How did everyone's WL go?

JayyThunder
4108 posts National Call-Up
Probably had my best weekend in a while...maybe it was because I took a decent break from Fifa or because of the fact that I only wanted to play to 11 wins but I ended up getting there in 12 games. So yeah, I went 11-1 with my revamped 3412 team/tactics.

Gameplay was still pretty sluggish, I played about a third of my games away so it wasn't like I was cherry picking. But what was funny, as SOON as I hit 11, I just had NO motivation to play on, my friends were like, "hey you're 11-1 you might as well keep going". I played the next game, conceded 2 rebounds, one from kickoff, and I quit lol.

How did everyone else do? If you're playing 30 games in WL this late in the year, how? How do you stay motivated or even find time to play that much? I had to make sure I got 11 wins before like 4pm on Saturday because I wasn't going to be home that evening and all day Sunday. And on Friday, I could only play from about 5pm-8pm. But even if I had more time to play, I honestly don't think I would've kept going.

Comments

• Pattebennekou
    1369 posts Professional
    I probably had the worst WL so far this year, playing wise. I really couldn't get my game going. stopped at 17-8, which is alright I guess
  • JayyThunder
    I probably had the worst WL so far this year, playing wise. I really couldn't get my game going. stopped at 17-8, which is alright I guess

That's not bad at all for a "worst WL so far this year"
  • ASX
    1524 posts Play-Off Hero
    17-11 for me.

I play 2-3 hours Friday morning right when the WL starts, maybe a game or two Friday evening. Then play 2-3 hours first thing Saturday morning and the final games Sunday morning/night. Early morning is the best connection for me.

Not motivated by coins or cards but like to try and and set a new personal best each week; struggled for S1 early in the year, then struggled for G3, then got regular G2, next step G1.
  • Theomanny
    1357 posts Play-Off Hero
    My house sky connection went off Friday. Played on mobile 4g to 8 wins. Not a great experience. I salute people who play on 4g
  • Headshrinker363
    4532 posts National Call-Up
    14 wins with 2 to play. Average for me. Last two games, scored an og, rubber banded the right stick and did housework in between.
  • Vezzo
    747 posts Semi-Pro
    14-8 and didn't want to play any more - all the things that shouldn't happen were happening all the time
  • D Heleteli
    726 posts Semi-Pro
    11-1 here too. Never stopped at 11 before but had work commitments so couldn't get the games in
  • JURITO1000
    1579 posts Play-Off Hero
    I had worst wl,stopped at 12 wins ...too many ai blocked shots and rebound goals and the loss from 3-0 just showed me that is gonna be better to stop if i dont want to brake another controller

By the way about 3 atb tactics. I was trying so many times and different formations with 3 atb but i was always struggling in the attack so much. I dont how its possible because it suppose to help in attack with so many options but for me its the opposite,i score much more with 4231 .
  • BiigDee
    4329 posts National Call-Up
    For the first time this year my gameplay was decent, first game just felt awful though with so much crap and turned it off. Played a few yesterday and strangely it was delay free yet more nonsense than ever before. What made it worse is I think I matched up with every bellend available, cmon who dabs an own goal?? Just couldn’t be arsed and left it 11-2.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    1889 posts Play-Off Hero
    I still play 30 or thereabouts each weekend. 10 games a day isnt too bad really if you split it in to 2 sessions. Im desperate to get to elite as ive been stuck at gold 1 for the last 2 fifas. Ive got to 1 win away a few times, one was this weekend where my final game was a delayed mess where i didn't stand a chance and finished 22-8. Like someone previously said, i see how many wins i can get as a challenge. Also, rivals gameplay is so delayed most of the time i cant really devote time to it and dont really play through the week.
  • FinEverton
    606 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Stopped after 14 wins. Friday evening was good (7-1), but saturday and sunday were just horrible. Tried DR in saturday and gameplay felt much better than WL. Going to skip next weekend.
  • JayyThunder
    FinEverton wrote: »
    Stopped after 14 wins. Friday evening was good (7-1), but saturday and sunday were just horrible. Tried DR in saturday and gameplay felt much better than WL. Going to skip next weekend.

I NEVER play DR when I have WL to play. I just find the game play so much better. Interesting that you had the opposite.
  • SomeNextGuy
    2030 posts Fans' Favourite
    Played 3, won 3.

Basically a pro.
  • FinEverton
    606 posts An Exciting Prospect
    FinEverton wrote: »

I NEVER play DR when I have WL to play. I just find the game play so much better. Interesting that you had the opposite.

