The Red Devils 19/20 - The Rebuild

Comments

• LAboog4
    648 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I agree with @Virtual_K I know nothing about Rosenberg which means I expect United to win. An away point isn't bad in the group stage. Draw on the road, win at home and you will be through.
  • JoshDFC
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    Shock result but Lord Bendtner was there to stop United with an early goal maybe you underestimated the opponent but its early days
  • Ashy
    9724 posts League Winner
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Surprising draw after the improved performance in the league. I still see United winning the group though.
    Yeah Rosenborg shocked us very early on and we just couldn't get a second goal, have to be better in the next couple of Europa fixtures
    DB1512 wrote: »
    No shame in earning a point facing Lord Bendtner ;)
    Haha, Arsenal legend, no wait worldwide legend everyone knows of the Lord
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Don't know anything about Rosenborg, which translates to a match that Manchester United is probably expected to win. Still, a point and a away goal is not horrible. A couple of good wins in league with some balanced scoring. Things are looking up.
    Rosenborg are one of if not the best team in Norway, they've been in the UCL over the years but mostly feature in the Europa League and get no further than the last 16, I should be beating them really.
  • Ashy
    9724 posts League Winner
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    I agree with @Virtual_K I know nothing about Rosenberg which means I expect United to win. An away point isn't bad in the group stage. Draw on the road, win at home and you will be through.
    Absolutely, we should win 4/6 of these games and maybe draw 2, I expect us to top the group without a doubt.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Shock result but Lord Bendtner was there to stop United with an early goal maybe you underestimated the opponent but its early days
    I think I did, the team was still strong but many changed were made, maybe Greenwood starting was a bad idea
  • Ashy
    9724 posts League Winner
    edited May 10
    Doqn6Vn.png
    nEmG3ah.png

Ole Gunnar Solskjær comments on the Carabao Cup win, "It was a good professional performance from the lads today, we looked comfortable despite all the changes and the young lads that came in did very well. Tuanzebe was calm and cool at the back, Gomes created many chances from midfield and Rashford was just brilliant today, he's knocking on the door with performances likes these."
  • Ashy
    9724 posts League Winner
    LQBuBIC.png
    hl2eG2K.png

The man in-form Bruno Fernandes spoke after the game, "We are starting to look more consistent now and for me it's good to settle in so well, when coming from another country to a different culture at such a big club like Man Utd you don't know how long it will take to get comfortable with the team but for me it's worked out well and I just hope we can keep this form up, it's been a good month overall."
  • Ashy
    9724 posts League Winner
    y1gKdj8.png
    JwXVPRH.png
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    Fantastic Carabao Cup result...Rashford scoring a brace! Oh, and I suppose the win is good too. ;)
    Another good league result has Manchester United climbing the ranks, but what about that other Manchester club? No disrespect for Rosenborg, just wasn't familiar with them. Europa League coverage this year in the states is horrendous, but did watch Arsenal's win over Valencia on the local Spanish station (GOOOOAAAAALLL!).
  • Stlducks
    1461 posts Professional
    Form has greatly improved, Man City will be tough to catch but still 31 matches to play.

What is going on with Lingard? You must not be using him right.. 😉
  • Ashy
    9724 posts League Winner
    edited May 11
    Fantastic Carabao Cup result...Rashford scoring a brace! Oh, and I suppose the win is good too. ;)
    Another good league result has Manchester United climbing the ranks, but what about that other Manchester club? No disrespect for Rosenborg, just wasn't familiar with them. Europa League coverage this year in the states is horrendous, but did watch Arsenal's win over Valencia on the local Spanish station (GOOOOAAAAALLL!).
    Rashford turning up for ya! Man City are levels ahead of us right now but we will try and catch them if we can. :p :D
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Form has greatly improved, Man City will be tough to catch but still 31 matches to play.
    What is going on with Lingard? You must not be using him right.. 😉
    City do look unstoppable right now, let's see how long they can keep this up. Lingard isn't taking his chance, I've been playing him in the Europa League and in the Carabao Cup and off the bench in the PL here and there but he just can't seem to get an assist or goal, until he can show me that he won't be starting that much, let's hope that changes!
  • Ashy
    9724 posts League Winner
    qjo2zcx.png
    Y0OBBKy.png

Gary Neville comments on the victory over Wolves, "This is the kind of United I want to see week in week out, they were fluid in their play, it was so seamless. Ole got his team and tactics right today because Wolves gave them big problems last season and to completely dominate like they did today was brilliant. Rashford warrants a spot in the starting eleven on this form."
  • Ashy
    9724 posts League Winner
    k4hqIWb.png
    WPX8Fhh.png
    rWx1yt1.png

