Wait, what...

1
EekAlaska
1648 posts Play-Off Hero
Have Maradona, Ronaldo and Gullit SBCs always required 3 Icons?

This is just getting ridiculous. These cards are supposed to be significantly cheaper than market value.

Comments

  • Scutch
    10370 posts Has That Special Something
    Only the Maradona card is cheaper than the cost of the SBC, but it’s very close. Also, had no idea R96 is now just over 4m. Wow.
  • EekAlaska
    1648 posts Play-Off Hero
    I did so many of these SBCs last year and yet this year they are so redundant and overpriced. Just boring to build and grind teams to get these players. SBCs are supposed to be original, fun and cheaper than market.
  • Ian_Ando08
    7469 posts League Winner
    R96 on the market is 4.2 his sbc is around 4.4, the whole point of sbcs is for people who have stacked clubs that can knock alot from the price... most people by now have 3+ fodder icons waiting wich takes what 900k off instantly?

    dont see the complaint here tbh
  • Campino
    26866 posts Player of the Year
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    R96 on the market is 4.2 his sbc is around 4.4, the whole point of sbcs is for people who have stacked clubs that can knock alot from the price... most people by now have 3+ fodder icons waiting wich takes what 900k off instantly?

    dont see the complaint here tbh

    I already have the 3 icon parts done for R9 for that exact reason. Just waiting for the reduction of the 88’s and he’s not far from done
  • Ian_Ando08
    7469 posts League Winner
    Campino wrote: »
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    R96 on the market is 4.2 his sbc is around 4.4, the whole point of sbcs is for people who have stacked clubs that can knock alot from the price... most people by now have 3+ fodder icons waiting wich takes what 900k off instantly?

    dont see the complaint here tbh

    I already have the 3 icon parts done for R9 for that exact reason. Just waiting for the reduction of the 88’s and he’s not far from done

    well done mate :) bet you cant wait haha!!
  • Campino
    26866 posts Player of the Year
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    Campino wrote: »
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    R96 on the market is 4.2 his sbc is around 4.4, the whole point of sbcs is for people who have stacked clubs that can knock alot from the price... most people by now have 3+ fodder icons waiting wich takes what 900k off instantly?

    dont see the complaint here tbh

    I already have the 3 icon parts done for R9 for that exact reason. Just waiting for the reduction of the 88’s and he’s not far from done

    well done mate :) bet you cant wait haha!!

    I didn’t use him last year at all so it’s my end goal this year mate

    Happy to wait a bit though with these prices
  • Ian_Ando08
    7469 posts League Winner
    Campino wrote: »
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    Campino wrote: »
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    R96 on the market is 4.2 his sbc is around 4.4, the whole point of sbcs is for people who have stacked clubs that can knock alot from the price... most people by now have 3+ fodder icons waiting wich takes what 900k off instantly?

    dont see the complaint here tbh

    I already have the 3 icon parts done for R9 for that exact reason. Just waiting for the reduction of the 88’s and he’s not far from done

    well done mate :) bet you cant wait haha!!

    I didn’t use him last year at all so it’s my end goal this year mate

    Happy to wait a bit though with these prices

    i had him and Gullit last year both incredible :) ive gone against getting them this yer tbh saving for cruyff
  • Campino
    26866 posts Player of the Year
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    Campino wrote: »
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    Campino wrote: »
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    R96 on the market is 4.2 his sbc is around 4.4, the whole point of sbcs is for people who have stacked clubs that can knock alot from the price... most people by now have 3+ fodder icons waiting wich takes what 900k off instantly?

    dont see the complaint here tbh

    I already have the 3 icon parts done for R9 for that exact reason. Just waiting for the reduction of the 88’s and he’s not far from done

    well done mate :) bet you cant wait haha!!

    I didn’t use him last year at all so it’s my end goal this year mate

    Happy to wait a bit though with these prices

    i had him and Gullit last year both incredible :) ive gone against getting them this yer tbh saving for cruyff

    I did Socrates Instantly and Johan cause I was just simply bored or waiting

    Johan is the one of the best/most enjoyable players I think I’ve ever used
  • DeanoZoff
    4222 posts National Call-Up
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    R96 on the market is 4.2 his sbc is around 4.4, the whole point of sbcs is for people who have stacked clubs that can knock alot from the price... most people by now have 3+ fodder icons waiting wich takes what 900k off instantly?

    dont see the complaint here tbh

    Very good point.

