The Red Devils 19/20 - The Rebuild

Comments

• DB1512
    299 posts Sunday League Hero
    Again brilliant signings, Donnarumma would have been the best replacement of De Gea in my opinion but Navas is a good alternative. The squad looks ready to compete for the PL title, also good to see a lot of English players in the squad.
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Martial starting over Rashford. Boo! :o I expect my boy to crack the starting eleven. :)
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Lots of movements in the market to change the whole face of the team. I especially like the signing of Sancho, a very talented player.

On the other hand, I didn't get the signing of Keylor Navas. As much as I don't like De Gea much, I don't see a clear improvement here.
  • JoshDFC
    2011 posts Fans' Favourite
    A very busy summer and after a summer like that you would expect the team have to compete for the title otherwise we could well be seeing a new manager come the end of the season. If Neves is available I will take him
  • Ashy
    9537 posts League Winner
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Incredible graphics, not sure how you made the players in a United kit but that look fantastic.
    The transfers are exactly what United need. Young mixed with experienced winners and all new attitudes at the club.
    This team should compete for the league title and with the depth, the FA cup is another trophy I can see them going for.
    Thanks! I took a little bit of time but I got the pitch off google and then got the original Man Utd players off Sky Sports then for the custom ones I just used Photoshop tools to combine the head of a player like Immobile for example and blended it in with a Man Utd player removing their head for example Luke Shaw.
    Yeah I wanted a lot of Premier League experience, I think half of the new signings were PL ones, and like you say a combination of experience like Immobile, Alderweireld and good young players like Wan-Bissaka, Sancho.
    DonGabriel wrote: »
    I would like to pick Sancho.
    Awesome pick!
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Again brilliant signings, Donnarumma would have been the best replacement of De Gea in my opinion but Navas is a good alternative. The squad looks ready to compete for the PL title, also good to see a lot of English players in the squad.
    He's the ideal replacement but Navas brings his experience and I do rate him highly, not quite De Gea's level but he will do. Yeah think I brought in 3 English players and this squad is good enough to compete unless the title winner ends on 90+ points.
  • Ashy
    9537 posts League Winner
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Martial starting over Rashford. Boo! :o I expect my boy to crack the starting eleven. :)
    Martial is my starter for now but he is under the most pressure from Rashford out of the front 3, Rashford is coming off the bench but he needs to show something to take Martial's spot.
    subpop wrote: »
    Lots of movements in the market to change the whole face of the team. I especially like the signing of Sancho, a very talented player.
    On the other hand, I didn't get the signing of Keylor Navas. As much as I don't like De Gea much, I don't see a clear improvement here.
    Thanks, not sure if I explained the situation well enough with that, De Gea had a disappointing end to the season and refused to sign a new contract, he had 1 year left so the club wanted to sell him to Madrid for £60m rather than potential have a player continuing his bad form and lose him for free, Donnarumma was our no.1 choice but he failed with the price for him, Navas was a cheaper alternative and I personally rate him highly, he isn't as good as De Gea but a solid replacement I think, I have improved the team massively but in the GK department we take a hit.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    A very busy summer and after a summer like that you would expect the team have to compete for the title otherwise we could well be seeing a new manager come the end of the season. If Neves is available I will take him
    Yeah Ole has a big season ahead, and not really an excuse if they don't challenge for the title, it may take a few weeks to get all the new players playing well together but once they get that connection things should run smoothly. Neves is yours, good pick
  • Ashy
    9537 posts League Winner
    edited May 4
    oUi1Vhr.png
    PrZnI36.png

Jadon Sancho comments after scoring on his Man Utd debut, "It's great to hit the ground running, and to get three points on the table. We scored at key times, just before half time, right after and again soon after that and we controlled the game from there, I hope I can continue to help the team with goals an assists like today".
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • Ashy
    9537 posts League Winner
    4i7tfH7.png
    rHhnwzB.png

Ole Gunnar Solskjær comments on the shock defeat to Brighton, "We did everything we could today but luck was not on our side, we missed some big chances early on and credit to Brighton they made it very difficult for us especially in the second half, we had to push for a winner at the end and the counter-attack in injury time cost us the game, we will learn from this and push on."
  • Ashy
    9537 posts League Winner
    rnEdK3X.png
    WVCiQl5.png

Gary Neville speaks on Man Utd's 'great' performance against Spurs, "Today you can't fault them, United dominated 90% of the game, Spurs defended well to keep the score 1-0 for so long and a bit of class from Kane cancels it out, Tottenham are a very good side and United's showing today gives me massive hope this season that they can achieve something, but they need to start getting the points they deserve, a mixed start for Ole."
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mixed start to the season, but I suppose that's bound to happen with Rashford coming off the bench. :o

This is a little of topic. The match results graphics look really nice. I like the addition of the form guide, and I notice you have the last match played listed to the far left, then the second to the last, etc. This is what I would expect to see and how I do it myself. However, on the EPL site they have their form guide on the league table in the reverse order, and even other league tables do the same. Does that not seem backwards to anybody else?
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Mixed start to the season but with so many new players it might take time to adjust. Great graphics like always, detailed but not over the top.

