An in depth 433(5) guide - Now also an anti-meta thread

Comments

• madwullie
    4010 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2
    JURITO1000 wrote: »
    I tried it and i create much more chances and score more goals but in defenxe im struggling a little bit. Before i conceded 1-2 goals max and now 3+ (but score 5+ at least). I played 4231 before.

Some tips with defending setting please? I tried press after possesion loss with 4 width and 6 depth but too much soace behind me and fast strikers always punished me. Then i tried with 4 depth but still not right. Is drop back 4 depth working with this?

You need to keep hold of the ball at all costs. Use your cdm and cms to block lanes and dive in to get the ball only when you're sure you'll win it. Also don't attack the ball with your cbs until you are about 70% sure you'll get it. Jockey with them and give your other players time to get back
    Watch the gameplay videos, especially Leoni's, to get an idea how to manually defend here.

Never tried drop back but it's worth a shot, but you'll lose some of your effectiveness going forward. Aim with high line is to win the ball back ASAP and defend from the front. Also, having an fb stay back gives protection from the counter. But at the same time if you're scoring more than you're conceding, that's not a bad place to be.
    Post edited by madwullie on
  • JURITO1000
    1657 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Fissegert thank you for tips....you playing with 1 depth?? They doesnt punish you with long shots? Your CBs are basically almost next to the keeper,your opponent has so much space for build up around box and first time shots no?
  • Fissegert
    8 posts Ball Boy
    JURITO1000 wrote: »
    @Fissegert thank you for tips....you playing with 1 depth?? They doesnt punish you with long shots? Your CBs are basically almost next to the keeper,your opponent has so much space for build up around box and first time shots no?

Longshots happen definetly, but most often you’ll be able to block the space off with the cms and the cdm as they occupy the space in front of the box, and with press after possession loss you’re relatively likely to win the ball back before they get that far (if you have a lot of possession the opponent will often be frustrated and try a high risk pass early). It’s a trade off of course, but try it out if you are having trouble with counters, if I am behind I switch to 7 depth with full backs on balanced and for sure concede relatively more counters using that set up (and score more goals).
  • Leoni
    57 posts Park Captain
    edited May 2
    Nice job man I appreciate your effort in writing this. I'm still not 100% sure about my go to instructions because I'm constantly experimenting but I'm sticking with Man City's for now. Try the formation out guys I reached elite with it so it's possible to get results if you have some knowledge about real football tactics.

Some of my matches for those interested:

• madwullie
    Leoni wrote: »
    Nice job man I appreciate your effort in writing this. I'm still not 100% sure about my go to instructions because I'm constantly experimenting but I'm sticking with Man City's for now. Try the formation out guys I reached elite with it so it's possible to get results if you have some knowledge about real football tactics.

Some of my matches for those interested:

Cheers mate. I'll stick another of these in the gameplay section
  • Rpmarsh_2706
    499 posts An Exciting Prospect
    AdamH wrote: »
    Awesome guide, been waiting for something like this.

This is my team

2hyxc92.png

Will replace Balde with CR7 eventually.

Looking forward to trying out these PIs and CTs

Wish I had done the SMS sbc, looks a great card. That new Barzagli looks solid too. @AdamH
  • madwullie
    Put my base icon pull into Prime Vieira. I really do love Naldo, but I feel like he'd add a lot more to my team. Naldo is brilliant at winning and distributing the ball, he even chips in with some goals, but I feel like Patrick will just be a step up in almost every way.

Yeah I use the 88 and can't see me changing. Was considering the sbc but as far as I can see the main upgrades are in shooting and I never shoot with him so it would be a bit of a waste. Looks fantastic though.
  • Tininho87
    61 posts Park Captain
    Great Guide @madwullie @Rpmarsh_2706

Will try this Formation today

2019-05-02-06-18-07-FUT-Web-App-EA-SPORTS-Official-Site.png

2019-05-02-06-18-49-FUT-Web-App-EA-SPORTS-Official-Site.png

Thats my actual Lineup. How would you play ingame?

