The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Viable low budget teams

lIlIlIlIlIl
3874 posts National Call-Up
This is meant to be an attempt at a consolidated thread for low budget advice and building. Everyone is welcome to contribute and critique. This should come in handy as we are heading into TOTS and the vast injection of new high rated cards will inevitably open doors to new exciting and viable low(er) budget teams.

--

I've been seeing so many requests lately for low budget squads and which players are must have.
This is my take on it. I set the budget limit to 2.5M which I feel like at this point is a totally reasonable framework for most people. At the same time, as a D1 player I had to make sure not to leave any compromises and as such several meta players were selected to maximize your chances at winning. The emphasis has been on key stats such as:
  • pace
  • agility
  • 4-5* WF
  • 5* skills
  • physicality on defence
  • high flexibility allowing the player to freely swap positions without compromise

Finally, the key players included were Mbappe and Neymar -- arguably the most influential players this year.

2-5m.png

Comments

• Bakudu76
    1924 posts Play-Off Hero
    Will never build one but i like the creativity and effort behind it.
  • iTz Heppy
    71 posts Park Captain
    Hi there, i'd like to know your thoughts on what to build around eusebio. i have the 89 and would like to play him ST, the budget is 1.3m. Untradeables i have are mainly 91 Cech, Carniball Mendy, Futmas Torreira, FB Tevez, FB Michael Bradley, Europa league moments Mata + Bailey. and then the futswap Lerma and Juan Jesus. Not too many i know but some good cards in there imo
  • Pocketsquareguy
    6156 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 2019
    iTz Heppy wrote: »
    Hi there, i'd like to know your thoughts on what to build around eusebio. i have the 89 and would like to play him ST, the budget is 1.3m. Untradeables i have are mainly 91 Cech, Carniball Mendy, Futmas Torreira, FB Tevez, FB Michael Bradley, Europa league moments Mata + Bailey. and then the futswap Lerma and Juan Jesus. Not too many i know but some good cards in there imo

Should be a challenge for a prize. Build a Uruguay, Jamaican, Usa, Columbian, serie A, mls, premier league,Argentinean league hybrid. With only the one icon.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    edited May 2019

I have managed to get this obscure nation untradeable mess on full chem. I call this “Sanchez is key. Cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!”

I was very tempted to throw salah or son in as low chem striker as I felt we may as well toss Egypt or Korean in the mix while we are at. One note. Leon Bailey isn’t ever getting in with these players. You could obviously use icons. But I like the challenge.

dferr.png
  • PegLeg
    952 posts Semi-Pro
    Bakudu76 wrote: »
    Will never build one but i like the creativity and effort behind it.

Courtouis, Ramos, Varane isn't exactly what I'd call 'creative'
  • lIlIlIlIlIl

Hey. You've got some solid untradeables so naturally you should utilize them as much as you can.
    I've got a two suggestions, tell me what you think.

(1)
    2m.png

Here I went over the budget but managed to come up with something that looks like a blast to play. Perhaps not super competitive; but if you got the coins down the road, it could be something to try out.

(2)
    1-6m.png

You may need to downgrade Havertz to fit your budget.
  • MelkorAintGood
    281 posts Sunday League Hero
    Burn the meta and make your own fun squads.
    El tornados, la croquetas, elastico chains and flick crosses won't help ya to achieve elite rank
  • hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class
    Imposibru!!!

Game is PAY2WIN from what I've read on here.
  • Pocketsquareguy

Hey. You've got some solid untradeables so naturally you should utilize them as much as you can.

(1)
    2m.png

Here I went over the budget but managed to come up with something that looks like a blast to play. Perhaps not super competitive; but if you got the coins down the road, it could be something to try out.

(2)
    1-6m.png

Would be more impressed if someone found a way to get bailey and Bradley and the rest of his untradeables in a squad.
  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    Wait.. 2.5 mil is low budget nowadays?! lol.. even if I sell my whole club I couldn't afford 2.5 mill for one squad..
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    bberger wrote: »
    Wait.. 2.5 mil is low budget nowadays?! lol.. even if I sell my whole club I couldn't afford 2.5 mill for one squad..

We are now 25 weeks into the game's cycle. I think 100k per week is a reasonable income just from playing matches.
  • Pocketsquareguy

We are now 25 weeks into the game's cycle. I think 100k per week is a reasonable income just from playing matches.

Not for casuals. For us yes. But that would involve playing to gold 3. Getting rank 2 rivals every week and some decent pack pulls.
  • Markman007
    3274 posts National Call-Up

Not for casuals. For us yes. But that would involve playing to gold 3. Getting rank 2 rivals every week and some decent pack pulls.

Agreed. Most people prob have clubs they could sell for a million or less. Maybe they could afford one higher end player to build around.

That might be a fun challenge for a budget squad. One player 500-600k tops, use the rest up to 1 million to build a decent squad.
  • CK4795
    277 posts Sunday League Hero
    Says low budget teams and shows 2.5m squad :D
    I dont have time to play fut every day let alone play 30 games at the weekend so all i and a lot of others get, are the rewards from rivals. As a result i only have 1m Coins.
  • MHoney1234
    10013 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 2019
    Here’s a solid 1.5 million squad. Firpo is underrated. He’s amazing with an anchor chem style

kechw0cbxd4u.jpeg
  • El_Nino
    4402 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2019
    2.5 million is not reasonable for the majority. Your going off the commonly posting forumers majority that have 10 mill plus because we play every WL/Rivals and do SBCs.

The majority of people have under a million, to put the forum into perspective, before the division boundaries got changed under 1% of players made up the top 2 divisions, and under 4% were div 3(I saw a link to back up these stats on the discord but don’t have it handy), yet on the forums I’d say division 3 was considered pretty average.