I agree with Virtual_K the form guide the way you have it is how I like it but in Europe it is backwards.
  • Do you use sliders for your matches? I'm looking for a challenge but without ridiculous scores. I normally play with the OS sliders on Ultimate, but I get scores like 6-5 or 4-4 every game.
  • DB1512
    Love the style you use to present the matches, the reactions below the image are also a good addition. As mentioned before, a mixed start of the season but I think the team needs time to become familiar with style of play.
  • Ashy
    9537 posts League Winner
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Mixed start to the season, but I suppose that's bound to happen with Rashford coming off the bench. :o
    This is a little of topic. The match results graphics look really nice. I like the addition of the form guide, and I notice you have the last match played listed to the far left, then the second to the last, etc. This is what I would expect to see and how I do it myself. However, on the EPL site they have their form guide on the league table in the reverse order, and even other league tables do the same. Does that not seem backwards to anybody else?
    I didn't look at the EPL site or other ones I just went with what I thought looked right :D I prefer them from left to right especially with the way I display the team and score on the left it makes sense, not sure why other sites do it reverse but I agree it is weird
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Mixed start to the season but with so many new players it might take time to adjust. Great graphics like always, detailed but not over the top.
    I agree with Virtual_K the form guide the way you have it is how I like it but in Europe it is backwards.
    Cheers, yeah I like the form guide like I did it, the latest game being the one to the left. September is a busy both so let's see what happens.
    Do you use sliders for your matches? I'm looking for a challenge but without ridiculous scores. I normally play with the OS sliders on Ultimate, but I get scores like 6-5 or 4-4 every game.
    I just use normal Legendary settings, I'm not amazing at the game but not terrible either I just use what works for me best, and using that setting results in realistic results for me, not sure what you can do maybe try slow down the play a bit and work on defending better?
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Love the style you use to present the matches, the reactions below the image are also a good addition. As mentioned before, a mixed start of the season but I think the team needs time to become familiar with style of play.
    Thanks, yeah like you say I'm expecting some odd results for the first 2-3 months here and there we just need to try and be as consistent as possible while the players integrate well
  • Ashy
    9537 posts League Winner
    edited May 5
    *I tried to base this off current real life standings with teams qualifying for the Europa League next season, I seperated each team into 4 pots and picked them out of a hat to make it as realistic as possible
    C1sYbpI.png
  • Ashy
    9537 posts League Winner
    edited May 5
    Top 10 non-Manchester United related transfers of the summer window
    3MOfhJ2.png
  • Ashy
    9537 posts League Winner
    1rP44hd.png
  • Ashy
    9537 posts League Winner
    OBnW1il.png
  • Wyojasond
    11209 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 6
    Really like how you’ve taken this story. Thought you simulated the first season but seeing how you have Europe setup, I’m guessing you just started from the beginning of the season with the transfer market open.

Thinking it might be fun to try this with a team from the other end of the table. I simulated the first season and after some restarts got the original three relegated but maybe just starting from the start with teams placed correctly in Europe is the way to go 😎
    Post edited by Wyojasond on
  • Stlducks
    1437 posts Professional
    I'm more impressed with how FIFA got the top teams right for once. Usually Brighton are a top 4 team in my careers.

Crystal Palace look to be off to a slow start so good opponent for the Carabao Cup. Will you be taking that seriously or playing backups during it?
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 6
    Shocking initial results. I didn't expect such a weak start to the season. Brighton surprised in the last second and the team also lost the advantage at home to drop points to Spurs. Still soon, but it is evident the team have work to do.

Easy group at the Europa League. The team should advance even playing with subs.
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    Not the best way to start the season, but considering OGS is rebuilding the team, he needs time and support to reach the "ideal" form.