    The free icon im getting for fut swap saves me 350k off my next sbc.

    Plus all the packs you get in return. Even pulling nothing will still get you plenty of coins back.

    And by now most people will have a few high rated untradeables at least. Saving you even more on each sbc
  • Andyh60
    439 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes its like someone is coming into it brand new on day 1, oh how can I build 2 89 squads and 3 icons bla bla bla, that's why they aint out until now and we've had 6+ months to build squads to put into such sbcs. I mean this is why such icons aren't out until now via sbcs, imagine end of September Prime R9 was out then yes that would all but impossible to do at that time. Ok EA obviously have some very bad things but nah they have done this the right way.
  • Orison
    47644 posts FIFA Cover Star
    edited April 23
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    R96 on the market is 4.2 his sbc is around 4.4, the whole point of sbcs is for people who have stacked clubs that can knock alot from the price... most people by now have 3+ fodder icons waiting wich takes what 900k off instantly?

    dont see the complaint here tbh

    That is actually not the point as it was confirmed by that Zaro guy on twitter. The point isn't that it's "cheaper" when you have loads of untradeables (it's actually not, because opportunity cost remains the same), but that it's cheaper in general.

    He said multiple times that sbc prices are based on market value this year, but then there are discounts applied, because the card is untradeable (and he counted the packs you get as a discount).

    Considering the sbc is more expensive than the card is on the market, these sbcs are objectively wrong priced and that's it.
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    edited April 23
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    R96 on the market is 4.2 his sbc is around 4.4, the whole point of sbcs is for people who have stacked clubs that can knock alot from the price... most people by now have 3+ fodder icons waiting wich takes what 900k off instantly?

    dont see the complaint here tbh

    Really?! Most?
    So you have, and maybe a handful of others do that are on the forum. That is not a representation of all the FUT players.
    A lot of people I face in WL and Rivals don't even have an Icon in their team, let alone 3+ Fodder Icons.

    I have 2 Prime Icons and 2 PIM Icons. I have NO Fodder Icons. I will have 1 come next Monday morning though.
  • Ian_Ando08
    7469 posts League Winner
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    R96 on the market is 4.2 his sbc is around 4.4, the whole point of sbcs is for people who have stacked clubs that can knock alot from the price... most people by now have 3+ fodder icons waiting wich takes what 900k off instantly?

    dont see the complaint here tbh

    Really?! Most?
    So you have, and maybe a handful of others do that are on the forum. That is not a representation of all the FUT players.
    A lot of people I face in WL and Rivals don't even have an Icon in their team, let alone 3+ Fodder Icons.

    I have 2 Prime Icons and 2 PIM Icons. I have NO Fodder Icons. I will have 1 come next Monday morning though.

    if youu seriously dont have a stacked club with a few icons at least youve been playing the game wrong
  • Ian_Ando08
    7469 posts League Winner
    Orison wrote: »
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    R96 on the market is 4.2 his sbc is around 4.4, the whole point of sbcs is for people who have stacked clubs that can knock alot from the price... most people by now have 3+ fodder icons waiting wich takes what 900k off instantly?

    dont see the complaint here tbh

    That is actually not the point as it was confirmed by that Zaro guy on twitter. The point isn't that it's "cheaper" when you have loads of untradeables (it's actually not, because opportunity cost remains the same), but that it's cheaper in general.

    He said multiple times that sbc prices are based on market value this year, but then there are discounts applied, because the card is untradeable (and he counted the packs you get as a discount).

    Considering the sbc is more expensive than the card is on the market, these sbcs are objectively wrong priced and that's it.

    you get packs back and if you have a stacked club you get it cheaper seriously stop moaning as said above if you cant make this at least 1 mil cheaper youve been playing the game wrong... end of really
  • Ian_Ando08
    7469 posts League Winner
    if you seriously play a full weekend and dont see that at least 60% of teams have icons you must ben playing a differnet game to me :)
  • Orison
    47644 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    R96 on the market is 4.2 his sbc is around 4.4, the whole point of sbcs is for people who have stacked clubs that can knock alot from the price... most people by now have 3+ fodder icons waiting wich takes what 900k off instantly?

    dont see the complaint here tbh

    That is actually not the point as it was confirmed by that Zaro guy on twitter. The point isn't that it's "cheaper" when you have loads of untradeables (it's actually not, because opportunity cost remains the same), but that it's cheaper in general.

