Using a cheap team and fun is back

Oneillr
481 posts An Exciting Prospect
Sold up my team for TOTS and am using a cheap hybrid team in the meantime and I have to say I am having way more fun with players like depay,lonzano and talisca.

Maybe its because I'm not expecting as much going into games with a lower rated team,anyone else having a similar experience.

Comments

• lIlIlIlIlIl
    2834 posts Fans' Favourite
    In any other FIFA I would say yes. In 19 crappy teams aren't viable for high ranks. Long gone are the days when you could combine fun with the competitive aspect.
  • Kiido
    419 posts Sunday League Hero
    Not really. Unless you play in lower divisions or something, but there is nothing fun about getting hammered against good players with insane teams.
  • EJND
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yes bro, totally agree!!! after haven't been playing for quite a while i started a couple of games in div2 agian last week... Only untradeales and the only special card was De Bruyne futmas... the others from the likes of Jesus, Sane , Fabinho ... good gold cards but nothing special . Bro it was so much fun! i really thougt i could enjoy this game again, quick responing, beautiful runs, when triggered, tackling was working ! So i decided to do some loan icon cards on sunday to decide where to invest all the coins that i have lying around + had a loan PIM Gullit from weekly objectives... When playing with my nearly full Elite icon team, i was suddenly playing another game ... everything felt so slow and unresponsive ( typical running in mud feeling) , AI Player didn't do runs and my player just couldn't tackle anymore. After winning nearly every game with my gold team , i lost 10 games in a row with my full icon team yesterday and mooved down to div3 ... Honestly, really no idea, whats going on with this game ?!?! I am not saying this happened because of playing with an Icon team, but for sure DESPITE it .... If you get bad gameplay you'll get it, no matter if your team is worth 250 thousand or 25 mill ...
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Kiido wrote: »
    Not really. Unless you play in lower divisions or something, but there is nothing fun about getting hammered against good players with insane teams.

• MarchOrDie
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I done The same thing as you, i enjoy them as well, more than The expensive players
  • D Heleteli
    818 posts Semi-Pro
    Up until about Fifa 17, players and squads were secondary to skill. Now its P2W
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2834 posts Fans' Favourite
    D Heleteli wrote: »

Pretty much this. A hyper-stacked squad is a prerequisite to entering E1-2 and top100.
  • Kiido
    419 posts Sunday League Hero

True. Back in the day it didn't matter that much. It would only give a slight edge at best but in Fifa 19 you are guaranteed a top finish if you have a God squad. If you are half decent that is
  • Gnomenclature
    2504 posts Fans' Favourite
    The only time my icons feel overpowered is when my opponent sucks at defending... which basically means they all feel average now...
  • Benja190782
    1152 posts Professional

True. Back in the day it didn't matter that much. It would only give a slight edge at best but in Fifa 19 you are guaranteed a top finish if you have a God squad. If you are half decent that is

And why is that may some people ask - it’s because the game is literally playing itself with those God Squads.

All the assists becomes so insane it’s hard to tell if I did any good by myself. No joke.
  • DIXON THFC
    2472 posts Fans' Favourite

And why is that may some people ask - it’s because the game is literally playing itself with those God Squads.

All the assists becomes so insane it’s hard to tell if I did any good by myself. No joke.

So true at times lol

• Boerieboys
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    How cheap is cheap?
  • gorillabear
    554 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Boerieboys wrote: »
    How cheap is cheap?

Cheap for the forums, so a squad worth only 10mil
  • highlander22
    97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Oneillr wrote: »
    Sold up my team for TOTS and am using a cheap hybrid team in the meantime and I have to say I am having way more fun with players like depay,lonzano and talisca.

Maybe its because I'm not expecting as much going into games with a lower rated team,anyone else having a similar experience.

What team are you using? How much did it cost?
  • Oneillr
    481 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Mandanda.
    Mendy,lenglet,kimpembe, Rafael.
    Talisca,rabiot,Gustavo.
    Depay, lonzano,Balotelli.

• CharlieC
    6097 posts Big Money Move

Yep