Amazed at your graphics, beautiful as always.
  • Ashy
    9537 posts League Winner
    Really like how you’ve taken this story. Thought you simulated the first season but seeing how you have Europe setup, I’m guessing you just started from the beginning of the season with the transfer market open.
    Thinking it might be fun to try this with a team from the other end of the table. I simulated the first season and after some restarts got the original three relegated but maybe just starting from the start with teams placed correctly in Europe is the way to go 😎
    Cheers, no I didn't simulate because I wanted this to represent the 19/20 season as close as possible, I swapped the relegated teams with the promoted teams as long as Villa win the playoffs, and edited the UCL/EL groups to match their positions in the table as of now. And yeah the market was open, so only thing I couldn't really change was players exiting the club for example Ramsey and players already agreed moves like De Jong, But it closely matches what I want, I was tempted to go with Crystal Palace so there is an idea for you.
    Stlducks wrote: »
    I'm more impressed with how FIFA got the top teams right for once. Usually Brighton are a top 4 team in my careers.
    Crystal Palace look to be off to a slow start so good opponent for the Carabao Cup. Will you be taking that seriously or playing backups during it?
    Yeah it's nice to see the top 6 up there, ofc Everton are in and around there too, early days though. Palace look weak so far and I will be mainly playing the reserves, maybe 1 or 2 main eleven players and at least 3 youngsters I think, see how they do.
    subpop wrote: »
    Shocking initial results. I didn't expect such a weak start to the season. Brighton surprised in the last second and the team also lost the advantage at home to drop points to Spurs. Still soon, but it is evident the team have work to do.
    Easy group at the Europa League. The team should advance even playing with subs.
    I wasn't expecting 'shocking' haha, Leicester win was good and Spurs home performance was brilliant just didn't get the win, Brighton was a shocker and they won with a last minute goal on the counter, we can do better though. I agree with the Europa group :D
    DonGabriel wrote: »
    Not the best way to start the season, but considering OGS is rebuilding the team, he needs time and support to reach the "ideal" form.
    Amazed at your graphics, beautiful as always.
    Thanks, not the best start but let's see how we look 10 games in, Ole can still get the points while the team continues to gel I think
  • Ashy
    9537 posts League Winner
    BcoZ37T.png
    GyjDRwg.png

Mark Goldbridge from United Stand reviews the game, "This is more like the United I want to see, they were creating tons of chances today and we won the game comfortably, I tell you what Sancho is killing it down the right side for us, every game he's terrorised the defences and Bruno Fernandes could well be the signing of the summer".
  • Ashy
    9537 posts League Winner
    edited May 7
    f2ziyW2.png
    6NUPQjV.png

Man Utd captain Toby Alderweireld speaks after the victory, "Today we needed the three points to keep up with the rest, we are finding consistency now and we have only played a handful of games together, to change about 6-7 players in the main eleven was a bold move from the club and now the fans can see it's paying off, we look to push City all the way this season".
  • Ashy
    9537 posts League Winner
    edited May 7
    NqphdeN.png

17 year old Mason Greenwood will get his first Manchester United start of his career against Europa League opposition Rosenborg in Norway, he is expected to lead the attacking line with Rashford and Lingard beside him as the English trio look to kick start their Europa League campaign with three points. Ole gives high praise to the youngster, "He's done very well at u23 level and now he will need to show me his ability on the big stage, Europa League can be a strong competition, we are coming up against some of the best teams in their respective league and really no game is easy, I have faith he will deliver."

Pep's City are flying so far this season with 5 wins out of 5 and they look to defend their Premier League title once gain making it Pep's third, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and United have all drops points at some point and now the chase is on with City top of the pile.

United Stand's Mark Goldbridge spoke to Sky Sports this week giving his thoughts on United's new look and his hopes on where the Red Devils will finish this season, "We look miles better, the summer was a massive one for the club, Ole and Ed and by the looks of this they got it right, not only did they sell the deadwood and certain players that didn't want to be here or were causing some problems but they replaced them well. I really like Bruno Fernandes, Sancho is already a fan favourite finally we have a young energetic skillfull and pacey winger that is causing teams problems, we don't look one dimensional anymore and the defence with Toby and Wan-Bissaka is looking so much stronger. I honestly think we can challenge for the title depending on if one or two teams don't do what happened last year and ended with the high 90 points, if we are talking 80-90 we will be amongst them".
  • Ashy
    9537 posts League Winner
    ua3znJg.png
    0bMX4r2.png
    kegsLjk.png

Mason Greenwood comments on the disappointing draw, "It's tough to take, we can't concede that early in an away European game it's just not good enough and Rosenborg made it difficult for us for the whole first half, we took it up a level in the second half but it wasn't enough to get the three points, we must improve for our next game".
  • Stlducks
    1437 posts Professional
    Surprising draw after the improved performance in the league. I still see United winning the group though.
  • DB1512
    No shame in earning a point facing Lord Bendtner ;)
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Don't know anything about Rosenborg, which translates to a match that Manchester United is probably expected to win. Still, a point and a away goal is not horrible. A couple of good wins in league with some balanced scoring. Things are looking up.