t and can’t ever be the best goalie in the game (his reactions is 75-76 I think).

Yashin has 92 reactions, but is a bit low with his 189 cm. I guess de gea is a solid option with both strong height and reactions - to bad he plays for man u.. 😕

Thank you for enlightening me btw 🤘

Like I said, definitely height and traits are important but reactions are so important that they have to he shown and upgraded. But they aren't. It's why base Neuer and De Gea are some of the best keepers as they have the highest reactions for a base keeper.
  • EricVanDerek
    708 posts Semi-Pro
    I've used (untradeable) NIF De Gea for over 900 games now - I've just left him on Basic chem, and generally he's fantastic.

(Obviously if the game decides your keeper is to be a big blob of jelly, there's nothing you can do...)

But the one thing I've noticed over the last couple of weeks is that he can't catch anything - any half-powerful shot he's pushing away. Given how OP corners are, this is a problem...
    His standard handling is "only" 85, so with Basic chem that increases to 95 - I can't believe that is too low, but I'm going to try him with a Glove chem to see if he starts catching balls more often.

(alternatively, the game is somehow just mirroring his IRL performances...)

Watch this space...