Have you guys seen Nepenthez's new video?

JayyThunder
4225 posts Big Money Move

Go to 11:00 and watch his first three goals...

This game is DISGUSTING. I don't care that the guy he was playing wasn't good. This is ridiculous.

Comments

• starfox1284
    1512 posts Play-Off Hero
    This game.....
  • Maxjek95
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yup, completely ridiculous. As an opponent you can't do a fock, that makes it even more frustrating.
  • Orison
    47007 posts FIFA Cover Star
    That's what happens when you make finishing random and unrewarding.

Good players want ways to minimize RNG and so this and the volleys after lobbing the ball to an outside CAM are the semi consistent ways of scoring and those are what good players get drawn to.

If finishing was consistent and it was worth creating proper chances then people would do that.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4821 posts Big Money Move
    Did you even listen to anything he said?? He literally says in this very video how much he hates having to resort to such measures to score....

He does it so he gets the wins he needs to get the rewards he needs for a video. Nothing else, nothing more.... he even admits it broken and stupid...

Wish people would stop bashing folk on YouTube and wake up....

This game is trash and horrid to play because of EA, not because of the community or some youtuber....

Literally nobody bashed nep at all.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12803 posts Has That Special Something
    Did you even listen to anything he said?? He literally says in this very video how much he hates having to resort to such measures to score....

He does it so he gets the wins he needs to get the rewards he needs for a video. Nothing else, nothing more.... he even admits it broken and stupid...

This game is trash and horrid to play because of EA, not because of the community or some youtuber....

So why did the OP choose neps video to bash this technique of scoring? Why not a live event video ...seen as literally every overrated "pro" is doing this ...all I'm saying. It's also really late where I am...if this was put up at prime time UK, the moaners against youtubers would be out in force ...
  • Pocketsquareguy

So why did the OP choose neps video to bash this technique of scoring? Why not a live event video ...seen as literally every overrated "pro" is doing this ...all I'm saying. It's also really late where I am...if this was put up at prime time UK, the moaners against youtubers would be out in force ...

My assumption is because it’s a video from today that OP watched and prompted him to make the thread.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12803 posts Has That Special Something

My assumption is because it’s a video from today that OP watched and prompted him to make the thread.

Most likely, but I wouldn't be surprised if he used neps video because he hates youtubers either tbh
  • Pocketsquareguy

Most likely, but I wouldn't be surprised if he used neps video because he hates youtubers either tbh

Most of the hate is of YouTubers that glorify buying packs. Castro/Bateson, which is justified IMO because they’re influencing young people. But someone like nick at run the fut market is literally showing you how to make coins without spending money. And nep has not been spending money lately, just spamming league sbc’s. I find that YouTube hate is more geared toward the content. Not just all youtubers.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    edited May 4

Dude you tubers are a BIG reason why this game is in the shape it’s in. Don’t give me that non-sense. If they “hate” how the game is played, and they’re such and influence then why don’t they do something about it? Castro, AA9, whoever. They talk ish about the game but they’re the first ones at the live events talking about how great everything is.

Exactly this. YouTubers are the only people that have the platform to make EA listen. But the big ones don’t because they’re scared of EA. That is why most hardcore fifa fans have a great deal of respect for the good YouTubers that speak out (nick, nep, inception), while are critical of the shill YouTubers.

Then you have good content YouTubers like Andy. He doesn’t speak out. But his content is original and fun. Not just opening packs.
  • MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something

Tbf, the only ones I bash are Castro because he’s a fraud (blocked me on all social media because I exposed him), and that guy that said the “n word”. :)
  • ozcs_69
    2995 posts National Call-Up
    but he keeps saying that he hates doing it, but its the way game is driving it to be played ...
  • Pila4life
    311 posts Sunday League Hero
    My only question is how does he have such fast and smooth gameplay. I can’t sniff gameplay like this. EVER
  • Michael_28
    75 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    He's such a ****. Says he's bored of it and constantly does the same skill moves, that no player in the history of football actually does on a weekly basis.
  • FreddieKane
    461 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pila4life wrote: »
    My only question is how does he have such fast and smooth gameplay. I can’t sniff gameplay like this. EVER

My biggest gripe, I'm honestly happy losing to boring goals through gameplay exploits as long as I can play the way I want to instead of the game being dictated by button lag constantly :(
  • Don_seanado
    378 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited May 4
    It's amazing how many people excuse content creators for a choice. I don't play like that, i may not enjoy the gameplay but i don't need to do any of that stuff to win games or enjoy the some of games i do play. People always want to make it seem as if the game is unplayable if you actually attempt to play actual football to some degree. That is a lie.
    Post edited by Don_seanado on
  • humping_klown
    930 posts Semi-Pro
    @Archerinho who regularly gets 20-25 wins on PC in fut champs NEVER have i seen him need to use some exploit skill move to win or score a goal .