BT Sport pundit and former Man Utd player Owen Hargreaves comments on the win, "AZ made it tough for United today, they had a strong first half only to come back out and throw it away within 10 minutes, lucky Ward-Prowse showed how good his long range shots are to take the 3 points home but we need to see better."
  • Ashy
    9724 posts League Winner
    edited May 11
    Xna5oKl.png
    8sCssVB.png

Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez spoke to Sky Sports after the game, "Wow what an ending to the game, I'm just happy we came away with something after the players put in such a good performance, we really eliminated United's threat and defended so well for 90 minutes. To get the winner at the end was fantastic, we needed the lift after such a poor start to the season and now we must push on from here."
  • Ashy
    9724 posts League Winner
    HFBbdvy.png

Chelsea host Manchester United at Stamford Bridge this Sunday and it will be United's 2nd 'top 6' fixture so far this season, Chelsea sit 2nd in the table while Man Utd sit 5th. Both teams are looking to catch Man City's perfect start to the season and Chelsea are the favourites. Sarri remained in charge despite many fans expressing their desire for him to leave halfway through last season but he turned it around as the London side finished 3rd and qualified for UCL football. Sources close to Manchester United suggest Martial could be dropped for Rashford on the left side of midfield after a few poor performances, if that's the case there is no better game for Rashford to show his worth.

Man Utd's loss at home to Newcastle 'hurts' says manager Ole Gunnar Solskjær after a good run of games and climbing up the table only to be hindered once again. Two Premier League losses this season both at home to Brighton and Newcastle and both ended with a 90 minute goal.

Ole is expected to field a really young team come the Carabao Cup Fleetwood Town fixture at the end of the month, Chong, Greenwood, Tuanzebe, Garner and potential a couple more could start the game. Fleetwood currently sit mid-table in League 1, could they pull of a shock?
  • LAboog4
    The team is looking really good right now despite the last minute defeat to Newcastle. Seems like that match was a Rafa special, defend and nick it at the end.

Big, big Chelsea match coming up. A win will show this club is a serious contender. A loss and the race might turn to top4 instead of the title the way City are playing.
  • Wyojasond
    11540 posts Has That Special Something
    Brutal loss to Newcastle and the Europa League result while still a win has to be a bit worrisome as well. Still given how much turnover there has been, the team is performing quite well. Chelsea game should be a good marker for the season.
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    Consistent results til this defeat against Newcastle. United are having difficults to play at home against "small sides", OGS must think about a way to crash the opponent's bus.

This match against Chelsea will be tough, but if the Red Devils win, the things at Old Trafford may get better and the defeat against Newcastle could be "erased".
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    A blowout win over the Wolves, a win over a close Europa League rival, and then getting blanked by Newcastle. What went wrong with an attack that doesn't have trouble scoring? I'm not going to say Rashford on the bench had anything to do with it because that could get irritating. ;) Chelsea's a good test, hope Ole Gunnar's up for it.
  • Ashy
    9724 posts League Winner
    The team is looking really good right now despite the last minute defeat to Newcastle. Seems like that match was a Rafa special, defend and nick it at the end.
    Big, big Chelsea match coming up. A win will show this club is a serious contender. A loss and the race might turn to top4 instead of the title the way City are playing.
    Rafa special indeed, I agree with what you say a win and we could challenge City, a loss and the top 4 race looks most likely.
    Brutal loss to Newcastle and the Europa League result while still a win has to be a bit worrisome as well. Still given how much turnover there has been, the team is performing quite well. Chelsea game should be a good marker for the season.
    Yeah the loss hurts, we should learn from this now and stop these kind of results from happening in future
    DonGabriel wrote: »
    Consistent results til this defeat against Newcastle. United are having difficults to play at home against "small sides", OGS must think about a way to crash the opponent's bus.
    This match against Chelsea will be tough, but if the Red Devils win, the things at Old Trafford may get better and the defeat against Newcastle could be "erased".
    True we need to do better at breaking sides down but also see a game out in the final minutes, we keep getting countered that resulted in both losses. A win away to Chelsa could push us on to challenge City in the coming months while a loss could push us more in a top 4 battle, still early days
    A blowout win over the Wolves, a win over a close Europa League rival, and then getting blanked by Newcastle. What went wrong with an attack that doesn't have trouble scoring? I'm not going to say Rashford on the bench had anything to do with it because that could get irritating. ;) Chelsea's a good test, hope Ole Gunnar's up for it.
    Those games came in quick succession however Rashford should have maybe started the Newcastle one, he did come off the bench but he couldn't influence the game, Martial is starting to frustrate many Man Utd fans with his performances as of late
  • Ashy
    9724 posts League Winner
    edited May 14
    G52eDBy.png
    FyX07i6.png

