What an Idiot i am...

Comments

• FijiBoy
    248 posts Sunday League Hero
    Same happened with me. But as soon as go on 2-3 losing streak I give the game a good 2-4hr rest. Always play when the live transfer market is at its minimum as the servers are better that time
  • saaa69
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I quitted WL some weeks ago and was "clean" for about 4 Weeks...i made a big mistake and thought i'll give it a try again.

And you know what, WL started good...i started with 9-2. After the 9th win i lost all (!) following Games so that i am now 9-11. My Opponents weren't better than me, i conceded so many bs Kick-off Goals, that i can't count them. Nearly every Game i was up 2-0 and lost these Games in OT. Servers are trash, Gameplay is trash.

Man, i deleted FIFA, deleted the Companion App because this game makes me feel bad and ruins my weekends. I'm addicted to this **** Game and don't know how i can stop it.

You know, i'm chronically ill and FIFA has helped me through a lot of difficult times in my life but FIFA doesn't help me anymore, it strengthens my disease.

But it's not only the game, that makes me feel bad, it's also the ignorance from EA.

Gaming can be good, if you're struggling in life, because it can help you to forget that you're terminally ill...FIFA doesn't help me anymore. I feel lost for the moment...

exactly the same here.
    started with 9 out of 15, not so bad at all i quess.
    ended with 10 out of 30.

Normally i come out in gold 2/gold 1, it's the first time ever i didn't qualify for the next WL.

this game has become a joke, it's not worth of playing anymore.
    i will follow your lead and delete this crap too hoping many others will follow!
  • I quitted WL some weeks ago and was "clean" for about 4 Weeks...i made a big mistake and thought i'll give it a try again.

And you know what, WL started good...i started with 9-2. After the 9th win i lost all (!) following Games so that i am now 9-11. My Opponents weren't better than me, i conceded so many bs Kick-off Goals, that i can't count them. Nearly every Game i was up 2-0 and lost these Games in OT. Servers are trash, Gameplay is trash.

Man, i deleted FIFA, deleted the Companion App because this game makes me feel bad and ruins my weekends. I'm addicted to this **** Game and don't know how i can stop it.

You know, i'm chronically ill and FIFA has helped me through a lot of difficult times in my life but FIFA doesn't help me anymore, it strengthens my disease.

But it's not only the game, that makes me feel bad, it's also the ignorance from EA.

Gaming can be good, if you're struggling in life, because it can help you to forget that you're terminally ill...FIFA doesn't help me anymore. I feel lost for the moment...

how old are you?
  • BorussenBernie09
    1392 posts Professional
    I quitted WL some weeks ago and was "clean" for about 4 Weeks...i made a big mistake and thought i'll give it a try again.

how old are you?

• madwullie
    4144 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah I agree, although I'm loving the 433(5) this year so it's really keeping my health issues out of my mind - which is the best place for them
  • I quitted WL some weeks ago and was "clean" for about 4 Weeks...i made a big mistake and thought i'll give it a try again.

how old are you?

im in the same boat ... im 38 ... and since fifa 10 my wife reckons ive spent £8000 on this addiction known as ultimate team...this year i took a diff aproach..dont play the game ....just trade...pure trading ... trading to tots...im on 9 mill and cant wait for tots ...

i bought around 300 bernardo silva cards for 3.8k and he is at 5.5k now with a view to getting up to 7k at this evening once the poty cards are released...im looking at decent profit....also the profiit and buzz i get from trading surpasses any stress with with division rivals....weekend league .. no more punching my leg or throwing my controller...

i also play fifa mobile and football manager on a cheap £280 second hand laptop.

ea will not stop... fifa ..madden ..nba ...nhl ..all take in the £££££££ ....snoop dog did a video telling ea to sort their "effin" servers out on madden.....they still havnt ..they dont care
  • krappen07
    5994 posts Big Money Move

how old are you?

im in the same boat ... im 38 ... and since fifa 10 my wife reckons ive spent £8000 on this addiction known as ultimate team...this year i took a diff aproach..dont play the game ....just trade...pure trading ... trading to tots...im on 9 mill and cant wait for tots ...

i bought around 300 bernardo silva cards for 3.8k and he is at 5.5k now with a view to getting up to 7k at this evening once the poty cards are released...im looking at decent profit....also the profiit and buzz i get from trading surpasses any stress with with division rivals....weekend league .. no more punching my leg or throwing my controller...

i also play fifa mobile and football manager on a cheap £280 second hand laptop.

ea will not stop... fifa ..madden ..nba ...nhl ..all take in the £££££££ ....snoop dog did a video telling ea to sort their "effin" servers out on madden.....they still havnt ..they dont care

Trading is the most relaxing and rewarding thing to do in this game. Shame that this game has become more of a panini card collecting game. I enjoy the game of football, and can’t play anymore due to bad injury, but playing this game just gets me upset, irrelevant of the results.
  • DannySTFC
    985 posts Professional

how old are you?