I can get 14 - 17 wins and never have i el tornado 'd or exploited other skill moves / Ai defending .

its a fallacy that the only way to win is to exploit because the game is broken .
  • humping_klown
    930 posts Semi-Pro

"KILLING AND STEALING ARE SO EVIL AND WRONG I HATE IT BUT IT'S BECAUSE OF SOCIETY AND MY SOCIOECONOMIC SITUATION" *continues to kill and steal*

Lol like he legit has a choice and doesn't have to resort to those methods to play, he's a content creator, not a pro, many people don't resort to those measures and enjoy the game all the same. Stop making excuses for people who choose to use exploits. "oh the game, oh the game..." yes we are fully aware the game is broken but YOU ALL still have to make a conscious decision the utilize exploits. NO ONE forced you.

But if he starts passing the ball instead of spamming tornadoes and croquetas he won't be able to feed his family :'(

can't he eat those croquettes ? :joy:
  • Safehands84
    3298 posts National Call-Up

Sorry but I disagree. This is not defending the game in anyway. However the game is built within a limited framework with boundaries. As such there will always be exploits, until technology is fully capable of AI thinking for themselves this will always be the case.goung from the very first fifa where if you went to corner of the box and aimed at far corner it was guaranteed a goal to the state of the latest instalments.

YouTuber have a captive audience of millions and a far reaching influence of the community and how average Joe will play. Even more so than pros, go and see the difference in views between popular you tube videos and final of fifa tournaments, more watch the YouTuber than pros.
    Look It is there job, so they will do what they can to get the most views and money. Also they have to be competitive or people wouldn't watch them, but they are part of the problem.
  • Mmandras
    1705 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 4
    Youtubers have nothing to do with the state Fifa is in. They just make videos with popular strategies that exploit mechanics and make pack opening videos, because that's what people want and that's what this game is all about - gambling and exploiting engine imperfections. EA wouldn't listen to them, they couldn't solve server issues, make dynamic card pictures stick to cards, and other stuff. I'm not saying they are incompetant, but using resources as they seem fit. We are not that far away from Fifa 20 and they have their best teams at that. And youtubers would make fun videos out of everything. They make the same ammount of views if the game is good or bad. EA does listen to an extent, they fixed timed shots, but mostly they are just following their internal agenda when it comes to low pack weight, increased chance for 45 and 90 min goals...
  • humping_klown
    930 posts Semi-Pro
    Mmandras wrote: »
    Youtubers have nothing to do with the state Fifa is in. They just make videos with popular strategies that exploit mechanics and make pack opening videos, because that's what people want and that's what this game is all about - gambling and exploiting engine imperfections. EA wouldn't listen to them, they couldn't solve server issues, make dynamic card pictures stick to cards, and other stuff. I'm not saying they are incompetant, but using resources as they seem fit. We are not that far away from Fifa 20 and they have their best teams at that. And youtubers would make fun videos out of everything. They make the same ammount of views if the game is good or bad. EA does listen to an extent, they fixed timed shots, but mostly they are just following their internal agenda when it comes to low pack weight, increased chance for 45 and 90 min goals...

they are at fault for the way the game is being played . Just because the game is a bit naff - there are still a huge amount of us who try to play the game the way it is intended to be played . These youtubers show people how not worry about playing good football and instead use fifa's version of ' up , down , left , right A+START"
  • CharlieC
    6097 posts Big Money Move

They are incompetent at producing good gameplay and geniuses at making people spend money.
  • Don_seanado
    378 posts Sunday League Hero

you are aware that people have A CHOICE in how they want to play? If people literally didn't beg for "Meta" and exploits people would play the game normally and then we could actually have EA address REAL issues, like : tackling mechanics, pass accuracy, nutmeg goals, deflections, kick offs etc... but not to go off track, at the end of the day, as bad as the game is, some of us try to play the game as we see it on TV or in stadiums and it is an effective means of playing the game. EA's mechanics at no point put a gun to these content creator's or any player's head and say "DO THE BROKEN EL TORNADO CROSS! DO IT NOW!"
  • WarrenBarton
    7045 posts Big Money Move
    What a **** that nepo guy is.
    Using his influence for bad once again.
    I only watched 2 mins of it and I felt like I wanted to die
  • iTaLenTZ
    462 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I feel exactly the same way as Nep. Game is absolute trash and I hate the way everyone has to play to get wins. Drop back + spamming Y on the wings, spam croquetas, spam **** crosses and press B. Game is absolute shambles for MONTHS and EA hasn't even attempted to fix any of this **** and instead moved on to the next cashcow Fifa20. At this point I don't care what they even will do, what kind of promises they will make, supposedly new features, new icons added etc etc I won't fall for it. I am completely done with this cancerous company called EA and won't buy any game from them for a long long time.
  • malky
    230 posts Sunday League Hero
    Nothing pro about switching your console on only to do el tornado crosses😂😂😂😂.....I mean how much did his team cost him?....all they coins and top rated cards just to spam el tornado😂😂😂....I watched a game between two "pro's".....the final score was 8-7....now if I conceded 7 or 8 goals in one game I'd hang up my controller👍