98 Ronaldo vs TOTY

TTAZ
1818 posts Play-Off Hero
Has anyone used both? How do they compare? Only big difference seems to be the passing and strength

Comments

• Soccrraim29
    636 posts Professional
    Gonzalos
  • Nic_Cage_in_Con_Air
    864 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 21
    Compare both of them with engine, not sure if the physical & passing upgrade is worth 3m+ extra

There’s also 5 games left for Juve in the league, with it being the only competition they have, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ronaldo get another IF or two before TOTS.
  • TTAZ
    1818 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bump
  • iTaLenTZ
    293 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 23
    Still 6 weeks at least before Serie A TOTS gets released. I have his OTW and his upgrades last week are very noticeable. He is an absolute beast. I have played with his TOTY as well and with an engine chemstyle they play exactly the same, couldn't tell a difference. I sold his TOTY to get his OTW last week and spare coins to get another Icon as well, zero regrets. His TOTY isn't worth the +3 million coins.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2602 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 23
    iTaLenTZ wrote: »
    Still 6 weeks at least before Serie A TOTS gets released. I have his OTW and his upgrades last week are very noticeable. He is an absolute beast. I have played with his TOTY as well and with an engine chemstyle they play exactly the same, couldn't tell a difference. I sold his TOTY to get his OTW last week and spare coins to get another Icon as well, zero regrets. His TOTY isn't worth the +3 million coins.

And what about the difference between his NIF and OTW? I hear it's minimal.
  • TTAZ
    1818 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 24

Well I hesrd NIf to TOTY was a big difference. SO something doesn’t add up lol
  • 3MenandaBebe
    1272 posts Professional
    Maybe the old otw before the upgrades was the same as the nif

I’m sure they’re worlds apart now
  • Bakudu76
    700 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Having used all almost all of Ronaldo's versions I'd say you mosty notice smother dribbling, less sluggishness.
    Better passing.
    94->95 was slightly better passing. Less sluggish.
    94->96 like above, but noticed better shooting.
    96->99 a huge difference in dribbling passing strength and aggression. Very smooth. Less prone to this loosing balance animation in turns close to a defender. Basically a complete card if only they would have buffed balance more.

Only versions a i cannot say anything about is
    98->99 statwise it only looks like only agression strength and a marginal passing upgrade.
    I'll have to buy the 98 and see if there is any difference noticable.
    But I don't think the additional 3mio coins is worth it.
    They have underbuffed the totys a little considering the amount of special cards messi and Ronaldo would get.
  • MHoney1234
    7114 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 24
    Compare both of them with engine, not sure if the physical & passing upgrade is worth 3m+ extra

There’s also 5 games left for Juve in the league, with it being the only competition they have, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ronaldo get another IF or two before TOTS.

He won’t get another upgrade this year. Messi didn’t for a hat trick + wonder goal. The OTW is done now.
    TTAZ wrote: »

I had the NIF then the TOTY. This broken game will put chances wide from 10 yards no matter who you have. The TOTY has better passing but CR7 isn’t there for passing, it’s for first time shots, heading and 5* skills, all of which the NIF has. I sold the TOTY bought back the NIF, then PIM ADP, upgraded Best and finished Gullit. No regrets at all.

TOTY is great, but not worth the coins. If you had the OTW early doors, you’re laughing now though

GPG for NIF - 0.936. Assists - 0.371
    GPG for TOTY - 1.005 - Assists 0.388

Is that passing upgrade worth 0.015 assists per game at an extra 5 mil? Nah.
  • Noviembre17
    441 posts Sunday League Hero
    The best price performance ratio is 98 totks card i guess it will be under 3 million tomorrow when packs opened.

But everybody uses cancelo for chem so 98 otw will be better choice with st position in the long run.

Toty and otw is nearly same expect passing and strength. And these stats not worth +3m. So toty owners will downgrade to otw soon.
  • Denz
    1890 posts Play-Off Hero
    The 98 could have 99s all over, it still wouldn't feel as good as the toty.
  • Foxsake
    1771 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’ve got the otw there is no difference with the normal card
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    MHoney1234 wrote: »

He won’t get another upgrade this year. Messi didn’t for a hat trick + wonder goal. The OTW is done now.

I had the NIF then the TOTY. This broken game will put chances wide from 10 yards no matter who you have. The TOTY has better passing but CR7 isn’t there for passing, it’s for first time shots, heading and 5* skills, all of which the NIF has. I sold the TOTY bought back the NIF, then PIM ADP, upgraded Best and finished Gullit. No regrets at all.

TOTY is great, but not worth the coins. If you had the OTW early doors, you’re laughing now though

Thanks man, that's what I thought. So he's basically a bit smoother on the ball according to Bakudu and has better passing overall. Yeah, it makes it hard to justify that kind of amount.
  • MHoney1234

Thanks man, that's what I thought. So he's basically a bit smoother on the ball according to Bakudu and has better passing overall. Yeah, it makes it hard to justify that kind of amount.

Exactly as Bakudu said mate. The NIF and TOTY had almost identical records for me. I remember selling the TOTY version after he missed two sitters from 6 yards. Shooting on this game is a mess.
  • Bakudu76
    700 posts An Exciting Prospect

Yes it really depends on you if you rely on that extra strength aggression passing and dribbling. But if his sole purpose is shooting, then you will not notice much difference.
    Well only the aggression, where he sometimes 'wants' the ball more.
    It will give you a little more options like playing on the wings or a deeper cam role successfully . But that's a little to specific for 3 million extra coins I guess.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl

Exactly as Bakudu said mate. The NIF and TOTY had almost identical records for me. I remember selling the TOTY version after he missed two sitters from 6 yards. Shooting on this game is a mess.

I'll save the coins on Ronnie and get his NIF again to partner him up with TOTY Mbappe & Neymar.
  • iTaLenTZ
    293 posts Sunday League Hero
    6,5 million coins = 99 CR7 or 98 CR7 + Prime Gullit. Choice is easily made.
  • MHoney1234

Or NIF CR7 + Gullit and Vieira (or Eusebio)
  • lIlIlIlIlIl

Or NIF CR7 + Gullit and Vieira (or Eusebio)

Yep, even better.
  • WonderMouse
    1891 posts Play-Off Hero
    Would buy the 98 now but I don't mind waiting, think the 98 will drop more over the next month? Also don't want to buy if his TOTS will be under 4.5 mill
  • WonderMouse
    1891 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bought the 98, he good