Great servers EA

JayyThunder
4108 posts National Call-Up
Do you know how hard it is to play this trash game when people just run back with their midfielders and let the AI defend for them and you can't pass or dribble?

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE

Not only that, it's a joke that YOU CAN PLAY THAT WAY AND STILL WIN. How on earth can someone literally just hold one button and you let the AI controlled back line, keep it's shape, mark every run, track every pass, intercept every ball and block every shot? Seriously? How can you put that GARBAGE in this game? This is an esport? There's SKILL involved in that? How? Give me a break. I'm so happy this game is dying and EA fired all those people and is losing money. They don't deserve crap after this travesty of a game.

Comments

• mdizzl3
    12287 posts Has That Special Something
    EA response:

Hey Fam,

Our server issues are a response to community feedback. The message we received loud and clear this time last year was you guys would never ever buy a FIFA title again. As a result, we once again scaled back our server capacity. We are now experiencing a higher player count then we expected.

The higher player count is being looked into by our gameplay engineers and they are confident they can reduce the player count and ultimately the load on the servers.

Thanks for playing.

Your Fam
  • D Heleteli
    726 posts Semi-Pro
    AI blocks, interceptions, tackles and goals have no place in FIFA. Literally just nerfing these things would increase the skill gap significantly.

We can keep dreaming..
  • hayhor1
    13973 posts Has That Special Something
    Clickbait title!
  • Amdp9
    2770 posts Fans' Favourite
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    EA response:

Hey Fam,

Our server issues are a response to community feedback. The message we received loud and clear this time last year was you guys would never ever buy a FIFA title again. As a result, we once again scaled back our server capacity. We are now experiencing a higher player count then we expected.

The higher player count is being looked into by our gameplay engineers and they are confident they can reduce the player count and ultimately the load on the servers.

Thanks for playing.

Your Fam
    :D
  • parky83
    422 posts Sunday League Hero
    Do you know how hard it is to play this trash game when people just run back with their midfielders and let the AI defend for them and you can't pass or dribble?

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE

Not only that, it's a joke that YOU CAN PLAY THAT WAY AND STILL WIN. How on earth can someone literally just hold one button and you let the AI controlled back line, keep it's shape, mark every run, track every pass, intercept every ball and block every shot? Seriously? How can you put that GARBAGE in this game? This is an esport? There's SKILL involved in that? How? Give me a break. I'm so happy this game is dying and EA fired all those people and is losing money. They don't deserve crap after this travesty of a game.

shouldnt you be out with the misses
  • BeerBaron
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    D Heleteli wrote: »
    AI blocks, interceptions, tackles and goals have no place in FIFA. Literally just nerfing these things would increase the skill gap significantly.

We can keep dreaming..

Will never happen it's there on purpose. They don't want a huge skill gap in a game mainly marketed to casuals.
  • D Heleteli
    726 posts Semi-Pro
    BeerBaron wrote: »

We can keep dreaming..

Will never happen it's there on purpose. They don't want a huge skill gap in a game mainly marketed to casuals.

I disagree. The game is actually flooded with hardcore fans of FIFA. People prepared to go to extreme lengths to win. The casuals have quit and the few that remain don't play weekend league at all.
  • BeerBaron
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I disagree. The game is actually flooded with hardcore fans of FIFA. People prepared to go to extreme lengths to win. The casuals have quit and the few that remain don't play weekend league at all.

It's not about WL though it's about the whole game. Tons of casuals play FUT so I don't see your point. Can't rly talk any more about it here though don't want to get a forum ban.

• silverdale10
    1242 posts Professional
    The casuals have quit and the few that remain don't play weekend league at all.

I haven't bothered with WL this FIFA despite qualifying for it the first week or so. Just can't be doing with playing that amount of games in the space of three days against ptw, lag and BS. You get the same in rivals of course but you don't feel compelled to keep on playing when it's bad (and the gameplay does seem to be worse at weekends).

• Mr_Echo58
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Theifa19 is a toxic decease people.
    Hurt them in their pockets and dont buy their latest trash20 this year.
  • CustardHippo
    419 posts Sunday League Hero

We can keep dreaming..

I wrote it on another thread but I noted that whilst doing the Bronze Wins in single Matches that the ai were significantly less involved, and players that relied on the AI were in big trouble. You needed to manually track runs and cover passing lanes and whilst it wasnt flawless, it meant it really exposed the skill gap that the AI was covering. I have never been in on goal as much in one game, and though it was harder to finish those tight chances players I actually felt rewarded playing it. It was just me versus my opponent.

Take this out or limit it at a higher level and it would really reshuffle division rankings. I suspect that lower stats on the bronze players meant the AI weren't able to intervene as much as maybe a gold or icon level defender might have? I don't know for sure, but it was actually refreshing playing with the bronze team. Downside; I went 1-0 up against one guy who decided to sub on 3 icons... the toxicity is still there
  • mdizzl3
    12287 posts Has That Special Something
    Mr_Echo58 wrote: »
    Theifa19 is a toxic decease people.
    Hurt them in their pockets and dont buy their latest trash20 this year.

Most will though,
  • MHoney1234
    7263 posts Big Money Move
    The only thing I care about OP is have you played Pete yet?
  • BorussenBernie09
    1208 posts Professional
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    EA response:

Hey Fam,

Thanks for playing.

Your Fam

Zaro, is it you??
  • JayyThunder
    4108 posts National Call-Up
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    The only thing I care about OP is have you played Pete yet?

Remember when I told him to add me since I was at work and gave him my psn?

I got home....no friend request