The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Got a 30 day ban on PSN - what to do?

fifaplayerbol
4372 posts National Call-Up
My own fault, was triggered after a game by someone and sent a message I thought would be safe in terms of not breaking the terms of service. Turns out it was. Boom 30 day ban.

Should I create a new account or wait the 30 days?

Anyone else started from scratch recently - is it difficult, do you wish you hadn't? I have a team worth 15 mil, 6 mil at least liquid.

Any advice would be appreciated?

Comments

• miri
    2770 posts Fans' Favourite
    30 days? What the hell did you say? I told someone who messaged me to hang themselves once and only got 3 days. :joy:
  • fifaplayerbol
    miri wrote: »
    30 days? What the hell did you say? I told someone who messaged me to hang themselves once and only got 3 days. :joy:

Its because I had a 7 day suspension before last year.

I told the bloke "thanks for watching all the replays - I really hope no harm comes to your family".

Not the smartest thing to say, he then swears outright at me and says he is reporting me :D both of our messages look like they got us account infringements.

• Mini_Miudo
    9984 posts Has That Special Something

It scales up. 3 days -> 1 week -> 1 month -> lifetime ban

Just play on a different account until your main is unbanned if you wanna play, obviously. There's nothing else you can do.
  • fifaplayerbol
    Chapman wrote: »

I told the bloke "thanks for watching all the replays - I really hope no harm comes to your family".

Not the smartest thing to say, he then swears outright at me and says he is reporting me :D both of our messages look like they got us account infringements.

Absolutely disgusting. Mentioning someone's family over a game! I bet you are the type who wishes people would get cancer after you get beat.
    Not gona lie, pretty disgusting comments..

You deserve everything you get.

I didn't actually wish harm on them, I did the opposite.

Don't act like you have never thought ill on your opponent - especially when they play the game in such a way to cause you anger.
  • BGAlum
    1447 posts Play-Off Hero
    One, your comments are borderline lifetime ban. Two, why would you even bother to play the game at all anymore?

Is it really worth it? Given it clearly brings out a very disgusting aspect of your personality combined with the poor game play?

I would not bother creating a new account. The effort to get to a competitive squad, depending on your level, would be a real pain and even more frustrating, which would lead to you probably being triggered on that account too.
  • fifaplayerbol
    BGAlum wrote: »
    One, your comments are borderline lifetime ban. Two, why would you even bother to play the game at all anymore?

Is it really worth it? Given it clearly brings out a very disgusting aspect of your personality combined with the poor game play?

I would not bother creating a new account. The effort to get to a competitive squad, depending on your level, would be a real pain and even more frustrating, which would lead to you probably being triggered on that account too.

I wouldn't say the comments are a borderline lifetime ban, but the rest I agree with.

• Chavez76
    4252 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2019
    tbh you are threatning the family of the guy you are playing.. not sure how you think about that yourself ?

what good has EVER gotten from messaging someone apart from getting bans for you?

yes, everyone gets triggered in this game.. that does not mean you should act upon it.

*edit typo
  • malky
    487 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yip you deserve your ban
  • Chubz
    3230 posts National Call-Up
    At least you were honest bro, GL
  • Nervous_Nick
    6170 posts Big Money Move
    Glad to know they're actually doing something when you report those nasty messages...
  • Delboy13710
    6254 posts Big Money Move
    Lol some passive aggression going on there .
    I was off for around 3 weeks last year .
    Opened a new account just played Draft had some great pulls but eventually got bored and waited for my account to come back .
  • Stevie12
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Would think about blocking communications from people outside your friends list if you cant deal with it.
  • fifaplayerbol
    Think I will give fifa a break for a month.

I have lost 2 mil coins in the last 3 weeks playing the game with the market going down, so probably just best if I leave my coin total for a month and come back when everyone is cheaper
  • JohnDoe
    11343 posts Has That Special Something
    Dude, try this one simple trick: don't message random strangers you play against on FIFA online matches. You stand nothing to gain, but you can and will make yourself look like an ❤️❤️❤️❤️ for sending the type of passive-aggressive messages which got you your 30-day ban.
  • Ishibum
    13590 posts Has That Special Something

:lol: oh dear
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    5698 posts Big Money Move
    Jason1986 wrote: »

I bet he feels well hard messaging people abuse.... proper hard man material better be scared of him.
  • Demon_reborn
    2709 posts Fans' Favourite
    why not play career mode for a bit. better gameplay than ut.
  • aladdin
    1409 posts Professional
    chelsea fan. no surprise tbh
  • Devers
    7586 posts League Winner
    Deserved
  • Purplejacket
    2948 posts National Call-Up
    Block messages from non friends. U cant complain.
  • Miigue
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Block messages from non friends. U cant complain.

I did it and it was the best decision ever. I packed Gullit in the early stages of the game, and I wasn't that good at FIFA at the time, needless to say, I received Nasty messages after 90% of my matches.
  • MHoney1234
    9997 posts Has That Special Something
    Think I will give fifa a break for a month.

I have lost 2 mil coins in the last 3 weeks playing the game with the market going down, so probably just best if I leave my coin total for a month and come back when everyone is cheaper

Just trade on the app and turn messaging off. Not worth the risk.
  • Gunnercp
    1368 posts Professional
    Didn't you get a lengthy ban last year? :D
  • Poolstu123
    773 posts Semi-Pro
    BGAlum wrote: »

“You said something ... you should be banned”

Get a grip
  • daydreamer45
    334 posts Sunday League Hero
    thats why i put off the chat in psn to avoid getting hate message. used to be getting those message once awhile, even if i am losing.
  • ozcs_69
    3721 posts National Call-Up
    My own fault, was triggered after a game by someone and sent a message I thought would be safe in terms of not breaking the terms of service. Turns out it was. Boom 30 day ban.

Should I create a new account or wait the 30 days?

Anyone else started from scratch recently - is it difficult, do you wish you hadn't? I have a team worth 15 mil, 6 mil at least liquid.

Any advice would be appreciated?

i just started less than 20 days ago, made an easy 1 million in the time been and its easy as
  • Bigfootisblurry
    2369 posts Fans' Favourite
    Aren't you the same guy that joked about beating women last year?