This isn’t a pop at you but I’ve never understood people who just purely trade, i understand getting a kick out of making coins, I bought HL Sane the day his UCL card came out and didn’t even realise he was about to go up in value so I made a good profit, but if you don’t play the game and don’t spend that money on players then I don’t get the end game? Do you just end Fifa 19 with 10m coins and move on to the next Fifa, or do you sell the coins for real money to people who want them?

I don’t have a problem with people trading, and making coins is great, but i don’t understand why it would be exciting to make the coins if you have no use for them once all is said and done. This is a genuine question and something I’ve been wondering, it’s not a criticism of anyone who does it.
  • OZero
    4969 posts Big Money Move
    You really shouldn’t come back mate
  • BorussenBernie09
    1392 posts Professional
    edited April 28
    Thx to everyone for your kind words :smile:
    OZero wrote: »
    You really shouldn’t come back mate

I'm trying to stay away this time.
  • krappen07
    5994 posts Big Money Move
    DannySTFC wrote: »

how old are you?

This isn’t a pop at you but I’ve never understood people who just purely trade, i understand getting a kick out of making coins, I bought HL Sane the day his UCL card came out and didn’t even realise he was about to go up in value so I made a good profit, but if you don’t play the game and don’t spend that money on players then I don’t get the end game? Do you just end Fifa 19 with 10m coins and move on to the next Fifa, or do you sell the coins for real money to people who want them?

I don’t have a problem with people trading, and making coins is great, but i don’t understand why it would be exciting to make the coins if you have no use for them once all is said and done. This is a genuine question and something I’ve been wondering, it’s not a criticism of anyone who does it.

@DannySTFC

Well, I can only speak for myself. In fifa 18, it was the game I traded the most because I found it relaxing and a game in the game itself, if that makes sense?

It was also the first fifa I was getting so frustrated with the gameplay, even though I was hitting E3, it wasn’t worth the grind every weekend. So instead trading and investing became a way of keeping the game alive, enjoyable and relaxing for me, whilst also being a lot more profitable comparing the time spent trading vs grinding WL.

So I was essentially enjoying the game more, by playing the game less, and at the same time making lot more coins than if I had played WL, with less time spent on game. Ratio was roughly about 80% trading/investing and 20% gameplay

I set a goal in September to have a certain dream team, and from April forward it was about seeing how high I can reach the leaderboards on transfer profit, and from TOTS forward it was about collecting as many cards from the game as possible, and try out as many different teams casually in divisions, and in WL cuz I was obsessed with getting good red TOTS cards.

In a way, it kinda is EA fault for focusing only on content (as it’s evident ever more this fifa) than actual gameplay. It’s becoming more a card collecting game, because playing this game is so darn frustrating. If EA would focus even half as much attention as they do on promos and packs, I might actually be playing more of the game than I have been, like I used to do back in the day.
  • madwullie
    4144 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 29

how old are you?

This is the first year in ages I've had more fun playing the game than trading. And I trade a lot. Always about 80IFs in my TP.

Trading and making coins, getting some good profit, finding a great deal or a great niche in the market noone else seems to be using has its own buzz
  • CheeseSlice
    724 posts Semi-Pro

how old are you?

when i started playing my skill rating was 800 in division rivals ....then after 6 weeks it shot down to 285 .... players running away from the ball and all that so i just had enough of playing...and made the decision to trade for months on end ...and smash it at tots ...and it was worth it as far as coins go ...im minted ... and the thought of being able to buy loads of nice new blue shiney cards makes me :)
  • Gooner93
    334 posts Sunday League Hero
    Indeed played 30 minutes of one game for the first time in 2 weeks tonight, so awful i love football so i keep coming back but this game is just insulting
  • QceCapo
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    All kidding aside prayers up for OP..... Whether this game is rubbish or not we can all appreciate the honesty of the post and understand that this is a game that is meant to be enjoyed.....but it really does suck you in and can send you in a negative tailspin.
  • BorussenBernie09
    1392 posts Professional
    edited May 1
    QceCapo wrote: »
    All kidding aside prayers up for OP..... Whether this game is rubbish or not we can all appreciate the honesty of the post and understand that this is a game that is meant to be enjoyed.....but it really does suck you in and can send you in a negative tailspin.