    He said multiple times that sbc prices are based on market value this year, but then there are discounts applied, because the card is untradeable (and he counted the packs you get as a discount).

    Considering the sbc is more expensive than the card is on the market, these sbcs are objectively wrong priced and that's it.

    you get packs back and if you have a stacked club you get it cheaper seriously stop moaning as said above if you cant make this at least 1 mil cheaper youve been playing the game wrong... end of really

    By that logic you could argue that if you actually do any of these sbcs you are playing the game wrong.

    You should have saved your coins, always took coins from rivals rewards, never did any useless icons and now you could just buy the players for cheaper on the market than their sbc price.

    They should have released PIM sbcs and should have priced them properly (optimus prime ruud was 7-8mil at the lowest so a 6mil sbc would have been ok). Releasing primes and making them more expensive than market value is wrong even based on their own explanation. Has nothing to do with moaning, but with stating the obvious.
  • Ian_Ando08
    7469 posts League Winner
    Orison wrote: »
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    R96 on the market is 4.2 his sbc is around 4.4, the whole point of sbcs is for people who have stacked clubs that can knock alot from the price... most people by now have 3+ fodder icons waiting wich takes what 900k off instantly?

    dont see the complaint here tbh

    That is actually not the point as it was confirmed by that Zaro guy on twitter. The point isn't that it's "cheaper" when you have loads of untradeables (it's actually not, because opportunity cost remains the same), but that it's cheaper in general.

    He said multiple times that sbc prices are based on market value this year, but then there are discounts applied, because the card is untradeable (and he counted the packs you get as a discount).

    Considering the sbc is more expensive than the card is on the market, these sbcs are objectively wrong priced and that's it.

    you get packs back and if you have a stacked club you get it cheaper seriously stop moaning as said above if you cant make this at least 1 mil cheaper youve been playing the game wrong... end of really

    By that logic you could argue that if you actually do any of these sbcs you are playing the game wrong.

    You should have saved your coins, always took coins from rivals rewards, never did any useless icons and now you could just buy the players for cheaper on the market than their sbc price.

    They should have released PIM sbcs and should have priced them properly (optimus prime ruud was 7-8mil at the lowest so a 6mil sbc would have been ok). Releasing primes and making them more expensive than market value is wrong even based on their own explanation. Has nothing to do with moaning, but with stating the obvious.

    we arent talking 1 mil more than market value here for example R9 costs 200k more at current prices!! dont forget that point once tots hits these sbcs are all gonna plummet due to the amount of high rated cards just like last year.. prices are daft atm

    the sbcs are fine

    only issue i have is the fact they didnt release PIM versions of the big lads but apart from that there is no issue and the people complaining there is probably never had a chance of getting them anyway and are just moaning for the sake of it ...

    if your true aim was a R9/Gullit then you would of had at least 3 fodder icons ready just incase and that has been easily achievable over the what 7 months we have had the game?

  • TTAZ
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    Prices are fine. All those reds you’ve gotten all year don’t have any oppertunity cost associated with them and mine prob saved me like 500K+. Also cards like zlatan that are 93 rated that you got for essentally free. Plus packs. All these bring down the cost

  • Diggy
    13618 posts Has That Special Something
    Where did this dumb terminology ‘ opportunity cost ‘ come from what a load of BS it is
  • Ian_Ando08
    7469 posts League Winner
    finally some people with sense :)
  • DutyHarry
    4906 posts National Call-Up
    Diggy wrote: »
    Where did this dumb terminology ‘ opportunity cost ‘ come from what a load of BS it is

    I think lord Neponthez did it, once again, and I agree, using it in FIFA context is dumb af. :joy:
  • Orison
    47644 posts FIFA Cover Star
    DutyHarry wrote: »
    Diggy wrote: »
    Where did this dumb terminology ‘ opportunity cost ‘ come from what a load of BS it is

    I think lord Neponthez did it, once again, and I agree, using it in FIFA context is dumb af. :joy:

    What's dumb af is to say "r9 only cost me 1mil, bargain".

