Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

I haven’t packed any good reds all year

fifaplayerbol
4372 posts National Call-Up
Been getting Gold 1/Elite 3 almost every week.

Anyone else the same?

Comments

• MelvinR95
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I feel you. I've been playing WL every damn weekend since it was introduced this FIFA. Best reds I got are Sterling 89, Pepe 88 and João Cancelo 88. Couple of goalies but that's about it. Drives me crazy.
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6434 posts Big Money Move
    Yup, been finishing G2/G1 and played every weekend and my best red has been 86 inaki williams or coman last week lol
  • Nervous_Nick
    6169 posts Big Money Move
    Cancelo 88 and Ben Yedder 86 are the only usable cards and I played every single WL (g1-g2).
  • KRANG00
    1850 posts Play-Off Hero
    Played my 1st ever WL last weekend and stopped at silver 1...got Ederson can't really complain.
  • cantonagod
    599 posts An Exciting Prospect
    MelvinR95 wrote: »
    I feel you. I've been playing WL every damn weekend since it was introduced this FIFA. Best reds I got are Sterling 89, Pepe 88 and João Cancelo 88. Couple of goalies but that's about it. Drives me crazy.

wow i would settle for them!
    Played the same finishing G2/3 every week and best i received is Reus 87 (now 90) - next best was Poulsen 87! Nothing else above 85 rated....
  • dregana08
    3982 posts National Call-Up
    G3-G1 pretty much every week and I have the below as my best:

88 Alisson
    88 Alex Sandro
    88 Marquinhos
    87 Fabinho
    86 Nainggolan / Robertson / Inaki Williams / Fraser

Guess I can consider myself pretty lucky... but I want that big pull that would be an end game player for me (Pogba, Mbappe etc).
  • Mini_Miudo
    9984 posts Has That Special Something
    Got 2 82s + Sirigu from Elite today. Then submitted 11 reds into the Premium upgrade and got 87 Parejo. Also no walkouts from Rivals rewards and Otamendi the only one from WL. Yikes. Pack/pick luck has been terrible all year.
  • Chavez76
    4225 posts National Call-Up
    got an 86 and an 87 today from G2
    (Sirigu and Sigurdsson)
    Dont know what to do with eiter though
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2054 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gold 1/2 every week. Useable ones ive got have been:

87 Naing,
    87 (now 89) Szczesny,
    86 Richarlison
    84 (now 86) Robertson.

Got a couple of unuseable 87s in Bruno Fernandes and Ilicic and a couple of bad 85's and 86's.
  • Jobiwan
    3457 posts National Call-Up
    Got 2 82s as my best. Got offered benteke twice. Thanks ea...
  • LiamSully
    6845 posts Big Money Move
    Took 87 SMS twice that week

Highest rated pulls all year

Bring back monthlies
  • PegLeg
    952 posts Semi-Pro
    MelvinR95 wrote: »

An 89 and two 88s and that's bad? Entitled much?
  • WS-SCFC-1184
    1266 posts Professional
    God i play every week too gold 2-1 and never had anything higher than an 86 callejon who doesn’t fit in my team anywhere. Today i got two 82’s benteke and that German what a f’in joke 😤
  • Jason1986
    7096 posts Big Money Move
    How many possible red cards each week would make it into anyone's team past TOTY time anyway?
  • Caspertjuh
    1058 posts Professional
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    Got 2 82s + Sirigu from Elite today. Then submitted 11 reds into the Premium upgrade and got 87 Parejo. Also no walkouts from Rivals rewards and Otamendi the only one from WL. Yikes. Pack/pick luck has been terrible all year.

You actually did pack a one million plus player in hazard :) Bit of a shame you had his potm.

• Empyrium7
    3365 posts National Call-Up
    Best red I packed was Sommer 86 rated
  • Mini_Miudo
    Caspertjuh wrote: »

You actually did pack a one million plus player in hazard :) Bit of a shame you had his potm.

Was always gonna be one I already had. If I was to get any good one this week, which I didn't, it would've been Reus since I already have the POTM. lol
  • krappen07
    5994 posts Big Money Move
    This system is better than monthlies, as you don’t need to play every week single week. It’s easy to remember the past as being better with monthlies when you don’t pack anything good this year with player picks, but it’s more a question of packweight.

We get more reds this year as well through weekly player picks compared to last year. If you missed one weekend last year, you’re kinda screwed as well with monthlies.

• 206xhpt
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    WL this fifa, either gold 1/2 finishes. Highestpull was 87 Mahrez
  • IxToMxI
    6857 posts League Winner
    krappen07 wrote: »
    This system is better than monthlies, as you don’t need to play every week single week. It’s easy to remember the past as being better with monthlies when you don’t pack anything good this year with player picks, but it’s more a question of packweight.

We get more reds this year as well through weekly player picks compared to last year. If you missed one weekend last year, you’re kinda screwed as well with monthlies.

Until Christmas played majority of weekend leagues E2, E3 and G1

Highest pull was 86 Werner, that ain’t a fair return imo, agree with the above statement but when I hadn’t completed a full month last year I still seem to pack something a lot better.

Don’t think it’s fair to graft all this time and never have a single decent pull from weekly rewards
  • krappen07
    IxToMxI wrote: »

Until Christmas played majority of weekend leagues E2, E3 and G1

Highest pull was 86 Werner, that ain’t a fair return imo, agree with the above statement but when I hadn’t completed a full month last year I still seem to pack something a lot better.

