The Red Devils 19/20 - The Rebuild

Ashy
8838 posts League Winner
edited April 29
maxresdefault.jpg

Season 2018/19 Summary

The Premier League ending in dramatic fashion with Manchester City winning the title on the final day finishing on 98 points, a record breaking finish for Liverpool as they end runners up on 97 points, both teams dominate the league but there could only be on winner. As for the UCL spots, Tottenham finished 3rd place and will look forward to a full campaign in their new stadium this upcoming season. The 4th spot was fought for right until the very end with Chelsea claiming it finishing on 72 points. Arsenal finished 5th with 72 points but a slightly lower goal difference than Chelsea. Manchester United ended in a disappointing 6th position and will play Europa League next season under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Man City claimed the domestic treble in the end winning not only the league but the Carabao Cup and Emirates FA Cup. While Valencia did enough to beat Arsenal then Chelsea to win the Europa League. The UEFA Champions League final saw Barcelona beat Ajax in what was a very competitive match, Messi making the difference in extra time. As for the Premier League relegated teams, Huddersfield, Fulham and Cardiff City went down with Norwich, Sheffield United and play-off winners Aston Villa return to the top flight of English football. Now the 2019/20 season commences...

Comments

• Ashy
    8838 posts League Winner
    edited April 29
    4Zub1GO.png

Goalkeepers
    • 20px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png David De Gea - Rating 91
    • 20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png Sergio Romero - Rating 80
    • 20px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Lee Grant - Rating 74
    Defenders
    • 20px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png Victor Lindelöf - Rating 81
    • 20px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Luke Shaw - Rating 81
    • 20px-Flag_of_C%C3%B4te_d%27Ivoire.svg.png Eric Bailly - Rating 80
    • 20px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Chris Smalling - Rating 80
    • 20px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Phil Jones - Rating 79
    • 20px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Ashley Young - Rating 79
    • 20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png Marcos Rojo - Rating 79
    • 20px-Flag_of_Ecuador.svg.png Antonio Valencia - Rating 78
    • 20px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Matteo Darmian - Rating 76
    • 20px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png Diogo Dalot - Rating 74
    • 20px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Axel Tuanzebe - Rating 72
    • 20px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Ethan Laird - Rating 64
    • 20px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png Lee O'Connor - Rating 63
    Midfielders
    • 20px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Paul Pogba - Rating 88
    • 20px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg.png Nemanja Matić - Rating 83
    • 20px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png Ander Herrera - Rating 82
    • 20px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png Juan Mata - Rating 82
    • 20px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Fred - Rating 80
    • 20px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Andreas Pereira - Rating 77
    • 20px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Scott McTominay - Rating 75
    • 20px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Angel Gomes - Rating 67
    • 20px-Flag_of_England.svg.png James Garner - Rating 63
    Forwards
    • 20px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png Romelu Lukaku - Rating 86
    • 20px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Anthony Martial - Rating 84
    • 20px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Marcus Rashford - Rating 83
    • 20px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Jesse Lingard - Rating 82
    • 20px-Flag_of_Chile.svg.png Alexis Sánchez - Rating 82
    • 20px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Mason Greenwood - Rating 66
    • 20px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png Tahith Chong - Rating 66
    • 20px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Joshua Bohui - Rating 64
  • Ashy
    8838 posts League Winner
    edited April 29
    h1nKQIw.png

Summer Window 2019

Transfers in (€0,000,000)

Transfers out (€0,000,000)
    Brandon Williams - Free Agent
    Antonio Valencia - Free Agent
    Ander Herrera - Atletico Madrid (Free)
    Juan Mata - Leicester City (Free)
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • Ashy
    8838 posts League Winner
    edited May 4
    3qArxtz.png

There will be a player sponsoring game on going for this season, all you have to do is pick a player and he will pick up points as each game goes by, only competitive games count so points will start counting as the Premier League starts. Bare in mind a selection of my current players will be sold and a good few new additions will be added, if a player you pick is sold you will need to pick again, it's first come first served bases.