    That's proper aa9skillz "I sold prime ruud for 4mil and bought the optimus prime for 10 so technically it only cost me 6mil" level of stupidity.
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    R96 on the market is 4.2 his sbc is around 4.4, the whole point of sbcs is for people who have stacked clubs that can knock alot from the price... most people by now have 3+ fodder icons waiting wich takes what 900k off instantly?

    dont see the complaint here tbh

    That is actually not the point as it was confirmed by that Zaro guy on twitter. The point isn't that it's "cheaper" when you have loads of untradeables (it's actually not, because opportunity cost remains the same), but that it's cheaper in general.

    He said multiple times that sbc prices are based on market value this year, but then there are discounts applied, because the card is untradeable (and he counted the packs you get as a discount).

    Considering the sbc is more expensive than the card is on the market, these sbcs are objectively wrong priced and that's it.

    you get packs back and if you have a stacked club you get it cheaper seriously stop moaning as said above if you cant make this at least 1 mil cheaper youve been playing the game wrong... end of really

    By that logic you could argue that if you actually do any of these sbcs you are playing the game wrong.

    You should have saved your coins, always took coins from rivals rewards, never did any useless icons and now you could just buy the players for cheaper on the market than their sbc price.

    They should have released PIM sbcs and should have priced them properly (optimus prime ruud was 7-8mil at the lowest so a 6mil sbc would have been ok). Releasing primes and making them more expensive than market value is wrong even based on their own explanation. Has nothing to do with moaning, but with stating the obvious.

    we arent talking 1 mil more than market value here for example R9 costs 200k more at current prices!! dont forget that point once tots hits these sbcs are all gonna plummet due to the amount of high rated cards just like last year.. prices are daft atm

    the sbcs are fine

    only issue i have is the fact they didnt release PIM versions of the big lads but apart from that there is no issue and the people complaining there is probably never had a chance of getting them anyway and are just moaning for the sake of it ...

    if your true aim was a R9/Gullit then you would of had at least 3 fodder icons ready just incase and that has been easily achievable over the what 7 months we have had the game?

    They are based on current market value, not on market value in a few weeks. They are more expensive which is against what ea stated, simple as that.

    I decided against any fodder icons or untradeable rewards and in hindsight it was the right choice as most people who did those got shafted. If you had 3 fodder icons then you wanted the optimus prime, not prime ruud. So now you wasted coins on getting the fodder and still can't get optimus prime ruud. Solid :joy:
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    R96 on the market is 4.2 his sbc is around 4.4, the whole point of sbcs is for people who have stacked clubs that can knock alot from the price... most people by now have 3+ fodder icons waiting wich takes what 900k off instantly?

    dont see the complaint here tbh

    Really?! Most?
    So you have, and maybe a handful of others do that are on the forum. That is not a representation of all the FUT players.
    A lot of people I face in WL and Rivals don't even have an Icon in their team, let alone 3+ Fodder Icons.

    I have 2 Prime Icons and 2 PIM Icons. I have NO Fodder Icons. I will have 1 come next Monday morning though.

    if youu seriously dont have a stacked club with a few icons at least youve been playing the game wrong

    I have a pretty stacked club, I have the players I want so far, but I don't have any spare Fodder Icons.
    Not been playing the game wrong at all.
    Your living in cuckoo land if you think most people have a few Spare Icons to just submit in to any Hugely priced Icon.
  • Kizler
    360 posts Sunday League Hero
    I think regardless of who is right or wrong here, the sbc’s should be reviewed frequently and adjusted to coincide with market cost but also look at the data on participation in the SBC’s. This could also entice more player to push for it, which could also push someone to purchase FP’s.