Don’t think it’s fair to graft all this time and never have a single decent pull from weekly rewards

I agree that we don’t get enough good pulls from weekly player picks. What I don’t agree with is changing from weekly to monthly will somehow give better pack luck.

I think it all comes down to luck different years, some people have more luck one year, less another.

Its definitely feasible EA may have adjusted packweight with player picks this year. Don’t think the solution is to go back to monthlies, if packweight will remain the same as this year. Rather adjust packweight instead.

• Mini_Miudo

You get more (and better) reds if you're a Gold or below player, less (and worse) reds if you're an Elite or above player. Everything they've done this year has been to screw Elite+ players (no minimum rating in IF packs or picks) so that no one can get good rewards consistently and everyone has to spend money on FP. :expressionless:
  • number7rocky
    5002 posts Big Money Move

You get more (and better) reds if you're a Gold or below player, less (and worse) reds if you're an Elite or above player. Everything they've done this year has been to screw Elite+ players (no minimum rating in IF packs or picks) so that no one can get good rewards consistently and everyone has to spend money on FP. :expressionless:

This, player picks are good for gold guys, they would get 3-5 cards a month before. As for elite plus for Elite 1 monthly you would get 20. Although getting them weekly is nice the balance isnt right
  • Amdp9
    4156 posts National Call-Up
    I am in the same boat, Fabihno was my best RED all year, Still have him enjoying EA's mercy on me,
  • krappen07

That is facts, Gold players or ppl who only play to Gold get more picks this year. Don’t necessarily agree with that they get “better” rewards, although it may seem so through social media and forums etc.

I do agree with that EA are catering more towards the casuals, and that you are not getting rewarded enough for finishing minimum Elite. Elite players should be guaranteed min rating for instance in their picks. That’s why I’m only playing to G3, then I’m done.

Again, I think it’s just a matter of adjusting pack weight rather than changing it from weekly reds to monthly, as EA could keep the same packweight going in to monthlies. Case in point, I’ve seen tons of T100 TOTW packs over past 6 months, and it’s a common thing to see them pack maximum 84 rated in a handful of TOTW. Also to be noted, it seems that TOTW this years aren’t as stacked as in previous years, less better options to pack. Or maybe it’s just that we have so many special promo cards this year, that the less desirable TOTW may have been desirable in our team last year, and not so much desirable this year tho. Just a thought
  • Jason1986
    7096 posts Big Money Move

Don't agree at all.

The red picks are a bonus, typically worthless cards. You might get one or two early on that are usable, the rest are just SBC fodder.

As for the other rewards, the higher you finish the more coins you get. Even if your TOTW pack contains discards, that's at least another 30k (or you can recycle them into "World Class" sections in Icon SBCs).

This whole complaining about rewards not being fair to the people who tend to win more is absolutely rubbish. It's just another way to complain about pack luck, which is a pointless exercise.
  • Chavez76
    4225 posts National Call-Up
    Jason1986 wrote: »

Don't agree at all.

The red picks are a bonus, typically worthless cards. You might get one or two early on that are usable, the rest are just SBC fodder.

As for the other rewards, the higher you finish the more coins you get. Even if your TOTW pack contains discards, that's at least another 30k (or you can recycle them into "World Class" sections in Icon SBCs).

This whole complaining about rewards not being fair to the people who tend to win more is absolutely rubbish. It's just another way to complain about pack luck, which is a pointless exercise.

agree... its just that people who end up in G(x) are more often posting their pulls than the E(x) players if they are any good.
  • Mini_Miudo
    edited April 2019
    You guys misunderstood what I meant. I meant Gold players get better reds compared to what they’d get in previous years, not compared to Elite players.

Again, gold players were never massively rewarded so they’d typically have to buy FPs to get a mega team unless they had absurd luck. They probably noticed Elite players weren’t buying FPs as much in Fifa 17/18, so they decided to kill their rewards too so they’re also forced to do so, that’s all.
  • number7rocky
    You guys misunderstood what I meant. I meant Gold players get better reds compared to what they’d get in previous years, not compared to Elite players.

Again, gold players were never massively rewarded so they’d typically have to buy FPs to get a mega team unless they had absurd luck. They probably noticed Elite players weren’t buying FPs as much in Fifa 17/18, so they decided to kill their rewards too so they’re also forced to do so, that’s all.

Exactly, they killed elite rewards so much I've made more coins stopping on gold 1 several times because your better of taking a chance with an extra 100k pack that the pathetic excuse of a totw pack. Anyone who seems to disagree with mini seems to be a gold player to... That's strange 😂
  • number7rocky
    Jason1986 wrote: »

Don't agree at all.

Reds cards are mostly worthless but most elite players have gone from getting 20 a month to 3 per week if you get elite every week, with monthlies at worse you'd get high rated sbc fodder, with weeklies your not even garunteed that.

Gold gets 2 cards a week, just one less than an elite guy so say 8 per month compared to last year when gold 1 got 5 for the whole month.

Obviously gold players will prefer it because they get better than before and elite guys wont because we get worse, plus the fact they killed pack wieght and removed min rating on the totw pack to the point some argue you better of taking a chance on gold 1.