Points will be award for:
    - For playing up to 60 minutes (1 point)
    - For playing 60 minutes or more (2 points)
    - For each goal scored by a goalkeeper or defender or defensive midfielder (7 points)
    - For each goal scored by a midfielder (5 points)
    - For each goal scored by a forward (4 points)
    - For each goal assist (3 points)
    - For a clean sheet by a goalkeeper or defender (5 points)
    - For a clean sheet by a defensive midfielder (3 points)
    - For a clean sheet by a midfielder (1 point)
    - For every 4 shots saves by a goalkeeper (1 point)
    - For each penalty save (5 points)
    - For each penalty miss (-2 points)
    - Bonus points for the best rated players for Man Utd in a match (1-3 points)
    - For every 2 goals conceded by a goalkeeper or defender (-1 points)
    - For each yellow card (-1 point)
    - For each red card (-3 points)
    - For each own goal (-2 points)

*Clean sheets are awarded for 60+ minutes without conceding in the game
    You may now post :)

Immobile - DB1512
    Rashford - Virtual_K
    Bruno Fernandes - subpop
    Martial - WestardLord
    Lingard - Stlducks
    Wan-Bissaka - LAboog4
    Sancho - DonGabriel
    Neves - JoshDFC
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    I'd like to pick De Gea B)

Hope you do a better job than Woodward and save my team.
  • Ashy
    8838 posts League Winner
    edited April 30
    jQFFL9h.png

Ole Gunnar Solskjær is about to get underway on his first full season as Manchester United manager after coming in towards the end of last season, an instant impact saw United go on a good winning streak but that soon ended and the club finished disappointingly 6th place. Despite not being in the Champions League Man United will look to bring in the best they can as they look to close to gap on Liverpool and Man City after their incredibly successful seasons in the last campaign. Ole has spoken out on him wanting to see the club be ruthless not only with buying players but also selling, he has already drawn up a list of changes he wants to see and now it's up to the CEO Ed Woodward to make those changes a reality.

This summer is a make or break situation for Ed, he has been disappointing over the last few windows with below par players coming in, failing to sell deadwood squad players and overpaying to bring certain players in, one being Sanchez which is destroying the wage structure and things need to change fast.

The reported budget the club has available to spend is close to £150m and that doesn't include player sales, we could see Man Utd spend somewhere north of £250m by the end of the window. Many players have already been linked including the sensational Jadon Sancho from Dortmund, Alderweireld from Tottenham is said to be moving on with his £25m release clause ready to be activated this summer and over the past few weeks Sporting creative midfielder Bruno Fernandes has been heavily linked with the Red Devils.
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • Ashy
    8838 posts League Winner
    edited April 29
    s8EU6ds.png

Manchester United have done some incredible transfer business very early in the window before the club set off to Mexico for their pre-season tour. But before we get into that the club have come out this morning and said a squad list for the tour will be released at 3pm this afternoon, including the three new signings. But some key players will remain in England as the club look to complete talks for their sales, these players will be; David De Gea, Paul Pogba, Romelu Lukaku, Fred, Marcos Rojo, Phil Jones and Matteo Darmian.

You could say all three in comings are marquee signings but the big one has to be the Lazio striker Ciro Immobile, what a big signings this man could be for the club with Lukaku heading out, what does this mean for Rashford? Only time will tell but Immobile has a magnificent goal scoring record and has set Serie A alight over the last couple of seasons the question is can he do it in the Premier League? The £85m forward signed a 4 year deal with the club and will earn around £185k/week wages. Immobile takes the number 9 shirt and the Italian had this to say, "I'm honoured to be playing for such a massive team like Man Utd, I know the fans want to see success back at this historic club and I plan to be the catalyst to take them back where they belong".

In addition to this deal Ed Woodward completed the sale of Alexis Sanchez to Lazio for a £20m fee. Sanchez accepted a reduced wage packet with United paying part of his wages.

Next up many clubs were in for the experienced Tottenham centre-back Toby Alderweireld with his £25m release clause ready to be activated on July 1st. Manchester United fought off the likes of Bayern Munich, PSG, Chelsea and Atletico Madrid to get the Belgian's signature, many thought the deal wouldn't go through as Man Utd failed to achieve UCL football this season, however Toby came out with an interview on MUTV yesterday saying he always had Man Utd in mind, he wanted to remain in England and he has been named captain of the club for the upcoming season, Alderweireld signed a 4 year deal earning £175k/week wages and will wear the number 4 shirt for the season ahead.

