Do people enjoy playing squad battles?

Cainy_1998
136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I can’t stand it, I just find playing AI boring as hell, even when it’s at a difficulty that I struggle with.

I think the only good thing about having weekly objectives/swap rewards involved it is that I tend to switch off Fifa after a game or 2 of squad battles.

Comments

• JURITO1000
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    Extremely boring. For me its enough ai blocks and intercept in nornal games,dont need even more overpowered in squad battles.
  • Safehands84
    4049 posts National Call-Up
    Nope, only do it for weekly objectives,
  • akenners89
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I hate doing Squad Battles, I'm pretty sure the AI is fixed sometimes - as you can predict exactly when they are about to score! + as you say, its boring too.

The only reason I play occasionally is to get the Swap deal players.
  • DeanoZoff
    4728 posts National Call-Up

• Gnomenclature
    5910 posts Big Money Move
    It's kinda fun when my players are all playing well. I like the challenge - but sometimes it feels like its predetermined... I hate how close they mark everyone and how they never get called for fouls... It's more of a chore overall though.
  • rukawai
    302 posts Sunday League Hero
    I play it for the weekly objectives.

Yes it’s boring but at least u don’t get kids watching full replays and shhhing u after scoring from an el tornado cross lol
  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    Very annoying and boring..
  • Raider
    3759 posts National Call-Up
    rukawai wrote: »
    I play it for the weekly objectives.

Yes it’s boring but at least u don’t get kids watching full replays and shhhing u after scoring from an el tornado cross lol

this, or when they have a full on toty credit card FC and they shhh you lol
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    I played 2 games at the start of 19. That was enough for me to never return. Don’t even do it for objectives, it’s too boring
  • TheMightyBee
    3106 posts National Call-Up
    I try to play a couple of games a day, made over 3 million from the rewards for 40 mins of effort most days.
  • Andyh60
    786 posts Semi-Pro

• LJC18
    134 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Time seems to stand still playing squad battles, it’s actually mind numbing.
  • Hibee
    12409 posts Has That Special Something
    I don't mind it at all. More boring but way less toxic or stressful than online.
  • DFC1983
    1291 posts Professional
    On a high difficulty it's alright.
  • SomeNextGuy
    4781 posts Big Money Move
    Hate it.

I'd rather the weekly objectives be score with players from India in 15 separate rivals wins than have to play a few games of squad battles...
  • Nivaze
    2973 posts National Call-Up
    I tried to get in T100 a while ago as I noticed how easy it was on Legendary and eventho I made it I was brain dead for a week after playing 45 SB games in a week, never again!

I do try to play like 8 games a week for E3 for the packs so I can fill out some league SBCs and in the hope for something decent, I packed 88 Raul in one of these packs at the start so I keep hoping something like that happens again.
  • alvchong
    1590 posts Play-Off Hero
    I hate it but i seem to have more luck on Square Battle rewards, so i still play until Elite 1 each week. Normally, when i change my team (every week or two), i will play SB to test their formation.
  • Brownian_Motion
    380 posts Sunday League Hero
    I play SB most of the time, world class level. It comes with its flaws but at least I feel I can construct my game. Most of the time, I find it enjoyable. On the other hand, every time I venture to Rival mode (standing gloriously in 7th division), I feel it like a stressful struggle to death. Most of the players I met play high pressure all game long. I end up trying to ping pong the ball between my players on the 1/4 of a second I have to react. Absolutely no pleasure. The games look miles away from real football.
  • Pnub
    880 posts Semi-Pro
    It's not as enjoyable as last year for sure but still not as annoying to play as rivals during the week, no replays or celebrations. I play the 4 games monday to friday at legendary and then on the weekend just switch to beginner score 5 quick goals and then stop playing. Great for fitness for my WL team and the added bonus of all the extra coins is handy. Easy 30k coins in rewards plus the packs full of nothing.
    The most annoying part has to be the dynamic difficulty which can make playing a bronze squad harder than a 90+. I had the game switch difficultly from beginner during one match in the second half, came back to the game and the ai had started tackling and scoring goals. The only other annoying factor is all the players who bronze bench reducing the points you get per game.
  • Saiber_Summia
    1507 posts Play-Off Hero
    Only for weekly objectives and to restore to 99 the team fitness...
    Most of time super easy level, score one goal, wait for the end of the match.
  • CustardHippo
    2876 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not one bit but play until I hit the objective, usually 4/5 games if that. Have been known to load up a game on beginner and score 1 then watch TV for 5 mins. Repeat second half. Do this to get my main XI back to full fitness during WL and don't think I'm alone there.

If you think the hoodoo stuff is bad on Rivals etc then Squad Battles takes the mick. Watching a bronze 55 keeper at left back outpace and outmuscle your outfield players, 9 men stuffed in the box and a hoof clearance to a striker with no defender around for miles. Lunge tackles, elastic legs getting balls well out of reach and constant fouling never given.
  • 3MenandaBebe
    3066 posts National Call-Up
    Not one bit but play until I hit the objective, usually 4/5 games if that. Have been known to load up a game on beginner and score 1 then watch TV for 5 mins. Repeat second half. Do this to get my main XI back to full fitness during WL and don't think I'm alone there.

I do this too! Enough fitness games to get to gold 1/2 and get some few packs and 11k or so
  • Staxdoobie
    1895 posts Play-Off Hero
    Squad Battles is SUCH a pleasure to play after the mind-bending frustration of online matches. It's the one game mode in which you get a true measure of the players you've spent time and effort to acquire. I don't doubt there's an element of 'background manipulation' from the AI in SB, but it's nowhere near as clear as the obvious favouritism towards one team that goes on online (great when it happens to you, dreadful when it's against you).

In SB, the way your players play/feel is consistent, and you feel so much more in control of them. I know you're effectively only playing against a computer, but you don't feel cheated anywhere near as often as you do online. I basically only play UT for Squad Battles, and only play online if I absolutely have to for objectives (and to get the 27k a week for finishing Rank III).

But then again, I'm quite old and have grown up playing football games against computer AI. I'm not really cut out for constant-pressure, attack-at-all-costs online play, so I might be biased.
  • Torminator
    1403 posts Professional
    I cant be bothered playing online against those try hard game mechanic abusing toxic players. I solely play squad battles to unwind from work and have fun with my team.

Everytime i play online it give me such frustration that i stop immediatly.
  • Smiley_Utd
    1872 posts Play-Off Hero
    nope, hate it! soooo boring only play if I have to for objectives etc
  • Metab0lic
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    Weekly and daily objectives, and I score 5 goals really quick on beginner and then let it play out without touching when I am cooking dinner, showering that sort of stuff... just for the free packs. Usually get Gold 2 or 1 that way
  • D0lvl
    3098 posts National Call-Up
    I don’t mind SBs. Yes, there is AI cheating at times but you definitely have way better gameplay i.e. no button delay, no sluggish players, and no excessive heavy touch by your players.

You get to test out new formations and tactics against park the bus AI.

I just play 4 games @ Legendary everyday or maybe more during the weekend to get Elite 1. The rewards are decent and I have packed several walkouts to help me with SBC’s.

It’s such a different pace from the sometimes sweaty online gameplay.
  • BeastlyHusla
    5981 posts Big Money Move
    I play like 6 games over the week to get me to gold 1 and im out. its easy coins for little work
  • QceCapo
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    I try to play a couple of games a day, made over 3 million from the rewards for 40 mins of effort most days.

that's 40 minutes of your life everyday that you can't get back.