How do you tackle?

CokePrime
120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Right what am I doing wrong, I finish games with 15+ tackles and 90% of the time it goes back to my opponent, it's clearly something I'm doing wrong because everyone else seems to win possession back with no issues. Not a moaning thread, legit want help before I go insane. If we played a match this is pretty much be how it would play out.

You tackle...goes to you, I tackle...goes to you. You block...goes to you, I block...goes to you. You intercept...goes to you, I intercept...goes to you.

😂😂😂

Comments

• krakos000
    17819 posts World Class
    Dont tackle. That's the key
  • CokePrime
    krakos000 wrote: »

So just AI defend, it's so stupid that you get punished for manually defending.
  • Hollandman
    4860 posts National Call-Up
    Just like me, I can't defend. Maybe I do 20 tackles a game, I don't have the patience to use AL defending. If I lose the ball I want him back asap, using AL defending is imo for noobs and ❤️❤️❤️❤️ boring
  • BrentfordFC
    13511 posts Has That Special Something
    B
  • krakos000
    17819 posts World Class
    CokePrime wrote: »

Its really stupid and even with high rated defenders it's still RNG if you'll get the ball or not. I manually tackle all game with prime Cannavaro and he comes away with it maybe once while my opponents attackers are making blocks/tackles/interceptions while he runs around with his cms -_- its super frustrating
  • CokePrime
    Hollandman wrote: »
    Just like me, I can't defend. Maybe I do 20 tackles a game, I don't have the patience to use AL defending. If I lose the ball I want him back asap, using AL defending is imo for noobs and **** boring

Exactly, I would get so bored AI defending. If I do a solid tackle, I expect to get rewarded for manual defending, not have it bobble out and roll into the path of the opponents striker on a perfect run lol
  • CokePrime
    B

wml8pi.jpg
  • Keano
    19358 posts World Class
    AI Defend, though i havent played properly in like 2 weeks, so ive been trying manual.... doesnt work out well.

if i'm controlling the player, stay on your feet & try to shoulder them off it, only slide if i'm either... tilted or last attempt that I know i'll get the ball (unless EA does an EA).
  • CokePrime
    CokePrime wrote: »

Its really stupid and even with high rated defenders it's still RNG if you'll get the ball or not. I manually tackle all game with prime Cannavaro and he comes away with it maybe once while my opponents attackers are making blocks/tackles/interceptions while he runs around with his cms -_- its super frustrating

I have PIM Blanc and PIM Desailly, if I leave them to it they will make amazing blocks, but if I touch them, it turns into a lucky dip of whether I'm going to get the ball haha
  • Bilbao_Baggins
    4102 posts National Call-Up
    Told be afraid of a timed slide tackle. Love going in hard and surprisingly get away with a lot!
  • CokePrime
    Told be afraid of a timed slide tackle. Love going in hard and surprisingly get away with a lot!

I literally just did this the last game, every heavy touch or large sprint push, I came in full force with the slide tackle and actually kept possession afterwards! Was winning the ball in his half constantly and resulted in a 2-0 ragequit.