The final transfer this week saw Sporting creative midfielder Bruno Fernandes make the switch to the Red Devils. A massive £57.5m fee between both clubs was agreed two whole weeks ago but for some unknown reason it took a while to get the deal over the line, rumours suggested the player was waiting for the club to complete other key signings first as we saw with Alderweireld and Immobile. The Portuguese 23 year old with earn £90k/week wages after signing a 5 year deal and Ole expects him to fit right in as the main creative spark in the team, many comparing him to Bernardo Silva of Manchester City.

Final a word of a few contracted players that left, Antonio Valencia exited the club and is a free agent as of right now, Juan Mata joined Leicester City on free and Ander Herrera moved back to Spain to join Atletico Madrid on free.
  • Ashy
    8838 posts League Winner
    edited April 29
    DonGabriel wrote: »
    I'll try my best :D Although it will be him that will be trying to get all these deals done, guess it's time to show what he's made of.

As for your pick you might want to reconsider based on my previous post
  • DB1512
    291 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'll pick Immobile!
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'll take Rashford. Hopefully you can develop some chemistry with this team.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 30
    Bruno Fernandes for me.

Good luck in the story. Very nice introduction as always. I like the movements in this summer market. Every line got reinforced. Sadly Mata and Herrera leave... I like both of them, very nice guys and talented.
  • WestardLord
    1364 posts Professional
    Martial for me.

Looking forward to this one!
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    Ashy wrote: »
    I'll try my best :D Although it will be him that will be trying to get all these deals done, guess it's time to show what he's made of.

Oh god, hope you bring Oblak :D
    Considering you're still doing some transfers, I will wait for now but always taking a look.
  • Ashy
    8838 posts League Winner
    edited April 30
    Manchester United's 25 man squad heading to the Mexico pre-season tour

Goalkeepers: Romero, Grant
    Defenders: Young, Dalot, Alderweireld, Lindelof, Bailly, Smalling, Tuanzebe, Shaw, O'Connor, Laird
    Midfielders: Matic, McTominay, Fernandes, Pereira, Gomes, Garner
    Forwards: Lingard, Immobile, Martial, Rashford, Chong, Greenwood, Bohui

kTh8s7T.png

SqO8oSs.png

Ed Woodward continues to work wonders in the transfer market at a very fast pace with another two additions and three exits as the pre-season tour gets underway. Firstly after an incredible breakthrough season at Crystal Palace and Man United's dire need for a right-back, Wan-Bissaka makes his 'dream' move to Man United this summer costing the club a large £40m fee to get it over the line. The 21 year old signs a 5 year deal with the club and will earn around £65k/week wages. Aaron had this to say, "It's a big move for me, I felt like the time was right after a strong previous season and Ole came to me with great ambition". Manchester United CEO managed to strike another deal with Palace, selling centre-back Phil Jones for £12.5m, Ole felt the English defender wasn't good enough for United and he moves as part of the big summer sale the club need to achieve.

Ward-Prowse has been slowly becoming a solid Premier League midfielder and a big name at Southampton, he exits the club this summer as Man United pounce to get the deal done quickly before other clubs came in, £30m was the total cost for the English 24 year old and he is expected to start in that midfield three with Matic and Fernandes until another comes in, both players will join with the squad in Mexico immediately. Andreas Pereira will be the man to directly replace Ward-Prowse as Man Utd sell the Brazilian to Southampton for £13.5m, less than half the cost of his predecessor.