Not to mention all your doing is telling people to spam the same ‘meta’ crap everyone already does, it’s nearly the end of the year surely encourage some creativity rather than the win at all costs mentality
  • El_Nino

(1)
    2m.png

(2)
    1-6m.png

I would think he’d tell you that he asked for Eusebio ST.
  • MHoney1234
    El_Nino wrote: »
    2.5 million is not reasonable for the majority. Your going off the commonly posting forumers majority that have 10 mill plus because we play every WL/Rivals and do SBCs.

The majority of people have under a million, to put the forum into perspective, before the division boundaries got changed under 1% of players made up the top 2 divisions, and under 4% were div 3(I saw a link to back up these stats on the discord but don’t have it handy), yet on the forums I’d say division 3 was considered pretty average.

Not to mention all your doing is telling people to spam the same ‘meta’ crap everyone already does, it’s nearly the end of the year surely encourage some creativity rather than the win at all costs mentality

I think the idea of this post is to create a side capable of playing against 20 million plus teams at 10% of the budget. They need to be meta, that’s the idea behind the post, if you don’t like it, why even get involved? I think it’s budget in comparison to the mega squads available.

• El_Nino
    edited May 2019
    MHoney1234 wrote: »

I think the idea of this post is to create a side capable of playing against 20 million plus teams at 10% of the budget. They need to be meta, that’s the idea behind the post, if you don’t like it, why even get involved? I think it’s budget in comparison to the mega squads available.
    My point is at a budget of 2.5 million baring the 0.1% who’ve just got a lucky pull the other 99% have played a lot of games to get to 2.5 million and don’t need to be told Mbappe is effective...
    The thread would have a lot more relevance if aimed at people with 500k.

This thread just misses the point completely, it’s aimed at people in higher divisions with a lot of coins, these people are well well aware of what the ‘meta’ strategies are.

People who need to be taught which players are ‘meta’ are people with 500k and less who are in division 4/5 and lower.

• MHoney1234

My point is at a budget of 2.5 million baring the 0.1% who’ve just got a lucky pull the other 99% have played a lot of games to get to 2.5 million and don’t need to be told Mbappe is effective...

This thread just misses the point completely, it’s aimed at people in higher divisions with a lot of coins, these people are well well aware of what the ‘meta’ strategies are.

People who need to be taught which players are ‘meta’ are people with 500k and less who are in division 4/5 and lower.

But people in div 4 can still use tactics aimed at div 1 and the meta if they wish. Unless they can’t read? I do get what you’re saying, but I think 1-1.5 million, instead of 500k, at this stage is fairly achievable.
  • Kiido
    547 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I wouldn't say that 2.5 million is low budget. Not even at this stage, but my team is worth roughly that. I am currently in division 1 with 2300 skillpoints and it works fine. At this point all I play are mega squads so it's always an uphill battle for me

2ut4wvn.png

Can switch to 41212 if it doesn't work 4-3-3. Got a few of these untradable like de Gea/Robertson/Meunier but they aren't that expensive anyway and can be watered down if necessary. I would always advice to get CR7 in your team if you want to make any sort of impact against good opponents. You aren't going to win those battles with an IF Yedder or Aguero...

That only works in lower divisions or low division 1
  • Kiido
    Bare in mind, I start 4-3-3 for full chem except for de Gea who is on 8 chem because of van Dijk
  • MHoney1234
    Kiido wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that 2.5 million is low budget. Not even at this stage, but my team is worth roughly that. I am currently in division 1 with 2300 skillpoints and it works fine. At this point all I play are mega squads so it's always an uphill battle for me

2ut4wvn.png

Can switch to 41212 if it doesn't work 4-3-3. Got a few of these untradable like de Gea/Robertson/Meunier but they aren't that expensive anyway and can be watered down if necessary. I would always advice to get CR7 in your team if you want to make any sort of impact against good opponents. You aren't going to win those battles with an IF Yedder or Aguero...

I recognise this team. You on PS4?
  • El_Nino

But people in div 4 can still use tactics aimed at div 1 and the meta if they wish. Unless they can’t read? I do get what you’re saying, but I think 1-1.5 million, instead of 500k, at this stage is fairly achievable.
    My group of 7-8 who all play Fifa but much less seriously they range from division 2-4(after the changes) and none of them have over a million, bar one and that’s due to him packing baby R9.

While I don’t personally like spreading the win at all costs mentality to every corner of the Fifa world if someone wants to then fine, my point on this thread would be OP is missing the point with the budget
  • Kiido

2ut4wvn.png

I play on Xbox :blush:

• MHoney1234

My group of 7-8 who all play Fifa but much less seriously they range from division 2-4(after the changes) and none of them have over a million, bar one and that’s due to him packing baby R9.

While I don’t personally like spreading the win at all costs mentality to every corner of the Fifa world if someone wants to then fine, my point on this thread would be OP is missing the point with the budget

So millions of players and your budget analysis is based on 7. Right.
  • MHoney1234

2ut4wvn.png

I play on Xbox :blush:

I saw someone with that same Cancelo, Lala, Meunier and Willian combo recently. Must be a new trend B)
  • El_Nino

So millions of players and your budget analysis is based on 7. Right.

Christ. I’m giving an incredibly small sample size becuase it’s all I have to go off. Your massively over-estimating how much 75% of people play this game, yes the forum who play many games every week rack up coins, but the forum is incredibly elitist, Fifa millionaires who spend hours on hours improving and grinding the game. That does not represent the high majority of players
  • Iks
    450 posts Sunday League Hero
    Would be interesting to get statistics but I am pretty sure that having 2.5M is around top 5% players.
    All my friends dont trade and have less than 1M ... they play the game regularly but casually and certainly dont earn 100k a week !