An in depth 433(5) guide - Now also an anti-meta thread

Comments

• EisenErmin
    5156 posts Big Money Move
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    madwullie wrote: »
    Pulled cavani in my reds. He'll go on the bench for the 4231-2

Got Thauvin and Marquinos, both will find their destination in the Ronaldo SBC i a few hours

I'm using Marquinhos in one of my teams atm and he's pretty good so far but I guess you'll have no need with your team..

Cannot fit him in unless i replace both of my CB and my GK aswell. Would be a downgrade in all 3 positions, so i wont do that.
  • madwullie
    4006 posts National Call-Up
    Just played a game with the (5). Beaten 2-1, I had 3 shots all on target, 90% passing accuracy, 65% possession and absolutely loved it. The guy I was playing was trying to play decent football too, the game had the atmosphere of a kick about before WL tomorrow.

Even though you're playing against the game as well as your op with the (5) it's definitely my favourite formation for playing nice, enjoyable football
  • Baschti
    211 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 20
    Anyone experience with the (3)?

Thanks to all for feedback to (5) @EisenErmin @madwullie
  • madwullie
    Sorry mate no idea about the (3). Sounds like the devil's work tbh
  • Khangaskhan17
    3845 posts National Call-Up
    Some 433(5) action :)

• EisenErmin
    Finished the Ronaldo SBC last night. Looking foreward to try him. I think i bought like 10x Ederson in the progress to dump him in the 17!!!! SBC parts along with some other SBC favorites like Savic, Adan and my old friend Lacazette. Got rid of almost all my high rated untredeables, but overall i paid less than 1.5 million. I had to buy 3 Icons for 300K each over the last days, but otherwise the lots of TOTS GK i packed found their destiny. Chiellini TOTS ans some french TOTS dudes lost their "virtual life" in the process aswell :smile:

Good luck to everyone in the WL.
  • Feurez
    145 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Was looking forward to play some WL games this weekend to test the 4231-2 with madwullies tactics. Seccond game that I completely dominated was at 2:2 and while I was running to shoot a penalty in min 83. my opponent quit. Not excited to play anymore as such people completely take the fun out of the game. That is so pathetic...
  • EisenErmin
    Feurez wrote: »
    Was looking forward to play some WL games this weekend to test the 4231-2 with madwullies tactics. Seccond game that I completely dominated was at 2:2 and while I was running to shoot a penalty in min 83. my opponent quit. Not excited to play anymore as such people completely take the fun out of the game. That is so pathetic...

It is what it is whith all these toxic fifa players around. At least he got a loss unless he figured out some kind of no loss glitch. Had some guys quitting before i could shoot my penalty in online singles for the weekly objectives. These games dont matter much, but he could have quit when i scored or hope that i miss.
  • EisenErmin
    Icon Ronaldo had a great start as CF in WL. Scored 4 in 2 games including a rediculous byciclekick. One of my favorite goals the whole year and it took him less than 45 minutes to pull that off.
  • JVO97NL
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hey guys, who would you rather play at CDM? PIM Blanc or Scream Busquets? I have a Ajax/Barca/Dutch squad and I've tried Prime Rijkaard but he's not good enough imo. Haven't tried PIM Blanc yet as I completed his SBC yesterday, I've seen some people use him at CDM. so I'm just wondering who would be better?
  • Salvatori
    682 posts An Exciting Prospect
    going into the WL rocking the (5) as my main tactic with @madwullie 4231 wide as an "alternate look" to switch to if im not getting traction. So far a mix of the usual toxic opponents and bs, and a couple of decent games.

IN one game i switched to the 4231 when 3 v 2 down, immediately conceded a broken mechanic goal, and in my rage got Dinho sent off so down to 10men with 10mins to go. Came back to 4 v 4 because i think he was thrown by my suddent change of tactic, and won on pens. Was a nice feeling.

Back down to earth in the next game when im 4 v 0 by HT because he has hit 4 first time 180 degree shots.
  • SomeNextGuy
    2398 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 21
    I had a general feeling of dominating, but having little penetration in my first three games this week. I was 0-2, which never happens.

I switched to 4-3-3 4 for my next few games, and I created a lot more. 3-3 at the moment, which is still horrific for me, but I'm scoring more with this at the moment.
  • EisenErmin
    JVO97NL wrote: »
    Hey guys, who would you rather play at CDM? PIM Blanc or Scream Busquets? I have a Ajax/Barca/Dutch squad and I've tried Prime Rijkaard but he's not good enough imo. Haven't tried PIM Blanc yet as I completed his SBC yesterday, I've seen some people use him at CDM. so I'm just wondering who would be better?

None of them. Tried both and they were mediocre. If you have the coins and can fit him in: TOTY Ramos is clearing up everything at CDM
  • BlitzersNL
    24080 posts Club Captain
    Welp, tried playing rivals again and I lost about 10 games in a row? Almost back in div 4 from nearly being in 1 lol

Not used the 433(5) though, so that might've been it.

Fifa sucks :(
  • FreddieKane
    461 posts Sunday League Hero
    Need some advice. Currently using the 4231(2) with TOTS Wijnaldum and Verratti as CDMs who are individually great but think I'm lacking a bit of height/strength in there.

Thinking of replacing Wijnaldum with ideally another box-to-box type (so I can comfortably switch formations) - Would have around 1.1m but would prefer to be spending less.