Never done that too, but WL was so bad this time so I just had to stop. Did weekly Italy challenge in div 1. Needed 4 games.
  • Batman442
    3688 posts National Call-Up
    Was going ok until the servers went down two hours before the end leaving me stuck on 19 wins with four games left
  • Pnub
    346 posts Sunday League Hero
    Best WL for me with my first gold 2 finish stopped at 17-9. Hopefully its because i'm improving more than just luck running my way but honestly i'm never sure in this game. Only time will tell if i can repeat it next week and well the gods of dynamic difficulty.
  • RebelRob
    4664 posts National Call-Up
    Had my best one this week, first g1 of the year.

Probably helps I used one of the best teams I’ve had, but still had some complete bs losses and felt like I should have had a few more, but happy because I won the last 5 to clinch it.
  • DannySTFC
    624 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Got to 16, always finish somewhere between 14-20 max. Weird, it’s always in patches, great runs of form followed by terrible form, then great again, never like win loss, win loss or anything like that. I knew I was going to lose my last game to potential get to the 17 mark because I was in one of those bad runs of form, kinda stupid really that you can almost predict the result pre game depending on your form.
  • 3MenandaBebe
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    21w, 9l. Bit worse than average.

Had 3 games where I conceded in 90th minute and then lost in extra time. My own fault really.
  • BeerInsured
    45 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I got to gold 3, with about 8 games to spare. Played 3 more and the delay was terrible, quit and went to bed. I’m fine with gold 3. Really wish they could figure out the delay and lag
  • ImAtrocious
    1762 posts Play-Off Hero
    Not a bad WL, but a little frustrating. I was 12-4 at one point, and then finished 18-12. That's my best win total, although I finish at 17 wins every other time I play.

Honestly, I don't get upset by the gameplay and still find it enjoyable. I try to get in half of the games between Friday and Saturday, usually while the g/f is out on her long run Saturday morning is the best time (I'd typically be out on my long run too, but since I'm injured there's more time to play). Sunday I usually leave the lady about 2pm, so I just finish the rest after that.
  • Phatnax
    53 posts Park Captain
    edited April 22
    Stopped at 11 couldn't take no more of the rubbish gameplay and button delay. Finished 11-10. Had a few games on dr today it was like a totally different game.
  • JayyThunder
    Seems like not a lot of us are finishing all 30 games. But I'm glad people had some decent finishes. I'll probably take this next weekend off, since MK is coming out tomorrow. and then get back into things the week after, but again. I'm only playing to 11 wins.
  • Pattebennekou
    1369 posts Professional

That's not bad at all for a "worst WL so far this year"
    Doesn't sound too bad, I know. The thing is that I played so bad and I felt like I was lucky with winning maybe 10 of those 17 games.
  • ImAtrocious
    1762 posts Play-Off Hero
    @JayyThunder That's the way better thing about this year's WL - you can take a weekend off and it doesn't invalidate all the other weekends you've played, since the rewards are weekly and not monthly. I'm sure part of why I'm not fed up with it, aside from that I started late, is the fact that I can just plan on playing the weekends I want and am able too, instead of feeling "forced" to squeeze it in like last year.
  • JayyThunder
    @JayyThunder That's the way better thing about this year's WL - you can take a weekend off and it doesn't invalidate all the other weekends you've played, since the rewards are weekly and not monthly. I'm sure part of why I'm not fed up with it, aside from that I started late, is the fact that I can just plan on playing the weekends I want and am able too, instead of feeling "forced" to squeeze it in like last year.

Yeah but the problem with that is, WL imo is the most playable mode in terms of delay and stress in general. So when the only decent mode to play is only on the weekends, when I DON'T have time most of the time, it sucks. So then I'm forced to play DR, which I hate, or draft and I can't play with my team and get used to it.

• Dutch3723
    537 posts An Exciting Prospect
    14-6 and stopped there. Weather was far too nice to be in playing Fifa and the rewards just aren’t worth it anymore.
  • MHoney1234
    7263 posts Big Money Move
    23-7. Came in from work from the studio in the early hours, got E3 quickly, then gave the last 3 away as free wins because I was running out of time at 5am on Monday morning.
  • Ravel - 7
    588 posts An Exciting Prospect
    First ever weekend league for me finished 14-15

Will never play again gameplay was horrible to many blocked shots and rebounding s

Looking forward to the player picks Thursday
  • spy
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Won the first 5 for the first time ever and got to 11-4 before going on a bad run and ended up at 14-10. Pretty par for the course for me, however well I start always end up around the same place. Could have probably got gold 2 (always get either gold 2 or 3 but had decided to stop at 14 wins regardless)