Finally the last transfer we have to bring to you this week is the sale of another Brazilian midfielder, Fred. Tottenham agree to purchase the player for £20m, Man Utd lose an incredible 32m value on the player they only bought last summer. Rumours still rumbling on the big sales still yet to be made with De Gea linked with Real Madrid, PSG, Juventus and Bayern Munich while Lukaku has been linked with a move to Chelsea and Real Madrid and Pogba has been linked with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus and PSG. All three still remain in England as talks continue.
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • Ashy
    8838 posts League Winner
    KIo5KTZ.png
    W6WsN6o.png
  • Ashy
    8838 posts League Winner
    DB1512 wrote: »
    I'll pick Immobile!
    Good pick!
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    I'll take Rashford. Hopefully you can develop some chemistry with this team.
    I'm hoping so, the club realised massive change is needed and they wanted to get the bulk of it done this summer, the transfer negotiator is working his butt off, I think a total of 7-8 new additions will be added.
    subpop wrote: »
    Bruno Fernandes for me.
    Good luck in the story. Very nice introduction as always. I like the movements in this summer market. Every line got reinforced. Sadly Mata and Herrera leave... I like both of them, very nice guys and talented.
    Thanks, yeah I started off improving the spine and now I work from there, Mata and Herrera's contracts ran out unfortunately, both good technical players but time for a fresh look to come in.
    Martial for me.
    Looking forward to this one!
    Nice pick, thanks!
    Ashy wrote: »
    I'd like to pick De Gea B) Hope you do a better job than Woodward and save my team.
    Oh god, hope you bring Oblak :D
    Considering you're still doing some transfers, I will wait for now but always taking a look.
    Oblak would be very difficult especially considering we are in the Europa League but we will see! Good idea to wait for now, I think most of the transfers are done there are just 2-3 more players coming in, one being a goalkeeper, one being a central midfielder and the final one will probably be a right winger.
  • Stlducks
    1349 posts Professional
    I'll take Lingard.
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Great signing of Wan-Bissaka. If he's available he will be my choice.
  • DB1512
    Great transformation of the team, a bit like I did at Chelsea. Both teams need change and Ole brings it to your United. Maybe also a second centre back is needed, not quit a fan of Lindelof but maybe he turns out to be great playing together with Alderweireld.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Good preseason so far, although these rivals are far from Man Utd's level. Willing to see the team in the Premier League.
  • Ashy
    8838 posts League Winner
    Stlducks wrote: »
    I'll take Lingard.
    Sure
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Great signing of Wan-Bissaka. If he's available he will be my choice.
    He's yours, he's such a massive upgrade for that position, solid player even though he is only 77 rated.
    Great transformation of the team, a bit like I did at Chelsea. Both teams need change and Ole brings it to your United. Maybe also a second centre back is needed, not quit a fan of Lindelof but maybe he turns out to be great playing together with Alderweireld.
    Thanks, the aim is to get as much of it done as possible, instead of doing the club overhaul over 2 summer windows, we are trying to do it in 1 window. Lindelof will get his chance next to Alderweireld, if he fails to perform we have Bailly and Smalling, but I can't see another centre-back coming in until next summer the earliest.
    subpop wrote: »
    Good preseason so far, although these rivals are far from Man Utd's level. Willing to see the team in the Premier League.
    Absolutely, I'd like to see us defend better that is all.
  • Ashy
    8838 posts League Winner
    edited May 3
    onsN0LZ.png

Manchester United's rebuild continues and they add another to their ranks, Portuguese central midfielder Ruben Neves makes his way to Manchester with a £40m fee agreed with Wolves, the player had to force the move in the end after handing in a transfer request with them reluctant to sell earlier in the window. Neves had a brilliant debut season in the Premier League last season with Wolves finishing in the top half. Ruben signs a 5 year deal earning £75k/week wages, the player is set to get the number 6 shirt and will join the rest of the squad for the rest of their pre-season tour.

Romelu Lukaku failed to hit it at Manchester United, one thing about his game many point out is that he cannot perform against the best teams in the league and in Europe, that is a big problem for the main striker at a club like Man Utd. Ole made the decision towards the end of last season that Lukaku was a surplus to requirements with Rashford ahead of him. Real Madrid take a punt on the Belgian forward after agreeing a cut down fee of £45m.

Along with the talks with Neves, Ed Woodward strikes another deal to sell Argentinian defender Rojo to them for £8m, many fans are criticising the club for selling these players for such a cheap fee however with such a task ahead they need to take what they can get.

