Probably a stupid question but...

VladimirSochi
584 posts An Exciting Prospect
I’m moving from America to Europe for a few months at the end of summer. This will be my first time moving to a different region. Will this have any effect on my UT/account that I play on? I’m pretty sure it won’t, but just curious if anyone has a definitive answer on this. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• VladimirSochi
    (Note I’m more concerned about fifa 20. I’ve quit playing this fifa, but I know I’ll likely play 20 with my friends back home while I’m gone as a way to stay connected etc. I just don’t want there to be any issues caused by being in a different region or whatever)
  • Zero_velocity
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    No it won’t. Just might mean you connect with different players when you’re europe
  • VladimirSochi
    No it won’t. Just might mean you connect with different players when you’re europe

I figured. Thanks!
  • Clancy
    7734 posts League Winner
    eh, i'm not so sure actually

I accidentally bought a UK version of some FIFA, maybe 14, and it didn't work on my US account. I had to make a separate account with a fake UK address in order for it to work. And also I couldn't buy any FIFA points (blessing) because my credit card was US

I think as long as your PSN/XBOX account is from the same region that you purchase the game from, you'll be alright. But if you come to the states and buy a US version of the game and try to play it on your UK(or wherever you're from) account it might not work
  • VladimirSochi
    Clancy wrote: »
    eh, i'm not so sure actually

I accidentally bought a UK version of some FIFA, maybe 14, and it didn't work on my US account. I had to make a separate account with a fake UK address in order for it to work. And also I couldn't buy any FIFA points (blessing) because my credit card was US

I think as long as your PSN/XBOX account is from the same region that you purchase the game from, you'll be alright. But if you come to the states and buy a US version of the game and try to play it on your UK(or wherever you're from) account it might not work

Yeah it’s kind of confusing to me. I’m moving sometime between early September and early October. Not exactly sure when yet. I was planning on preordering (it goes against my better judgement) a digital copy in the US while I’m still here and then just taking my PS4 with me when I go. Both the console and the copy of the game would be from the North American region.

I feel like it shouldn’t be an issue, but I’ve heard stories about games from different regions not working before. Usually this is because people try to get preorder copies hours earlier by selecting a different region, but in my case o would just be bringing the game and system to a new region weeks later.