My plan was Petit LB Luiz van Dijk CB Blanc CDM.

Have 900k to spend. Think I could also do Vieira with untrades. Or would you wait for TOTS?

• AdamH
    881 posts Semi-Pro
    AdamH wrote: »
    Awesome guide, been waiting for something like this.

This is my team

2hyxc92.png

Will replace Balde with CR7 eventually.

Looking forward to trying out these PIs and CTs

Wish I had done the SMS sbc, looks a great card. That new Barzagli looks solid too. @AdamH

I’m yet to try Barzagli, but he seems to be exactly what I’m looking for.

And SMS was done through objectives and they were a pain!) but he’s amazing. So strong and is my top scorer alongside ADP (who is also fantastic!)

Good work with the guide 👍
  • madwullie
    edited May 2
    Tininho87 wrote: »
    Great Guide @madwullie @Rpmarsh_2706

Will try this Formation today

2019-05-02-06-18-07-FUT-Web-App-EA-SPORTS-Official-Site.png

2019-05-02-06-18-49-FUT-Web-App-EA-SPORTS-Official-Site.png

Thats my actual Lineup. How would you play ingame?

My plan was Petit LB Luiz van Dijk CB Blanc CDM.

Have 900k to spend. Think I could also do Vieira with untrades. Or would you wait for TOTS?

There's a few options, but going with that defence probably something like

Best - reus - cruyff
    Gullit - blanc - socrates

But socrates cruyff and reus are all more or less interchangeable (I think, I've used cruyff both on the wing and cf but Rpmarsh_2706 tells me reus is an excellent cf so he'd probably be better there). Some people use socrates at cf too but out of those 3 he's best in midfield. ☺
  • fittetryne
    16 posts Ball Boy
    how do you deal with high pressure?
  • PelzyWelzy
    9133 posts League Winner
    Considering when I use 433(2) my RCM is typically my highest goal scorer think I may give this a whirl today - have been using that SBC Eriksen at CAM this week and he’s been fantastic (just running him in a proper budget BPL side, probably worth 25k minus him :joy:) so imagine he would excel in something like your set up.

Do you think a special version of Bernardo Silva would be suitable for LW? I’m far past worrying too much about results, the game is pretty trash tbh and it’s all about experimenting and trying to have a little fun from here... love watching that little guy IRL, he’s superb, so been wanting to try him out.
  • madwullie
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    Considering when I use 433(2) my RCM is typically my highest goal scorer think I may give this a whirl today - have been using that SBC Eriksen at CAM this week and he’s been fantastic (just running him in a proper budget BPL side, probably worth 25k minus him :joy:) so imagine he would excel in something like your set up.

Do you think a special version of Bernardo Silva would be suitable for LW? I’m far past worrying too much about results, the game is pretty trash tbh and it’s all about experimenting and trying to have a little fun from here... love watching that little guy IRL, he’s superb, so been wanting to try him out.

Tbh mate that's what it's all about. If you're in it for fun, just use the players you like. Eriksen is H/H yeah? He'd be great at a cm position if so.
  • madwullie
    edited May 2
    fittetryne wrote: »
    how do you deal with high pressure?

Need to play as sharp as you can and find the spare man. Nothing too risky in the middle. Plenty of switching to opposite wings. I don't find it easy.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12644 posts Has That Special Something
    Bookmarked this thread, fantastic work here lads. Restores some faith back into this community

Will give it ago and report back
  • PelzyWelzy
    9133 posts League Winner
    madwullie wrote: »
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »

Tbh mate that's what it's all about. If you're in it for fun, just use the players you like. Eriksen is H/H yeah? He'd be great at a cm position if so.