Rumours are hotting up with Pogba set to join Barcelona potentially next week and Sancho could become Man Utd's record signing at £90m with talks reaching their final stages.
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • Ashy
    8838 posts League Winner
    edited May 1
    AeIkmZ7.png
    0UyKUJT.png

Ole Gunnar Solskjær comments on how the Mexican pre-season tour went, "We did very well overall, the most important thing was to come out with no injuries and we achieved that. The lads performed fantastic throughout, worked hard and we added some things to our game. There have been a lot of changes this summer so it was key to get the new boys integrated in as soon as possible, plenty goals were scored, we defended well at times and some of the younger guys like Greenwood did great, I look forward to the season ahead".
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    Greenwood is the next big thing.
    How was Tuanzebe performance? He might be the fourth choice to play as CB... or are you planning to use Smaldiniling?
    Bruno Fernandes was an amazing signing, maybe the best player in this pre-season.

These rumours about Sancho... Waiting for a big announcement.
  • LAboog4
    Some big transfers going on, exactly what United need. Pre-season went as well as expected. Excited to see this team perform against top clubs now.
  • DB1512
    Another good signing, with his playmaking ability Neves can compensate for the slow build-up play of Matic. In case Pogba leaves, with Matic-Neves-Fernandes you have a balanced midfield I believe. Sancho would be a fantastic addition to the squad, but I wonder what your intentions with Rashford are.
  • Ashy
    8838 posts League Winner
    Greenwood is the next big thing.
    How was Tuanzebe performance? He might be the fourth choice to play as CB... or are you planning to use Smaldiniling?
    Bruno Fernandes was an amazing signing, maybe the best player in this pre-season.
    These rumours about Sancho... Waiting for a big announcement.
    Greenwood looks great, 2 goals in pre-season too, he could play a part this season for sure. Tuanzebe didn't play too much as I was trying to get our back line comfortable with each other, he featured in the 3-2 win over Monterrey and came off the bench in the final 1-0 win over them, did okay over both games but I expect Smalling to be ahead of him. Fernandes has been brilliant, didn't expect him to fit in so well, right now he's the key player that unlocks the defence.
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Some big transfers going on, exactly what United need. Pre-season went as well as expected. Excited to see this team perform against top clubs now.
    Solid pre-season really yeah, Premier League is almost here so the test begins very soon, excited too!
    Another good signing, with his playmaking ability Neves can compensate for the slow build-up play of Matic. In case Pogba leaves, with Matic-Neves-Fernandes you have a balanced midfield I believe. Sancho would be a fantastic addition to the squad, but I wonder what your intentions with Rashford are.
    Neves is just what we wanted, we have a CDM that will sit back and read the game and stop attacks, Neves adds some steel to the midfield, can score from range an will control the game along with the creativeness Fernandes brings, perfect 3 from my eyes right now.
  • Ashy
    8838 posts League Winner
    edited May 2
    GLC9oKN.png

Sancho smashes Man Utd's record signing beating Pogba's £89.3m fee by £700k. £90m was enough to tempt Dortmund to sell the Englishman as he returns to Manchester but not the blue side rather the red side. 5 year deal has been agreed with the player and club and he will earn a reported £150k/week wages. Sancho takes the iconic number 7 shirt and is expected to make his debut on the right side of midfield against Leicester City in the Premier League opener in a couple of weeks. Ole had this to say, "Sancho has lit European football up, not only in the Bundesliga but in the Champions League as well, he's still very young but I know he wants to succeed here in England and prove a point to Manchester City. He will get every opportunity to reach his potential and I look forward to working with him".

Ed Woodward failed with a large rumoured bid of £60m for AC Milan goalkeeper Donnarumma, and now he will look at other targets such as Lopes from Lyon, Hrádecký from Leverkusen, Schmeichel from Leicester and Navas from Real Madrid. Another sale sees Darmian join West Ham for a reported £6.4m fee.

LsIfqI8.png

As Manchester United start to wrap up their transfer window before the Premier League kicks off in a weeks time we see two big sales from the club and one come in. Pogba who has been hot and cold last season and really for his whole duration at the club gets his move to Barcelona, £100m fee agreed with both clubs will see the French World Cup winner join the likes of Messi, Suarez and Coutinho. Reports coming from the club suggest players in the dressing room were getting frustrated with Pogba's actions on and off the pitch, 'he's a big personality but that can be a good thing and a bad thing' says a Man Utd fan.

