Worst WL ever. Have teams been nerfed?

Heshyooo
451 posts Sunday League Hero
edited April 21
I usually get elite 3/gold 1 on a bad weekend but I've only scraped gold 2 this weekend.

The gameplay has felt sluggish in every game, the worst I've ever actually experienced. The players feel like they're walking through water, they've went weak and get pushed off the ball with just the opponent looking at them, shooting has been well off key, Ronaldo missing so many sitters and the opposition goalkeeper/the post getting in the way of most shots. My 92 rated squad have turned into a below par bronze team it seems.

I lost a few games to genuinely good elite players but I've lost a handful of games against people that you can tell dont know how to play fifa very well, silver/lower gold rank players. I've had so many more shots and the share of possession but there seems to be some kind of force beyond my control stopping my team playing to their full potential this weekend. Tempted to just sell up my team and come back in a month after TOTS prices have settled.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

Comments

• Kingkay
    1744 posts Fans' Favourite
    Seem to be playing a lot of skill abusers this week
  • Heshyooo
    Kingkay wrote: »
    Seem to be playing a lot of skill abusers this week

I've played a lot of people who just cross, cross, cross and eventually score 2 headers
  • Admg1
    203 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've only played 12 games this weekend and I cant see me playing anymore.
    I've been experiencing exactly what you've described myself.
  • Mjo_010
    69 posts Park Captain
    I am experiencing the same. It is getting
    worse every week. They want us to buy FP, it feels like EA are deciding who wins
  • JURITO1000
    1661 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 21
    Yes ,im usually gold 1/2 but stopped at 12 wins....from 11-2 went on something like 12-8.....but my frustration is not because of the loses . Its about loses from 3-0 and against gold teams where i clearly saw im a better player and could not score than he scores from 2 shots 2 times

Edit: and the amount of blocked shots by opponent ai it was ridiculous...so many good shots where his defender jumped into it
  • Heshyooo
    Mjo_010 wrote: »
    I am experiencing the same. It is getting
    worse every week. They want us to buy FP, it feels like EA are deciding who wins

I thought exactly this but didn't want to say it

I noticed that their flash special packs on Friday didn't sell out as they used too, maybe if they didn't lower pack weights last year then maybe I'd consider putting my hand in my pocket. Definitely not now after they nerf my team, total blindside.
  • Heshyooo
    JURITO1000 wrote: »
    Yes ,im usually gold 1/2 but stopped at 12 wins....from 11-2 went on something like 12-8.....but my frustration is not because of the loses . Its about loses from 3-0 and against gold teams where i clearly saw im a better player and could not score than he scores from 2 shots 2 times

Edit: and the amount of blocked shots by opponent ai it was ridiculous...so many good shots where his defender jumped into it

My weekend league sounds all too similar to yours
  • futaddikt
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Guys it's the same stuff every weekend for everybody let's stop moaning. One week it's amazing either week it's not unless your pro or elite constantly why do you care so much.
  • Killer_Snake2017
    1608 posts Play-Off Hero
    Only got 8 wins this week... Use to get 14😅
  • Drachenfells
    281 posts Sunday League Hero
    As more people leave the game your going to play skill spammers more often as there the only ones left.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4863 posts Big Money Move
    It was miserable. I get between 17-20 wins. Was 9-10 then the game started favoring me and won 8 in a row. I didn’t even have to try. Any shot that didn’t get blocked was a goal after my tenth loss.
  • Killer_Snake2017
    1608 posts Play-Off Hero
    As more people leave the game your going to play skill spammers more often as there the only ones left.

Yeah i was using untradeable team plus nif de Bruyne and Aguero...
    Looks like I'll just sell up I could get the same amount of wins with a full nif team...
  • StalyVegas
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've managed to get to 17 wins with 7 games left, not in the mood to play anymore, every game has been a struggle, players not passing as they should, delay, just as you said sluggish gameplay.
  • mway
    688 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This is how it looks playing FUT right now.

ForcefulAncientArmedcrab-max-1mb.gif

Players not moving or moving slowly, lag, delay.
  • Salvatori
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    Just walk away and leave it lads, its not worth it this weekend :) I quit at 7 - 14 when im usually a bang on .500 player.

The rewards are a waste of time anyway and im skipping the next 2 WL in favour of 2 weeks in the Maldives so happy to just cut the **** and leave it
  • Nervous_Nick
    5092 posts Big Money Move
    I bought my final team (92 rated) because i was sick of waiting. I had a good start on friday 10-2, but then it began...currently 18-10...so it will be gold 1/2 again, same result i get with my untradable team... :s
  • joehuk
    3212 posts National Call-Up
    mway wrote: »
    This is how it looks playing FUT right now.

ForcefulAncientArmedcrab-max-1mb.gif

Players not moving or moving slowly, lag, delay.

Looks about right.

Amount of times I've tried to move and it takes forever so I just rush pass as I'm bring hounded my steroid players.
  • lippyone
    1155 posts Professional
    Can play Five games in a row where it just awful and you have little chance, end up wanting to change players and formation.
    Then suddenly the opposite happens where you can do no wrong.

I leave you to draw your own conclusions as do not want another posting ban
  • QceCapo
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    Worst ever hands down. Every single game I played a **** celebrating his AI assisted goals. Good fun. Gonna take a few weeks off from weekend league didn’t enjoy myself these last few days.
  • lippyone
    1155 posts Professional
    Think I had about Eight games where I was down 1 0 inside 3 minutes without aOne of my players touching the ball
  • Phoenixtone
    91 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I don't know why everyone is complaining. I had a great weekend. Gameplay was smooth, so much better than last weekends FUT Champs.

Defence was strong, lethal finishing, barely missed a shot, team was excellent, acheived some good rewards.

But then I was playing RDR2 having bought it to stop wasting time on FIFA. Seems it was a good decision.
  • Dazzler179
    1146 posts Professional
    One of the worst weekends yet for delay and lag. I’ve 91 Dinho, 93 Bergkamp and CR7 as my front 3 and they all felt clunky and slow. Played an online single game and it was much better but WL and DR have been awful.
  • Nenezinho
    12 posts Ball Boy
    Worst performance also for me. Rubberband was in use in many games. Maradona, Scholes and lampard could not pass or receive one. Ironically since i went Fack That and gung ho with argentinian neverheards i started winning. Nice!maxresdefault.jpg
  • futaddict79
    1576 posts Fans' Favourite
    I got to gold 3 with 9 games remaining, lost the next 6 so gave up lol
  • VandyDuke
    43 posts Park Captain
    Last night was worst WL lag I’ve ever experienced
  • Noob_FC
    3149 posts National Call-Up
    lippyone wrote: »
    Think I had about Eight games where I was down 1 0 inside 3 minutes without aOne of my players touching the ball

And there is no kickoff !!! 😂
  • Toonleew
    2174 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nothing has changed. You have just played against better players. Sometimes you have a good week and sometimes you land unlucky.
  • Heshyooo
    Toonleew wrote: »
    Nothing has changed. You have just played against better players. Sometimes you have a good week and sometimes you land unlucky.

When you lose a game on more that one occasion when you've had 15+ shots and the opponent has 3 or less and wins 1-0 or 2-0. This game does not recognise the better player. Skill gap is non existent
  • iTaLenTZ
    466 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Overall peoples team just got better and people know how to abuse the meta (crosses, el tornado, headers, timed finish, drop back and counter)
  • Seleukos
    206 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Last week started 15-2, this week 8-6....
    Mostly had 17+ shots vs 5/6 shots. Completely ridicoulus passes and bounces.
    Ended with 20-8.......