It was a very cagey first half at Stamford Bridge with both teams going in 0-0. United turned it up a level in the second, Immobile looked much more on point in front of goal and Lingard came off the bench to net the second to seal the points. Sarri was frustrated with the outcome, "United were very lucky today, we were better than them in every way but luck was on their side", while Ole responded, "I don't know what game Sarri was watching but from my perspective things were very even at half time maybe they had a slight advantage and the second half was almost all us, we were clinical and the stats suggest we were the better team, we had 12 attempts with 8 on target compared to their 4 attempts with 4 on target."
  • Ashy
    9724 posts League Winner
    edited May 14
    5WOOjCO.png
    ThbqK56.png
    ltdxJXd.png

A quick second half response turned the game around thanks to Dalot and Rashford after a shocking first half performance for United against Malmo in Sweden. Now Manchester United sit 3 points clear of second Rosenborg, Ole had this to say, "We didn't start well but the second half was much better, I liked the intensity in the team and the desire to win every ball, we must start games in that fashion in future".
  • Ashy
    9724 posts League Winner
    U3bsX9i.png
    F8YUF9y.png

There was a triple shocker this week with Liverpool, Man City and Tottenham all crashing out of the Carabao Cup, Man Utd and Arsenal are the only remaining 'Top 6' teams left in the competition, could an unlikely scenario happen? As for Man Utd the young boys defeated Fleetwood with ease, Joshua Bohui scoring on his senior debut for the club.
  • Ashy
    9724 posts League Winner
    edited May 19
    PHYIARZ.png
    UV52YTW.png
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • DB1512
    336 posts Sunday League Hero
    Great results in different competitions. In the PL you have connection with the upper teams, in the Carabao Cup you are one of the few topteams left and in Europe the next round is very close. Good job!
  • Wyojasond
    11540 posts Has That Special Something
    Nice to see a pretty realistic table for once. City running away with the league after only 10 games 😬
  • LAboog4
    Big win over Chelsea and that seemed to boost the team as more wins followed. The gap to City isn't as bad since you have a game in hand but the race is out of your hands now. Just need to hope they start losing.
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    Lingard loves London :D
    Great results this time, that defeat was a point outside the curb. United have to keep showing good performances in order to catch City in the league.
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    FYI Martial has the wrong name on his badge.

Nice win over Chelsea; good to see Lingard stepping up. Comfortable lead in Europa League followed by a solid win in the league cup. With a game in hand, Ole Gunnar could see his team in second place. Marcus my man!
  • Ashy
    9724 posts League Winner
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Great results in different competitions. In the PL you have connection with the upper teams, in the Carabao Cup you are one of the few topteams left and in Europe the next round is very close. Good job!
    All going well I say just City are very good so far this season. Carabao Cup is very realistic I think
    Nice to see a pretty realistic table for once. City running away with the league after only 10 games 😬
    Yeah so far so good hopefully it stays realistic and the top teams get 70+ points but we will see, City look fantastic right now no stopping them!
    Big win over Chelsea and that seemed to boost the team as more wins followed. The gap to City isn't as bad since you have a game in hand but the race is out of your hands now. Just need to hope they start losing.
    The Chelsea game was big yeah we needed the 3 points to push on and we have. I will be keeping a close eye on City results and we also play then next month so big game there
  • Ashy
    9724 posts League Winner
    DonGabriel wrote: »
    Lingard loves London :D
    Great results this time, that defeat was a point outside the curb. United have to keep showing good performances in order to catch City in the league.
    Indeed he does haha, absolutely we need to keep this momentum going into the City game next month and close the gap, let' see if they drop points soon though
    FYI Martial has the wrong name on his badge.
    Nice win over Chelsea; good to see Lingard stepping up. Comfortable lead in Europa League followed by a solid win in the league cup. With a game in hand, Ole Gunnar could see his team in second place. Marcus my man!
    Thanks I've just changed it! Lingard finally stepping up yes, been waiting for him to do something impactful and he does it in the big game. Cup games are going well yes the youth are doing a good job coming in for these games, Rashford is key right now he's forced his way in the main eleven.