Thx Mate! I'm out for a few days now and feeling better. Have been out for a bike Tour with my fam today and it felt nice not sitting in my room playing this crap.

Honestly, it feels like quitting an addiction and this is alarming.

• RascalinHere7
    2062 posts Fans' Favourite
    I feel ya my dude. I can relate to your op so much. My best advise for you is that to don’t take it so serious. I been playing fifa since UT came out so I’ve had my share of lost tempers back in the days, a lot of broken remotes and quite a few holes in my room walls. Lol I was a silly kid.
    I’m addicted and I can’t stop playing this game because I just loooove football so much and I’m makind lemons into lemonade by just playing the game and if BS goes my way ( gameplay lag input) ill either adjust and play lame or just walk away and come back later cause eventually it weirdly fixes itself at some point. I haven’t spent a penny since fifa 15 on this game either. They don’t care about us. So my part in showing that back to them is to not spend a penny. Too bad that all fifa lovers can’t do the same cause I’m sure I’m not even making a dent. But it’s my part and makes me feel better.
    Anyways man just stay unbothered, so many bigger problems in life than a video game. Enjoy the good moments.
  • QceCapo
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    QceCapo wrote: »

Thx Mate! I'm out for a few days now and feeling better. Have been out for a bike Tour with my fam today and it felt nice not sitting in my room playing this crap.

Good stuff bro.
  • BorussenBernie09
    1392 posts Professional
    edited May 10
    So, i didn't learn a thing and returned for TOTS and you know what? I'm doing pack suicide now and deleting my club. That's really the only way keeping me away forever from this bs game.

This is me finally quitting FIFA19!

P.S.: Opened Packs for 2.5 Million Coins and you guess what: not one TOTS Player :D :D :D :D
  • BorussenBernie09
    1392 posts Professional
    Wow, I've never been addicted to anything in my life...never did drugs, never drunk too much alcohol, never had gambling issues.

But FUT is really kicking my **** atm and deleting my Club really showed my how addicted I've become over the last month.

I deleted my FUT Club two days and I'm really feeling bad about it. It's not that im regretting it, it only feels like I'm waking up now. I played around 2000 Games, had a 6 Million Coins Team and spent an amount of around 500 € on FP. I'm asking myself now, why I'm feeling bad now and how it has come this far.

It really sucks, and i feel ashamed about being addicted to a videogame, that isn't pretty good or gives me anything but bad feelings as return for my time and money.

Is EA even aware what their game can do to people like me? I bet there are much more people like me out there. All i can say to them is: quit the Game, stop spending money, get your head straight and talk with your friends/wife/parents/psychiatrist about your addiction.

• mway
    687 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited May 12

This game is built to make you an addict. It´s like a drug. They studied that and they know it. If you have a problem with gambling or any kind of addiction and you are prone to have one then FIFA ( FUT ) is not your game or not something you have to be playing. I´m really surprised how this is not taken into account when they allow them to sell the game. I believe that no product of this kind should be available for people under 21 years old or at least it should warn parents. Because I repeat, not everyone is prone to become an addict but those with certain patterns could easily become one.

Glad to see that you run away of this thing and that you are enjoying time riding with your family. If you need to play a game play those that make you think and relax, like Civilization.
  • SPN1987
    2042 posts Fans' Favourite
    DIXON THFC wrote: »
    I started off 5-1 after 2 weeks off I'm now 10-13 and I've remembered why I cant be bothered anymore. It's just not an enjoyable experience... I've started playing borderlands 2 again anticipating BL3 and i never feel stressed out it's what It should be... Fun.

I'm not one of those quit every year people and then come back but at 33 years of age, 2 kids and a life full of stress I dont need this extra stress anymore. RIP my FIFA 1996-2019.

Why mention your record for a reason to stop playing? Is winning alone a reason to keep playing? I really don't think so. The fundamentals of this game are broken beyond belief, don't claim it suddenly becomes good when you win. :s