89 szczszezsny vs Icons

Maro6590
786 posts Semi-Pro
Well I think since FUT17 there is an GK discussion about OP keepers with low OVR and crap keepers with high OVR.

I have 89 szczesny for a long time and he is ok. But sometimes he is a little weirdo. I’m important situations he could safe a ball which is kicked by my grandma and in other matches he is flying like Spider-Man .....

I just wondering if an icon keeper would be an upgrade. I don‘t want to hear the donnarumma or Handa fan boys... i had both and I haven‘t changed from szczesny

But watching a few fifa YouTubers and reading a few futbin reviews I just wondering if PIM Lehmann, PIM Schmeichel or prime VdS would be an upgrade

Comments

• Maro6590
    786 posts Semi-Pro
    Up
  • Lupri
    496 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Used 89 if for a long time. Now using courtois, and he is better.
  • RVN_10
    289 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have prime van der sar and hes like any other keeper, has his good games, makes mistakes, has some absolute shockers, then when you are getting absolutely pummeled by a good player he can save your a** and you will win because of that
  • Maro6590
    786 posts Semi-Pro
    Soo vds is Not Worth the Price Tag ...... what about Lehmann or schmeichel
  • JURITO1000
    1661 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 1
    I have PIM Schmeichel and i can just confirm what everybody already knows. Depends on game. I had De Gea 91 and Schmeichel is better overall little bit. But doesnt worth extra 300k. When the game is on your side than even 83 Adan gonna be the best keeper on the game

EDIT: i have to add that this inconsistency is in all game an all players not just GK. I played yesterday with guy he had 82 rates nif team (like on the beginning of the game) and mine is 93 full of icons and i won 1-0 with some random corner kick goal.

And he wasnt a extremely good player,he was alright ,he is in division 1 so cant be bad but my players turned to completely uselles bronze players. They didnt make any run and the whole game felt like on slow motion
  • ImAtrocious
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    I really think the only point in using an expensive icon GK is if you need it for the chemistry. If you don't need the chem for your CBs, then any of the top NIF gold keepers are plenty good enough. I have an untradeable Courtois that I've used from the start, and I really have no complaints.
  • The Zodiac
    147 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Van Der Sar are the most useless GK I ever used. Regular Gold keeper perform much better
  • Insan0
    569 posts An Exciting Prospect
    How about 94 yashin any reviews on that??
  • JWNYsg
    604 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have him on red as well. Seems inconsistent. I’ve played 800 games with him already but feel he’s still second to Handanovic in Italy
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2835 posts Fans' Favourite
    SZCZSZEZSNY yes! I double dare you to spell that name correctly without copypasting! :joy: