The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Semi pro too easy, professional too hard?

MagnificentMaestro
246 posts Sunday League Hero
Doing squad battles can get to 5-0 after 20 mins in game but professional I either scrape a win or lose.. 🤨 what gives? And I’m in div 2 I’m not a bad player online.

Comments

• Bakudu76
    1661 posts Play-Off Hero
    Do not compare offline games against AI with games against humans.
  • Pieman25
    17086 posts World Class
    Bakudu76 wrote: »

Exactly this, a much more patient game is needed offline.
  • MagnificentMaestro
    Pieman25 wrote: »

Please elaborate
  • Lackosweat
    6230 posts Big Money Move
    The first 2 teams in the set are much easier than the other 2.
  • MHoney1234
    9172 posts League Winner

Please elaborate

Build up play, don’t rush passes
  • Pieman25
    17086 posts World Class
    MHoney1234 wrote: »

Please elaborate

Pretty much this, possession based play with a load more working the ball side to side until a good chance opens up.
  • MagnificentMaestro
    It’s more the defending against AI I can’t do
  • Selgarr
    1066 posts Professional
    Are you taking into account the rating and chemistry of the opposition? For example, a 65 rated team with 23% chemistry would be very easy to beat on Legendary at least 5-0. However, a 89 rated team with 100% chemistry could be very difficult to beat on Professional. You might win by a goal or get beat.
  • ITSSPENO
    2003 posts Fans' Favourite
    World class is easier than professional on squad battles, 100%
  • Nervous_Nick
    5964 posts Big Money Move
    Doing squad battles can get to 5-0 after 20 mins in game but professional I either scrape a win or lose.. 🤨 what gives? And I’m in div 2 I’m not a bad player online.

Very strange...if you’re in div.2 you should be able to easily smash at least the first two teams at legendary.
  • MagnificentMaestro

Very strange...if you’re in div.2 you should be able to easily smash at least the first two teams at legendary.

As people have said AI is very different to humans, I can’t play the same I play against computer. They don’t work like humans
  • Mobehta
    187 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I play legendary if its a bronze mix squad with bronze gk,world class if its rated 84 and down and pro if 85 and up...takes a lot of patience and ots rasy if you take your timr
  • basdost_goat
    302 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lackosweat wrote: »
    The first 2 teams in the set are much easier than the other 2.

Many times I find the better squads with higher chem easier
  • basdost_goat
    302 posts Sunday League Hero
    I don't really understand squad battles I often win by a large margin vs all 4 on legendary but there's been times I've got destroyed on pro vs terrible teams playing like Barca and I can't get the ball no matter what.
  • CeeQue
    11871 posts Has That Special Something
    It's a coin toss. Some game i can smash the AI with full chem & legends. But then i get those random low rated (79-82) mid to low chem (65-80) squads and struggle.
  • Orison
    51194 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    MHoney1234 wrote: »

Please elaborate

Pretty much this, possession based play with a load more working the ball side to side until a good chance opens up.

@Pieman25 nah, countering the AI is much easier imo. Sure before the finesse patch you could do 2 drag backs, green timed finesse and done. Now I think it's much more difficult once you let the AI camp inside their own box, but countering the AI with a few quick passes and a through ball is very easy.

Alos playing the AI takes about no skill. Better be in div 2 and not bothering with offline than the other way round @OP