De Gea gets his dream move back to Spain as he joins Real Madrid, £60m fee was enough to get the deal done with the player only having 1 year left on his contract and a double deal was struck as their Costa Rican goalkeeper Keylor Navas joins Manchester United in return for a £30m fee. This exact deal was expected to happen only 2-3 years ago towards the end of the summer window but nothing came of it. Now it seems Man Utd have completed their transfer business bringing in 8 players and selling 9, a crazy summer but now the work begins...

Transfer Summary

Transfers in (£397,500,000)
    Jadon Sancho (Dortmund) - £90,000,000
    Ciro Immobile (Lazio) - £85,000,000
    Bruno Fernandes (Sporting) - £57,500,000
    Ruben Neves (Wolves) - £40,000,000
    Aaron Wan-Bissaka (Crystal Palace) - £39,500,000
    Keylor Navas (Real Madrid) - £30,000,000
    James Ward-Prowse (Southampton) - £29,500,000
    Toby Alderweireld (Tottenham) - £25,000,000

Transfers out (£285,500,000)
    Paul Pogba (Barcelona) - £100,000,000
    David De Gea (Real Madrid) - £60,000,000
    Romelu Lukaku (Real Madrid) - £45,000,000
    Alexis Sanchez (Lazio) - £20,500,000
    Fred (Tottenham) - £19,600,000
    Andreas Pereira (Southampton) - £13,500,000
    Phil Jones (Crystal Palace) - £12,500,000
    Marcos Rojo (Wolves) - £8,000,000
    Matteo Darmian (West Ham) - £6,400,000
    Ander Herrera (Atletico Madrid) - Free
    Juan Mata (Leicester City) - Free
    Antonio Valencia (Free Agent)
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • Ashy
    8838 posts League Winner
    edited May 2
    We are days away from the Premier League 19/20 season kick off and Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville predicts how Ole Gunnar Solskjær will setup this season and his thoughts on the transfers in what was a crazy summer for the club.
    zR72GcA.png

"This is how I see United line-up, Alderweireld, Fernandes and Immobile were all bought at the very start of the window and had a full pre-season, Wan-Bissaka shortly joined them and Neves joined for the final 2 games so 5 of the new signings are quite familiar with how Ole wants to play and their teammates around them, Sancho was bought after the tour along with Navas, now I see Navas going straight in there and a record signings like Sancho and his willingness to get straight in and hit the ground running means he gets in for me.

Ole likes the 4-3-3 he's got the perfect balance in midfield, a holding player in Matic that will sit back, a box to box goalscorering midfielder like Neves and a creative hub in Bruno Fernandes. Immobile I expect to be the focal point up front and he'll have the pace of Sancho on the right and Martial or Rashford on the left. On Rashford I think he will give any of the front 3 competition for their place so they'll need to perform week in and week out.
    The defensive 4 is much improved, he's kept Shaw and Lindelof on the left side and massively improved the right with Wan-Bissaka and Alderweireld, both Premier League experienced and incredible defenders.

U1m9Ixu.png

Looking at the depth like I say I see Rashford getting quite a bit of game time whether that be if an injury occurs, out of form players, fresh legs for the cup games he will get his chance to prove his worth and potentially knock one of the 3 ahead of him off. Lingard as well could make an impact, he'll be a winger under Ole but he can also play in midfield so there is that. Ward-Prowse will be the main midfield man off the bench, McTominay can come on to maybe close a game out but you see I put Angel Gomes in the graphic I see him as a player that will play a selection of games this season, same with Greenwood he's had a good pre-season and I expect him to play in the cups and some Europa fixtures. The defence is quite weak and very much the 'old United of last season' I mean Ole couldn't go and get over 10 players this window I'm surprised they got 8 in, let's hope these guys step up when the times comes.

I do believe if these set of players hit the ground running they can somewhat compete with Liverpool and City, I'd like to think they're able to reach 80-85 points this season but we will see."
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • LAboog4
    Incredible graphics, not sure how you made the players in a United kit but that look fantastic.

The transfers are exactly what United need. Young mixed with experienced winners and all new attitudes at the club.

This team should compete for the league title and with the depth, the FA cup is another trophy I can see them going for.
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    I would like to pick Sancho.