    Or am I just talking rubbish? 😂
  • Diggy
    13618 posts Has That Special Something
    DutyHarry wrote: »
    Diggy wrote: »
    Where did this dumb terminology ‘ opportunity cost ‘ come from what a load of BS it is

    I think lord Neponthez did it, once again, and I agree, using it in FIFA context is dumb af. :joy:

    That explains a lot if it came from that bellend
  • Tof33z
    6342 posts Big Money Move
    :smile: the concept of opportunity cost didn't originate in fifa lol

    they teach it in business school ffs
  • Hoopsterz
    1677 posts Play-Off Hero
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    R96 on the market is 4.2 his sbc is around 4.4, the whole point of sbcs is for people who have stacked clubs that can knock alot from the price... most people by now have 3+ fodder icons waiting wich takes what 900k off instantly?

    dont see the complaint here tbh

    Really?! Most?
    So you have, and maybe a handful of others do that are on the forum. That is not a representation of all the FUT players.
    A lot of people I face in WL and Rivals don't even have an Icon in their team, let alone 3+ Fodder Icons.

    I have 2 Prime Icons and 2 PIM Icons. I have NO Fodder Icons. I will have 1 come next Monday morning though.

    if youu seriously dont have a stacked club with a few icons at least youve been playing the game wrong

    I have a pretty stacked club, I have the players I want so far, but I don't have any spare Fodder Icons.
    Not been playing the game wrong at all.
    Your living in cuckoo land if you think most people have a few Spare Icons to just submit in to any Hugely priced Icon.

    If you had spent the time up until now planning to get Ruud or and of the big boys you would surely have planned that it would involve a few icons.. Anyone smart enough would have either done one of the cheap icon SBC's that was already out for the rating (Rui/Nakata) then got a couple of babies to fit the gaps.

    If you haven't been planning for these icons all year and assuming they would be expensive (as most cards in this game have been for most of the year) then thats your fault and not EA's.

    All these people crying they can't afford the icon they want either haven't planned well enough + spunked coins doing other stuff or just don't play the game enough to afford them.
  • Sixtech
    2996 posts National Call-Up
    I completed Gullit yesterday, took me 2 days to do everything at somewhat fast rate using some untradables i had.

    I did not have any icon to use because i was waiting for FUT Swaps so i bought everything. I spent 2.65 million doing it moreless, from packs i made 250k back so all in all Gullit SBC cost for me was 2.4 million.

    Not bad given that my untradables were only the weekly objectives cards like SMS, Boateng and some crap reds. I could have saved 290k more if i waited for the FUT Swap icon.

    So i saved around 1million coins from his market price. I think that is decent and on TOTS you should be able to do Gullit for 300k less than what i spent when the high rated cards drop again.
  • ColeWorld
    9822 posts Has That Special Something
    How can you really defend these stupid overpriced sbcs...
  • BarryChuckle
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hoopsterz wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    R96 on the market is 4.2 his sbc is around 4.4, the whole point of sbcs is for people who have stacked clubs that can knock alot from the price... most people by now have 3+ fodder icons waiting wich takes what 900k off instantly?

    dont see the complaint here tbh

    Really?! Most?
    So you have, and maybe a handful of others do that are on the forum. That is not a representation of all the FUT players.
    A lot of people I face in WL and Rivals don't even have an Icon in their team, let alone 3+ Fodder Icons.

    I have 2 Prime Icons and 2 PIM Icons. I have NO Fodder Icons. I will have 1 come next Monday morning though.

    if youu seriously dont have a stacked club with a few icons at least youve been playing the game wrong

    I have a pretty stacked club, I have the players I want so far, but I don't have any spare Fodder Icons.
    Not been playing the game wrong at all.
    Your living in cuckoo land if you think most people have a few Spare Icons to just submit in to any Hugely priced Icon.

    If you had spent the time up until now planning to get Ruud or and of the big boys you would surely have planned that it would involve a few icons.. Anyone smart enough would have either done one of the cheap icon SBC's that was already out for the rating (Rui/Nakata) then got a couple of babies to fit the gaps.

    If you haven't been planning for these icons all year and assuming they would be expensive (as most cards in this game have been for most of the year) then thats your fault and not EA's.

    All these people crying they can't afford the icon they want either haven't planned well enough + spunked coins doing other stuff or just don't play the game enough to afford them.
    Wasn’t the base icon SBC about 400k though? And Rui & Nakata probably the same. You can now buy icons off the market for 300k.
Sign In or Register to comment.