Has anyone had any recent experience with Pogba (90/91) in similar roles?
  • Delboy13710
    4474 posts National Call-Up
    How you guys getting on ?
    Packed Cavani in my reds and wanted to give him a run , switched from 343 to 4411 and currently on a horrific run 13-7 from 12-3 lol

So benching Cavani and coming back to the (5) just cant Dominate the midfield the way I want without 3 midfielders.
    From now on I'm just sticking with the (5) until the end of the game 😂
  • EisenErmin
    Just lost my first game of the day to a player that did nothing but flick up crosses. I was all over him but missed open shots like never before. CR7 alone should have scored 5 at least. Lost it in overtime. But what do i care, its just a game with more flaws than anything else. In the end these games are costing me the Elite finishing every week. Of course i win some i could and should have lost, but loosing a game where you know that you would have won it 9 times out of 10 is really frustrating.
  • EisenErmin
    It is getting worse and there are people who would just be punched the whole day if they acted like they do online in real life. Believe it or not, i had 26 to 5 shots on target and scored a late winner by a Ibrahimovic header in 122 minute. Won it 4-3 in the end and this clown i faced really had the balls to message me afterwards how bad i am and how undeserved that win was. Some people really need a brain surgery: 26 shots and he had 5. It cannot be much more dominant than i played in that game. As soon as i replyed saying exactly this, he started insulting hate mesage every 20 seconds. Do that in real life on a football pitch or any public place and you wont make it home with all teeth still in the right place.
  • EisenErmin
    How is everyones WL going with the 433(5) so far ?

I still have a lots of games to play and i am at 10-4 so far.

For everyone asking themself if Prime Ronaldo is suited for the CF spot, the answer is YES he is.

16 goals (but only 4 asssists) so far in 14 WL games. He isnt the greatest creator so far, but he gets his goal each and every game. And 5 of my 10 wins came by (early) rage quits, so he would surely be around the 20 goals mark if they all went to full 90 minutes.
  • nicitel32
    1483 posts Play-Off Hero
    I háve to play all matches tonight... Still in cár from a weekend trip..
  • EisenErmin
    nicitel32 wrote: »
    I háve to play all matches tonight... Still in cár from a weekend trip..

Weekend trip surely is more fun than WL, isnt it ? :smile:

So you have a lot of games for the night. Good luck!
  • Delboy13710
    4474 posts National Call-Up

For everyone asking themself if Prime Ronaldo is suited for the CF spot, the answer is YES he is.

16 goals (but only 4 asssists) so far in 14 WL games. He isnt the greatest creator so far, but he gets his goal each and every game. And 5 of my 10 wins came by (early) rage quits, so he would surely be around the 20 goals mark if they all went to full 90 minutes.

Bad 14-7
    I know I'll somehow scrape g1 like always 😅

Next week I'm giving the (5) a full run, should have added Gullit by then hoping he might be the difference in midfield .
    Really wanted Cavani to work but he just dont suit my style ended up costing me close games
  • EisenErmin

Bad 14-7
    I know I'll somehow scrape g1 like always 😅

Next week I'm giving the (5) a full run, should have added Gullit by then hoping he might be the difference in midfield .
    Really wanted Cavani to work but he just dont suit my style ended up costing me close games

Gullit will make a difference for sure. He contributes more to the attack and defense than any other player in the game.
  • Notformeclive
    2324 posts Fans' Favourite
    Has anybody found an effective way of getting the wingers into more dangerous positions (ideally the vacant ST position) on a regular basis?
    You watch Barcelona with Messi at false nine and they always had a wide player who would regularly move into the striker position (Villa, Henry, Eto'o) , wish it was possible t o replicate this but 'stay forward' 'cut inside' 'get in behind' doesn't work as well as it should (imo) and 41212(2) is too narrow in building up.
  • EisenErmin
    Has anybody found an effective way of getting the wingers into more dangerous positions (ideally the vacant ST position) on a regular basis?
    You watch Barcelona with Messi at false nine and they always had a wide player who would regularly move into the striker position (Villa, Henry, Eto'o) , wish it was possible t o replicate this but 'stay forward' 'cut inside' 'get in behind' doesn't work as well as it should (imo) and 41212(2) is too narrow in building up.

Tried cut inside or free roam on the wingers, but doesnt improve their movement into the middle. You could use come short instruction as this was the only thing making them come in the middle.

In general the wingers beeing to wide is the main problem for any 433(5) user here and everyone is mad about it.
  • madwullie
    I use come short, cut inside and come back on defence. That's the most involved I can get them
  • EisenErmin
    I use come short, cut inside and come back on defence. That's the most involved I can get them

Talking 433(5) here, right?

Just checked: i currently have them on free roam and nothing else.
  • madwullie

Yeah the (5)
  • EisenErmin
    edited June 23

Yeah the (5)

Thanks, though so. Just tried that instruction for my last game. Won it, but would have most likely anyway as the opponent was a very predictable through ball spammer.

BTW: 16-7 so far. Might stop at 17 wins for Gold2 as i have to get some squad battle games to for the swap objective. I guess 3 win against legendary should do it, but i hate SB so much.... boring as hell to play the AI.
  • EisenErmin
    I am DONE ! 17-8 and 5 games to go, but i cannot stand all that b u l l s h i t any longer for today. Gold 1 or Gold 2 doesnt matter to me as whats the difference between getting a better pack containing more dupe Kagawas and friends?
    I think the best approach would be just to play the 433(5) and dont worry about results or opposition, but i get angry when i see all these skill abuse from inferior players all the time.
    The only thing thats keeps me smiling at times: when i get mad when having 70% posession and all these b u l l s h i t happening, how bad must my opponent feel when he has 30% posession, 3 passes with his fullbacks each and is loosing in the end. That must be so painfull, but probably these clowns are so degenerated that they dont even notice their misery anymore.