He's H/M, though I always thought he was H/H in the De Bruyne as well myself. Seem to remember seeing his workrates on Futbin early on in the year and thinking 'Oh, didn't know he was H/H'. Obviously I imagined that :smiley:

Another card I've gotten quite a bit of success from is that IF Ndidi - his passing is pretty atrocious though so might go down a different route. Am only three squads off completing Bundes SBC again so could always reaquire Delaney who links to Eriksen and go from there, do some sort of Bundes/Prem hybrid with Poulsen/Havertz etc.
  • madwullie
    H/M is fine anyway. Weird I must have imagined that too. Sure I've seen people discussing it.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9133 posts League Winner
    H/M is fine anyway. Weird I must have imagined that too. Sure I've seen people discussing it.

Yeah, just checked IG and he;s definitely H/M.

Losing our minds obviously :joy:
  • Synix2k
    50 posts Park Captain
    Will Petit work with Blanc? or would you recommend me another two icons for 1 mil coins?
    XN2PgFK.png
  • SomeNextGuy
    2398 posts Fans' Favourite
    Synix2k wrote: »
    Will Petit work with Blanc? or would you recommend me another two icons for 1 mil coins?
    XN2PgFK.png

I'd personally use a more well rounded RCM.

Petit CDM
    Seedorf RCM
  • Rpmarsh_2706
    499 posts An Exciting Prospect
    XN2PgFK.png

Could try Makelele as the CDM. Used him for 100s of games, really good and is L/H.

For the other look at Deco or Hagi.
  • Cbn
    550 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Enjoyed the post. Fed up with 4231. You guys think that CR7 would work as a CF, have him on engine. Or should I just play him ST with 433(2)? Have PIM Figo as a RW and soon Prime 10 as a LW, maybe try one of these 2 as a CF and put Cr7 wide?
  • Synix2k
    50 posts Park Captain
    Which version of Seedorf would you use?
  • PelzyWelzy
    9133 posts League Winner
    Which version of Seedorf would you use?

88 :wink:
  • Safehands84
    3162 posts National Call-Up
    Don't know how to finish the below, I have 3.4m ps4. Can't decided if to spend majority on Euesbio or Prime Cruyff or get 90 Gullit. If I go for the cf could get someone like Gerrard or Lampard. Everyone in the team is untradable.

I have the following notiable untradables not shown. Fbday boateng, fbay sms, fb ibra, villa, Rooney. 90 Ziyech.

ebehef.jpg
  • Synix2k
    50 posts Park Captain
    I also have Kondogbia (89) on my bench so I can swap him with Modric. What do you think?
  • madwullie
    I also have Kondogbia (89) on my bench so I can swap him with Modric. What do you think?

I would use Modric. He's fantastic in this formation. All version. Don't know kondogbia's IGs but is he not pretty clunky? You need a bit of dribbling skills in the middle to help get out of trouble.
  • madwullie
    Don't know how to finish the below, I have 3.4m ps4. Can't decided if to spend majority on Euesbio or Prime Cruyff or get 90 Gullit. If I go for the cf could get someone like Gerrard or Lampard. Everyone in the team is untradable.

I have the following notiable untradables not shown. Fbday boateng, fbay sms, fb ibra, villa, Rooney. 90 Ziyech.

ebehef.jpg

I'm not sure. Villa might be a decent cf, or even on the wing with best at cf. Cruyff is fantastic at cf and gullit, prime anyway, is perfect as a cm. Gerrard and lampard are a bit too clunky for me but maybe someone has had success with them? Rpmarsh_2706 has used fb Ibra at cf too and says good things about him. I suppose it depends if you want a silky cf or a beast.

Nice dilemmas to have mind you ☺
  • AdamH
    881 posts Semi-Pro

ebehef.jpg

If I were you I would do PIM ADP and start him LW, CR7 start at CF and switch in game.

Do PIM Blanc to go CB and put SMS in at CM

This will depend on how many untradables you have to bring the costs down on the SBCs.

• Synix2k
    50 posts Park Captain
    I would use Modric. He's fantastic in this formation. All version. Don't know kondogbia's IGs but is he not pretty clunky? You need a bit of dribbling skills in the middle to help get out of trouble.

So what about something like this?
    EgXNs74.png