Specialized Telemetry Tool ?

Neil_LUAFC
36 posts Last Pick at the Park
edited April 30
So 2 updates in 7 days from EA on PS4?

fifa-19-pitch-notes-gameplay-responsiveness
fifa-19-pitch-notes-april-update

Since then the gameplay feels to have sped up dramatically but the random unresponsive issues seem to remain, making the game a total mare to play if you like to 'try' and play something approaching a passing game.

I'm a manual controls player on a 50Mb connection but after trying a few hours of "passing practice" games this morning against assisted opponents (just to get an opponent matched up quicker) I've thrown in the towel and deleted the game. It's become a joyless experience. It's never been perfect but OMG I can't face another game!

I've been bouncing up and down between Seasons Div 3 & 4 for months but since the first update have dropped like a stone to 6 and have since struggled to get out of 5, barely managing to stay up each season !!! It's felt like playing a different game.

Being a manual player I know is not high up on EA's list of priority punters but what's happened from this end of things is a complete disaster in terms of a gameplay 'experience'.

Comments

• Str8hii
    844 posts Semi-Pro
    Manual blah blah blah nobody cares u play manual , we all know about server problems and they refuse to spend money on servers they gonna run same servers got next 100 years thats ea for u
  • Nikasnakasnokas
    68 posts Park Captain
    Str8hii wrote: »
    Manual blah blah blah nobody cares u play manual , we all know about server problems and they refuse to spend money on servers they gonna run same servers got next 100 years thats ea for u

Manual blah blah blah I'm sure if he plays manual he's better than you. We should all follow his lead and play manual. Actually having a football brain and skill in your fingers would mean something.
  • Digs1977
    41 posts Park Captain
    Since the last update I’m struggling too, gave up a week ago to concentrate on GT sport came back and I’m lucky if I draw against a **** opponent, something weird has happened. I left as a solid div 4 player but have now dropped down to div7 thanks to whatever is going on🤔maybe I’m blacklisted after complaining
  • BGAlum
    893 posts Semi-Pro
    Oh give it a rest, “manual” or not it is a god damned video game, which means nothing is truly manual. So please move beyond that and just say the game is sporadic and inconsistent.

Football is a sport that has 11 players on the pitch and it is not possible to control all 11 at once, so there is always going to be an element of computer/AI involvement.

Again, the fact is the game is inconsistent and even lags for “offline” elements of FUT such as single player season and Squad Battles. It is just as inconsistent for other modes as well.

All and all the experience from 18 to 19 has gotten worse.
  • Neil_LUAFC
    Str8hii wrote: »

Just an observation regards manual controls versus assisted my friend, there is a massive difference in terms of passing and shooting with the player you have "under your control".

Because it's easier/quicker getting assisted opponents on Seasons I decided to just play against them for a few hours just to try a few new things out rather than wait 5-10 minutes for an opponent.

What I found was my assisted opponents seemed to hit the woodwork a ridiculous number of times, sometimes 2 or 3 times on the bounce, reminiscent of Keystone Cops it was that bad at times. I'd say the frequency that this happened was about 4 or 5 times more than any manual only game I've ever played in and I've played over 100 full manual seasons on 19. Given that the shooting was "assisted" and the frequency of hitting the pist/bar goes through the roof I think it says an awful lot about how this game is "coded".

Corners and freekicks feel completely random to me, manual controls doesn't feel like it adds anything into the mix. I Don't even move the cursor anymore and get far more goals than I ever did before.

I've run a ps4 manual league for a few years now and although many games I've won or lost have had an element of good or bad luck the league champions have consistently been the same small group of players so it's not all luck on manual. What I would say distinguishes the better players on manual is they can play the football side and the mechanics/faults/issues side equally as well. Well worked goals + Sweaty goals = Champions
  • Neil_LUAFC
    Back to the game lag/unresponsive issues, fake shots have a 50% success rate for me currently !!!

When it doesn't happen it can have serious consequences too, what gives EA ?!?!?!?